• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Sensei, not sure what my schedule is tonight. If I can do the matches at all today, it would be after 8:30pm pst. Same thing tomorrow. But Wednesday night I'm mostly free after 5:00pm.

shanus

Smash Hero
Kenrawr, I won't be able to play till the weekend likely. Whats your in game name, are you LadyGaga or someone else now?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
add me LadyGaga 997

whens a good time for you arcnatural
Tomorrow or Thursday I think are my most likely days. Maybe late tonight. Playing some melee tonight and going to ROM over the weekend so I won't be available those days most likely.

rhan

Smash Hero
Looks like everyone's playing Thursday... @_@

We should all just get on and spectate all the matches.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
So I don't understand this maybe someone could help. I was able to play about 2 weeks ago but had some issues connecting to games. It would tell me that it found the player and just sit there and never load past that. That happened like once in every 3 or 4 games. Now I cannot even connect to any games which makes me sad. Anyone know of a solution?

rhan

Smash Hero
You're better off asking either Blizzard or in the Computer Cafe.

I'm not that computer savvy. It just sounds like (To me at least) that you have either a bug in the programing or some crap. Or your connection isn't so great.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
So I don't understand this maybe someone could help. I was able to play about 2 weeks ago but had some issues connecting to games. It would tell me that it found the player and just sit there and never load past that. That happened like once in every 3 or 4 games. Now I cannot even connect to any games which makes me sad. Anyone know of a solution?
Get better Internets.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was gonna offer to play a game with you but you left right after playing SCOTU.

rhan

Smash Hero
I wanna spectate games tonight.

I'm skipping PT to clean the house and my room a bit. And to find crickets for my gecko... and clean her cage...

Yeah I does Fall cleaning bishes.

Edit: Yeah college internet sucks diq. I was at my friend's college campus and the inetrnet went out like every 20 minutes.

M@v

Subarashii!
What race do you play? I've gotten a lot better with macro recently so I should be able to help. Also, are you always getting out resourced? Or do you always have a lot in the bank but can't build fast enough?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll probably be playing alot this weekend, I'll post my new name/code once I get on

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
What race do you play? I've gotten a lot better with macro recently so I should be able to help. Also, are you always getting out resourced? Or do you always have a lot in the bank but can't build fast enough?
It is more utilizing my resources correctly. Sometimes i get beat by better upgraded units. Sometimes I just don't have the right information, most times when we engage and trade the other guy gets reinforcements faster. I generally keep my minerals pretty low.

shanus

Smash Hero
are you usually teching too heavily without producing unit producing structures?

M@v

Subarashii!
I was gonna offer to play a game with you but you left right after playing SCOTU.
Yeah, I had to wake up early today for class. :3

It is more utilizing my resources correctly. Sometimes i get beat by better upgraded units. Sometimes I just don't have the right information, most times when we engage and trade the other guy gets reinforcements faster. I generally keep my minerals pretty low.
That means that most likely he has more unit producing structures than you do. Also if he has better upgrades plus as many units as you, very good chance hes beating you in the resources game. Always try to be making workers, and try to expand no later than 50 food, although I usually go for earlier expands, especially as terran. Im still feeling out the best times to expand as protoss though :3. If your going gas heavy units, you'll probably have lots of extra minerals. Dont let them sit there. Pump out marines/hellions/zealots/zerglings/mineral only units pending what race you are.

Why do you think speedling/bane muta is so popular? All the left over minerals from mutas go into the zerglings, and banelings are very cheap on gas.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uh..? Roaches are even cheaper on gas than Banelings.

Muta/Bane/Ling is popular because Mutalisks are ridiculously good, Banelings tend to shut down one of the most effective counters to it in T (Marines), and you often end up with Zerglings left over anyway. You also don't see that composition against Protoss nearly as often, because Banelings have limited use in that matchup.

shanus

Smash Hero

Muta/Bane/Ling is popular because Mutalisks are ridiculously good, Banelings tend to shut down one of the most effective counters to it in T (Marines), and you often end up with Zerglings left over anyway. You also don't see that composition against Protoss nearly as often, because Banelings have limited use in that matchup.
thats because they don't even need the blings, they jsut need the mutas and lings haha.

The baneling just isn't cost effective against stalkers. Why waste the gas really.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I actually see Mutalisks stall for a large Roach/Hydra army against Protoss more often than the whole "critical mass muta" goal that they tend to go for against Terran.

I'll try to write up my opinion on army compositions sometime, though I'd be the first to agree with people that simply out-macroing the opponent and magically having more units is always a better thing to focus on before trying to adjust your unit ratios to perfect numbers or something.

SCOTU

Smash Hero

Also lings are good enough against thors, the more baneling resistant Anti-muta unit. Still gotta force them out of position to get the tanks, though

Top Bottom