• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Good luck to all you guys who are going. Represent St. Louis well! Wish I could join you, but I will probably be at Geno's house on Friday. Save a controller for me.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
What time is this caravan planning on returning again? It's just that I have a review session early Sunday that I *need* to be back for, and being able to get back for some of the Saturday gaming marathon would be really nice and make me much more likely to go...

EDIT: If I'm driving, I could just come back early myself, along with anyone else who wants. About what time is this thing over? Like a 2 1/2 hour drive, right?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i need to be back sunday as well...i wish geno would get on aim so we could figure this out.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Ok, everyone meet at my place around 4, We will decide then who is driving.

We might need to take 2 cars since some of us need to be back sooner. regardless im pretty sure we'll all be back saturday night/sunday morning.

If we do take 2 cars i know for a fact we cant take mine. my car gets crappier every day....

Im not really sure when we'll be returning. I highly doubt we would be leaving any later than 12 at the latest on Saturday night. which means we should be back around 2

Also, Thinkaman, you should definitly go. This may very well be the last big melee tournament that we'll be able to go too.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Ok, everyone meet at my place around 4, We will decide then who is driving.
Wait, are you all meeting at 4 PM then immediately leaving for TJ's place? If so then I won't be joining you guys. Good luck to you all then.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I still don't know what to do, people on both sides are obviously arguing for me to go to their respective event. WUGS Arcade here would involve me hanging out with a lot of cool people and beating the peons at smash all day. MSOP2 would involve me hanging out with a lot of cool people and losing to great players at smash all day. (Which I very much would prefer.)

Both events are in some ways rare chances and in some ways typical: WUGS Arcade would involve tons of fun all day long, while it's with people I could play with almost any time. MSOP2 is with really good people I have never even met, but it isn't the last tournament that will ever be held and it's no secret that I'm mainly here for Brawl anyway.

MSOP2 would win, except for the extra disadvantage of taking lots of extra time out of my pretty full schedule. I think what it might come down to is seeing if either group NEEDS me to go... Bottom line, do you guys need me to drive? If you don't, and WUGS turns out to need some of my stuff, I would stay. If WUGS doesn't need me for anything but people need an extra car... looks like I'd be driving...

That said, I would be coming back ASAP on Saturday. Anyone with info that may solve my delimma, feel free to email, AIM, MSN, PM, or call me, thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and if Toga or Andy are gonna show up at WUGS, that makes things much more interesting and confusing.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
hey is there any way who ever is driving can pick me up after u guys get everyone from genos, because i just realised since i share a car with my mom i cant park it at geno's for the whole weekend.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
What time is this caravan planning on returning again? It's just that I have a review session early Sunday that I *need* to be back for, and being able to get back for some of the Saturday gaming marathon would be really nice and make me much more likely to go...
What's the WUGS arcade thing? I may hit that up since I can't go to MSOP2.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
hehe, now that you mention it Thinkaman, we may need you to drive.... theirs no way in hell my car would make it. Also, its good if you come back early cause Sam needs to get back early also. If you did come back early though, what time do you think it would be. You should prolly meet at my place around 4 so we can figure it out.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
as long as i make it back anytime saturday night/sunday morning im good

oo geno are u bringing your laptop and mario 3 so we can finish beating it on the way there

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
QUIT JOHNIN ST LOUIS GET YOUR *** TO MSOP2!

are you serious? WUGS? wtf is WUGS? sounds like a gay bar

midwest ****s on people, version 2. thats all you need to know

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
First off, WUGS Arcade (Wash U game developer's society) is an event we throw that involves setting up as many TVs, projectors, and consoles we can, and inviting people to come play games on them. At this point you can pretty much name it and it will be there, since we finally found someone who has Rock Band and I am pretty sure they have enough stuff lined up for 8-player Gears. If I go, I will probably put my PC in a corner to let people play Portal.

It's held upstairs in Wohl Center on the South 40 (student center in the middle of the dorms). It starts at 3pm and entry is $5 that goes strictly to Child's Play, Penny Arcade's charity for children's hospitals. Normally we also have a raffle of random stuff too. It's pretty tight, and there's no question that if I don't end up going to MSOP I'll be there all day and harass Toga and Andy into showing up some.

As for the MSOP driving situations... get on AIM or something real fast. Me coming back early would involve leaving literally ASAP tomorrow, when the main event is over.

M

MDK

how can i get into some of the action. im just looking for someone to play with that is better then my dad. can someone hook me up PLEASE.

M

MDK

hay people, new here, just looken for someone to play with. anyone interested?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
ok..im just gonna come out and ask this since everyone is wondering. brawlpro, why are u so talkative on the boards, but u barely say 2 words at the smashfests?

takieddine

Smash Master
hey zig, how close did you say you were from slippery rock?

because people from slippery rock have been coming down to weeklies down in pitts. you should tag along for possible rides in the future :)

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
hey zig, how close did you say you were from slippery rock?

because people from slippery rock have been coming down to weeklies down in pitts. you should tag along for possible rides in the future :)
I am only an hour from Slippery Rock!

I will take this into consideration after the break, since Im about to come back to st.louis in a week, y0

Echo

Smash Champion
hey brawlpro how did you get so pro at brawl man i mean the game isnt even OUT yet... i need to know

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Hey Geno I grabbed the wrong controller yesterday. The one I have now has little scratches on the right side and the L catches a little. Sound like one of yours?

And is Josh on here or does he have AIM?

M

MDK

We smash all the time at my place. If you wanna join us just keep checking the boards or I can PM you when something is up.
sounds lke a plan. just tell me when and where and i might be there depending on how far it is from my house.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
MDK if your available wednesday thats when we usually have a day off. How far are you from frontenac

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I can't find Frontenac on Google Earth, but I can find Tales of Symphonia.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
We smash all the time at my place. If you wanna join us just keep checking the boards or I can PM you when something is up.
MDK if your available wednesday thats when we usually have a day off. How far are you from frontenac
wait, if you guys are gonna smash tomorrow, is it gonna be at geno's place..or frontenac(wherever that is...) unless frontenac is whre geno lives.

**** I was hoping you could show me the ways :(
lol time travel ftw

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
are you guys going to the tourney the 19th?

if you can drive to carbondale i can maybe make it to STL to ride with you...

also are we having holiday smashhhhh?

M

MDK

well i found it. its a LONG way from here. i'm not going to be able to make it. that is unless someone is willing to give me a lift. though i dout it cus im new here and nobody knows me. for all you know i could me a mass-murderer.

Top Bottom