• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
As awesome as that would be, I can't do anything with that stage. The whole first area is a single model, and there aren't any scale bones to let me move anything. I'd definitely do it if I could though.

Edit: I'm going to see what happens if I make the textures transparent, although using those textures + the castle might make it too big... Wait, holy crap, the first section is over 4MB. That pretty much means I can't use it...

lol, most of the space is taken up by the over 100 flag pictures. There are so many because the flags wave around.
What about using the Temple textures, for the Castle?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
You mean the wall textures? Uh... well I could try, but I'm pretty bad at art stuff. Also have a few tests over the next couple days so I won't be working on this much. So I can't make any promises about the textures of the castle itself. I mean I could probably use the brick walls from Castle Siege (is that what you meant earlier? I was thinking you wanted the bg), but it's very unlikely that I could put in any of the windows. Also, I wouldn't know what to do with the green brick textures.

Edit: Hmm... It may not be as bad as I thought... The wall texture is huge so that works, and there's a rooftop texture, although it does kinda look like the wall. I could use that red diamond pattern floor that you fight on as well... something to fight on. And maybe I could use that closed wooden window for the window... Hm... well even someone that fails at art may be able to do this.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Continuing...

Steps:

1 - Open in Brawlbox both the stage you want as the sender and the stage you want as a receiver of models.
2 - Export whatever mdl0 you might transfer.
3 - Import the model to ModelData[2] on the receiver stage

Wacka Alpacka says renaming the model is the next step. But I can't see WTF he's typing 'cause of Youtube's low quality :(
Hey Mewtwo, why does your Wi-Fi Destination has no texture? O.o

When I preview the stage I see only the stage with no texture or background O.o
Repost. :lick:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
renaming the model and the bone.

naming the model is for your own cataloging. renaming the bone keeps every model with the same bone name from being edited to the same place/size by an animation.

i figured you meant deceptively because it seems that the side would have a larger boundary than it actually has. by saying seductively, you made it seem that people would want to go there all the time, which i know if i were to see someone camping near a close boundary i'd spam projectiles at them instead of approaching.
i gave you the next step you should do. it was 2 posts bellow yours.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
As close as I can get to it without directly importing it(I have all the game's models in .KMY and .OBJ formats and textures, but I'm unable to find the sky).

AMKalmar

Smash Ace

It's definitely off. Just so that it's bothering me, most people probably aren't as OCD as myself, though. Note how the collision for the Brawl version is slightly off, so Mario is floating in the air. He should be shorter in comparison to the wall, while Smash64 Mario is marginally taller.

But yeah, as Sails said - Graphically, it's 95% perfect in size. For gameplay, the size effects a bunch of random little things - The tower requires a double jump for each step, for example. That's more the fault of the differences in physics than anything you've done, Mewtwo2000.

It's still awesome, I'm just complaining. :(
Brawl characters are the biggest in the smash series so imo it should be shrunk to at least 90% of the size. Other than that, it's really cool.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
No, it was also released on WiiWare, and it has MDL0 files..

....lol.

Kidding, he just used the textures from the game, you can clearly see that this is a mix of multiple models from Brawl.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
FEEDBACK BEFORE LAST REVISION PLEASE !!!
the end pieces need to go out further. and on the left side, the "walkway" needs to travel down the side of the stage.

also, the base pieces need to be larger individually, but thats not important.

edit: oh, and the incline on the right does NOT need to be that high.

i know you've looked at this pic, but here's a reference again:

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Thanks for the tips FrozenHobo, I'm now going for it full-speed! :D

Sorry for not seeing your answer, It didn't seem like you were talking to me O.o

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, its fine. good to see that you're coming a long faster. i find that putting the models in place is the easy part, but getting the textures right is what takes the longest.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I still can't find the sky. >_<

Well, after playing the game again, the sky is a very light blue with some light fog.
It's almost like the sky is like a big clr0 >_<
Maybe Bero's BB mod can help.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Hey all! I finished school! I have a problem with my stage I'm making. I have a clouds, and I have a backround, and when the clouds are behind the backround they become invisible...I don't even know how thats possible

Hozu

Smash Journeyman

That bone is the cause of my main problem. Deleting it causes all bones below it to move up one spot and use the wrong data. I replaced it with a blank bone from another model and literally nothing changed. What can I do to get rid of it/move it out of the way?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
That bone is the cause of my main problem. Deleting it causes all bones below it to move up one spot and use the wrong data. I replaced it with a blank bone from another model and literally nothing changed. What can I do to get rid of it/move it out of the way?
Why do you need it removed?
*cough*scale to 0 with animations*cough*

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
How do you put the changes into an animation? You mentioned scaling a different part I wanted to remove but I couldn't get it to work (I ended up being able to move the bridge somewhere). However, that same change didn't work for the bone I want to remove (the character's shadows where the bridge was) because it wasn't a child bone of the "scale" bone.

Hm... that gave me an idea... I'll have to try that later though, have other work to do. Bleh.

Edit: Editing the bone in animations was a success. Problem is, it got rid of ALL the shadows. I mean, if I wanted to get rid of all the shadows I could have just replaced the TShadow texture with a transparent image. But I don't, I want to get rid of just the original stage's shadows, and keep the ones for the imported stage (Mewtwo_2000's Hyrule Castle). Hold on... Maybe if I move the background model to a different ModelData...

Edit 2: Which of the ModelData things would be able to have an animation if it were on WiFi room? Not that I really care for WiFi room compatibility...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, anyone ever figured out the problem of my Dracula stage? Lol.

Unless, no one wants a release..

:p

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
How do you put the changes into an animation? You mentioned scaling a different part I wanted to remove but I couldn't get it to work (I ended up being able to move the bridge somewhere). However, that same change didn't work for the bone I want to remove (the character's shadows where the bridge was) because it wasn't a child bone of the "scale" bone.

Hm... that gave me an idea... I'll have to try that later though, have other work to do. Bleh.

Edit: Editing the bone in animations was a success. Problem is, it got rid of ALL the shadows. I mean, if I wanted to get rid of all the shadows I could have just replaced the TShadow texture with a transparent image. But I don't, I want to get rid of just the original stage's shadows, and keep the ones for the imported stage (Mewtwo_2000's Hyrule Castle). Hold on... Maybe if I move the background model to a different ModelData...
Go to materials 1 for the background model, find the material for the shadows and make it 'type=3'.

That's what I'm gonna do for my version of that stage indeed, I suppose it will work xD

Also, to put changes into an animation, just go to the model previewer, select the animation to the right and make the changes. You will know the animation is taking the changes because the numbers get yellow.

Oh, btw, I already resized Hyrule, to a 92% xD

Have to test first of all xD

Top Bottom