• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Automatic Polygon Deleter A

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
It should be in the FitIke.pac, no numbers. If it's not in there it's in the FitIkeMotionEtc.pac file.
If I just delete the model of the sword glow, will it just disappear from everything? =3

Jys072595

Smash Rookie
Is there a link to the download anywhere besides Mediafire? It isn't working for me for some reason.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thank you.

I tried removing it, got the same effect, then removing it on both the pac and pcs, got the same effect, then tried hexing it off, got the same effect, tried hexing it off of the polygon file itself, got the same effect, still more trial and error left, will post if I fix it.

I think this is the same thing as the ness problem, will try to fix.
Thanks! It seems like a natural result of hexing polygons, rather than any mis-application of method. If that sentence is at all clear. Do you think it is actually fixable?

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
If this deletes the entire polygon, would you work on getting part of a polygon?

EX(removing Mario's mustache even if it is connected to his arms.)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Thanks! It seems like a natural result of hexing polygons, rather than any mis-application of method. If that sentence is at all clear. Do you think it is actually fixable?
The answer is yes, but you are looking at fixing it the wrong way.
From what I found, this glitch is from the same polygon being attached to more than 2 bones. Think of this, the polygon remover just moves all verices to 0,0,0 that is relative to the bone. so say you have an arm (connected to two bones) the vertices are moved to 0,0,0 in two spots, both arm bones. that would make an invisible line (invisible because it's ! dimensional) now when we have 3 or more bones, those 3 points are connecting to each other to make a 2-D (or 3-D if more than 3 bones) polygon. the only way i can think of would be to find what vertices are referenced by what bones, and re-reference them to one.
hope this cleared stuff up

Edit: Power Marshall, that can be done easier with my vertex hacking technique

Eldiran

Smash Lord
The answer is yes, but you are looking at fixing it the wrong way.
From what I found, this glitch is from the same polygon being attached to more than 2 bones. Think of this, the polygon remover just moves all verices to 0,0,0 that is relative to the bone. so say you have an arm (connected to two bones) the vertices are moved to 0,0,0 in two spots, both arm bones. that would make an invisible line (invisible because it's ! dimensional) now when we have 3 or more bones, those 3 points are connecting to each other to make a 2-D (or 3-D if more than 3 bones) polygon. the only way i can think of would be to find what vertices are referenced by what bones, and re-reference them to one.
hope this cleared stuff up

Edit: Power Marshall, that can be done easier with my vertex hacking technique
Ah, I think I understand. That makes sense. I don't know what you mean by "re-referencing", specifically, but somehow I doubt I could implement it even if I did.

Doesn't sound particularly automatable either...

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Ah, I think I understand. That makes sense. I don't know what you mean by "re-referencing", specifically, but somehow I doubt I could implement it even if I did.

Doesn't sound particularly automatable either...
by re-referencing i meant re assigning the vertices to a different bone (like arm vertices to shoulder)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
by re-referencing i meant re assigning the vertices to a different bone (like arm vertices to shoulder)
Okay. I suppose since it's polygons and vertices, it shouldn't make any difference in gameplay, so that's good.

Now I have to wonder -- do we know how to tell what bones vertices reference?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
If this deletes the entire polygon, would you work on getting part of a polygon?

EX(removing Mario's mustache even if it is connected to his arms.)
^This

I don't want to have to vertex edit stuff just to delete part of a model.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
i luv you...
thanks for this. this is going to make life sooo much easier.
skyworld is now playable stage. awesome.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Tested on Zebesian Ridley FD and Smashville, and it seems to work flawlessly! Ness has no backpack and no graphical glitching.

Also works fine on PTAD and the Results Screen.

Yeah!!!!!!! Thank you! This is good. I will rebuild the program so this error does not occur. Also the instructions are going to change.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
OP has been updated with new download.

*It's not neccesary to change the file extension to txt.
*No more of this vertice nonsense.
*I believe the glitch with the deformed polygons is fixed.

@Eldiran- tell me if jigglypuff works with her polygons removed.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
do you think this program might eventually have a way to easily move veticies around as well?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
OP has been updated with new download.

*It's not neccesary to change the file extension to txt.
*No more of this vertice nonsense.
*I believe the glitch with the deformed polygons is fixed.

@Eldiran- tell me if jigglypuff works with her polygons removed.
Removing any polygon with version 2 causes a crash. :(

Eldiran

Smash Lord
on the computer, or in-game?
In the game. Specifically, I removed an unedited Jigglypuff's ears (polygon2) and tried to load the .pac in-game, at which point it crashed. I also tried just a removal of Jiggly's body (polygon1) and that crashed the same.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
In the game. Specifically, I removed an unedited Jigglypuff's ears (polygon2) and tried to load the .pac in-game, at which point it crashed. I also tried just a removal of Jiggly's body (polygon1) and that crashed the same.
See if it works by removing the same thing on both the pac and the pcs.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
aye, just loaded a Yoshi.pcs without a saddle using the automatic deleter, and in-game became really slow and one part of Yoshi was very enlarged.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman

Eldiran

Smash Lord

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
....Coolio. Now I can make a proper Missingno. hack using this.

But maybe I should work on Palkia first. :/

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Actually.... sorry to inform you, SqLeon... My Yoshi is the same... Except only when he attacks someone. So basically it is good for looks not for brawling, heh... :/

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
PM, you could probably try to be more specific about your problem. Does the polygon edit only occur during an attack? Does it not appear at all?

And lol, I thought of a great use for this and vertex editing. We can find a trophy we want, remove polygons until we get the part we need, and then vertex edit it until it looks proper. Then it can be model swapped with an article if the trophy has the proper number of bones(I think many articles only need around 4-8 bones, which matches quite a few trophies). That way custom articles can be made.

Top Bottom