• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
^ Naaa,
Iv'e seen a lot of people saying it's a level from Kid Icarus Uprising. Makes sense to, seing that it is on the 3ds and as Sakurai stated: the 3ds version will have more levels taken from portable games while the WiiU version will have from home console games. I'm sure someone that have played Uprising will come along and confirm (or deny) this soon :)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
it is a Kid Icarus stage. Fire Emblem isn't the only game on Nintendo consoles with castles in the middle of battle.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sakuri said:
Pic of the day. Viridi, Goddess of Nature, is about to obliterate the humans as they battle, driven by greed.
That's what he said on miiverse. yeah, it's a KI level.

EDIT: Viridi confirmed! :troll:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i think threed would make a good earthbound stage

you could fight on the circus tent and the graveyard it certainly have quite the atmosphere

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Gotta get me some Pirate Ship, my favorite stage of all time. I, however, really want the 3DS version to have a Tetris stage. That would be pure awesomeness. The only way to win is to evade the blocks, get on the top (you know what I mean, uncredited pervs) and Star KO them into non-existence.

Dash000

Smash Rookie
Guys. It looks like they've revealed a new stage for SSB4 on the official website.

A new Kid Icarus stage?
I would say that looks like a Pikmin stage, if you look above the rocks above the fance, you can see the top of one of their space ships. Also, this is in HD and therefore is a Wii U stage, and Kid Icarus Uprising is on 3ds.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I like these leakings! And yes! That is definitively a Pikmin stage. I like the details on the rusty sardines can.

Reznor

work in progress
guys best idea ever every stage has a ton of stage hazards :awesome:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I would say that looks like a Pikmin stage, if you look above the rocks above the fance, you can see the top of one of their space ships. Also, this is in HD and therefore is a Wii U stage, and Kid Icarus Uprising is on 3ds.

Woah, wtf. This wasn't the image I posted originally.

**My bad, looks like the url I copy/pasted will change everytime, considering its the thumbnail for the Daily Image Updates on SSB4 website. :p

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
guys best idea ever every stage has a ton of stage hazards :awesome:
Great! So they will be all banned from tournaments eccept for Final Destination.
Here is an idea I came with:
A stage that has strong water jets that turns on and off and when on they works as wall and platforms, but they are dangerously pushing away on their edges. And whenever a water wall and a water platform cross they interrupt each other, becoming twice dangerous on their corner intersection.
This is the gif that gave me the idea:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Figured I should throw some of my stage ideas in here, I was thinking more handheld 3DS exclusive stages, as that's where I originally wrote this for.

So, we're getting stage more relevant to handheld games?

I'm trying to find some lists of nintendo handheld games, but I have some out of the box ideas, or just some possible ones that would work. Let me know what you think!

Pokemon Pinball:

There we go! A little bit of the old and new versions so maybe they could work together and be combined! If you only show these bottom parts, you get a top and bottom blast zone on top of some cool hazards! A ball dropping for the paddles to smack around or sometimes drop, the bumpers to bat you around a bit, and beware the Pika... Land over there and risk a shock to send you flying so hard you never return! Pikachu would probably need to be replaced with a Pichu or some other electric Pokemon due to Pika already being in the game but it could still work easily enough.

This would be an excellent choice, a cool new way to represent Pokemon and show a game that did pretty great sales wise and has had a following to want a sequel made.

Possible Music:
Pokemon Pinball Opening Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plgPjtwiQxg&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Map Mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hlBrpuHSeo&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Hi Score: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmT8P_6_ZLU&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A
Pokemon Pinball Ending Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRvaD64j1Gc&list=PL5A0E2B9D7D982B9A

Virtual Boy Wario Land:

What an interesting choice you are probably saying! But We need a new Mushroomy Kingdom like stage, and I thought it'd be a fun time to go back and remember on this 3D console, the first attempt for Nintendo in 3D. Virtual Boy Wario Land was the highest critically acclaimed Virtual Boy game, if you don't believe me check out it's reception. It's even been suggested to be remade for the 3DS it was so good. Make the stage Sakurai then make it on the 3DS! Think of the hype!

And for those who love using the pipes to move around, take a look at this! Right from wikipedia about the game (as they explain it best) this could make matches amazing! "many stages actually have more areas located in their backgrounds. With the help of special blocks located in certain places, players can actually send Wario to these places, which looks unusual given the Virtual Boy's ability to display objects and areas in three dimensions. These visual tricks lend great depth and detail to the game and are repeated more than a few times in situations such as boss fights, where an attack may reach towards the front of the screen, appearing to stop just inches before the player's eyes."

Now for some possible music choices!
Title Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TjfgEUw18Q&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Miniboss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TmIRB01suQ&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Boss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEXScBdh0Nk&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089
Final Boss Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g3Y3IvRpuY&list=PL234EB3F346BA6089

Brain Age:

Brain Age was a game totally of it's own kind that MANY people thereafter tried to copy, but almost none of them where as good as Brain Age!

Anyone have fond memories of Poke Floats? Let's fight on his head! His hands could be open and such like in the picture at times, giving us possible platforms sometimes, I hope he'd move them a bit.

But... The stage gets REALLY intense when...

THE HORNS GROW! THE HANDS START MOVING EVERYWHERE! OMG PUZZLE MAYBE SHOW UP LIKE THE WARIO WARE STAGE! GOD HELP US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Before he turns back into the happy guy we know again!

This could be a cool little throwback for handhelds, and the stage would have some humor too. If anything, make him a secret boss just for the 3DS title. Master Hand is awesome, but who doesn't want this guy? ;)

Music:
Brain Age 2-Menu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmZfH0***rs

Alright! Three awesome ideas! I'll have to come up with more, tell me what you think of these for now!
MORE IDEAS! A REALLY obscure one in here, I'm going to list it first: maybe it'll blow some minds or bring back some intense Nostalgia...

Game Boy Camera:

Yes, there was once a time when camera didn't come with your game console... We look to the past and see OH MY GOD THAT FACE!

Welcome to the Game Boy Camera Stage!

We can take a couple mini games from nintendo's history and maybe do some mashing into a very interesting stage from Nintendo's history. I admit, this isn't the biggest, best, Sakurai do it NAOWZ idea, but it sure is a cool and unique idea and request that might be worth looking at. It's just to out of the park NOT to pick for Sakurai ;)

Take a look below to get music ideas and to at least kinda see the gameplay. Yes it is VERY simple gameplay, but that should make the stage easier to make maybe.

Music And Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbeNmBM8Go

The Handheld Level:

Let's take a small walk through Nintendo handheld history, from it's roots to the here and now with this awesome level!

Look at that boring looking picture! The level will be much more exciting I promise. This level would start with the first ever nintendo handheld (a Game & Watch) and you would fight on it horizontally, buttons being maybe a bit raised or something to play with for fun, jumping on them to make noises and such.

A bit of time passes, and it starts scrolling away! You jump over to the next console and the Game & Watch come up behind the screen where you see a tiny bit of gameplay, with a small history lesson below, like the date it came out on, and notable titles possible.

This would continue for all the handhelds, it's an interactive playable Nintendo handheld museum, what more could you ask for?

Music: I have NO idea. I'd need some cool suggestions for this one, I was considering just having gameplay sounds from various games on the systems, but I bet there are better ideas out there.

Well, two of the more wacky ideas, any thoughts are appreciated! I'll probably have some more logical ideas in the future :D

Reznor

work in progress
Great! So they will be all banned from tournaments eccept for Final Destination.
Here is an idea I came with:
A stage that has strong water jets that turns on and off and when on they works as wall and platforms, but they are dangerously pushing away on their edges. And whenever a water wall and a water platform cross they interrupt each other, becoming twice dangerous on their corner intersection.
This is the gif that gave me the idea:
would be fun maybe a pokemon stadium stage where it changes from a water to grass to fire stage and have the starters in the backround

CalumG

Smash Lord
Saffron City. Except not the Saffron from the N64 version - a Saffron that actually looks like Saffron:

Preferably with a whole wealth of music tracks from Pokemon towns and cities, including but not limited to Saffron City, Vermillion City, Violet City and Jubilife City. I know Smash Bros. is a fighting game but it irks me a little that near enough every Music track for Pokemon in Smash is a battle theme. How about a little musical diversity?

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Actually that would be the Mega Man Stage, Dr.Willy's Castle.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The poster copied and pasted the "pic of the day" from the main site. Whenever a new image is updated, it changes the picture; even on forums.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Nintendo own Endless Ocean don't they?

How cool would it be to have a stage take place in some sort of under sea dome/aquarium and have realistic looking sea life in the background.

Or to fight in some kind of underwater pod/submarine and travel under the sea.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Nintendo own Endless Ocean don't they?

How cool would it be to have a stage take place in some sort of under sea dome/aquarium and have realistic looking sea life in the background.

Or to fight in some kind of underwater pod/submarine and travel under the sea.
I would really like this, but only if they rework underwater physics.

All I ask from it is that they allow endless double jumps, and be constantly on "low gravity" mode.

I just don't like the swimming gimmick. Looks terrible. I much rather see Charizard surviving underwater than Squirtle drowning, lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Online Only Stage: The Moon

The reason you can only play it online is because your character is always on top of the moon.
And you can only die by getting Star KO'd, which rhymes perfectly with the logics of the actual Boss Battle.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
This thread really needs to be stickied already. Just sayin'.

----
Agreed.

So I guess the Pilot Wings stage really is in 3D. The plane clearly starts on the 16-bit island (so the image we saw before was just an overhead view, chill out people), maybe it flies over to Wuhu island and you land there temporarily kind of like the Halberd from brawl..... IDK something like that.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Lesson number one: Never hotlink to a daily pic because theye aren't nailed down.
Export it to another side instead:

Expecially when it's this nice!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This thread really needs to be stickied already. Just sayin'.

----
Hmm... I'm pretty sure it used to be. Dunno why it isn't now... but yeah, as the official stage discussion thread I agree, if just to keep duplicate threads down.

Stickied.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Online Only Stage: The Moon

The reason you can only play it online is because your character is always on top of the moon.
And you can only die by getting Star KO'd, which rhymes perfectly with the logics of the actual Boss Battle.
You know what? That would be an interesting mechanic for the adventure mode, to make a Super Mario Galaxy based stage.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm surprised this wasn't stickied until this morning, always wondered why it wasn't.

You know what? That would be an interesting mechanic for the adventure mode, to make a Super Mario Galaxy based stage.
A constellation of the character you are using should appear when your character is star K.O.d on such a stage.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
While I think it would be a good idea (it could work in the Animal Crossing stage too, at night), I was talking about a stage for the adventure mode, where the camera is fixed on the chars and the background is rotating around him/her. Stages like this would make the adventure mode worth of existing.
As a fighting stage it would be complicated because, assumed there will be different planets, the controls would be refered to the gravity of each planet. So, when your character is upside down the controls would be inverted, and worse when he's sideway.
Thought, in Brawl there is a Pokemon stage that work like that, so it's not entirely impossible.

NJ_Gamer

Smash Rookie
It'd be really cool to see the 3DS version have old Smash 64 and Melee stages and the Wii U version have Brawl stages.

3DS:
Hyrule Castle (64)
Mushroom Kingdom (64)
Planet Zebes (64)
Sector Z (64)
Saffron City (64)
Peach's Castle (Melee)
Termina Bay (Melee)
Icicle Mountain (Melee)
Mute City (Melee)
Fourside (Melee)

Wii U:
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Bridge of Eldin
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Smashville

etc

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I see the SMG stage as:

Starship Mario as either the control deck or a reality shifted stage where you run in gravity to the stage, instead of just downwards

Comet observatory as a large spread out stage (temple sized) or a slowly rotating stage where you have to keep moving to stay on, and different parts of the observatory would come around (rotates VERY slowly)

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Some people have suggested Hades being a playable character or a boss

But he should totally be a stage

He could make witty remarks when something happens, like a character getting KO'd

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Bowser's Castle stage as big as the temple.
Different hazards in different places like lava pits, jumping fireballs, thwomps, bullet bills and spinning lava sticks.
The Koopa Clown car floats around the screen to add an extra moving platform.
Every once in a while Bowser Jr. will pop out and start throwing bombs.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I had the idea for a Summers stage straight outta Mother 2/earthbound. Now I know my picture isn't the best but just imagine what an awesome fight on the beach at sunset would look like in HD, complete with the Kraken!

The stage is fairly simple, with a few platforms in the form of several trees, a beach chair and umbrella appearing for players to go on. The background showcases a pretty sunset and a shining sea. As the fight progresses, stormy gray clouds cover the sky and it begins to rain. The booming sound of thunder and the roar of a fierce creature can be heard, signifying the presence of none other than the Kraken!

The stage's hazard would of course be the Kraken, who would rise up from the depths of the sea, following the combatants while swimming around in the background. The beast can interrupt the fight by biting players, breathing out long streams of fire, generate a tornado (similar to the tornado on Hyrule Castle in Smash 64) and strike lightning down on the map.

Purple indicates platforms and the plane that combats will walk around and fight on.

Attachments

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
This post was accidentally a dupe of the one above, sorry!

Top Bottom