• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

darkatma

Smash Hero
i'm gonna have lots of time for smash next week

so lets start planning SMYM
who can go?

Me
Geno
Phil
Zach
Lixi

Jeremy can't make it back from texas in time for the tourney

what about the rest of the peeps?
toga,
the other peach
the black smasher
etc

@ zach, who I thought was phil: geno says he needs a teammate i think.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Who are you teaming with?

Geno, interested? We should all play sometime this week. I'm super rusty and won't have much schoolwork after today.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
wait when+where is SMYM exactly? I don't want to drive 4 hours but I'll go If I have a teammate and ride.

As for playing this week, Tues and Wed i have midterms,

today, thurs or friday would be best

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
So, I'm confused. What is wrong with $1 tournaments again? haha
This

I used to try to do $1 or practice tournaments all the time. The last like 6 months, every time I try to do them, almost everyone just groans or complains and doesn't want to. :\ I would like to do more as well, but it has seemed like no one is interested and it makes people not even want to come when I try to do that.

It's really lame, actually... but since the majority always act that way, I haven't even bothered to do them recently. Honestly I feel like they help improve you A LOT and I feel like I am rustier right now because of us not doing them for the last 6 months at least :\

I will RUN to St. Louis for a $1 tourney.
/hug

alt-F4

Smash Ace
the only reason i complained is cause i always ended up with you as my first game and when i played diddy you consistantly 3 stocked me

MetalMusicMan

Yeah, I only want to do $1 tourneys because my only motivation is to take everyone's money. I'm just a huge **** and am only interested in making the huge profit associated with $1 tournaments. I have no interest in bettering the overall skill of our community or anything like that.

Seriously though, that isn't even it anyway. I thought maybe somehow people were stingy about their $1, but even when I tried to do free practice tournaments, people didn't want to do them.

I did all of those back in the day when I first got my camera, then people just didn't ever want to do them anymore.

Legan

Smash Lord
No it was usually because we used to have larger smash fest and no one really felt like waiting around for sets to play out.

I still dont care for 1$ tournaments or anything, It's not really going to make me play harder or anything. I just try my best in every friendly, thats just as good and effective.

Go for it if you guys want it though

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I think we should do either $1 or free tonight, I don't care either way, but I think mini-tournaments will be one of the best ways to continue to improve.

I agree Corey, I try hard in all my friendlies too. Maybe I'm supporting the mini-tournies because I haven't experienced it and don't really know if it's better or not.

I just wanna try it, I guess.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
the only thing good about free tourneys is you get practice counterpicking

i play a lot but rarely do i get to try out stuff on stupid stages for matchups in my advantage

aka bin bin ***** me on kongo 64 EVERY TIME GODDDD

TP

Smash Master
I like how all of you ignored David's post.

We made it to MLG b*tches!

June 4th. Ohio.

Be there.

MetalMusicMan

Dude it's soooooooooo awesome that we finally made it on the MLG circuit.

Also I think it's extremely useful to play in sets because not only do you get to practice counter picking stages and characters, but you get to understand the importance of winning neutrals / playing differently because something is on the line, even if it's only $1. The stress is useful to work under and it gets you used to the environment and helps you memorize what stages / characters are best or worst in which environments and why.

TP

Smash Master
Hey, I'll be there next week most likely Will, since next week is my Spring Break. Do a $1 tourney then, cuz I could use the cash I love serious practice.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i cannot believe there is MLG brawl

what a ****ing joke

why the hell do you all do 1 dollar tournies youre all terrible even for brawlers hahahahahahahha

GOD I HATE YOUUUUU

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
it should be MELEEEEEEE THATS WHYYYY

actually i don't think either game is that good for just being a spectator, but I unsurprisingly prefer melee

SC and hopefully SC2 are freakin sick to watch though

hahahha and yeah

i just dont get that metagame ****.. espescially at an overall level. Sometimes i **** around with parts of metagame but to tackle it OVERALL = gosu

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
it should be MELEEEEEEE THATS WHYYYY

actually i don't think either game is that good for just being a spectator, but I unsurprisingly prefer melee

SC and hopefully SC2 are freakin sick to watch though

hahahha and yeah

i just dont get that metagame ****.. espescially at an overall level. Sometimes i **** around with parts of metagame but to tackle it OVERALL = gosu
may not have told you all, but I used to be pretty legit at Soul Calibur 2 and 3.

made dozens of dollars at tourneys lol. Xianghua="JUST KIDDING" spam

of course all that skill has wasted away over the last 4 years to the point I'm back to being a scrub (dekuscrubby?)

Top Bottom