• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Definitely just want the old stages from all previous smashes back. Especially Fourside and Hyrule. I don't really care if there are barely any new ones.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
I'd like stages based off Bowser's Castle, Rainbow Road, and the Paper Mario stage from Mario. For Zelda, I think a stage set in South Clock Town with a countdown clock to the moon falling would be amazing, but I highly doubt we'd be getting a Majora's Mask stage a decade and a half after it comes out. Unless of course, Majora's Mask 3D is already planned, which is also unlikely. For Pokémon, I'd love to see Castelia City in HD. Mt. Itoi would be a great stage for Mother, and I really want to see Nintendo Land.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Oh you know what? We should get some kind of a forest stage. Like not just in the background, but where you can't really tell just by looking where the plane of movement is.

Or more wilderness looking places in general.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Size: Small/Medium
Platforms: Two Base Platforms and a passable floating platform.
Ledge Grabs: Everywhere where the rail is cut, except for the passable platform.
Hazards: Once in a while, a croc in a minecart race through the stage, dealing 12% damage with medium knockback.

Notes: This stage is meant to be a competitive stage, with little Hazard Interference.

btw, mind giving the thread to someone who can update the OP?

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Im hoping for a stage similar to poké floats, but instead of pkmn it would be just heads or the head and bodie of Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata floating around. Ofcourse every floating model would have a different classic face expression of theirs.

I mean, who wouldn't want to jump around fighting on this with their favourite Nintendo character?

Maybe could add Sakurai himself to the list, as an odé to the games master mind.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
The stage I want to return most from Brawl is Pictochat, I always loved fighting there.
And I really want Pokefloats back from Melee.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Attraction Tour (Nintendo Land)

I think it would be really neat if they made a stage called "Attraction Tour" from Nintendo Land, since pretty much everyone who had a Wii U has Nintendo Land...

The stage would start as an aerial stage that would circle around the plaza. It would then drop the players off at the different attractions, Delfino Plaza style. Since the Skyloft stage already seems to be using the 'flying and landing at different places' idea, my idea might not have as much of a chance of coming true. If not, an flying stage that circled the area or just a grounded stage in the plaza would also be pretty cool. :grin:

(A color version of a drawing I made on Miiverse a while back)

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like the Great Bay stage back from Melee. It would be a completely different beast with characters now able to swim rather than sinking like rocks. Also I think we're long overdue for a Bowser's Castle stage.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'd really like the Great Bay stage back from Melee. It would be a completely different beast with characters now able to swim rather than sinking like rocks. Also I think we're long overdue for a Bowser's Castle stage.
I perfer sinking over swimming.
the only thing water should do is slow down your character. other than that it'd be just like there was no water.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i would love:
N's castle/giant chasm from any of the last 2 pokemon games
Lanayru mining facility/sandship (i know there's skyloft already from skyward, but the timeshift stones idea could have great potential for smash)
sealed grounds/sealed temple... lil more boring concepts, can work nicely though
any mario galaxy stage (could kinda work like the spinning brinstar depths from melee? idk)
gangplank galleon (considering k k rool is a solid contender to make it in)
space colony ark (if sonic stays, i would **** over this stage, SA2 = one of my fave games ever)
bowser's castle/rainbow road from mario kart (could kind of be like port town stage, idk... talking about the n64 MK stages, not the newer ones)

would also be cool to implement an anti-hazard option for stages (example: disable arwings and laser shooting crap on the starfox stages that have them, disable dialga/palkia on spear pillar, etc... u get where im going... as for hazards i mean **** that randomly hits you, moving platforms or stage changes wouldnt be considered a hazard)

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'm hoping that the stages in general are more like the stages in Melee. In Melee, it felt like you were really a part of the atmosphere, but in Brawl, you're usually just floating on some platform while the area is below or around you. Melee had some great stages (Onett and Corneria, I'm looking at you...;)).

Other than that, I'm hoping for a new Mother/Earthbound stage and a Super Mario Galaxy stage.

oirasorledyelsie

Smash Apprentice
After Spear Pillar got turned to a stage I decided to make one for Distortion World.
Distortion World.png

The Themes:
- Giratina's Theme

- Cyrus' Theme

- Cynthia's Theme

Tommy Ettinger

Smash Rookie
what kind of hazzards though like raining bomb ombs/rotating the level/disappearing parts of the floor it could be a good idea but depends how they go about it and what they do

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
We need a Paper Mario stage :]

Maybe the level selection in Super Paper Mario or atop the giant Stone clown car where you fight Bowser in PM1.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Looks like a new stage (for WiiU) based on the pikmin series has been confirmed.

Just look at the pictures of Olimars reveal on smashbros.com. Forrest level and you can even see the captain ship in the back ground on one of the pictures. Every pic is so zoomed in unfortunantly. So hard to see anything specific about the stage, more than that there is a new one and it's based on pikmin.

needsleep

Smash Rookie
A weird stage idea. All platforms in Battlefield will move around left/right, up/down, and sometimes in circles.

Pokefloats needs to come back (or at maybe a version 2)

A stage that we may never fight in the light of day. Nintendo of Japan's headquarters or Sakurai's office

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
A simple idea:

Side doors work like portals, teleporting you to one of the doors on the other side, ramdomly.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Bowser's castle Bowser's castle should look something like this only with thwomps, fireballs, lava, and maybe Bowser jr. could show up in the Koopa clown every once in a while and attack everyone, or Kamek if Bowser jr.'s playable.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
Here's one that not many people have thought of, Nutty Noon
Nutty Noon.png

You would fight on a big castle structure like in the picture with the sunset in the background.
Music
Kirby's Return to Dreamland: Nutty Noon
Kirby's Return to Dreamland: Grape Garden
Kirby's Return to Dreamland: Galacta Knight
Kirby's Return to Dreamland: The Arena
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards: Miracle Matter
Kirby Air Ride: Float Islands
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Meta Knight's Revenge
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Butter Building
Super Smash Bros Brawl: King Dedede's Theme

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I always thought the Classroom from Mario Strikers Charged would make a really cool stage.

KEY:
X= Platform
O= Air
G= Obstacle

GOOOOOOG
GXXOOOXXG
GXXXXXXXXG

The Classroom is a interesting stage. The premise is that you are literally in between a soccer match at the moment between Petey Piranha (due to the belief that he will not be playable in SSB4) and the Super Team from the original Super Mario Strikers. The ongoing match can sometimes lead to players having to avoid several obstacles. For instance, the Koopa below can be stomped and used as a green shell, only to return back to normal when he hits the floor. The Kritters work as reflectors, as any projectile can be reflected (including Final Smashes) in a manner similar to Mewtwo's Discharge, as it will not harm the user of the attack. The players (Koopa Troopa, Monty Mole, Dry Bones, Robots and Petey Piranha) can attack by tackling or kicking, but the ball itself can be more of a hazard. It can fly up into your fight and knock you into the electric walls, which paralyze you. Petey himself can perform his Mega Strike, engulf himself in a flower and spit the ball across the stage, bouncing all around. The Super Team does nothing besides chase after the ball in the background and get shocked by electric walls.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Guys. It looks like they've revealed a new stage for SSB4 on the official website.

A new Kid Icarus stage?

**Removed image as it gets updated to most recent image daily, confusing people

Top Bottom