• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
testing now...will give feedback in a minute :D

EDIT: Perfect! It seems just right...Boundaries seem good and no collision errors. The Main thing was that it was too long of a stage and you couldn't jump onto the platforms with a single jump. All good now.

Are you planning on somehow adding a tornado?

BTW: Thanks for Green Puff ;)

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was a genius idea to just scale StgPosition to .92 rather than redo all of the points.

Unfortunately, in the Materials section of the background model I'm working on there is no NShadow thing. There is however, a MShadow, with a child of TShadow. I tried changing the Type part of MShadow to 3 but nothing changed...

Ok, so I made a CHR thing in the ModelData with the background model, after moving the model to a different ModelData to prevent a conflict. However, I don't know how to set the new bone animation I created in the CHR thing to reference the bone I want, NShadow. I can't seem to edit anything in the animation editor, but I do recall there being some page telling you how to use it. Problem is, I forgot where that page is. -_-

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Wow, that was a genius idea to just scale StgPosition to .92 rather than redo all of the points.

Unfortunately, in the Materials section of the background model I'm working on there is no NShadow thing. There is however, a MShadow, with a child of TShadow. I tried changing the Type part of MShadow to 3 but nothing changed...

Ok, so I made a CHR thing in the ModelData with the background model, after moving the model to a different ModelData to prevent a conflict. However, I don't know how to set the new bone animation I created in the CHR thing to reference the bone I want, NShadow. I can't seem to edit anything in the animation editor, but I do recall there being some page telling you how to use it. Problem is, I forgot where that page is. -_-
Well, resizing or even moving the whole scenedata is something I did sometimes in other stages of mine, or even not mine, to fix spawn points and stuffs xD

About those shadows... If MShadow's type=3 doesn't work, change the name of the texture (TShadow) to any other name you want, and import a black texture with that name. Be sure you're changing the name in the textures1 folder too. Anyway, MShadow type=3 SHOULD work O.o

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
My problem is that only two models are showing, with the background, and they're not placed correctly. They're really small and are at the same spot (Pillar and one archway), and the background is on the right for some reason.

Mewtwo, got any ideas?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
My problem is that only two models are showing, with the background, and they're not placed correctly. They're really small and are at the same spot (Pillar and one archway), and the background is on the right for some reason.

Mewtwo, got any ideas?
Send file quickly and I'll try it xD

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK. My bro and mom are watching the game now, so I can't test.

In the meantime, how do I add fog using Bero's mod? aree B1,B2,B3 like RGB values??

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
FINALLY! I got rid of the shadows. I had to rename the bone so it wouldn't conflict, made an animation for it (after taking forever figuring that one out...) and then changed the scale to 0. I did have some weird errors transferring to the smaller Hyrule Castle, but I'll probably just import the background into the smaller one to fix that one... Not for a while though, I neglected to do some important stuff. <_<;

Also, I think I should probably wait until the final version of Hyrule Castle comes out so it looks properly done or something. And I have to figure out how to actually modify the textures in GIMP the way I need to (add shadows to the texture itself).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hyrule Castle is amazing now. Basically flawless, with the exception of the the flaps on the right green tower.

Thanks much. :)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

In the meantime, how do I add fog using Bero's mod? aree B1,B2,B3 like RGB values??
Most likely

Also, I think I should probably wait until the final version of Hyrule Castle comes out so it looks properly done or something.
Yeah you should

Yay! i needed to know this

Hyrule Castle is amazing now. Basically flawless, with the exception of the the flaps on the right green tower.

It's amazing it pleased your OCD

on a random note i think somehow i everybody who posted here today was playing 20 questions XD

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

They are. B1=R, B2=G, B3=B. With this you can make fogs of the color you want

To be precise, float1 and float2 are distances. From float1 to float2. The start of the fog and the end of it. There's a fade-in effect, this tells you which distance is all clear, which distance has that fade-in and which distance the fog is full.

I'm a master of fogs since a while, just see the one I used in my lugia's stage.

I'm glad it's fine now :)

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
O! I get it! this will be helpful.

Hey everyone I need your opinion. Should My lightning color be like this?

Or like this?

And Mewtwo, if I wanted a grey fog, I wouldn't change B1, 2, or 3 right?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Just go to paint/gimp/photoshop/any other drawing program to see the color you want, and the value for every channel (red, green, blue). Those values from 0 to 255 are the ones you have to place in B1, B2, B3.

I mean, there are lots of greys, and you can select the exact one you need.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I see 3 fogs
stage01
chara
trainer

I put the trainer on one of the pipes BTW.

How do I make the background(or anything less the -30 on the Z scale) foggy without getting the results
that No@h got?

Maybe I should just use trainer?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
but I'm unable to find the sky.
Look up. :p But in all seriousness, that stage looks AWESOME!

http://i50.tinypic.com/xp0kkh.jpg
Where did you get the Falco and Charizard textures?

O! I get it! this will be helpful.

Hey everyone I need your opinion. Should My lightning color be like this?
http://img21.imageshack.us/i/al1006152206binout.jpg/

Or like this?
http://img443.imageshack.us/i/al1006152117binout.jpg/

And Mewtwo, if I wanted a grey fog, I wouldn't change B1, 2, or 3 right?
Blue for sure!

"Here we go!"

But unfortunately, with my exams, "there's no time to play games!" so I can't look at this until next week. The video looks sweet though.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I see 3 fogs
stage01
chara
trainer

I put the trainer on one of the pipes BTW.

How do I make the background(or anything less the -30 on the Z scale) foggy without getting the results
that No@h got?

Maybe I should just use trainer?
Each fog is for some kind of model. I mean, the trainer fog only makes fog on the pokemon trainer character in the background. Chara is for real playing characters, and stage01 for the rest of the stage.

Try with a low float1 and a high float2. That should make the fog start near but not getting dense.

It looks great, great work OizenX :p

BTW, there's not much left to do here now:

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Nice. You going to fix the top of the main tower to use a better image or something? Not the green roof, but the other thing at the top.

I'm thinking that I should move the sun to the right side of the stage so I don't have to change the lighting. Yay for laziness.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yeah, as it's a 2D image, it doesn't change with the lighting, and I have to change the color by textures. I don't think I'm finding a better model for it (I would need transparencies), so I will fix it this way.

About the sun... Em... It's more easy changing 2 textures and a lighting than moving the sun and the rays I guess o.o xD

Where did you get the Falco and Charizard textures?
Don't remember, I had them much time ago...

Maybe stacksmash? The old kc-mm forum?

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Blue lightning. Btw, is that lightning going to be animated?
Yeah The lightning is already finished along with the clouds, I just have to add some fog and fix some minor things. Uber Mega Giant Release of 6 or so stages on friday

How can I make the fog...less? I had lower numbers than the origional fog, but it ended up being more

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Get a bigger number for float2 O.o

Leave float1 as is. And test xD

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I can't use the sun's glow because it shines through the castle. Actually, it shines through everything. Go play on the original BoE with the unrestricted pause camera and look at the sun through anything and you'll see the glow. As for the rays, they're part of the same bone so it won't be hard. I'd rather do something I know how to do. I just need a better texture for the rays (and the sky). I don't know if I should use the rays if I don't use the glow though.

If the top of the castle texture is the only thing that needs to be fixed I can move ahead with my stage with what I have now but if there's anything else to be fixed I'll wait.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Finally done with all stage names! Took forever. o_o

Also, some stages there won't be included in my package since I changed my mind on some of them. The only ones that I'm not showing there are the Gamecube and Moonside, since I already had the names for them.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I did it for my own stage pack too, inclusive ssp's.
But in that pack, there were No rels at all, and all the neutrals and counterpicks were still effective.
But I keep editing and adding stages.
I just want the highest stage Quality possible in it. Also, only 3D.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
The font for the SSS is easy, you just need to grab any font and copypasta the letters you want to use for the picture. Hell, you don't even need to use a black background + white letters. I guess someone needs to just make one.

Top Bottom