• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
-snipped post about a Paper Mario based stage-
This post has earned all of my yes. All of it. Maybe it's my current obsession over PM that's talking, but this must be a thing. Paper Mario is the source of a lot of my nostalgia.

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The Mario RPG series in general needs more respect from Smash. The most Paper Mario ever got was a trophy, and Mario&Luigi only ever got a sticker. I'd personally be game for a TTYD or SPM stage.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
New stage concepts I'd like to see:

Gravity Sphere: a circular(ish) stage with gravity towards the stage, regardless of which way up you are.
Possible Examples: Starship Mario, MM's Moon Garden.

Endless Void: an endless stage that scales and zooms to accomodate the players with a minimum size to avoid issues. There would be a constant pull on all players towards eachother, with its strength varying based on distance to avoid infinite runnaways and to limit the maximum zoom. No walls or ledges.
Possible Examples: Subspace, F-Zero's Outerworld.

Aqualedge: a stage type in which ledges are replaced by floating water. Gotta make use of that swimming ability.
Possible Examples: Perfect Chaos (maybe an extreme case), can't think of more.

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Here's a DK stage idea. This was made by me.

[COLLAPSE="A personal favorite of mine in Donkey Kong Country."]

Tree Top Town

Gimmicks:

1. The barrel cannon to the right can shoot the player at their own will. But if the player stays in for 5 seconds, they will be automatically shot back to the battlefield. The barrel cannon will move to the top canopy all the way down to the underside of the battlefield, so time your shot carefully.

2. The barrel cannon on the left stays in one spot. It will either shoot you to the top canopy, or the main area.

3. Sometimes Kremlings will exit the canopies, holding TNT barrels. They set the barrels on the battlefield and it destroys the treetop you fight on. All fighters will then fly from the explosion, all the way to another treetop in the background simultaneously. You will take no damage, but your character will tumble during mid-flight. When you make it to the next treetop, you're either on your back or on your face.

Music:

1. Donkey Kong Country- Tree Top Town (Sounds like the original, but with some background arrangements.)

2. Donkey Kong 64- Beetle Race 2 (It has to be different since Rare has been bought by another 1st party company...)

3. Diddy Kong Racing- Jungle Falls (I want it to be the original!)

4. Donkey Kong Country- Vulture Culture (Original with percussion arrangements.)

Hope you enjoy!!!
[/COLLAPSE]

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I just want this area from xenoblade to be a stage >.>

song ideas include
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCclUgQk1Lk Mechanical rythem -Xenoblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DE5zyRI6U&feature=relmfu Unifinshed battle -Xenoblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9xe39zWLY&feature=related You will know our names -Xenoblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQw3QRYncWQ&feature=relmfu Gaur Plains -Xenoblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nF2U_IDdc4&feature=related Invitation to madness -Last story

I was trying to think of a song from pandora's tower that fit to have all project rainfall game songs in it, but I couldn't find any really fitting songs...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd love to see Liberty Garden from Black and White as a stage. With Liberty Tower in the back. It'd be even awesomer if... Victini was playable. :awesome:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I just want this area from xenoblade to be a stage >.>

song ideas include
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCclUgQk1Lk Mechanical rythem -Xenoblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DE5zyRI6U&feature=relmfu Unifinshed battle -Xenoblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K9xe39zWLY&feature=related You will know our names -Xenoblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQw3QRYncWQ&feature=relmfu Gaur Plains -Xenoblade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nF2U_IDdc4&feature=related Invitation to madness -Last story

I was trying to think of a song from pandora's tower that fit to have all project rainfall game songs in it, but I couldn't find any really fitting songs...
I was always more partial to Eyrth Sea. Since it's on the head of the bionis, it give you a better view of the Mechonis and that your on top of a god.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
I only really want:
Rainbow Road
Skyloft (or any SS based stage)
Stages from all installments coming back (please GCN Fourside, N64 Peach Castle and WII Dragon Roost Island)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Eryth Sea

Eryth Sea is a great ocean on the head of the Bionis. This is the place Shulk saw in a vision and becomes a turning point in the story. It boast not only a view of the Bionis, but Prison Island and Alcamoth, the High Entia capital city. You really get a sense that you are on a god in this stage

You fight a top a hovering reef. The green is the reef. The blue platforms are made by the High Entia. The ones with a red dot are transporters and can move you from the main reef to a smaller one on the side. It may be best to try and control the small one in a stock match. To teleporter, just stand under the dot. While this is an ocean, there is no swimming. Your so high up that you'll fall into the blast zone first. As the battle rages on, you'll see the time change from day to night. You can even see shooting stars!

Music
Engage the Enemy
Eryth Sea (likely more upbeat in the main game)
Unfinished Battle
Beyond the Sky (ending theme)
Gaur Plains

Diversity

Smash Rookie
If any stage is going to be brought back from Smash 64, it needs to be Hyrule 64.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I totally forgot about the Eryth sea, that'd make for a great stage too!
I really hope we get some Xenoblade representation in Sm4sh.

Diversity

Smash Rookie
There should be a map in zants thrown room with him shooting things at you.
Totally agree... minus Zant throwing things at you. Stage hazards should definitely be an option that can be turned on or off in the next Smash game.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
A map on sauria from fox adventures would be cool with general scales in the backround on his ship.

And a map somewhere on space pirates homeworld where the commander would summon space pirates to attack every once in a while.

Rodough

Smash Rookie
I actually think a lot of the stages from the previous games will come back (at least I hope so)

Melee:

1. Mushroom Kingdom I
2. Mushroom Kingdom II
3. Yoshi's Island
4. Hyrule Temple
5. Brinstar Depths
6. Green Greens
7. Peach's Castle
8. Fourside
9. Onett
10. Poke Floats
11. Big Blue
12. Kongo Jungle

Brawl:
1. Norfair
2. New Pork City
3. Castle Siege
4. 75 M
5. Mario Bros
6. Delfino Plaza
7. Luigi's Mansion
8. Halberd
9. Lylat Cruise
10. Bridge of Eldin
11. Skyworld
12. Green Hill Zone

I expect 50 stages for SSB4. So 26 new stages, including:
1. New Battlefield
2. New Final Destination
3. Flat Zone 3
4. Pokemon Stadium 3
5. Wario Ware Inc. 2
6. Bowser's Castle
7. New Fire Emblem
8. New Yoshi's Island
9. New Star Fox
10. New F-ZERO
11. New Zelda
12. New Pikimin
13. New DK

I guess you guys can fill in the rest for me.

And then there could be an additional number of stages with Stage Builder

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I actually think a lot of the stages from the previous games will come back (at least I hope so)

Melee:

1. Mushroom Kingdom I
2. Mushroom Kingdom II
3. Yoshi's Island
4. Hyrule Temple
5. Brinstar Depths
6. Green Greens
7. Peach's Castle
8. Fourside
9. Onett
10. Poke Floats
11. Big Blue
12. Kongo Jungle

Brawl:
1. Norfair
2. New Pork City
3. Castle Siege
4. 75 M
5. Mario Bros
6. Delfino Plaza
7. Luigi's Mansion
8. Halberd
9. Lylat Cruise
10. Bridge of Eldin
11. Skyworld
12. Green Hill Zone

I expect 50 stages for SSB4. So 26 new stages, including:
1. New Battlefield
2. New Final Destination
3. Flat Zone 3
4. Pokemon Stadium 3
5. Wario Ware Inc. 2
6. Bowser's Castle
7. New Fire Emblem
8. New Yoshi's Island
9. New Star Fox
10. New F-ZERO
11. New Zelda
12. New Pikimin
13. New DK

I guess you guys can fill in the rest for me.

And then there could be an additional number of stages with Stage Builder
No SSB64 stages? Dreamland, KJ64, Hyrule Castle, and maybe MK64. Though I'd rather a new Mushroom Kingdom that fused the 64 and Melee Mushroom Kingdoms.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Has there been a concept for a Starfy stage floating around? I would really like his stage to go underwater sometimes.

As for fire attacks, I like the idea of them not working. However there have been plenty of examples of fire & water not following the rules of physics in video games; Fire Mario underwater comes to mind. If it is weird seeing charizard underwater, put a bubble around his flamed tail.

I want to see Fountain of Dreams & Hyrule Temple 64 return; revamped of course.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Has there been a concept for a Starfy stage floating around? I would really like his stage to be go underwater sometimes.

As for fire attacks, I like the idea of them not working. However there have been plenty of examples of fire & water not following the rules of physics in video games; Fire Mario underwater comes to mind. If it is weird seeing charizard underwater, put a bubble around his flamed tail.

I want to see Fountain of Dreams & Hyrule Temple 64 return; revamped of course.

You're in luck sir. Starpheonix (one of the biggest contributors I know to smashboard's interpretation of smash 4. He is a user very much worthy of respect, imo) has created such a stage and from memory I believe it is partly underwater. I'll see if I can't digit up for you. ^^

Here it is. I'll also post a link to all his other stage ideas. They're definitely worthy of attention, especially here. :p

Starfy stage - Gluglug lagoon

And here's his general stage thread:

Starpheonix's stage idea thread

You might notice all his ideas are complete with a full soundtrack too. :D

Hope this satisfies Mel. ^^

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Eh, why not? Personal stage roster for SSB4. It's incomplete to me, but it'll work for now. Thanks to Star and --- for stages for the roster.

Spoilers
= Indicates unlockable stage

Super Smash Bros.
  1. Battlefield
  2. Final Destination
  3. Nintendo
    (Star's idea)

Super Mario
  1. Galaxy Cruise
  2. Rainbow Road
  3. New Super Mario Land
  4. Luigi's New Mansion
  5. Bowser's Castle
  6. Peach's Castle (SSB64)
  7. Rainbow Cruise (SSBM)
  8. Mushroomy Kingdom (SSBB)

Donkey Kong
  1. Sunset Shore
  2. The Flying Kroc
  3. Kongo Jungle (SSBM)
  4. 75m (SSBB)

Wario
  1. WarioWare Inc. - 2!
  2. Kitchen Island

Yoshi
  1. Yoshi's Island (SSBM)
  2. Yoshi's Island (SSBB)

Legend of Zelda
  1. Skyloft
  2. Hyrule Castle (SSB64)
  3. Temple (SSBM)
  4. Pirate Ship (SSBB)

Metroid
  1. Geothermal Power Plant
  2. Skytown
  3. Brinstar (SSBM)
  4. Norfair (SSBB)

Kirby
  1. Cookie Country
  2. Fountain Gardens
  3. Fountain of Dreams (SSBM)
  4. Halberd (SSBB)

Star Fox
  1. Sector Z
  2. Corneria (SSBM)
  3. Lylat Cruise (SSBB)

Fire Emblem
  1. Midst of Battle
  2. Dragon's Altar
  3. Castle Siege (SSBB)

F-Zero
  1. Red Canyon
  2. Mute City (SSBM)

Kid Icarus
  1. Heavenly Flight
  2. Skyworld (SSBB)

Mother
  1. Saturn Valley / Cave of the Past
  2. Fourside (SSBM)

Pokemon
  1. Pokemon Colosseum
  2. N's Castle
  3. Poke Floats 2
  4. Saffron City (SSB64)
  5. Pokemon Stadium (SSBM)
  6. Spear Pillar (SSBB)

Pikmin
  • (Pikmin 3 Stage)
  • Distant Planet (SSBB)

Animal Crossing
  1. Smash City
  2. Smashville (SSBB)

Misc. Franchises
  1. Toad Town - Live! (Paper Mario)
  2. The Ring (Punch-Out!)
  3. Gluglug Lagoon (The Legendary Starfy)
  4. Gaur Plains (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  5. Hector's Labratory (Gyromite)
  6. WuHu Island (Mii, Pilotwings)
  7. Elemental Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
  8. Built to Scale (Rhythm Heaven)
  9. Tetris (Tetris, Puzzle League)
  10. Summit (SSBB)
  11. Flat Zone 2 (SSBB)

I chose the stages based on this roster of mine (re-posted for convenience):
[COLLAPSE=Roster]Starting Roster

Full Roster
[/COLLAPSE]

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I think that one of the floating areas above Euryth Sea would be a better stage than Gaur Plains.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
You're in luck sir. Starpheonix (one of the biggest contributors I know to smashboard's interpretation of smash 4. He is a user very much worthy of respect, imo) has created such a stage and from memory I believe it is partly underwater. I'll see if I can't digit up for you. ^^

Here it is. I'll also post a link to all his other stage ideas. They're definitely worthy of attention, especially here. :p

Starfy stage - Gluglug lagoon

And here's his general stage thread:

Starpheonix's stage idea thread

You might notice all his ideas are complete with a full soundtrack too. :D

Hope this satisfies Mel. ^^
Thank u so much. :D

Starpheonix is a stage guru.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Starpheonix is a stage guru.
Most of us (Strong) just call him a hippie. :smirk:

Inspired by one of the 2 actual games made for our Robotic Operating Buddy, it's the Laboratory.

Seeing as none of the phases would truly fit into Smash properly without causing a scene, this stage was made from the ground up giving it a new age retro feel to it.

Still overall it's a pretty simple stage. When fighting here the main gimmick are the 4 pipes that move up and down repeatedly at random. These pipes are each solid walls so each time they move they change the fabric of the stage entirely! Every 5-10 seconds at 2 of the same colored pipes open and close so if you or an opponent is caught on top of or under one prepare to be squished!

Of course in the background you'll see R.O.B.'s partner, Professor Hector moving about, serving as the signal for when the pipes move. The screen will flash a glowing green color and Hector will move into his waiting stance until the pipes have effectively rearranged the room. So you always expect a new stage every time you fight here!

Stage Example:

p = Pipe

___p_______pp_____________p__
xxxpxxxxxxxxxppxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
xxxpxxxx---xxppxx---xxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
xxxpxxxxxxx|xppx|xxxxxxxxxxxxxpxxx
___p_______pp_____________p___

Stage Name: Laboratory
Stage Icon: Gyro

Tracks:
Gyromite/Stack Up - Gyromite (Brawl)
Wrecking Crew - Main Phase
Joy Mech Fight - Medley
Famicom Medley (Brawl)
Famicom Sports Medley (Brawl Lost Tracks)
Pro Wrestling - Main Theme
StarTropics - Dungeon
Dr. Mario - Chill Theme (Brawl)
Dr. Mario RX Online - Cough Theme
Excitebike: World Rally - Track Editor
Mario Paint - Gnat Attack Boss
Pictobits - Ending Theme

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
One feature I've enjoyed in brawl was the secrets within each stage for example shadow mosses island and the star fox stages like if snake, wolf,fox,or Falco were to taunt in their respective stages you could get a little secret it's a shame this idea wasnt expanded upon. Also a paper Mario and Mario party stage would be cool.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
One feature I've enjoyed in brawl was the secrets within each stage for example shadow mosses island and the star fox stages like if snake, wolf,fox,or Falco were to taunt in their respective stages you could get a little secret it's a shame this idea wasnt expanded upon. Also a paper Mario and Mario party stage would be cool.
I really enjoyed that. My brother and I experimented with most characters but I don't think we got everyone on snake's codec. Wish there was an archive of those discussions somewhere.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No problem. But speaking of Codecs, which stages do you guys think they can work on? I'd imagine if Shadow Moses Island returns, Snake's old codecs would be intact.

As for new stages, The Ring could work for Little Mac/Doc Louis "codecs," while an Uprising stage can work for Pit. Just some stage codec ideas.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I mentioned a 3D, ring-like stage months ago...

O
Take this circle for example. This circle is the camera looking down. But the camera will be looking...
__
Straight forward, looking at the land and the fight. The Camera follows all fighters, and if one walks too far, they'll just walk to the "Danger Zone" of the stage. But if all the characters move around together as they fight, they'll see the background move as they fight.

I dunno if I explained that well, but thoughts if you get what I'm saying by a "3D Ring Stage"?

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I mentioned a 3D, ring-like stage months ago...

O
Take this circle for example. This circle is the camera looking down. But the camera will be looking...
__
Straight forward, looking at the land and the fight. The Camera follows all fighters, and if one walks too far, they'll just walk to the "Danger Zone" of the stage. But if all the characters move around together as they fight, they'll see the background move as they fight.

I dunno if I explained that well, but thoughts if you get what I'm saying by a "3D Ring Stage"?
Hmm i think i get what your goin at
but the only level that has an effect like that? Is like the winding tower from kirby's dreamland?
Or were you thinkn something like that ice donut where you chase penguins down in super mario galaxy o_0??

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hmm i think i get what your goin at
but the only level that has an effect like that? Is like the winding tower from kirby's dreamland?
Or were you thinkn something like that ice donut where you chase penguins down in super mario galaxy o_0??

Hmm... say you're running on a stage that's literally shaped like a ring. Well, in this type of stage, it works just like that.

If an opponent is knocked away hard (Like in the adventure mode in SSBB, SSE), the Camera won't follow them all the way, and they may be KO'D.

Examples of stages that would work well in this Ring Stage concept are tower-stages, with a tower in the middle, and you fight in the circular area around it, like Liberty Garden (Pokemon Black and White) or fighting around Koriki Forest's Deku Tree (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time).

Another stage that would work well is the Dodongo Arena in Zelda Ocarina of Time, where it's just a giant square-as a stage, but it's in 2D platforming.

...God, I suck at explainations. Lol... :urg:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nono, I see what you're saying. You're viewing a stage side on. if too many characters go to one side of this stage, it begins to turn. This is the top view: O

The side view is always simply ---

I've had a similar idea about characters doing things like this. I keep imagining a version of Pirate ship where a plank or some sort will come out and if all characters cross that plank on to the othr ship then the stage will go that way. If they remain on the ship then it follows the ship. If not all characters do something, it follows where the most people went and if it's 2 to 2 or 1 to 1, then it follows the person/s with the most lives and least percentage.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Nono, I see what you're saying. You're viewing a stage side on. if too many characters go to one side of this stage, it begins to turn. This is the top view: O

The side view is always simply ---

I've had a similar idea about characters doing things like this. I keep imagining a version of Pirate ship where a plank or some sort will come out and if all characters cross that plank on to the othr ship then the stage will go that way. If they remain on the ship then it follows the ship. If not all characters do something, it follows where the most people went and if it's 2 to 2 or 1 to 1, then it follows the person/s with the most lives and least percentage.
Oh, good! (Whew)...

One of my stage concepts (As your Pirate Ship stage just reminded me) was Bowser's Airship Fleet from Super Mario Bros. 3. The stage moved by itself, and when you reach the last ship, the floor under the fighters breaks, and you enter the last ship's interior, which had all of the Koopalings in the background cheering you on, like the Smashville pedestrians did.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yay! I love koopas! Especially in NSMBW. That has to be the happiest game i've ever played. Even the flying koopas dance, it's awesome! :D

Top Bottom