• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Better Pic and lighting.

How do you attach collision to a model like the starship over there?
open collision data below the list of models theres this
model ______________ [+]
Bone _______________[-]

click the plus and then click the model you want to attach collision data to

but
n00b question how do you add collision data file?

Mit

Smash Ace
I was going to say Saffron's boundaries looked too large.

Then I looked it up, and now I'm glad you didn't make the boundaries as enormous as they were in Smash64, lulz.

Also, after comparing the platforms they look fine. They actually move through the air a little bit slower in Mewtwo's stage, but they seem to stay in place for about a second shorter than the N64 version.

The slower movement seems to make up for this though. It's easily close enough. Can't wait :)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

Mit

Smash Ace
Aww, no Pokemon Stadium 1/2 replacement support? :( I wanted to throw it over Pokemon Stadium 2 so I could use all of its awesome music.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You can, with a rel file.

I made small tests with pokemon stadium 1, and worked, but froze some seconds later.

I will make it compatible when I get some time.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, back from my PS3/Eating/Sleeping break, I'll now continue working on my stages.

Stage list:

Dracula's Castle (Throne Room) (I need a good name) - 95% finished

To do:

- Fix the collisions.
- Scale everything so it's smaller (Is way too big at the moment),.
- Find why a part of the throne is not showing.

Starship Mario - 50% finished

To do:

-Add pink clouds for the chimney and animate them (Done, just not showing in-game for some reason).
-Reduce the number of starbits shown, in both the background and front of the stage.
-Rotate Mario’s head so it faces left instead of front.
-Create the Toad Brigrade ship by using Toad’s head as a base.
-Change the portals to planets or items from the game (Again, I need help finding pictures, I already got some artwork of enemies and items).

Stone Tower Temple - 60% finished

To do:

-Add 3 more platforms at the bottom, they're just there for show, though.
-Add fog to the bottom of the stage (Still need to know how to make the fog be at the bottom only, if not possible, I'll make it less thick and be everywhere).
-Add the hookshot pillars.
-Add a dead tree, blocks, and mountains in the background.
-Import the moon model I created on Metaknight, and animate it so it shakes from time to time.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Is that the climbing race to the finish from Melee?

Also, do you still get the different music when you use .rel files?
1) its frigate with a waterfall background... kinda thought that was obvious....

2) music is for the stage being selected. i.e. if you put a fd -> ps2 rel in, and rename the fd stage to stgdxstadium, it will load up when you select ps1 and use ps1 music.

Mit

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong stage made me think it could be intended to be a climbing level (replace frickin everything in the whole stage and viola maybe), and somehow, the top of that image is just like the end of the climbing race to the finish.

Figured he'd add more, replace the background, and good to go.

EDIT: Escape from Brinstar*. Although now that I re-watched it, I'm just remembering it wrong.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not Working >_<.
Even though I put it in it's own collision object and attached it, I'm not getting ANY collisions whatsoever in game from the starship.

You can't add .coll files so you'll just have to make do with replacing one or find a different stage to do.

Matteron

Smash Ace
You can make new collision files if you have at least one .coll in your stage, simply preview the .coll and right click in the box that lists the collision objects and click new object.
-----------------------
Preview of my new Airman stage:

Also, I need some ideas of what the top of the blocks should look like, currently they are black.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh. Maybe that's what he was talking about. I thought he meant another .coll file.

I did that and still no collision whatsoever from the starship.

I would make them match the color of the object below the top.

I'm just gonna focus on sprucing up Crateria.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
-Add fog to the bottom of the stage (Still need to know how to make the fog be at the bottom only, if not possible, I'll make it less thick and be everywhere).
In another game that I was part of the modding community for a while, people sometimes made transparent blocks with darker and darker lighting and stacked them at the bottom of a death pit, and it produced this sort of foggy/gradient thing at the bottom of the pit. Maybe you could do something like that with transparency?

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
1) its frigate with a waterfall background... kinda thought that was obvious....
I wouldn't even call it that, its a bunch of random stage parts I decided to give a story line and make a stage out of it. You'll see when I release.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I wouldn't even call it that, its a bunch of random stage parts I decided to give a story line and make a stage out of it. You'll see when I release.
Btw about your smashville raind and snow versions, they seem to desynch after a certaint amount of time, at around 3 minute on the timer. Before that they work fine with no desynch.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Btw about your smashville raind and snow versions, they seem to desynch after a certaint amount of time, at around 3 minute on the timer. Before that they work fine with no desynch.
yeah someone else told me that I've had a warning up in the brawlvault and am working on a fix, would you mind testing one for me?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
You can make new collision files if you have at least one .coll in your stage, simply preview the .coll and right click in the box that lists the collision objects and click new object.
-----------------------
Preview of my new Airman stage:

Also, I need some ideas of what the top of the blocks should look like, currently they are black.
make Planet Zebes 64 !

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Aren't you finishing that amazing melee final destination you were making? O.o

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Hey guys, could anyone link me to that recolored FD texture with the Castle Siege background?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Hi again xD

I posted this pic some time ago:

Project Facility. Indeed, a 2D background and Ness.

Now I'm posting this one:

Snake under a box, Wolverine... And Facility progress xD

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
yeah someone else told me that I've had a warning up in the brawlvault and am working on a fix, would you mind testing one for me?
No problem ^^
I would love to help, I really like the texture.

highfive

Smash Lord
Question: I've been messing around with a 2D stage. I've gotten all the collision data right but the stage itself looks like crap. It's pixelated and the colors don't run smoothly. Anyone know why?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Hi again xD

I posted this pic some time ago:

Project Facility. Indeed, a 2D background and Ness.

Now I'm posting this one:

Snake under a box, Wolverine... And Facility progress xD
Whoa. Keep up the good work!

@highfive

You can swap the texture of the pic for a higher resution texture.

I mean, if it's 256x256 you can import a 1024x1024

Well, actually... I think you can, because it worked on one of my stages but I'm working on it only on Brawlbox, so I'm not sure if it would work in-game.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Question: I've been messing around with a 2D stage. I've gotten all the collision data right but the stage itself looks like crap. It's pixelated and the colors don't run smoothly. Anyone know why?
Find materials1 inside the model with that pixelated texture, open everything, and change the unknown8 and unknown9 values from 0 to 1. That should smooth the texture, and the stage.

Top Bottom