• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM: HQ (texture)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Never realized how washed out ganondorfs outfit was. Thanks for thrown that **** trough the cleaners lol. ***** needs to wash his hair too.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Only problems I see are Mario and Luigi's stitches in their overalls are a little too bright somehow.
And though the jiggz color is spot on and accurate.. I can't help but feel that its strange. Maybe I just haven't gotten used to it :p
(seeing as how my main training partner is a jiggz main, i see jiggz a LOT lol)
No worries, Mario & Luigi were the first two I worked on for this project, so there are some things I'd like to go back on and fix... like the gold trimming you mentioned, among other things.

As for Jiggs, I'll make a Melee-recoloring of her for those that want it somewhere after release time. I just need to remember to jot that down. :d Thanks, though!

Finished up a few more characters... I'll be sure to post pictures of them later.

Milun

Smash Ace
Oh, there was a thread for this this whole time? Subscribed.

I gotta say I look forward to having a copy of Melee with all these, although no matter how many time I look at Jigglypuff, she looks like she's wearing lipstick. It won't be as noticeable in game. Everything else looks great. Big fan of Mario.

Looking forward to HD Game and Watch.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
rofl hd game and watch.

And I really like the detail you add to the clothing on characters. Keep it up. :3c

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Thanks! (=

Oh, there was a thread for this this whole time? Subscribed.

I gotta say I look forward to having a copy of Melee with all these, although no matter how many time I look at Jigglypuff, she looks like she's wearing lipstick. It won't be as noticeable in game. Everything else looks great. Big fan of Mario.

Looking forward to HD Game and Watch.
LOL, lipstick. Never saw that before.
/lawlg&w

Been making a lot of progress the last two months, I'm getting pretty hyped with how far along this project is going. I feel bad I'm leaving all the top tiers last, I swear, it's not intentional. XD Those're probably the characters most people look forward to seeing most.

And whoops, thought I showed the new characters here:

I've been putting up videos on my YouTube channel with some character previews, mostly for feedback.
http://www.youtube.com/user/nifanatic

Working on Ness now.

nube

Smash Apprentice
^Pretty sure it was just for jokes. Lookin good, S

Steelia

Smash Champion
Lol @ GAW comments.

Thinking of starting on Samus once I tweak a few things on Fox...

EDIT 01/16/2012:

Rykard

Smash Ace
love what you did with them, especially samus in the new update! i can't wait to see what the alternate colors look like with the updated HD textures for them

Steelia

Smash Champion
So, uh... It's always embarrassing to take so long to show progress on one thing, but I finally got this through after pushing in another semester of college.
And classes start again tomorrow.
FFFUUUUUU
]:

Too bad the hammers don't show here . . . Hmm.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I personally don't have a problem with you taking this long. This looks amazing, and as long as you finish it, you can take as much time as you need. Unfortunately, life is just as important as Melee.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It works, but it could be a little softer as the difference between Popo's before-and-after shots are more subtle than Nana's.

Still pretty hype though; pretty sure no one would nitpick about it anyway when they're too busy getting wobbled.

obv :012:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Still pretty hype though; pretty sure no one would nitpick about it anyway when they're too busy getting wobbled.
LOL... Well, I was able to test the 2 in-game, and Nana's definitely a much "stronger" color in action. Something'll be done for that one. Getting that right shade of lighter pink may be a little tricky, but I'll see what I can do. :)

odinNJ

Smash Lord
i appreciate this awesome work, you are doing an amazing job and you should get mad respect for this project.
BUT...

i noticed one thing.

LETS MAKE EVERYONES EYES SUPER BRIGHT!!!

lol, keep up the good work

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ I really~ enjoy making the eyes . . . Maybe a bit too much. I'll go back one of these days and fix up some of those, though. Especially Mario.

Hopefully she's not too bright? V:

Steelia

Smash Champion
So I've been trying something a little bit different lately, but I don't know whether to continue it or not...

Rock
Fire
Water
Grass

Random HQ-ing of stages... Most of PS doesn't even look to different to me. ]:
If people like it, though, I might try a few other stages . . .

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I think it looks amazing. While the changes aren't as noticeable in some parts of PS, they're easy to notice in others. And FD looks great.

Now I'm excited for the idea of having an entirely HQ version of Melee.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Steelia, I have a hard time believing people DON'T like your work. :054:

And yes, an entirely HQ version of Melee would be amazing; an ideal where everyone looks as advanced and beautifully rendered as Game & Watch...

obv :012:

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I really like the changes to HQ so far...

Bolder colors make it look better on both characters and stages (PS, grass stage there isn't much difference), though on Nana, being the secondary climber looks a liii~ttle bit bright... d >_>b

FD looks great, maybe the shade of purple is kinda dark, though it might be something that depending on the stage lighting (which changes a lot) might look better I guess...

BTW... any chance you'll be uploading any samples of these (both stages and characters)?
I used to have some of the characters on HQ, formatted my PC and lost all but my ISO... expecting I could download it again, forgot that the files were on MegaUpload.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It has been a long time since the last time I've checked back here. I lost interest in Melee hacking after the end of 2010, but I wanted to at least see how the HQ project is going. So far, it looks quite promising.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for bumping, but it has been a really long time and I just want to wonder if there's any progress or has anyone heard from Steelia lately or you believe something worse has happened.

Rykard

Smash Ace
it has been a while since i've come to this page and am really impressed with all the progress that has been made. keep it up!

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
Is this project dead? Im REALLY interested in a HQ Texure SD Remix *-* hope this gets done, char and stages alike n.n

Tero.

Smash Champion
Can somebody please continue the work? It's just so amazing!

Top Bottom