• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I think we should get both a Phaaze stage to represent the Prime side of Metroid and Nintendo Land because that Main Plaza Theme just rocks!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What point would this thread be spun off into it's own subsection?

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Stage Ideas for Wii U:
Green Plant (F-Zero GX)
Nintendo Land (Nintendo Land)
Skytown (Metroid Prime 3)
Pac-Dot Pond (Pac-Man World 3)
Desert Ruins (Sonic Lost World)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I, too, would love to see more F-zero, but since the series has been dead for a decade, it sadly won't happen.
An Aeropolis Stage would be sweet, though.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I, too, would love to see more F-zero, but since the series has been dead for a decade, it sadly won't happen.
Well of course F-Zero had representation since the first game so they will never stop representing it aka a stage is not impossible

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
True, it's not impossible.
However, there's been bad news around the F-zero Franshise lately (still no plans on a sequal - recently stated), so don't get yr hopes up too high, broski.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Just finished playing Mario and Luigi Dream Team and thought a great idea for a stage for the 3DS version of the game. The stage takes place within the dream world. The stage could consist of stage hazards based off the many forms luigi takes in the game. There is also so many different ways they could take the stage to since it is a dream.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
However, there's been bad news around the F-zero Franshise lately (still no plans on a sequal - recently stated), so don't get yr hopes up too high, broski.
Then what will captain falcon's home stage be? The don't need to have plans for a sequel, ice climber never even had a sequel to begin with.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman

And despite that they gave the series a mini game in Nintendoland. Way bigger than one stage in smash imo. So I don't think you need to be that pessimistic about it mate =)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At this point as long as Captain Falcon is in the game, there will be an F-Zero stage.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ofcourse there'll be at lest one F-zero Stage.
I'd love to get more, but it won't happen. (Not that anyone said it'd be - just saying.)
I'm tired.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Ofcourse there'll be at lest one F-zero Stage.
I'd love to get more, but it won't happen. (Not that anyone said it'd be - just saying.)
I'm tired.
Well Brawl had two.

Anyway I'm liking the stages so far, not all seem special but they seem like a lot. Especially if we're getting 40 stages per version. I just hope the WiiU takes the better ones, I don't want to think "Oh if this 3DS stage would come to the WiiU...".

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Anyone wanna bet a Mario Sports kind of stage will happen? Maybe similar to Delfino Plaza, but all over the Mushroom Kingdom where it takes you to various places and see characters such as Daisy, Boo, Toadette, Dry Bones, etc play various sports. Thoughts?

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna bet a Mario Sports kind of stage will happen? Maybe similar to Delfino Plaza, but all over the Mushroom Kingdom where it takes you to various places and see characters such as Daisy, Boo, Toadette, Dry Bones, etc play various sports. Thoughts?
That's a really clever idea and allows for plenty of Easter Eggs

Croco

Smash Lord
Personally I would choose these returning stages if possible:

From 64:

From Melee:

From Brawl:
:delfino: :norfair: :lylat: :eldin:

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
So has anyone discussed how Pokémon Stadium 3 will turn out?

It HAS to be a stage in SSB4 following the trend started by Melee...

The types that Melee and Brawl(Stadiums 1 & 2): covered:
Normal(Starting Two Platforms), Grass, Water, Rock, Fire, Electric, Flying, Ground, Ice.

So that leaves Pokémon Stadium 3 with the following to choose from:
Fighting, Poison, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Steel, Fairy.

If I were Sakurai, I would personally choose Fighting, Dragon, Ghost, and Steel.
Fighting: An actual dojo would be pretty badass with fighting-type pokémon patiently observing the intense match.
Dragon: Having a mountainous setting with awesome dragon-types flying around in the background.
Ghost: Haunter. Spookeh.
Steel: Generic construction building setting. IDK.

As long as there are no hazards :3

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
So, are the Skyloft and Other M stage ripped straight from their wii games? Like, did they improve the textures in any way? It would be kinda sad having graphics made on gamecube tech on the wii u, as the 1080p upscale would make the age really obvious. I mean I still had a blast on corneria on the gamecube and wii iterations of smash bros, N64 graphics and all. I'm just curious if nintendo's using the wii u's tech to its fullest. Actually, did they improve the graphics from corneria when they put that stage in melee?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Skyloft in Smash looks a bit different from the original game, mainly the color scheme. The textures don't seem much different, but the resolution seems to have been tweaked a bit. I think the Smash Bros. version looks better than the original.

[collapse="Skyloft in Zelda: Skyward Sword"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Skyloft in Smash Bros. Wii U"]
[/collapse]

splat

Smash Lord
So has anyone discussed how Pokémon Stadium 3 will turn out?

It HAS to be a stage in SSB4 following the trend started by Melee...

The types that Melee and Brawl(Stadiums 1 & 2): covered:
Normal(Starting Two Platforms), Grass, Water, Rock, Fire, Electric, Flying, Ground, Ice.

So that leaves Pokémon Stadium 3 with the following to choose from:
Fighting, Poison, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Steel, Fairy.

If I were Sakurai, I would personally choose Fighting, Dragon, Ghost, and Steel.
Fighting: An actual dojo would be pretty badass with fighting-type pokémon patiently observing the intense match.
Dragon: Having a mountainous setting with awesome dragon-types flying around in the background.
Ghost: Haunter. Spookeh.
Steel: Generic construction building setting. IDK.

As long as there are no hazards :3

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?
While I wouldn't bet my money on a third Stadium appearing (mainly because it pretty much forces them to re-add the first two stages, too - I personally think the Pokémon World Tournament (as seen in B2W2) is a much better option).

Though, should there be a third one, I'd choose Fighting, Dark, Psychic and Ghost. Otherwise known as the types used by the BWB2W2 elite four. I think these types have a pretty nice synergy, with strengths and weaknesses going on between the four - much like the selections in previous stages:

PS1:
Fire > Grass
Rock and Water > Fire
Grass > Water
Grass and Water > Rock

PS2:
Electric and Ice > Flying
Ground > Electric
Flying (as in resistance) and Ice > Ground
Ice is beaten by nothing, though.

Suggested PS3:
Ghost (as in resistance) and Psychic > Fighting
Ghost and Dark > Psychic
Dark > Ghost
Fighting > Dark

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My Pokémon Stadium 3 would be like this:

Fairy Type: everything goes pink and the place looks like a majestic hall of a castle. Full of ribbons, very royal and ****. Featured pokémons would be Xerneas, Sylveon, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Mawile. Aromatisse, Gardevoir, Marill. Ribbon items appear on the stage (the ones featured in the beauty contests in Ruby if I remember right) and give special abilities/reward if collected (even post-match).

Poison Type: the place is a big swamp with toxic waste in the middle with few moving platforms here and there. Staying in the pool even for one second is like being hit by Lip's Flower, only much stronger, so everyone has to fight for staying on the platforms. Featured pokémons are: Garbodor, Grimer, Koffing, Skuntank, Toxicroak, Arbok, Gloom, Foongus.

Dark Type: it's a forest-like ambient, every light of the stadium goes off and the place can be seen only thanks to few elements like Pokémons and the players on stage. Also the people on the stadium take photographs from their seats making the place shine every now and then, pretty gloomy atmosphere. Featured pokémons are: Yveltal, Sableye, Sneasel, Honchcrow, Hydreigon, Nuzleaf, Spiritomb, Zoroark, Darkrai.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
I'm with my man Z1GMA here!
Why the f** has there not been a bowsers castle stage in Smash Bros yet? I have to admit that I never thought of it before, but now when you say it it seems so obvious.

I wonder at what stage stages get chosen/made. Sakurai has stated that the process of choosing characters is finsihed since way back and is done pretty early in the games development cycle. But has he talked about stages much or at all? It seems more plausible for them to get made and added later into the process (so z1gma, send the man an email so he can wake up and see how obvious it is, like me). That's a pure guess by me by the way, I have no clue ^^

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I thought of it, but I wanted to keep the stage fairly neutral.
That was mostly a joke post anyway. I was expecting it to get a few likes, but I guess no one pays attention to this thread. Everyone's too busy arguing about characters to care about where they'll be fighting.

I'd guess the lava would bubble or something before the fireballs jump out so they're not too annoying to deal with, right? This stage needs to stop not happening.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would choose these returning stages if possible:

From 64:

From Melee:

From Brawl:
:delfino: :norfair: :lylat: :eldin:

N64´s Mario stage was awesome, in fact I loved all the stages in SSB, I wish fox´s stage returns with the original size, not like brawl

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
I hope there are a few more tournament friendly stages so it's not always just FD and Battlefield for competitive play.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope there are a few more tournament friendly stages so it's not always just FD and Battlefield for competitive play.
It would be nice if Battlefield had multiple skins based on various franchises for people who are into competitive play only.

Top Bottom