• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Automatic Polygon Deleter A

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
so, if I deleted a polygon group that was part of an attack (say diddy kong's tail, which attacks at the end of his A combo), this won't cause anything bad to his moveset?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
2.2 doesn't work for me at all. In-game, it makes the game lag like hell and the character's invisible beside the eyes. In Brawl Box, though, it looks fine.

NOKAUBURE

Smash Apprentice
I removed all zako ball polygons except his center eye, but when I go to try on brawl and I try to move, the game run at 0 FPS ...

LegendarySuperMario

Smash Rookie
2.2 doesn't work for me at all. In-game, it makes the game lag like hell and the character's invisible beside the eyes. In Brawl Box, though, it looks fine.
I get the same problem when I tried to take off Olimar's normal eyes in 2.2. Except the screen has a light show before the match starts and then the game speeds up for a second or 2 just before the announcer says GO!... Plus as I hit the other opponent the screen flashes.

My model looks fine in Brawlbox though... and in-game. But there's too many glitches to keep playing with him.

Legend_Of_Wii

Smash Rookie
Great job!

However I love 2.2 better than 2.5 (you can't delete anything in 2.5).
I was able to delete Barbara so her guitar can be alone (I want to replace the homerun bat to have guitar whacking item). Are you planning on making another version for this program in the future?

reptile247

Smash Rookie
Err... this is probably a bit late to report, but I can't figure out how to hex-delete polygons properly.

I am trying to get rid of various stuff on Battlefield, like pillars. I tried this program before and it worked perfectly. I've even done some deleting before on Battlefield, but I deleted too many polygons for this new stage idea I have, so I can't reuse it. The problem is that the version I had was lost when I reformatted a while ago and when I try it now, it doesn't work properly anymore. It causes huge growing or distortion of the deleted polygon (or some other polygon. it hard to tell what exactly happened). The background and characters are usually hidden since the polygon(s) cover them and it causes massive slow-down. I tried the program with the mediafire and megaupload links, but I get the same result. Is there an older working version someone has or can someone tell me how to put deleted polygons back (not all of them)?

P.S.: It looks fine in BrawlBox, but not in brawl.. I dunno why.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Try this out.

I also have a problem with this program, because whenever I use it, it looks fine in Brawlbox but is totally messed up in game (slowdown, parts of characters missing, super stretching, etc.).

I'm using version 2.4 (not sure what number A is...) and I export the MDL0 and name it model.MDL0 and put it in the same folder as the Deleter. I enter the TotalLen and MDL0 offsets for each of the polygons that I want deleted. After I'm done, then I import it back in the PAC file. While I use the program, the MDL0 file is not open in Brawlbox, but the PAC file is.

Is there a step that I'm missing or something?

Can someone try to remove polygons 2, 3, 4, 44, 47, 49, 50, 54, 55, 56, 58, and 60 from Marth's default model? It's not as much work as it looks... but whenever I do it, it causes massive problems. Any help?

EDIT: Are there maybe some polygons that you can't remove?

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
"it looks fine in Brawlbox but is totally messed up in game (slowdown, parts of characters missing, super stretching, etc.)."

I got the same problems when deleting Waluigi's racket (the playable Waluigi hack thats over ToonLink). When Waluigi is with certain characters the OTHER character turns into a giant rainbow glitch. Also, it's not the program. I got the same problems with HxD. Someone please help

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I think there are some polygons you just can't remove. That's kinda how I fixed my last problem, but not really.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
No, I tried that... it didn't work for me... so I think for some polygons, it won't work... unless I did something really stupid...

Chuy, you're talking about this, right?

ToonLeenk

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new here and I need some help, I go into the vertices folder in my FitToonLink00.pac but I can't see any model offset or any of the required info. It worked a few moments ago... What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

Oh! Never mind! I forgot to rename the .mdl0 file to "model"

I'm such a dummy .-. :urg:

Works like a charm and I credited you in the Brawl Hack I made using this thing.

-Forever your cel shaded hero
Leenk

Last edited:

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
What do you do if you want to REPLACE one polygon with another?
I want to replace Ness's Bat with a Katana.
Same process? Any help? Or am I going to be a sitting duck?

Top Bottom