• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You know what would be hilariously troll-tastic?

If, for the 3DS version, Sakurai implemented an FE stage that had a Fog of War Mechanic.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
So is this the topic where we post are Stages Wishlist?
Yes. And discuss about what stages should return. And discuss what we loved/hated about the previous stages.

This is the number of stages I think each franchise should have:

Mario - 4 + 1 past stage
Donkey Kong - 2 + 1 past stage
The Legend of Zelda - 3 + 1 past stage
Metroid - 2 + 1 past stage
Yoshi - 2 + past stage
Kirby - 3 + 1 past stage
Star Fox - 1 + 1 past stage
Pokémon - 3 + 1 past stage
Mother - 1 + 1 past stage
F Zero - 1 + 1 past stage
Fire Emblem - 2 + 1 past stage
Wario - 1 + 1 past stage
Pikmin - 1 + 1 past stage
Kid Icarus - 1 + 1 past stage
Ice Climber - 1
Game and Watch - 1
R.O.B. - 1
Sonic - 1
Metal Gear - 1
Mega Man - 1
Animal Crossing - 2 + 1 past stage
Wii Fit - 1
Other franchises - 5
Franchises withouth a playable character - 3

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I would really love to see a Golden Sun stage. I'd also like to see a Tetris stage that could build and taketh away platforms depending on the falling Tetriminos that come into play. It would be neat if they could spike players too! I really am hoping for the options to turn hazards off, but I feel like that's asking for a bit much.

P.S. If they make a Mario Kart stage again, it should be MOVING.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
What if the platform is a giant kart and players pass trought the entire Mario Circuit, and are damaged if they hit the road?

In the style of Big Blue, you mean? I could see that working. It could even flip when it did a trick off of a ramp, although I don't know how you would stay on it at that point. It could be super-quick, sort of like Frigate Orpheon.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I would love to see a Mario Kart stage better then what we had in Brawl, but the moving thing has always been F Zero's grounds so I'm not sure.

In all honesty I wanna see Rainbow Road.

Or... Though this could be weird... Think of the idea of the track moving under you as the match progressed, when there are dips in the floor there's no ledges to grab, things like that but the floor itself didn't hurt you, just constantly moved towards the player's screens. Probably too weird even for smash though.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
In the style of Big Blue, you mean? I could see that working. It could even flip when it did a trick off of a ramp, although I don't know how you would stay on it at that point. It could be super-quick, sort of like Frigate Orpheon.
Yeah, that's what I mean.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
This great level needs to be a returning stage! It's really great, and big, and...Well, fun to fight on. ;)
Anyways, I was wondering how many people want it to return. Thanks for stopping by! Have a bag of pork chips.

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
While this level is too big for a serious fight, I actually do enjoy fighting on here occasionally, but a big problem is how easy it is to camp and run away. Either way, this is the kind of stage where I'm willing to play it soley for its song selection.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If the camera can be properly controlled for once, then I'm all for it, love the music and the little references everywhere, not to mention the Ultimate Chimera.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It would certainly be an... interesting stage for the 3DS version if Sakurai also includes past stages with his "Console games get stages for Wii U version and Handheld games get stages for 3DS version" idea....

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm really hoping for a rainbow road stage. You can transition to different parts of the stage like that Fire Emblem stage for Brawl.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
If the Rainbow Road stage was the version from Mario Kart 64 it could also be an F-Zero stage, since it was in F-Zero X.

It could alternate having Mario go karts with Mario Kart music or having F-Zero racers and F-Zero music. :D

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is the number of stages I think each franchise should have:

Mario - 4 + 1 past stage
Donkey Kong - 2 + 1 past stage
The Legend of Zelda - 3 + 1 past stage
Metroid - 2 + 1 past stage
Yoshi - 2 + past stage
Kirby - 3 + 1 past stage
Star Fox - 1 + 1 past stage
Pokémon - 3 + 1 past stage
Mother - 1 + 1 past stage
F Zero - 1 + 1 past stage
Fire Emblem - 2 + 1 past stage
Wario - 1 + 1 past stage
Pikmin - 1 + 1 past stage
Kid Icarus - 1 + 1 past stage
Ice Climber - 1
Game and Watch - 1
R.O.B. - 1
Sonic - 1
Metal Gear - 1
Mega Man - 1
Animal Crossing - 2 + 1 past stage
Wii Fit - 1
Other franchises - 5
Franchises withouth a playable character - 3

I think the previous Metal Gear and Sonic stages could return with in Smash 4. As for Mario, I say keep both Delfino Island and at the very least, update or keep Luigi's Mansion as well. For Star Fox, keep two stages and add one. Not sure which of the Metroid stages would be kept. But I do think Prime 1 stage would be the ideal option.

Speaking of Metroid. I want Prime 3's Sky City(I think that's what it is called)as a stage too. Even more so with Rundas' them playing in the background.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Would love to see Spear Pillar return...maybe with Giratina replacing Cresselia and plunging the stage into the Distortion World? I get why some people hate Spear Pillar, but it's one of those incredibly iconic places that Sakurai tends to replace with stupid, irrelevant locations (Arena Ferox instead of Dragon's Table/Grima's Back, Windy Hill instead of Planet Wisp, Reset Bomb Forest instead of Lightning Chariot Base, Mario Circuit instead of Rainbow Road...I could go on for hours!) and we should be thankful we have an ACTUALLY IMPORTANT place from a game where the climax takes place!

Also, Sonic should get a returning stage...I mean, Green Hill's WAY too iconic to not be in the game, it's like leaving out Mushroom Kingdom. I personally think the Sonic franchise could also get a nice new stage on the Wii U version to represent the 'Modern Sonic' part of the series (Windy Hill doesn't). I'd choose City Escape or Rooftop Run for the Wii U and Planet Wisp for the 3DS.

A Bowser's Castle stage would be awesome, as would be a moving Rainbow Road with breathtaking scenarios! I'd also LOVE a Somnom Woods stage for the 3DS version, since Mario & Luigi Dream Team was a huge success and my personal handheld GOTY.

Viking Milo

Smash Rookie
We DEFINITELY need Poke floats to return! It was the funnest map to play in Melee (and I'm playing it right now in Melee)

@D-idara

Why not crisis city ;)

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I was thinking about these stages we're seeing.

You guys think this is the new Final Destination, or are we going to see another space-themed one?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Has anyone thought of hybrid stages, like the people discussed before? Like F-Zero racers on Rainbow Road, you could apply that concept to other stages as well. Like the flying boat from Rainbow Cruise crashes down into Fourside or something.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
No way this is Final Destination.
It's a Punch Out stage of course.

I'd say it is safer to say it is a Punch Out inspired stage at this point in time over a flat out Punch Out stage. There are details that are taken from Punch Out, that much is true. But there are also details that aren't from Punch Out.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Has anyone thought of hybrid stages, like the people discussed before? Like F-Zero racers on Rainbow Road, you could apply that concept to other stages as well. Like the flying boat from Rainbow Cruise crashes down into Fourside or something.

Ala PSASBR? Sakurai has publicly kinda laughed at the game, so as epic as it would be I'm not sure he'd do something similar to what they did.

I'd say it is safer to say it is a Punch Out inspired stage at this point in time over a flat out Punch Out stage. There are details that are taken from Punch Out, that much is true. But there are also details that aren't from Punch Out.

That would be because that little stadium has actually been in a bunch of other games too.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Like what?
I mean, the whole thing looks like it came straight out of World Circuit, with a Smash Ball slapped on.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Like what?
I mean, the whole thing looks like it came straight out of World Circuit, with a Smash Ball slapped on.

The general background of the stage. The boxing ring itself does seem heavily Punch Out inspired, but the general background doesn't, at least to me, and every other franchise based stage we have had in the past have looked similar to the game it comes from, even the first 2 background parts of Castle Siege seem heavily FE based, whereas the background of that boxing stage doesn't seem Punch Out based to me.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Also, Sonic should get a returning stage...I mean, Green Hill's WAY too iconic to not be in the game, it's like leaving out Mushroom Kingdom. I personally think the Sonic franchise could also get a nice new stage on the Wii U version to represent the 'Modern Sonic' part of the series (Windy Hill doesn't). I'd choose City Escape or Rooftop Run for the Wii U and Planet Wisp for the 3DS.
How would City Escape represent "Modern" Sonic at this point? By the time Smash 4 comes out, Sonic Adventure 2 will be 13 years old. Its release date is closer to Sonic 1's than it is to Lost World's.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd like to see returning stages (if there are any) being graphically revamped, instead of being ripped from the source games.

If there are Mario Kart stages on both versions, they will probably be based on Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8 for the handheld and console versions respectively.
Personally, I'd like to see Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road on the 3DS version. They could rip the stage directly from MK7 and make a few changes (if necessary).

I'd also like to see a Bowser's Castle stage this time. Same for Ganon's Castle.

For the returning stages, I'd like to see stages from all three previous Smash titles instead of just Brawl. Like I said, they could be graphically revamped.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've noticed, we've had three Zelda stages but no Pokemon, Star Fox or Donkey Stage.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You know what would be cool? Instead of generic Pokemon Stadium, we could get some ACTUAL Pokemon Stadium, I'd love Poketopia's Gateway Colosseum!

I bet this stage would look BEAUTIFUL with the Wii U's graphical cabalities, and it'd be a good way to reference one of the Pokemon games with the best attack animations ever.

Top Bottom