• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

rhan

Smash Hero
I think Toss should have the battery recharge back. That's one way to avoid stupid rushes. Or use sentries? I don't know much about Toss and how fast everything comes. I just know what they can block with.

Also I played like 3 opponents in a row that cheese builded. 1st was Toss that snuck by me.. yeah I suck.. Saw him walk in and searched around my base as soon as I saw him. Then when I found him he was already building the **** pylon..

2nd was another terran that did like 2 proxy rax on Steppes behind that rock. When I scouted I noticed that he only had a supply depot in his base. So I scouted around for the proxy. Found it and saw what he was doing so I tried to rush my Tank. Honestly though I've been beaten by proxy rax before. How can I possibly beat it?

3rd was a guy that snuck a SCV in the back of my base. I paid no mind to it. It built a bunker in the back of my base on Metropolis. Then I realised he flew his rax to the back also. I though that was pretty funny. I pulled my Tank over and scared him away. I won that round pulling his army to attack a Banshee that harassed the min line and ran the front with like 2 tanks and a **** ton of Marines on Stim.

Yeah so far Platinum has just been full o cheese.

M@v

Subarashii!
I only had one guy try to cheese me, and he raged at me the whole time after I owned it and proceeded to beat him.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
one guy rushed me with probes in plat

lol

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman

Lobos

Smash Master
Yeah banglings are only meant for in the beginning before seige tanks....6-7 will take out any wall from the splash damage. It also needs to be followed by lings and/or roaches

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm not sure I've heard of people losing for having too few resources, unless it's due to:
- queueing units
- not making enough workers
- not expanding and starving out
Yeah, that's basically what it means. If your resources are so low that you are building nothing (basically just watching yourself gather resources), you are not gathering enough.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's basically what it means. If your resources are so low that you are building nothing (basically just watching yourself gather resources), you are not gathering enough.
I always fully saturate my bases (I usually go for a pretty economic style), and yet I still have a hard time getting the resources I need as fast as I need it. I find myself waiting a pretty decent amount in the early/mid stages of the game, saving for buildings or more expensive units.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
After reading since my post, I have no desire to play online. The game seems as contingent on rushing, and I don't have the time or interest to learn counters for that. Oh well, do people build any good UMS?

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah just get in the habit of scouting early if you feel cheese nothing like having an extremely early scout spot their worker count and or cheese early Then you can start your production just a tad late so you'll have a higher worker count and Still be able to stop it in time and I'd he keeps sending units your way you'll easily be able to
Keep up and sneak
In a few workers to get further ahead and tech soon to something he cant counter.

rhan

Smash Hero
After reading since my post, I have no desire to play online. The game seems as contingent on rushing, and I don't have the time or interest to learn counters for that. Oh well, do people build any good UMS?
Lame.

Also Cheese only happens if you allow it to. I ****ed up all my rounds scouting wrong.

M@v

Subarashii!
2 people used my TvT banshee strat against me today....and I beat both of them :D. 1 was just a long macro game after his initial banshees failed.

The other I helion proxyd, which failed. I then turned to my favorite unit, the thor, to use its iron will and crush him(with marines, a couple marauders, and a couple valks for those pesky banshees). This including dropping 2 thors right into his mineral line, which was extremely satisfying. RIDE THE LIGHTNING!!!

rhan

Smash Hero
TvT is about who can tech the fastest and get that Banshee first... I hate it yet love it at the same time. Taking out their supplies and anything else I possibly can is fun though. Getting my Tanks ***** though is depressing..

TvP is so easy... Protoss has to fight so hard just to stay alive long enough for their Colloss. Once they get that everything is done for the beginning Terran units. Mars/Rines counter about everything as long as you have a Tank or two as back up. Stim is so ****. <3

Though I've been losing to Zergs lately. They're much harder to play against from Platinum and Diamond players.

Also ya'll are in the presence of a newly born Diamond Terran. ;)

M@v

Subarashii!

I got demoted to silver because of this match. Did the best by far stat wise despite losing. I was literally the only one doing anything. I killed so many ****ing battlecruisers.

Guess who my 3 team mates were? <___<
(Actually red was one, he at least tried to do something)

/wrists.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I don't like the 4v4 and 3v3 point system and stuff. You can play reaaaaaaaally well and still lose points, or something more extreme like what happened to you. Don't worry about it though, I'm sure you'll get back up.

rhan

Smash Hero
Congrats, rhan!
Thankies. :3

I got demoted to silver because of this match. Did the best by far stat wise despite losing. I was literally the only one doing anything. I killed so many ****ing battlecruisers.

Guess who my 3 team mates were? <___<
(Actually red was one, he at least tried to do something)

/wrists.
Which is why I don't take randoms very seriously. In random 3's I either fortress rush or go 5 racks reaper the entire time. :laugh:

M@v

Subarashii!
Dont get me wrong; I dont take it super-serious either. I just can't believe how bad the ranking system failed.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Haha, fortress rushing is such win.

I did a 2v2 with a friend last night. He fortress rushed, I mothership rushed. It actually seems... good. The fortress rush keeps them distracted enough for me the get the mothership out. In fact, the fortress rush usually kills one of them.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
TvT is about who can tech the fastest and get that Banshee first... I hate it yet love it at the same time. Taking out their supplies and anything else I possibly can is fun though. Getting my Tanks ***** though is depressing..

TvP is so easy... Protoss has to fight so hard just to stay alive long enough for their Colloss. Once they get that everything is done for the beginning Terran units. Mars/Rines counter about everything as long as you have a Tank or two as back up. Stim is so ****. <3

Though I've been losing to Zergs lately. They're much harder to play against from Platinum and Diamond players.

Are collosi really the best unit Protoss can go for in PvT? I've watched a lot of PvTs were HTs were used for success. I really don't mind Collosi really late game (like past 20 minutes) but transitioning from mid to late, I just feel like they're difficult to keep alive and you can't do much with them. Whenever I get collosi, the Terran just pops out a few vikings, and to deal with those I need either blink stalkers (as Viking's range is really long lol) or Phoenixes.

At any rate, HTs are more fun and I feel like I can use them more without huge amounts of risk (losing one HT is not close to the level of losing one Collosus). I can do fun things like feedback banshees, storm (obviously), storm drops, and my early-mid game build (chargelots) already goes down that tech path.

shanus

Smash Hero

Just wait to you get to the higher diamond Toss players, your in a fresh low league :p

While PvT is hard, Collosus are old and busted v. Terran, Psi storm is the new hotness. The fact of the matter is collosus are so hard countered by vikings and the fact is so many terrans have a starpor they can drop onto a reactor its noot worth the investment. Feedback and storm are so versatile its hard to say no! Chargelot + Storm works wonders on Terran Bio. Best part is if I see them transfering to mech its so easy to tech switch and still keep a pressure army and harass up with so many warp gates while i either get immos or VRs. You'll see :)

15 more points to break 1000 in diamond, woot (i think i went 9 wins 1 loss today in 1's, what a good day)

rhan

Smash Hero
Are collosi really the best unit Protoss can go for in PvT? I've watched a lot of PvTs were HTs were used for success. I really don't mind Collosi really late game (like past 20 minutes) but transitioning from mid to late, I just feel like they're difficult to keep alive and you can't do much with them. Whenever I get collosi, the Terran just pops out a few vikings, and to deal with those I need either blink stalkers (as Viking's range is really long lol) or Phoenixes.

At any rate, HTs are more fun and I feel like I can use them more without huge amounts of risk (losing one HT is not close to the level of losing one Collosus). I can do fun things like feedback banshees, storm (obviously), storm drops, and my early-mid game build (chargelots) already goes down that tech path.
Most of the games I end it before they are able to get chargelots or a Colloss. But if they scout my build yeah HT are definitely good. But you have to make sure they dont get picked off my the support Tanks.

Just wait to you get to the higher diamond Toss players, your in a fresh low league :p

While PvT is hard, Collosus are old and busted v. Terran, Psi storm is the new hotness. The fact of the matter is collosus are so hard countered by vikings and the fact is so many terrans have a starpor they can drop onto a reactor its noot worth the investment. Feedback and storm are so versatile its hard to say no! Chargelot + Storm works wonders on Terran Bio. Best part is if I see them transfering to mech its so easy to tech switch and still keep a pressure army and harass up with so many warp gates while i either get immos or VRs. You'll see :)

15 more points to break 1000 in diamond, woot (i think i went 9 wins 1 loss today in 1's, what a good day)
This is probably true. Though the Toss I beat to go Diamond was like a rank 32 in Diamond himself. Idk if that's higher rank but I believe top 30 Diamond players are good enough to be considered semi pro.

Edit: Just cuz I was curious. I looked through my pool for any familiar names.

Apparently I have "Flash" in my pool. lmao One he's Korean living in Korea. So this is obviously some wanna be.

And there's a Protoss player that I remember playing against. I got cheesed by him. lmao. And apparently my record is still better then his. KillerKid is his name.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/288116/1/Rhan/ladder/17018

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm starting to believe everyone will eventually hit diamond because it seems you get more points per win than you do for a loss I've gotten 44 points for beating a diamond player 1v1 but only lost like 12 points to platinum player while most platinum wins give me atleast 22points so I think you gotta lose more than your wins to stay stuck in one league by quite a bit

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's actually really easy to get into Bronze or Diamond, but hard to stay in anything in between. The visible points you gain/lose have nothing to do with what league you end up in, by the way.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I went 4-1 in placements and was in Plat for about a week. Went on this epic losing streak, losing to people either far better than me, or losing to cheese/all-ins because apparently it's required to scout every nook and cranny early game, which ruins my economy because my multi-task is garbage-tier and was demoted to Silver.

Desperately trying to fight out of my less than 50% win ratio, but various factors are preventing that. Ladder makes for an angry Rubyiris. I'm trying to focus on improving my macromanagement, but nobody fights me straight up. I have to deal with cheese, or crazy-early all-ins 100% of the time.

Micromanagement wasn't a problem in beta, but since the official launch, my laptop can't handle SC2 anymore. I was able to run Beta without any lag problems, but since launch I get massive fps lag if my APM jumps over 100.

shanus

Smash Hero
Most of the games I end it before they are able to get chargelots or a Colloss. But if they scout my build yeah HT are definitely good. But you have to make sure they dont get picked off my the support Tanks.

This is probably true. Though the Toss I beat to go Diamond was like a rank 32 in Diamond himself. Idk if that's higher rank but I believe top 30 Diamond players are good enough to be considered semi pro.

Edit: Just cuz I was curious. I looked through my pool for any familiar names.

Apparently I have "Flash" in my pool. lmao One he's Korean living in Korea. So this is obviously some wanna be.

And there's a Protoss player that I remember playing against. I got cheesed by him. lmao. And apparently my record is still better then his. KillerKid is his name.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/288116/1/Rhan/ladder/17018
Within your own pool doesn't really matter as you play in the diamond group as a whole. What you should look for when looking at a diamond isn't their rank within their pool, but the total time their division has existed, and the number of points they have.

A good site to d that: http://sc2ranks.com/team/34760

rhan

Smash Hero
I know within my own pool doesn't matter. Honestly I was looking through everyones win/lose streak and their points then recognized a few names.

Thanks for that site btw.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey all. Feel free to add me on SC2. My name is just "Alt". Character code 354.

I'm a mid Platinum zerg player right now. Wanting to play some practice 1v1 matches or even 2v2's.

Later

rhan

Smash Hero
I definitely will hit you up for some v Zerg practice. Diamond/Platinum Zerg players have been trouble some.

Rhan#667 I'l be on tomorrow all day pretty much.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I was playing a 4v4 for the lulz and me and one of my allies pushed out for some harass and we saw that one of the opponents had five in base hatcheries, I actually laughed out loud when we got to his base.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
One time on Scrap Station, a Terran started out the game by lifting off and flying to the island expansion. That was pretty lol-worthy.

rhan

Smash Hero
Omfg I hate the Zerg matchup... SOOO MUCH now lmao

I uploaded a few replays. One that I played this morning against a Toss that said I had no skill.. Though I pretty much hard countered everything he threw at me and my APM was higher the entire match.

And one of me playing one of the local Diamond Zerg players.

TvZ = http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79751-1v1-terran-zerg-lost-temple

TvP = http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/79703-1v1-terran-protoss-metalopolis

I would like critiques. I can also upload more matches of me and Schoolie.

Also what could that Toss player seriously have done? I mean I think that HT would have ***** what I was doing..

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Haha, the people who say you have no skill after losing are the best. This terran player went MMM on me, despite seeing my mutas and banelings BEFORE he went in. He is unable to drop his units since my banes are following him, so he loses his entire army to my mutas, followed by me winning. Then he proceeds to tell me that I'm the worse player hes ever played and that he should've won because he had a higher overall score loooool

rhan

Smash Hero
****ing scrubs I swear.. I don't think any race is over powered or underpowered. Really though I think that this game has been created to where Zerg counters Terran. Terran counters Toss. And Toss counters Zerg. Or at least in those matches it's been easier.

Though I agree with the tweaks being done to every race this game is still pretty balanced. It really depends on ones skill level as a play and how active you can be throughout the game (aka APM). The overall score is just an overview means jack ****.

Though I did beat a Zerg player who's average APM was like 20 points higher then mine.. So idk. This game confuses me sometimes...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think race imbalance only occurs at the highest levels of play. The majority of the people that complain about terran being OP or that zerg need buffs are trying to blame their losses on something other than their own mistakes. That's also why I believe I'm able to get better so much, I review the mistakes I made in a game and remember to correct them in the future.

I will admit though, reapers are just ****ing gay against zerg, especially if he goes proxy rax and I don't notice it until I scout it at 13 supply and he already has the tech lab being built.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Haha, the people who say you have no skill after losing are the best. This terran player went MMM on me, despite seeing my mutas and banelings BEFORE he went in. He is unable to drop his units since my banes are following him, so he loses his entire army to my mutas, followed by me winning. Then he proceeds to tell me that I'm the worse player hes ever played and that he should've won because he had a higher overall score loooool
Happens all the time. Doesn't matter what game/community it is. Scrubs have their own internal perception of what "skill" is. Early in the beta, I cannon rushed a guy, and he told me how "bad" I was.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I call people who go for something stupid like cannon rush or BBS on me, fail, and proceed to fold to my counter-push, terrible, if that counts for anything.

Seems like US/EU feel that Terran are the strongest race, while Korea believe Protoss are.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wow, if that guy is diamond, then I wonder how I'm still in plat. Getting supply blocked, going 15 pool against reapers, not harassing at all with mutas..

Anyways, I think if you are going reapers, you need to be much quicker with it. By the time you had 2 out, he had metabolic boost already upgraded, which ***** reapers pretty well. You also could've used the high ledge next to the natural for tanks and only have to deal with the mutas, which would've given you a much easier win.

Top Bottom