• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Zone

Smash Champion
Mav, leave a thor in the most important places like the mineral line backed up by a few turrets. if they try to hit your scv's your thor will hit them and you also have scv's right there to repair. Run your marines toward the mutas non-stop (Unless your god-pro-like fast) this could end up putting you behind in macro. to keep them running. Don't stim your marines unless they engage real close, If they are really close to the edge you're just hurting yourself for free, wasting dropship energy on healing marines that didn't really need to stim.

The only real way you're going to kill a really good players mutas is to force them to engage or get in some tricky shots. Too bad terran dont have a move like fungal growth to hold them still. Seeker missile would be so good then.

Have you tried ghosts? I don't see it much. but there have been a few matches where a guy made like 5 ghosts and kept sneak sniping my mutas. and he usually killed 1-2 here and there before I could get away. of course this was early muta harrass, I can't imagine you making like 25 ghosts to 30 mutas lol. Banelings/infestors(arguable if you can land emp first) anybody?

I don't really know how successful ghost is, but I'd like to see someone try it out more. the couple times I seen it It really scared me to get into the T's base lol.

Personally as a Zerg, I feel far more comfortable going mutalisks against Terran, than I am Protoss. PHeonix's shut them down so hard.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh.: Something seems to be seriously wrong with my connection, so unless it gets fixed, I probably won't be able to play until Monday.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ankoku 2 > 0 Oh.

Replays:
Ankoku - Metalopolis - Oh.
Ankoku - Steppes of War - Oh.

Rules:
Players must remain the race that they entered the tournament with (for example, you must stay Random, even if you random'd Terran first game). Each player first may vote down one map. Next, the higher seeded player selects which map to play on for the first game. The loser of the previous game selects the next map. Maps may NOT be played on more than once in a set. Report match results here.

If one of the two players does not make a post regarding the match or requesting an extension by Sunday, December 5, he automatically forfeits.

Player List:
Ankoku // aisight.334
EnigmaticCam // Camster.635
HeroMystic // HeroMystic.745
Kenrawr // KatyPerry.412
Matt07 // Matt.1330
M@v // Mav.945
Pakman // Pakman.484
rhan // Rhan.667
SCOTU // SCOTU.208
S.O.L.I.D. // Solid.414
Oh. // LadyGaga.997
Sensei Hanzo // SenseiHanzo.445
shanus // shanus.665
ArcNatural // ArcNatural.328
Cynan Machae // Cynan.623
Twig // Twig.511

Map List:
Blistering Sands
Jungle Basin
Scrap Station
Steppes of War
Xel'Naga Caverns
Delta Quadrant
Lost Temple
Metalopolis
Shakuras Plateau

Matches:
Bolded players are the higher seeds in this.
Races are color-coded: Terran Protoss Zerg Random

Winners' Brackets Finals (BEST OF 7)
shanus vs Cynan Machae

Losers' Brackets Quarterfinals (BEST OF 5)
M@v vs Kenrawr
Ankoku vs Twig

Current Placements
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
5:
7: Oh. - 710 Diamond
7: EnigmaticCam - 1742 Diamond
9: rhan - 727 Diamond
9: ArcNatural - 1641 Gold
9: Sensei Hanzo - 451 Silver
9: SCOTU - 1345 Silver
13: Pakman - 1748 Platinum
13: Matt07 - 340 Bronze
13: S.O.L.I.D. - 634 Bronze
13: HeroMystic - 1745 Platinum

shanus

Smash Hero
Cynan wins 4-2

shanus w on XelNaga ( Pv P)
Cynan W on Shakuras (P v P)
Cynan W on Delta Quadrant (P v Z)
Shanus W on Jungle Basin (P v Z)
Cynan W on Scrap Station (P v Z)
Cynan W on LT ( P v P)

ggs

M@v

Subarashii!
kenrawr kicked my *** 3-0.

game 1 lt
game 2 delta quad
game 3 xel naga caverns. I'd given up by this point so I did an scv marine rush all-in.

I should really stop playing T. I suck with them. All I am is gimmicks.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
kenrawr kicked my *** 3-0.

game 1 lt
game 2 delta quad
game 3 xel naga caverns. I'd given up by this point so I did an scv marine rush all-in.

I should really stop playing T. I suck with them. All I am is gimmicks.
Changing races won't change a gimmicky playstyle. The only way to actually get better is to practice the fundamentals: refining builds, MACRO, micro, keep producing workers, SCOUTING, not getting supply blocked, etc etc.

I really can't stress how important macro and scouting are in Sc2.

What race you play should be whichever you have the most fun playing =), then becoming a better player.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If it's one thing I've learned from watching GSL, it's that gimmicky play isn't necessarily bad. You just have to be good at what you're doing if you choose to run all-ins and cheeses every single game.

M@v

Subarashii!
eh. I was just venting. My standard tvt opening IS pretty damn gimmicky though.( 2 cloak banshee rush).

But I beat like 4 top 20 diamonds(In their divisions) straight today. 2 of them were with foxer tactics. That cheered me up pretty damn quick LOL.

Seriously. Maxxed out bio ball with some medevacs is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good vs zerg. Even if they have banelings. This guy had lings/banes/broodlords/4-5 ultras/roaches/and hydras. I had about 25 marines and 4 marauders after the first big 200/200 fight, and kept pouring units in. Another game I ended like an hour stalemate with all marines. That game the guy sent a pure baneling attack against my marines. Forced them into a choke and lost about 65% of my army, but still had 30-40 marines ready to kill.

TL:DR

Foxer tactics work!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've won more games going Marines and Medivacs than I can count. It's just a challenge of whether or not the other player can macro under pressure.

I think you might be overemphasizing things a bit, though. No Infestors when you went ahead and maxed out your army?

yeah mass marines is pretty much **** for zerg

midgame mass marine timing attack pretty much ***** because you can just keep sending **** to zerg and force them to keep making banelings so they can't drone

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I disagree on the basis that while Banelings are great, they aren't the correct answer to midgame mass Marines. You're throwing a lot of one-time kills that cost quite a bit of gas into a minerals-only composition. Ironically enough, the most effective counter to mass Marines is what Terran usually doesn't have much trouble with - Roach/Hydra.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i could imagine how much trouble terran would have with burrowed roaches

(except if they have a ton of scans saved up)

Lobos

Smash Master
Good news! I get my new mouse today and will be able to sf it up again!

If BlackOps doesn't tear me away >_>

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've been in rank 74-ish Platinum since forever. Not that I've done anything to change that.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Can i assume another tournament will begin shortly after the completion of this one?

M@v

Subarashii!
Well, I'm addicted to Starcraft 1 now, and I'm planning on getting 2 for Christmas.

I'm pretty terrible, so is there anything that I should really work on before getting 2?
Just your basics. Always make scvs, keep scouting, etc. The new units/stat differences/maps make the matchup mechanics different, but sc1 basics still hold true. Also you can pick more than 12 units at once in sc2, and can select mutliple buildings at once as well.

shanus

Smash Hero
I can't wait till 1.2 so I can get back into the 1v1 ladder instead of falling behind the curve so much due to work dominating my life lately.

Top Bottom