• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
If Bowser's Castle finally got a stage in Smash, how do you guys expect it to work?

I think it would be cool if the stage was simply a flat, metal platform. The stage would be a touring stage...kind of. As you fight, the platform floats down a river of lava, starting at the gates of the castle, and making it's way through the rooms and halls. Hazards like fire sticks and Thwomps would come by as you journey through the castle. Eventually, you would reach a large room with a Bowser statue at the end, which will launch fireballs at the stage. To end it off, a Koopa Clown car (possibly piloted by Bowser Jr. for a quick cameo) would come by, attach a chain to the platform, and lift you off into the sky, giving you a nice overhead view of the castle and valley around it. The platform would stay suspended in the air until enough damage is done to the chain (or until it just break on its own), causing the platform to detach and plummet to the river below. The stage would then loop.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kind of wonder if an airship stage should be made. It would implement Bullet Bills and Banzai Bills as typical stage hazards, but as an additional twist, players would have to duck for cover when a King Bill gets fired. Unlike the Bullet Bills and Banzai Bills, King Bills can't be defeated, and they can easily KO anyone simply by making direct contact with the fighters. Players would be warned when a King Bill is coming though.

The stage would be an auto-scrolling one, and the geography can vary with each visit.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Imagine Flat Zone 2..........but, with Virtual Boy!!!!!
Changing to different Virtual Boy games that would be awesome

Also, here are my other predictions

Swapnote (3DS)
Windy Hill (Sonic Lost World)
Gloomy Mansion (Luigi's Mansion 2)
Dream World (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
Saturn Valley (MOTHER)
Virtual Zone (Virtual Boy)
Great Fox II (Star Fox Command)
New Leaf City (Animal Crossing: New Leaf)
Famicom Zone (NES)
Murusame Castle (Nazo No Murusame)
Magicant (MOTHER)
Windy Hill (Sonic Lost World 3D)
Brain Age (Brain Age Series)
Bouquet Garden (Paper Mario: Sticker Star)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Online Only Stage: The Moon

The reason you can only play it online is because your character is always on top of the moon.
And you can only die by getting Star KO'd, which rhymes perfectly with the logics of the actual Boss Battle.
I predicted/suggested a stage like this back in August.

This is awesome. Can't wait to fight on it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd laugh my pants off if Raphael Raven made a minor cameo at the Mario Galaxy stage, but the raven species never even appeared in the two games.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I spy Lubba piloting Starship Mario. Now, we're going to see a flood of requests for Rosalina.

Fun fact: The guy who voiced Falco in Brawl also voiced Lubba.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Imagine Flat Zone 2..........but, with Virtual Boy!!!!!
Changing to different Virtual Boy games that would be awesome

I made a stage for the 3DS exclusive stages thread that was to rep the virtual boy1 I'd seriously love to see a VB stage or character somehow in the game however unlikely.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My stage idea: Terminus Cave

47-1f.jpg

Terminus Cave is where the legendary Pokémon Zygarde lies in Pokémon X and Y. It is a stage with walk-off ledges. Since it is a cave, it has a ceiling, meaning you can't be KO'ed by being knocked upwards. There are a lot of rocks in the cave. These rocks can be broken by attacking. Sometimes, when you break the rocks, a Graveller or Shuckle appears. Graveller rolls forwards and explodes if you hit it. Shuckle uses Tackle. Sometimes, an Ariados or Noibat comes down from the ceiling. Ariados creates a web that traps you. Noibat simply damages you by touching you. Other Pokémon that appear include Sandslash, Lairon, Pupitar and Durant. Durant simply runs. Sandlash attacks by slashing. Pupitar and Lairon use Tackle. Sometimes, Zygarde will appear. It can use Dragon Pulse to launch a strong beam forwards, and can use Bite to bite characters that come close. It can also use Camouflage to make itself invisible.

Music:

Pokémon X and Y - Cave Music
Pokémon X and Y - Legendary Battle
Pokémon X and Y - Team Flare Grunt Battle
Pokémon X and Y - Lysandre Battle
Pokémon X and Y - Champion Diantha Battle
Pokémon Black and White - Dragonspiral Tower
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Reshiram/Zekrom Battle

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Im linking the Super Mario Galaxy Stage, but for me fighting in only one planet wont do justice to how magnificent were Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, this has to be a Delfino Plaza like stage, say with a lot of awesome places in Galaxy 1&2 i would like to fight in an Airship, Starship Mario, Comet Observatory, etc. Not complaining though, just having a stage with different gravity its great.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It would be nice if Battlefield had multiple skins based on various franchises for people who are into competitive play only.
Do you honestly think that is what competitive players want? The same stage, but with a new coat of paint?

Most people who are into competitive Smash just don't want to be stuck with only two or three stages that cater to them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Hate it when people think every stage must be a carbon copy of Battlefield in order to be viable, when in reality that's not the problem. The issue is stages that cause problems with the balance. Like a massive stage like New Pork City causing a playstyle that promotes camping, stages with walls like Shadow Moses Island promoting the abuse of chain grabs, and stages with a lot of hazards like Mario Bros. relying heavily on luck instead of skill.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I JUST SAID THIS YESTERDAY! NOW GIVE US LITTLE MAC, REGGIE, RIDLEY, AND CHARIZARD (SOLO)
Reggie can be a sandbag.

I spy Lubba piloting Starship Mario. Now, we're going to see a flood of requests for Rosalina.

Fun fact: The guy who voiced Falco in Brawl also voiced Lubba.
Didn't even know Lubba had a voice. I thought it was simply squeak-squeak-squeak.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hate it when people think every stage must be a carbon copy of Battlefield in order to be viable, when in reality that's not the problem. The issue is stages that cause problems with the balance. Like a massive stage like New Pork City causing a playstyle that promotes camping, stages with walls like Shadow Moses Island promoting the abuse of chain grabs, and stages with a lot of hazards like Mario Bros. relying heavily on luck instead of skill.
I know, right? It's sad when people look at Project M's stagelist and all the variety it brings and yet can only see "Battlefield clones."

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I know, right? It's sad when people look at Project M's stagelist and all the variety it brings and yet can only see "Battlefield clones."
The funny thing is that Project M still keeps some stages, mainly the less viable stages, on a second page. Stages like Fourside, Big Blue, and Shadow Moses Island can still be played. The stages that were replaced were mainly the very awful stages, like Hanenbow and New Pork City.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The funny thing is that Project M still keeps some stages, mainly the less viable stages, on a second page. Stages like Fourside, Big Blue, and Shadow Moses Island can still be played. The stages that were replaced were mainly the very awful stages, like Hanenbow and New Pork City.

I liked Hanenbow... :(

ryuu seika

Smash Master
We need a super mario galaxy stage with the awsome final boss theme.
Lets go one step further and have the battle play out as part of that boss fight. Players can walk all round a small circular planet but will either be KOed or shot to the next one when bowser's fists come down, depending on whether or not they get hit. Planets would vary in size slightly and fireball hazards might also feature.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Any stage that doesn't try to kill you is boring as **** (No sarcasm here, Smash's supposed to be frantic)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
To be honest, I like the changes they made to some characters (not all though, they should at least give you the option to play with all Pokémon at once anyway), but they destroyed the stages. They took away their one thing that made them interesting so they could have variety for competitive play. I understand the reason behind it, but there's no comparison between the actual Green Hill Zone and the one they did: that's ugly, simply ugly.

Permafisticuffs

Smash Rookie
I've really wanted a DKJr. stage instead of a DK one. Probably this stage would be pretty fun:

I think it would be more playable than 75m. Also it has birds that launch eggs at you!

Although I always imagined this game taking place during the daytime:

I wouldn't mind if they redid the graphics some, as long they kept the same layout. But I'd also be ok with it staying with a retro style.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
I would like more stages where you play WITHIN the level, not in front of it.

In Temple (Melee) and, although I didn't enjoy these stages, 75M and Mario Bros (Brawl) those were stages where you were jumping and fighting around inside the level.

Temple took most benefit to this level design as it allowed the structure to change instead of simply being multiple flat platforms in front of a background like non-within-level-stages (e.g. New Pork City) while it also didn't have boring flat platforms throughout the entire level (e.g. aforementioned Mario Bros).
Furthermore, Temple didn't allow you to be killed by the environment whereas in 75M it was, instead of you fighting your opponents, you navigating a platformer stage while avoiding the stage's attacks.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I agree but most stages would take place inside a closed space. In Smash Bros., you have to throw OUT the characters. You know what I mean.

Top Bottom