• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'd add something like spinning barrels on the sides, and you can hop into those barrels and use them to throw yourself as a high-knockback projectile towards your enemies...but you've got to admit that filtering sunlight would make the stage an amazing experience just with that.

That would make it less likely to see use as a tournament stage which, while entirely irrelevant to its quality, would give it a lot less use than it deserved. Alternatively, how about side on rotating barrels that drop you off the stage if you don't keep moving or jump off?
Whatever the case though, I would definitely play it just for the sunlight effect.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
For the N's Castle idea, do you think there'd be a Golett/Golurk stage hazard? Accidentally think you're a Team Plasma member and just hit you with Shadow Punch or some other Ghost move with average damage but medium-high knockback?

Honestly there's tons of different Pokemon stage hazards the Sakurai team could implement but IMO a large scale battle between Zekrom and Reshiram going on in the background would be epic since that battle represents the climax of Black and white.

It'll definitely be interesting to see if the development team goes for a Gen 5 themed stage or Gen 6.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
a large scale battle between Zekrom and Reshiram going on in the background
I'm imagining the amount of detail and work you would have to put into that background to make it move for at least a minute then loop back again. Oh man, if the team did end up doing something like that, it would be my favorite stage.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Anybody think that the Rosalina cinematic confirms a Rainbow Road stage? I sure hope so.

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
Seriously though, am I missing something? Why isn't anyone talking about the boxing stage? Or is this old news and I missed it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Seriously though, am I missing something? Why isn't anyone talking about the boxing stage? Or is this old news and I missed it.
That stage was shown in the E3 trailer.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh, thank you. So, what game is it from?
It's currently unconfirmed. Some people think it's Final Destination, others a new original stage and then there are others who think it's a Punch-Out!! stage, hinting at Little Mac.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That Rainbow Road stage looks beautiful.

Also, it appears to be based largely on Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64! :)
It's currently unconfirmed. Some people think it's Final Destination, others a new original stage and then there are others who think it's a Punch-Out!! stage, hinting at Little Mac.
Only fools think it is Final Destination.

Currently, it appears to be either a Wii Sports stage or (more likely) a Punch-Out!! stage, especially the latter, since it's got a nearly identical design to Punch-Out!!

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Yeah... I think everyone remembers that. Worst Rainbow Road ever.
Really? I liked it!! I feel like the Wii one was pretty crazy, but then again that game was a little too crazy in general. They should just pick some random stage like Yoshi Valley to mess with people hah

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Really? I liked it!! I feel like the Wii one was pretty crazy, but then again that game was a little too crazy in general. They should just pick some random stage like Yoshi Valley to mess with people hah
It was flat, repetitive, and ****ing looooooooooooooooong. The only nice part was the giant cut you could do at the jump in the beginning.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I loved doing that jump. And I did like the fences.

At least Sakurai is going somewhat more retro though, I'm surprised we haven't seen something from SNES Mario Kart, though, instead

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It was flat, repetitive, and ****ing looooooooooooooooong. The only nice part was the giant cut you could do at the jump in the beginning.
A lot of people only **** it for the music.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I am absolutely surprised that there's no pokemon stages announced for the 3DS version of SSB4 (or Wii U, but the series does better on handheld). I mean, pokemon completely dominates the handheld competition. I think while Mario should have the most stages in the Wii U version, Pokemon should have the most in the 3DS version. Add in a couple locations like Lumiose (which could work like Viridian Saffron in 64, but with the gym tower in the background), and Plasma Frigate or N's castle. It's seriously baffling that pokemon stages are lacking so far.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I am absolutely surprised that there's no pokemon stages announced for the 3DS version of SSB4 (or Wii U, but the series does better on handheld). I mean, pokemon completely dominates the handheld competition. I think while Mario should have the most stages in the Wii U version, Pokemon should have the most in the 3DS version. Add in a couple locations like Lumiose (which could work like Viridian in 64, but with the gym tower in the background), and Plasma Frigate or N's castle. It's seriously baffling that pokemon stages are lacking so far.
Do you mean Saffron?

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Yeah, that. Didn't really play the old pokemon games much. Didn't really play the old smash much either despite being the sole game that introduced me to gaming. More of a Melee lover.

Edit: To be fair, I used to be very poor, and I didn't really get my first pokemon game until Diamond and Pearl. I acknowledge the older games, though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really hope there actually is a Rainbow Road stage.
Nintendo of Australia posted a summary of the Direct and stated that there was a Rainbow Road stage in Smash. Not sure if that is entirely correct though.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo of Australia posted a summary of the Direct and stated that there was a Rainbow Road stage in Smash. Not sure if that is entirely correct though.
Off-Topic:Think you can link me to where you found that?

On-Topic: Anyone else hoping for a PokeFloats 2.0? It was my favorite stage when I was younger and am hoping to see it make a triumphant return.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I hope all the stages are not like Battlefield and Final Destination. Much like every single F***ing level in Project M. :rolleyes:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Off-Topic:Think you can link me to where you found that?

On-Topic: Anyone else hoping for a PokeFloats 2.0? It was my favorite stage when I was younger and am hoping to see it make a triumphant return.
Oh please no! We need actual locations from the games like Poketopia's Gateway Colosseum, N's Castle, Spear Pillar, Nimbasa City, Lumiose City, etc.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Oh please no! We need actual locations from the games like Poketopia's Gateway Colosseum, N's Castle, Spear Pillar, Nimbasa City, Lumiose City, etc.
Would love Gateway Colloseum and N's Castle, but Spear Pillar returning is not something I would like to see. Lumiose and Nimbasa as 3DS exclusives would be great as well.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Would love Gateway Colloseum and N's Castle, but Spear Pillar returning is not something I would like to see. Lumiose and Nimbasa as 3DS exclusives would be great as well.
Regardless of your opinion on it being crazy and chaotic (It's either incredibly loved or incredibly hated) it's still a ridiculously iconic location from a great generation of Pokemon, and it's the first time an important place from Pokemon appeared in Smash! I would like Gateway Colosseum and N's Castle for the Wii U. But if those were the Wii U stages, the 3DS version should have Lumiose city and a 'sewious business' stage like the underground lab where you fight Xerneas/Yveltal or maybe the Pokemon League...the League was a truly stunning place on X/Y, and dat' music!

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Regardless of your opinion on it being crazy and chaotic (It's either incredibly loved or incredibly hated) it's still a ridiculously iconic location from a great generation of Pokemon, and it's the first time an important place from Pokemon appeared in Smash! I would like Gateway Colosseum and N's Castle for the Wii U. But if those were the Wii U stages, the 3DS version should have Lumiose city and a 'sewious business' stage like the underground lab where you fight Xerneas/Yveltal or maybe the Pokemon League...the League was a truly stunning place on X/Y, and dat' music!
I'll agree with you that more iconic places from Pokemon should be in the game, but I loved PokeFloats! You know what would be great? Pallet Town. It might be styled like Onett or something in the end but I would love it. The player's Mom could even be in the background along with Professor Oak and Douche Blue!

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
That Rainbow Road stage looks beautiful.

Also, it appears to be based largely on Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64! :)

Only fools think it is Final Destination.

Currently, it appears to be either a Wii Sports stage or (more likely) a Punch-Out!! stage, especially the latter, since it's got a nearly identical design to Punch-Out!!

Yay!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Again talking about this LOL?
I mean how much more clear do you want it to be a Punch-Out! stage?
Was there someone who actually thought it was Final Destination? Jesus...

SilverRaiden

Smash Rookie
Well, seeing as Namco-Bandai is going to work on the game with Nintendo/Project Sora, And seeing as there's a good chance Pac-Man will be a newcomer (I still want KOS-MOS), here's a stage idea I think will fit Pac-Man quite well:

sakurai doesn't like the idea of companies promoting their own characters into the game. he had reservations about including things from the company he works for as well at one point in time. personally, i dont think that pacman will likely join for wii u/3ds. still, after wii fit trainer, anything is possible i guess.

Top Bottom