• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Find materials1 inside the model with that pixelated texture, open everything, and change the unknown8 and unknown9 values from 0 to 1. That should smooth the texture, and the stage.
Somewhere I wonder how you now all that o.o

Smash Cadet
is any one working on the other areas of Wuhu Island

ps i need some tips on placeing other models on a stage

Fen__

Smash Ace
Good work to both of you, GameWatching and Mewtwo2000. Both stages look really nice.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, guys, Starship Mario is about 80% done. :p

I still need someone to help me find images of planets (Not a part of it, but I want to see the whole planet, and it can be from both the first or second game). It would be even more awesome if someone had a picture of Rosalina's ship

SPOILERS

(It can be seen in the end of SMG2, but you don't see it fully).

I also need to add the Toad Brigade ships (On each side) and give them collisions. I'll make them levitate, but I forgot how to assign collisions to a moving object. May someone please remind me about it? Last time I did it, it was when I had first started Termina Field. Talking about Termina Field, I plan on revamping it by using a Tales of Symphonia background, retexture it, fix the Moon and make it shake.

Lastly, I need to add clouds to the chimney, but that's not really important for now.

I'm also surprised no one commented on my epic signature. :p

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Slippy: "Wrong Wolf, Fox!!!"

Does anyone know of a stage from the game that uses a "half bubble"-like sky?

Kinda like this:

......---------------
..../..................\
../......................\
/..........................\

This ain't that well made, but I think you get the idea.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lol. Doggie fight. =D

Also, anyone knows what makes it so the water in the Pirate Ship stage can be swimmable? I need it for another stage I'll make once I finish these.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
is any one working on the other areas of Wuhu Island

ps i need some tips on placeing other models on a stage
I got the sword fighting arena working and i'm soon going to test the hotel at the golf course, but i can't get the whole island to work. If somebody could figure out how to get the whole island in the game I'd appreciate it.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Got a small problem here..I removed the polygons of a model that was supposed to be showing in the stage, but in-game, it would lag a lot, and the models would not be there. So, I just used the original models without removed polygons, and this time, there was no lag, but the two models weren't scaled and their textures didn't show up.

Also, ever since I did that, the smoke model that would not show is now there, with the same texture problems..

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
How did you remove them? Through the SSBB Polygon Deleter and it's method?
If so, you may need to use another method.
KC-MM has found out that reverting the vertices of the set/ polygon to 0 is equally effective and less risky.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0TdDquju5s

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
No, I'm doing it in hex, in an easier way that Stickman discovered. Normally, when you remove polygons to a model that is applied on a stage, it should not have problems. Besides, I've done it before a few times. What do you mean by "reverting the vertices" ? What do I change to 0, exactly? The data inside the vertices I don't need, in hex? If that's the case, I'll give it a try. Also, you should know that I hate such videos, I prefer when it's plain text. :p

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Hey Mewtwo2000, how would you say it's the Facility going? 50%? 60%?

I'm looking forward to it.

Also, I played Saffron and it's awesome. And I though of doing the Stadium Prime Cup but I saw it's a project of yours! Can't wait!! :bee:
Pokémon Series is lacking in Epic stages.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I still can't get it to work. Now, the models still didn't move, and they're not using the head the texture. However, the skin texture is used all over on the body.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
No, I'm doing it in hex, in an easier way that Stickman discovered. Normally, when you remove polygons to a model that is applied on a stage, it should not have problems. Besides, I've done it before a few times. What do you mean by "reverting the vertices" ? What do I change to 0, exactly? The data inside the vertices I don't need, in hex? If that's the case, I'll give it a try. Also, you should know that I hate such videos, I prefer when it's plain text. :p
off topic but why did you get rid of your epic signature :(

Fen__

Smash Ace
off topic but why did you get rid of your epic signature :(
If you know it's off topic, then don't post it. There is a PM system, you know. Also, if you look higher up on the page, has a signature. If you're referring to a lack of signature in his first post, I think it just shows signatures once per page.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Lol. Doggie fight. =D

Also, anyone knows what makes it so the water in the Pirate Ship stage can be swimmable? I need it for another stage I'll make once I finish these.
I think it's hardcoded. More likely though is that it might be somewhere in the module files too but it hasn't been discovered yet.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
If you know it's off topic, then don't post it. There is a PM system, you know. Also, if you look higher up on the page, has a signature. If you're referring to a lack of signature in his first post, I think it just shows signatures once per page.
Actually, it's the user who chooses if he's gonna show his signature or not in a determinate post.

In fact, my signature can be seen more than once on this very page...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I just randomly change my signature from time to time. And when I do a quick reply, it does not show up, as Matteron said. However, I can edit my message to show it up, but I don't always do it.

Back to the main topic, TommoPuppy, I forgot to thank you for your fog suggestion. I'll give it a try once I finish Starship Mario. As for the water, I had another idea. I'll just make my stage based on the Pirate Ship stage itself. I believe someone removed the tornado and effects used in the stage, so if anyone could help me find it (I'll look up on Brawl Vault), I would be thankful, as it would save me some work.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Quick replies CAN show signature... just look at the options box between where you type and the "post quick reply" button

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
I hope i'm not interrupting anything...

Wii Sports Resort Golf Hotel: http://www.mediafire.com/?mozmmj4dt3m

I animated the plane so that it flies over by the stage occasionally.

I've just been screwing around with models I find in WSR.
I think the reason why WuHu Island may not have worked was because it had way to many polygons but that's just a theory.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you submit it to BrawlVault?

More people would check your stage out (as I will now).
I do, but for stage hacks I like to put it on here first, then make a video of it so people who check on BrawlVault see what it's like.

Next I'll make the sword fight arena. Also if I ever get WuHu Island to work, I was thinking of making a stage where you fight on the blimp and it flies around the island.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
What's with that stupid-looking giant golf club and ball? Looks out of place.

Also, anyone knows why my two models are messed up?

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
When the magical stage making skills of multiple talented Stage Artists combined, you get a VERY epic stage

BATTLESCAPE

BATTLESCAPE (No Platforms)

CREDITS TO:
- Mewtwo2000 (Alot)
- BeyondYOu (Polygon Deletion)
- Mr. Chuy (Help with the Beta)
- GameDominator06 (Rotated scaled model)

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
What's with that stupid-looking giant golf club and ball? Looks out of place.

Also, anyone knows why my two models are messed up?
the golf ball and golf club are attatched the the hotel, that's just how it is in Wii Sports Resort, and even if I wanted to remove it I couldn't because they're all part of the same polygon (excluding the golf club's handle).

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
I hope i'm not interrupting anything...

Wii Sports Resort Golf Hotel: http://www.mediafire.com/?mozmmj4dt3m

I animated the plane so that it flies over by the stage occasionally.

I've just been screwing around with models I find in WSR.
I think the reason why WuHu Island may not have worked was because it had way to many polygons but that's just a theory.
Looks good mate ^^

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
The railing. I don't the coloring and the bottom of it very much. Also, Olimario1892, you could vertex hack it to remove it.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
do the collisions then i release.

THEN I LL DO KONGO 64
and maybe FD
Kongo 64 is my next together with Peach's and Facility ._.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6320

Are you sure you want to make them too? I'm not changing my mind whatever you do ^^U

EDIT: Also, good news for you guys. I've fixed gamewatching's stage problems and it's almost ready to go now. So expect a release from him pretty soon xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Where did you get that Metal Mario? I could make it myself but I don't feel like extracting the textures. Mastaklo never released his either.

Also:

Welcome, -BigSharkZ-.
You last visited: Today at 02:58 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 70.
Your PM box is 100% full.
[Log Out]

My PM box is 100% full, ONCE AGAIN. It's been what, the 6th time in this month? o_o

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You have to clean up periodically xD

I don't remember where I got the metal mario from, but it's one of the marios in my game right now, and it looks exactly as the original mario 64 one =P

I'm sure google will tell us where's it from xD

EDIT: And the winner is... Mastaklo, in ESH O.o

I got it from your page, didn't you know that it was released? O.o

I edited the eyes anyway, but apparently, mastaklo was going to do so, or at least that's what he says in the ESH post O.o

http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2009/07/09/super-mario-64/

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks for telling me, but I had recently looked at the post and didn't find a download..

Well, just looked now, and I can't find it. Even looked at his downloads. Where did you get it? o_o

Also, how do you edit the eyes? I never really made emerald textures except for Game & Watch.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I guess it's in his mediafire, together with the mario 64 mario.

Eye editing is simple. The eyes take the eyeiris alpha instead the texture, so if you have a transparent eye, the emerald eye is black

If I'm not wrong xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks. Also, do you know why the two models I added to my Starship stage don't want to be translated? They stay inside Mario's head, instead of being on each sides, scaled. Also, only one texture is showing, and it goes on all the body.

Top Bottom