• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Hi everybody xD

No teaser. It's in the vault.

Also, it's not finished, but it's good enough to be shared xD
As I said yesterday, the stage is not finished, there are some issues and I know almost all of them.

- Little borders in the middle of the main tower
- The rest of the borders on the top
- Finishing the green model on the right
- Fixing the green model to the right to be the same color
- Some camera/death issues, specially on the right side
- A little fix to the shadow in the left green part of the stage
- Shadow casting on the green model to the right
- Fixing background size/placement (make it surround the stage)
- Including some type of tornado

This is all I remember right now. The reason I have not fixed all of this is that I'm in my exams period, and the last week I have been without wii because of my decission of leaving it in my weekend home, while I was in the other one. I made the stage without any testing, and it wasn't until yesterday that I had a wii for some hours because I went to my girlfriend's house. While she was at work, I managed to test the stage as it was, editing the lighting and fixing a little some textures, all of this using her computer, not mine. Also, I had not much time to make tests because of her sister, who wanted to play brawl with me. So I had not much time overall, and as I managed to have a decent version of the stage, I decided releasing it as a beta. But I still have to fix all those things I listed before.

Also, I've seen 1 opinion about the size being 10% too big. Other have said it was perfect. I intended to make it perfect, but there's not a really clear reference between the games and it could be a little bigger. If you think so, I could resize it to 90% of the size it is right now, it wouldn't take me too much I guess. But if you think it's not necessary, I'll leave it as is.

I'll change those boundaries to those values I've seen as I see you think they're perfect this way. So it will be a little less work for me to do, thanks =)

Now, enjoy it while I'm fixing it a little and releasing the second version :p

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
actually, it feels like a perfect size right now. i don't think you need to worry about resizing at this point.

i would, however, like to know how you intend on "wrapping" the background.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Maybe using another model (from stage builder) or making some 'extended backgrounds' on the sides, so there's no black on the sides and I can make it a little smaller. I will see what to do later xD

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Oh, I didn't mention the exact point for the new horizontal centre earlier, but it's 34 for Hyrule Castle 64 (if you used the right side limits I posted earlier). I set that as the X value for Ice Climber/Lucario/Olimar's FS points, and the same thing for CamCenter (or whatever that point was called).
33,403 if you get the borders of the stage, indeed

But there's a problem with that. If you place X=34 as the point where olimar falls, it will fall just over the top platform, not hitting anyone (if I'm not wrong)

So I guess I will be setting it to X=-15 or so. Anyway, it's still a good place for lucario.

I'll be looking for your other values, thanks for making me have things easier :p

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Maybe using another model (from stage builder) or making some 'extended backgrounds' on the sides, so there's no black on the sides and I can make it a little smaller. I will see what to do later xD
STGPIRATES has a model (the one that has the big cyllinder of clouds (StgPirates00U)) that you might be able to use. you'd have to remove the water and stuff though

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
LMFAO you should upload that to BV. Also, here are some comments from some of the people in the B- skype chat. I'm definitely going to put this as an alt stage.

[6/13/10 7:54:57 PM] isaac52: ...
[6/13/10 7:54:58 PM] isaac52: best
[6/13/10 7:54:59 PM] isaac52: bf
[6/13/10 7:55:00 PM] isaac52: ever
[6/13/10 7:55:01 PM] shower: so much win

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm having a hard time deciding between that awesome Battlefield and Castle Battlefield, which looks like this:

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Wish I knew how to use those codes, Mewtwo, but I do not. I once tried to make a code, which looked fine (Even Dantarion took a look at it, and had it work by using a USB Gecko or something), but it never worked for me. If you could help me with making a code that makes it so you can press A for the first stage and Y for the second, for a few stages, then that would be really great.

Edit: Also, someone HAS to tell me what is this new "vertex hacking method" about. I can't find it anywhere, and I'd really like to edit Toon Link's hat.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a hard time deciding between that awesome Battlefield and Castle Battlefield, which looks like this:
*image*
or, like i do, use the alternative stage loader

also bigshark, why havnt u uploaded ronald mcfalcon??

one more thing, i beg you to help me.
BYTECOUN: This is equal to 10 multiplied by the amount of alternate files you wish to have active. For example, if you wanted to have 5 alternate files, this would take the value 00000050. For more than 9 changes, it is important to remember to count in hex. E.g. 80, 90, A0, B0... F0, 100.

i have 21 changes, what whould that be?

EDIT:
ill help u get started
Code:
46000010 00000000
44000000 005A7D00
6620LLLL 00000000
42415454 02020000
00000DED FADEDEAD
E0000000 80008000
^thats about as far as i can helpyou with since i dont know how to use it real well. :(
EDIT2: the new method is in kcmm

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Wish I knew how to use those codes, Mewtwo, but I do not. I once tried to make a code, which looked fine (Even Dantarion took a look at it, and had it work by using a USB Gecko or something), but it never worked for me. If you could help me with making a code that makes it so you can press A for the first stage and Y for the second, for a few stages, then that would be really great.

Edit: Also, someone HAS to tell me what is this new "vertex hacking method" about. I can't find it anywhere, and I'd really like to edit Toon Link's hat.
By combining I meant having castle battlefield with snow and ice falcons xD

Anyway, if you want to, try making a code again, for only one stage, and post it here so we can take it a look if it still doesnt work for you :p

Dantarion's code is awesome and the only thing that could be make it fail is having other codes interfering ^^U

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
21 in hex would be 00000150.

As for that "new method", everyone keeps saying it's on KC:MM. Where the heck, exactly? XD.

And isn't there a new method for stages that adds stages to your roster?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

There's a code that does something like that not sure i'll have to dig through my codes archive once i get my labtop back from my brother

I heard you liek vertexz

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Ooookay, I'm not the mood to learn all of that. Pretty tired. o_o

Altough everytime I say that towards something, it ends up being easy. Just too much text and things to do, I won't do that now, lol.

Edit: No problem, hero1771.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lol..

So, basically, you get vertices from a character and put them on another one? Or, you can also actually SEE the model while changing vertices?

If so..that gives me an idea..

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
See if there's a bone that controls the background and scale it to 0
Thanks, I found a bone that when scaled to 0 completely removes the bridge. Now, time to drop the castle into the river...

Edit: Ugh, BrawlBox said the bridge was gone and yet... /sadface. I'm at a loss at what to do, never having edited a stage like this before. Moving the bridge underwater sure helped. Have to get rid of the shadows showing up where the bridge was though...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What kind of tutorial would you even need? Just take the models and move them around. It's all basic Brawlbox functionality.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Because I also seem to fail at linking images directly.

Still have some problems though, you can still see the shadows from where the bridge was in the pic. The background is much brighter than it's supposed to be, and I'll need to adjust the shadows of the castle to look like the sun is actually shining from behind it.
ok, 1) the shadows in the background aren't that big of a deal

2), you need to import the scenedata from BoE to make the background look right.

3) you'll need to find out from mewtwo how he did the shadows (assuming that adjusting the scenedata doesn't fix it).

edit: as far as making 3d stages go, you just need to play around with the program. an important aspect to understand is that you need an animation to make your changes show up in game. other than that, making basic stages is pretty easy. changing the textures accepted by models requires changes to be done to the materials1 and textures folders in the model (in bbox).

i just gave you how to make changes show up in game as well as the ability to add your own textures.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The shadows in the castle are just textures. BigsharkZ knows that, because he made them too. You just have to get the texture, remove the shadow by copying non-shadow parts from it and figure out where and how the new shadows have to be.

As FrozenHobo said, I recommend importing oldin's scenedata for that port.

PS: Mmmm.... I'm feeling as if my stuffz were the base for many stages right now xD

EDIT: I've updated Hyrule Castle 64 with some minor fixes. You should re-download and test xD

- Finished the main tower
- Changed background model
- Added shadow to the green platform to the right
- Changed the way the front part of that green platform is done so it's not 2-color anymore
- Camera/final smash fixes

There are still some things to do, but these are the ones I've made for now

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lol, doing the shadow wasn't really hard. I have a trick where you draw lines around the shadow, copy these lines in a new layer, select the part that is inside of the lines, copy it to the texture, use the magic wand to 100% and un-click it so it chooses everything else beside it, then you copy it. After that, paste, and do the same thing, so it chooses the part where the shadow should be, then just change the lighting. :D

Also, that means I have to re-do my version of yours. =o

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Is there a way to edit the stage limits? death lines, boundaries, etc.
Em... sure... o.o

Just edit the camlimit and death bones in stgposition (modeldata[100])

@BSZ

There's not much to change anyway, so don't worry xD

There's a new texture and I've changed two more textures to fit the new models. You could need expanding a little your background for this. Just test xD

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm an idiot, I forgot that the lighting from some other stage was being used.

Edit: Wow... Using Eldin's lighting turns the castle's wall textures white. wtf.

Edit 2: More progress, moved the entire background down a bit so it looks better. Still at a total loss at what to do with the shadows. I tried moving the castle up but it didn't go up like BrawlBox said. That would have got rid of the shadow problem too... bleh. There's this NShadow bone in the Eldin bg model but no matter what I do with it nothing happens. I tried deleting it and that moved everything around...

Edit 3: Eww, the Sun's "glow" shines right through the castle (and everything else apparently). Luckily it's in it's own model by itself so I don't have to use it, just sucks that I can't use it.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I started messing around. But that's not something I'll learn any soon by myself.

Imagine if people like Isaac Newton kept for themselves the things they found out.
That would make many other people have to discover the same things themselves, and if they do the same, it will happen all over again.

But, even not knowing ANYTHING about how to mess with animations and stuff, I'll go for it.
Cool tips, FrozenHobo. And about WackaAlpaca's tutorial, I'll watch it and see what can I do.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
There's nothing to descover about animations, it's only see what they do in the model previewer O.o

Do you want some animation tips?

1- Only one animation by modeldata (the second one will do nothing)
2- If using modeldata[1], as the first model a model that you're not supposed to move/resize, because the animation for the first one is not working properly. I usually use an invisible/bone only model.
3- If you want to make the animation loop, unknown2=1

These are the basics. Also, take care about abrupt changes in a model if you're moving it (not only placing), because the interpolation could make the model act weird.

Top Bottom