• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
You really shouldn't play 3v3's or 4v4's. In my opinion they really don't help you improve. They're just gang **** rushes. 1v1's and reading build orders on Liquidpedia will help improve greatly in this game.
They certainly do nothing to improve your competitive edge, but they are fantastic when you have those nights where friends are in a party but do not want to fight each other. Fighting faceless opponents is just more fun. :p

Plus, since you can help control allies in SC2, dying is not so terrible. For each teammate that dies off, you earn a full-time micro assistant! :p

Relative to competitive play, I know my comments sound very "ITEMS ARE FUN"... but hey, 3v3 and 4v4 really are fun. I guess I'm just not into super competitive Starcraft. ^_^

rhan

Smash Hero
They certainly do nothing to improve your competitive edge, but they are fantastic when you have those nights where friends are in a party but do not want to fight each other. Fighting faceless opponents is just more fun. :p

Plus, since you can help control allies in SC2, dying is not so terrible. For each teammate that dies off, you earn a full-time micro assistant! :p

Relative to competitive play, I know my comments sound very "ITEMS ARE FUN"... but hey, 3v3 and 4v4 really are fun. I guess I'm just not into super competitive Starcraft. ^_^
They're fun. lol I hate getting reaper and Ling rushed x 4 though... lol

3v3's are fun. As long as you got pertners who listen. 4v4 are fun-ish. I dislike the maps. But eh.

I'm a tourney***. lol I like to improve upon my record.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
During the beta, I was extremely competitive. My cousin and I worked hard to dominate the 2v2 arena, but once 3v3 and 4v4 came out, I sort of reverted to big chaotic games.

M@v

Subarashii!
I mainly play 1v1 and 4v4s. I'll do 3 or 4 1vs1s, then split it up with a 4v4. I can't grind constantly with 1v1s; it gets tiresome. When I play with someone I know I do 2v2s. I don't like 2v2 randoms because if your team mate's a scrub your royally screwed.

rhan

Smash Hero
I got a set 2v2 team mate. 1v1's and 2v2's is about the only stuff I do. Shaeman's my 2v2 partner and we're on the way to Diamond. <3

But yeah I'm willing to play anything as long as we have a plan or something before we start the game. lol

Matter of fact.. Who wants to play now? lol

M@v

Subarashii!
^ if you can wait about 30 minutes I can play.(I get off work at 4)

whats your sc name/ 3 digit code?

rhan

Smash Hero
Rhan #667

I can wait. All I have is time today. Been jumping from playing Halo and Starcraft.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I have the most fun in the game when I'm playing 4s. 1v1 gets really stressful after a while and it feels good to play without having work as much.

rhan

Smash Hero
M@v's amazing. <3

Took on two people by himself because of my fail internet. Dude good games. You're fun to team with.

M@v

Subarashii!
M@v's amazing. <3

Took on two people by himself because of my fail internet. Dude good games. You're fun to team with.
The guy told me the dude went afk for a bit, so I got lucky with my attack timing.

I had like 8-10 barracks; one had a tech and the rest were reactors lol. I figured all or nothing rine rush lmao.

rhan

Smash Hero
The guy told me the dude went afk for a bit, so I got lucky with my attack timing.

I had like 8-10 barracks; one had a tech and the rest were reactors lol. I figured all or nothing rine rush lmao.
Haha you're still a beast. xD

rhan

Smash Hero
This is one of those games where I get bored of 1v1s......

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/621885/1/Lobos/

I'm still behind in games compared to majority of the people on my friends list
1v1's are definitely most fun at a lower level. I broken into Platinum the other day. Was a rank 19 and now I'm a rank 30 something. The standard stuff that I did in Gold doesn't work against these players.

1v1's are second most fun. 2v2's are the most fun top me at least.

Honestly, it was pretty much your reaper micro that won us the first 2 games. I just kept them busy as they targeted me first.
Eh Reapers are just gay.. lol and they weren't even prepared for it at all... or even cared to move their probes.

Zone

Smash Champion
Anybody want to 2v2 with me? All my friends way large levels below my skill level so when I team with them I tend to carry the weight lol.

M@v

Subarashii!
How the hell do I beat Zerg with terran? I've seriously gotten ***** every time I haven't beaten them in 5 minutes with an all-out rush. People have been telling me mech.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Are you losing to certain strats or just zerg in general?

M@v

Subarashii!
If I rush I normally win. If I don't, they mass expand, and every time I try to attack their expos they are all over me. baneling freaking destory half my force. Before I know it, i got brood lords ****** me.

My main problem is macro in general. I get out macrod almost every game I play in, including wins. Im too scared to expand earlier for fear of attack. I got to get over it because its my main weakness and I'm losing a lot because of it.

EDIT:

I went 5 racks reaper and what a surprise I GOT *%##D. ZERG IS NOT OP VS TERRAN, BECAUSE IM GETTING *%##D BY ALL THE SEMI-COMPETENT ONES %@%!!

He went mutas, so i switch to rines thors. But its funny because I cant be in 5 places at once and mutas @%#@ing can. Bye bye my economy. I'm always afraid to expo, but this time I did. And I got @*!%d because I did. Fml i cant do anything right.

SOMEONE PLEASE TEACH ME THIS ****ING MU BEFORE I THROW MY LAPTOP OUT A WINDOW. I'VE TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

IM ABOUT 4-20 VS ZERG, ITS ****ING RIDICULOUS.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
should go vikings for mutas! then you can harass them as well by sniping overlords =)

rhan

Smash Hero
5 Racks Reaper usual works for me. 1 Rine just in case a Ovy comes unwelcome. Blocking the ramp is good also. Once you get 5 Reapers you're suppose to harass asap. The Zerg will most likely panic and try to protect his base. In the mean time macro while microing. Just hotkey all your Racks to one and mass R then when you see something attacking the Reapers micro that shizzzzz.

Multitasking is a ***** but it pays off in the long run.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If they have Mutas or Brood Lords then make Vikings. If they have corrupters too then make some rines and thors.

Have you tried dropping into their expansions? If you can pull it off well, you can do multiple drops at the same time, split their forces, and then pull back. I don't know how well it would work, but you never know.

Zone

Smash Champion
You don't just go one thing never just commit to one plan or strategy you should watch what they do if they tech try to push a infantry rush around the time the lair is about to finish especially if they went for a lair and an expansion. You should get a mix of units to mAtch their mix if they massing one or two units you can just hard counter and micro better I'll five you a ton of examples when I get home I'm on my phone right now

EDIt:
Tanks/marines/marauders(dropships when you get them) pretty much goes even if not over powers zerg slightly with most of zerg's mid game ground troups(Hydras/lings/roaches) Zerg can start holding their own against your army once they cleverly use infestors for infantry(they usually want these by the time you get drop ship otherwise it's a pain to kill your infantry), and start getting ultralisks.

Also I've had problems with ghosts when I muta attack. I can usually outrun anything else you got before they can do too much damage. But well placed sniper shots will kill me usually before I even see a ghost coming.

but when people tell you thors for mutas. they don't mean to defend against them. they usually mean when you attack their base, they are forced to engage you, meaning muta's speed won't mean much if they are forced to attack you. You're better off trying to spot that spire early and getting a few well placed turrets around your base with a nice little pack of vikings to support them. If they make a greater spire obviously you'll want to make more vikings.

When they start mass expanding, Try using drop ships with a small marine/rauder force at each expo. like stated above. (sometimes just a pack of hellions can do the job) You'll want to hit and run. Do not fight until they die. You'll gain a lead if you can get "free" damage. more than likely they will bring a force bigger than your drop and easily kill it w/o losing much of their army. So you'll want to keep ur guys alive.

If they are un-protected. you can just run in a few hellions to kill the drones then run away. It's also nice idea to have a big army(the main force you use) and a seperate pack of hellions. if you briefly approach his expo. He'll most likely counter your massive army with almost all of his force to try and out power you. That's when you can usually freely use your small pack of hellions to take out drones at another location on the map.

So scouting is the key to victory. You need to know what the zerg is doing. My brother told me that mules bring in about 300 minerals. So my brother will never scan. instead he builds a hidden barracks(150minerals) outside my base somewhere and flys it over my base. I usually can't kill it fast enough before he sees everything.

M@v

Subarashii!
Despite me sucking hard vs zerg, this finally happened:

:D :D :D

All My TvT and TvP wins must of did it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm so glad I'm out of Silver. Silver was just nonstop cheesing.
Platinum is, like... 30% cheese. Good improvement.
Cheese is so easy to deal with. Never hesitate using it against anyone else, though. You need to scout early and often. If you can cheese the opponent, do it, and get the match over with.

rhan

Smash Hero
Despite me sucking hard vs zerg, this finally happened:

:D :D :D

All My TvT and TvP wins must of did it.
Good stuff bro!

But how the eff do you do TvT? That's the one match I lose horribly. Toss and Zerg are so much easier..

M@v

Subarashii!
Good stuff bro!

But how the eff do you do TvT? That's the one match I lose horribly. Toss and Zerg are so much easier..
I basically go marauders early game. Mass marauders beats out mass marines and marine marauder mixes. Rule of thumb: 1 Marauder can take two marines, but will be extremely close to death(like one or two more hits). I usually skip tanks and go straight to thors. Don't do that if they're massing tanks, or you want to play defensive. Essentially I'm really aggro in TvT.

Another strategy is to get a good defense(bunkers/m&m/ tanks), then go banshees with cloak. Its really hard for the terrans to be ready for it unless they are expecting it. You can run away from scans. They would have to have missile turrets all over their base to neutralize them. If they go ravens, build a couple vikings to chase them away from your banshees.

TL:DR

My 2 Favorite TvT strats:

1. Mass marauders early and push. If it fails, get a couple thors, along with medevacs(marines wouldnt be a bad idea either if they get banshees). Make sure you have a scan or a raven before moving in.

2. Build a good D/expo early, and go banshees with cloak. Build a couple vikings to chase ravens off.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Boy this game is expensive.. Expansions to come too? I'll wait for the Battlechest.. Or not -.- might be too long.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Why do people complain about the price and having to pay for expansions? As far as I know, there have been expansions for every Blizzard game without the QQ

rhan

Smash Hero
I basically go marauders early game. Mass marauders beats out mass marines and marine marauder mixes. Rule of thumb: 1 Marauder can take two marines, but will be extremely close to death(like one or two more hits). I usually skip tanks and go straight to thors. Don't do that if they're massing tanks, or you want to play defensive. Essentially I'm really aggro in TvT.

Another strategy is to get a good defense(bunkers/m&m/ tanks), then go banshees with cloak. Its really hard for the terrans to be ready for it unless they are expecting it. You can run away from scans. They would have to have missile turrets all over their base to neutralize them. If they go ravens, build a couple vikings to chase them away from your banshees.

1. Mass marauders early and push. If it fails, get a couple thors, along with medevacs(marines wouldnt be a bad idea either if they get banshees). Make sure you have a scan or a raven before moving in.

2. Build a good D/expo early, and go banshees with cloak. Build a couple vikings to chase ravens off.
I'm going to have to write this down so I can have a little cheat sheet. Honestly I didn't think that Mars could do so much damage for an early game unit.. Especially in TvT.

The unit counter list must have lied to me.. At least the one I'm looking at lied to me. It said that Rines are the number 1 counter to Mars. **** this ****... lmao

Boy this game is expensive.. Expansions to come too? I'll wait for the Battlechest.. Or not -.- might be too long.
I'm sure you bought some kind of expansion or DLC for a game before.

I hate people who is *****ing about spending more money.. I guess I'm bias cuz I make 300 - 400 a week.. Eh.

Still QQ. It's marketing. Deal with it.

Zone

Smash Champion

Problem with that maurader vs rine thing is. A maurader is 100 mins 25 gas. If 2 marines (100 minerals) can almost kill a maurader. I think i'd rather go all rines vs your all mauraders and have gas for upgrades like stimpack/shields(HP boost thing)/attack upgrade/ get tanks and have more abundant gas for other things. I mean am I wrong? for every 4 mauraders you make I could make 6 marines and a seige tank, and we all know with those **** mules you're going to have excess minerals that you'll need to put into another CC or hellions/Marines.

Top Bottom