• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
well i found it. its a LONG way from here. i'm not going to be able to make it. that is unless someone is willing to give me a lift. though i dout it cus im new here and nobody knows me. for all you know i could me a mass-murderer.
LOL 23 minutes is "a LONG way?"

If you don't have a car that's one thing, but Smooth_One routinely drives THREE HOURS to play at Geno's house. Smashfests are definitely fun and worthwhile but you can't expect them to be within walking distance.

BTW if Geno is having a smashfest on Wednesday please leave a note here or PM me; I will try to be there. I'm really bad now, so those of you who I used to beat can now feel much better about yourselves.

M

MDK

well i dont drive, but if i ask reall nice after i get all my chores done (lol), i think i can get my dad to let me drive overthere. seeing as how i dont have my licence yet, but i atleast have my purment.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
22 clayton downs but idk if he's having anything cause he wont get online grrr >.<

Lixivium

Smash Champion
well hell, if you all want you can come down to my place.
If people are going to come to your house we need your phone number. You don't have to post it here if you don't want, just PM it to everybody from the last couple of pages. As far as I know, everyone here is between the ages of 17-24, except for Brawlpro who is 14 I think.

You also probably shouldn't host people unless there are at least two TV's in your house we can use; people can usually bring Gamecubes/Wii's but not TV's. It'd also be nice if there was an easy way to order food from your house.

I hope you are able to invite people over and please leave a note here if you do.

M

MDK

If people are going to come to your house we need your phone number. You don't have to post it here if you don't want, just PM it to everybody from the last couple of pages. As far as I know, everyone here is between the ages of 17-24, except for Brawlpro who is 14 I think.

You also probably shouldn't host people unless there are at least two TV's in your house we can use; people can usually bring Gamecubes/Wii's but not TV's. It'd also be nice if there was an easy way to order food from your house.

I hope you are able to invite people over and please leave a note here if you do.
as for the phone number thing, i do have a cell phone so you can call that: 799-7542. i do have 2 tv's, one is a big screen and the other is a normal sized tv (dont know the exact dementions). dont wory about bringing the GC or the Wii because i have bolth, plus a comp. besides, the Wii can play bolth GC and Wii games so i dont see a need to have bolth, unless were going to have 2 games going on at the same time.

i would appreciate it if everyone, or some of you would show up anytime before 4:00PM (because of my dad). as for the food thing, we could eather play that by ear, or (because im broke from the lack of having a job. IM GETTING ONE SOON, i hope) order some.

PS. YES, I LIVE WITH MY PARENTS!!!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
i would appreciate it if everyone, or some of you would show up anytime before 4:00PM (because of my dad). as for the food thing, we could eather play that by ear, or (because im broke from the lack of having a job. IM GETTING ONE SOON, i hope) order some.

PS. YES, I LIVE WITH MY PARENTS!!!
Well there's no way I can show up before 5 PM because I work. Most likely around 6 PM at the earliest...when do you expect people to leave?

M

MDK

Well there's no way I can show up before 5 PM because I work. Most likely around 6 PM at the earliest...when do you expect people to leave?
ok, heres the thing. my mom is pretty strick, so i dont know how she would act if she forund a bunch a strangers in her house, or cars in the driveway. my dad not so much which is why i asked everyone to arive before 4. you and my mom would arive here at the same time, so you would have to go through that ocwerd moment. i would like for everyone to leave before 10, unless you dont mined trying to be stelth like cus my parents sleep down stars, and my mom has a REALLY short temper when she wakes up, and she has the sleeping habits like a dog.

so thats all im trying to avoid, me gitting in trubble, and that **** ocwerd momnent.

M

MDK

btw, you can call my cell phone number anytime. going to bed now. and if anyone dose come over, could you please bring over some AAA batteries.

****!! I PUT DOWN THE WRONG PhONE NUMBER!!! the reall one is 799-7542. SORRY!!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
wow, im suprised your even considering it. 5908 Laurette Ferguson Mo, 63135
ive seen ppl drive 14+ hours for a tournament...driving to another county in the same city is nothing. smashers are used to it. and im 23.

M

MDK

ive seen ppl drive 14+ hours for a tournament...driving to another county in the same city is nothing. smashers are used to it. and im 23.
thats the thing, i dont drive. i have to ride my bike everywhere, or i have to wait untill my dad gets home at 4 so he can give me a ride.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
ok whats the earliest time u can have ppl show up? i have to run some errands but i should be done in an hour and can probably come over between like 2:30 and 3

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yes, and on a semi-unrelated note, where's geno in all this? Are ya doing something, or is "something" officially at this guy's place?

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
You're not gonna believe this, but I can't find my Tales of Symphonia. Last night I just had to see the intro again...and I'm lookin' at my shelf...Tales of the Abyss...Tales of Legendia...Viewtiful Joe???

I think I loaned it to a friend of mine who lives in Bolivar. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
*YouTubes the intro*

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lol geno i found it...here's where it all started:

Originally Posted by MuBa
what tourney did u go to? and when was that? o_O;

(sam replies)
u mean last weekend....or when i went with KC to Innsomnia in march and forgot to tell you FYI it's not my job to keep you informed of my tournament whereabouts before or after i attend them...

the part about making smash vids with zig is on page 29 or 30

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Sounds like Deku wins, lest someone else has Presea or Regal. Anyway, without further ado, the Smooth List:

1. Car Keys
2. House Keys
3. Wallet
4. Cell Phone
5. Controller
6. "Bag"
7. Tales of Symphonia

Every member of St. Louis crew must always have these 7 things when moving between locations, ensuring that everything goes according to plan and is, ultimately, smooth. Lower on the list means more important, but things higher on the list can help you get things lower on the list should they go missing. One's "Bag" is an abstract term referring to whatever other crap they have with them; it could be a suitcase or purse, a hat or retainer, anything not crucial to smash but so important that you have it anyway.

Forgetting the Smooth List in any way is an unforgivable crime that will result in having to play Sonic the Hedgehog for 100 straight minutes... on PS3.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
guess who is coming home tomorrowwwwwww

MEEEEEE

ZIG MM MATCH
Im not so sure I'd rely on marth1 and AOB experience to help you here...Ive been playing those guys since before you knew what smashboards was ;)

We'll see. Im gonna be home sometime next week. Gotta smash, its been too long. I hope I remember how to play people.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
We'll see. Im gonna be home sometime next week. Gotta smash, its been too long. I hope I remember how to play people.
The secret is to use B moves, since they are so good. If you do have to use A moves, only use smash attacks, since they do more damage. Never jump, since being in the air makes you easier to kill. Grabbing is a waste of time except for Link and Samus, who are broken anyway. (Like Mewtwo.)

Also, when Peach spins around really fast, that means she is giving out candy. Who doesn't like candy? Smart kids would get themselves some of that.

edub

Smash Apprentice
The secret is to use B moves, since they are so good. If you do have to use A moves, only use smash attacks, since they do more damage. Never jump, since being in the air makes you easier to kill. Grabbing is a waste of time except for Link and Samus, who are broken anyway. (Like Mewtwo.)

Also, when Peach spins around really fast, that means she is giving out candy. Who doesn't like candy? Smart kids would get themselves some of that.
also if people start using that Wave Dashing bull**** just forward smash

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Sounds like Deku wins, lest someone else has Presea or Regal. Anyway, without further ado, the Smooth List:

1. Car Keys
2. House Keys
3. Wallet
4. Cell Phone
5. Controller
6. "Bag"
7. Tales of Symphonia

Every member of St. Louis crew must always have these 7 things when moving between locations, ensuring that everything goes according to plan and is, ultimately, smooth. Lower on the list means more important, but things higher on the list can help you get things lower on the list should they go missing. One's "Bag" is an abstract term referring to whatever other crap they have with them; it could be a suitcase or purse, a hat or retainer, anything not crucial to smash but so important that you have it anyway.

Forgetting the Smooth List in any way is an unforgivable crime that will result in having to play Sonic the Hedgehog for 100 straight minutes... on PS3.

Wow, This is definitely the best post in the STL forum up to this date!!. sry to all you guys who don't quite understand it. :ohwell:

Top Bottom