• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule castle = :D mewtwo 2000 you rock just one thing no whirl winds ): other then that :D :D

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Actually BSZ you know what would be cool? Using the Bridge of Eldin bg w/o the castle for the HD Hyrule Castle 64 (there's a BoE on BrawlVault w/o the castle). Maybe even combine it with the daytime BoE.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, I want it to be similar to the original. :p

I'll show a picture once I finish a few more textures.

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
1. Make sure the texture is the same format as where you got it.
2. Try this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9329.0
I assume in #2 you were referring to the texture problem, not the freezing one, right? If so, I already had all of my textures as RGB565 and RGB5A3's, and neither of those are paletted.

And what do you mean by the same format as where I got it? I got the textures from Google Images. O_O

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
BSZ, i'm going to get my roommate to draw up a background for the building stage (he's the same guy that did the background for the bomberman stage). i may contact you about making/fixing up the signs when i get them done.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright. I can draw as well, so if you have any request, tell me, and I'll see what I can do.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
@Mewtwo_2000:

The boundary on the right side of your Hyrule Castle 64 is much closer to the stage than on the left side. The castle itself seems to be the right size though, after jumping around it. Maybe make the bottom boundary a little lower too... idk. Excellent job on this stage, as always.

Edit: Set the X value of CamLimit1N to 278, and X Value of Dead1N to 328 to make the distance about the same as on the other side. Also, the top point of the farthest right wall is slightly off on the X value compared to the bottom point, and the connecting ground part. It should be 192.1865 (I'm using BrawlWall for this btw...) I'm just giving you the numbers so you don't have to do more work. ;p Oh and maybe lower the CamLimit and Dead by 20 or something (tested, lowering the lower limits by 20 works out perfectly)... looks to be better but haven't tested that one yet.

Edit 2: Crap, I think some of the final smash points need to be moved sideways to compensate for the extra side length now so they're still in the centre...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
3 more textures and I'm done! :p

Edit: Alright, I'm done, and I used the values you gave, Hozu. I'll give you the results.

Edit: Looks awesome, here's how it looks like.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Diggin' the background.

and is there a guide somewhere to edit lighting?
Thanks, and, I'm not sure, but I think there is a program that can do it for you. You should ask Mewtwo, or look at his latest posts here, because I remember him talking about it. Or, was it on KC-MM or ESH? I don't really know, sorry.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Got bored and started messing around with items and I found out that importing the item generator thing from Temple changed the crates from space crates to wooden... yay.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Got bored and started messing around with items and I found out that importing the item generator thing from Temple changed the crates from space crates to wooden... yay.
Hey, that's a good idea. I don't think anyone bothered to alter those in their custom stages before.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just tried out Castle. It's friggin' awesome. Few complaints:
The background is too.. Large? Close up? It's more blown-up than the original, and looks a bit more like a random-colored canvas as a result.

The stage is indeed too big. About 10%?

And finally, take a look:

You're missing the little flaps on the right green piece. :p Oh, and the top half of it is colored differently than the bottom.

Edit: Oh, and the camera limit is extremely close to the right hand side.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Looks just like the original, Mewtwo.

Well, I used to be a known sprite artist back in the days; I was working for 10/15 games on a service called BYOND. Also, I'm done with it:

Is that alright? I wanted to see if I could literally do it in 2 minutes, and I did it. XD

I can make it better if you want to.

I noticed something. Let me fix it up.
Really? I used to work on Byond, too. Game was never completed, but it was going to be incredible; had the best people in the community working on it. So sad...:(

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I imported the ItmMelee###Gen from Temple and the crates/barrels changed from spaceish to wooden. I also moved around the item spawn points. I followed the way item spawn points were in other levels though, Item#N was always to the left of Item#E, and they had the same Y value. Obviously, Item0N can have a different Y value and be to the right of Item 1E though. I'm not sure what happens if you do the item spawn points differently...

Oh, I didn't mention the exact point for the new horizontal centre earlier, but it's 34 for Hyrule Castle 64 (if you used the right side limits I posted earlier). I set that as the X value for Ice Climber/Lucario/Olimar's FS points, and the same thing for CamCenter (or whatever that point was called).

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
He made stages able to load using different .rels, not no .rel at all. There's a difference.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Why is it that now it says that I suddenly have 1499 code lines? It won't let me test out anything because it's loading normal Brawl... what do I do to elimate code lines to 400? I made a few mistakes in Brawlbox here and there, but I deleted them.
Sorry I know this is kinda off topic. Fine then why can't I test out my first stage?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... I forgot you can't delete polygons, so using the Bridge of Eldin bg is impossible because the bridge is part of the background... Lame.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Why is it that now it says that I suddenly have 1499 code lines? It won't let me test out anything because it's loading normal Brawl... what do I do to elimate code lines to 400? I made a few mistakes in Brawlbox here and there, but I deleted them.
Sorry I know this is kinda off topic. Fine then why can't I test out my first stage?
Use gameconfig.txt to eliminate the line limit. Search around for it.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
No actually he has made stages that were able to load into multiple different stages, for example, hyrule castle can load in FD, WWR, and Bridge of Eldin.
To end this little debate you just all the number of modeldatas that the original stage has kinda like you make WWR compatible with FD

Ugh... I forgot you can't delete polygons, so using the Bridge of Eldin bg is impossible because the bridge is part of the background... Lame.
See if there's a bone that controls the background and scale it to 0

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Nice Ice Sculptures.
I like the fact that even though this thread is active, it's easy to catch up on.

It seems the only stage part I can consistently vertex hack without errors is the block. >_<

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Just tried out Castle. It's friggin' awesome. Few complaints:
The background is too.. Large? Close up? It's more blown-up than the original, and looks a bit more like a random-colored canvas as a result.

The stage is indeed too big. About 10%?

And finally, take a look:
You're missing the little flaps on the right green piece. :p Oh, and the top half of it is colored differently than the bottom.

Edit: Oh, and the camera limit is extremely close to the right hand side.
Well, that's why I made my own version, which also has fixed cameras. You should take a look at it.

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
I'd like to make a stage suggestion if that's cool. You can take it or leave it, I just thought these would be interesting and I don't have the capability of doing them myself.

A.) A starfox stage, put Andross assist trophy in the background - That'd be cool

B.) Pirate ship, modify it and put the Boo's from luigi's mansion on it, so its a haunted ghost ship. Rain effect and give it a kinda scary ambiance

C.) Golden Sun Mercury Lighthouse

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
To end this little debate you just all the number of modeldatas that the original stage has kinda like you make WWR compatible with FD

See if there's a bone that controls the background and scale it to 0
Either that or just move the whole stage except for the bridge part down using bones

Top Bottom