• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Automatic Polygon Deleter A

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Watch wacka alpaca's tutorial and see if it works.
good idea.
Oh, I understood exactly how to do it, and even after watching the tutorial (by the way, nice job Wacka Alpaca) I can see I did everything right. Although, BrawlBox was open, but it was the original file, not the exported model. I'll try it again with BrawlBox closed. By the way, how do you pronounce your name? I noticed the way Wacka Alpaca said it in his video and I was wondering if he said it the right way.

EDIT: Still didn't work, even with the new version. Perhaps your polygon deleter doesn't work on trophy models or BRRES files.

New Version in OP:

Added ability to delete multiple polygons without having to reopen 50 bazillion times if your trying to delete multiple polygons.
Nice, thanks.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
@ SqLeon
Hey thanks a lot man! I really appreciate all the work we were able to accomplish here, and I hope it is mutually benificial to both our projects; I look forward to working with you in the future.

@ BrawlShifter
Thanks for saying my tut is great man! it means a lot.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I understood exactly how to do it, and even after watching the tutorial (by the way, nice job Wacka Alpaca) I can see I did everything right. Although, BrawlBox was open, but it was the original file, not the exported model. I'll try it again with BrawlBox closed. By the way, how do you pronounce your name? I noticed the way Wacka Alpaca said it in his video and I was wondering if he said it the right way.

EDIT: Still didn't work, even with the new version. Perhaps your polygon deleter doesn't work on trophy models or BRRES files.

Nice, thanks.
It's pronounced S then q then Leon. But i don't really care how it's pronounced. About the trophy, I tried it........fail. As you said, it's something with the program.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Ok i cant delete anything off Luigi. It make me angwee.
I am aware, something went horribly wrong. Last night I made version 2.4. It was able to delete polygons from trophies as well. I tested it and it worked fine. But I changed something in the source code and I cant remember what it was, but the program doesn't even function now, I've come close to punching my laptop screen because it definantly should work. I actually released it last night, only to learn that it didn't work after I tested it again, so I changed it back to 2.3 on the thread, then I tried 2.3. It didn't work either, I thought I would have it working before someone noticed but it's completely frustrating in every way. So if anyone has problems, it's expected. I will try to have it fixed soon.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Huh. It let me delete Luigi's hat. Lemme go see what version I have...

Anyone who still has 2.2, maybe you should stick to that until SqLeon can fix the problem with 2.3/4.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I think I fixed it.

V2.4
in OP

*fix for assist trophies*
*fix for w/e ashnard would be categorize as*

side note...That ashnard guy looks awesome, someone should make replace an alloy with him. Or is someone already doing that.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Okay, I think I fixed it.

V2.4
in OP

*fix for assist trophies*

side note...That ashnard guy looks awesome, someone should make replace an alloy with him. Or is someone already doing that.
I thought about doing that after I do the sword thing. Wow, you are already at version 2.4. I have a feeling this is going to become a very large project.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
if u could shove this in brawlbox and make it incorparated in the GUI
that would be even more amazing haha
just a suggestion

fireking220

Smash Rookie
I just tried to remove cornerias buildings but when I tried to do it nothing happened. It still was the same. I followed everything exported the model, renamed it to model, put it in the same folder as the tool, put in the MDL0 offset(without the -) and totallen and it said it did something(I get all those dots and the done!) but nothing has happened.

heres the file i edited http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q0O0WPES

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Then dont open the exported model. open the file that had the model in it. and find your Polygons there.

fireking220

Smash Rookie
Then dont open the exported model. open the file that had the model in it. and find your Polygons there.
Well I had the corneria.pac open in another brawlbox window and thats how i got the MDL0 offset and such, not the model in the polygon remover folder.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
it did the same thing for me and green greens. just keep trying. that or as soon as you enter the TotalLen and MDL0 Offset, close brawl box. before clicking enter.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Why dont you contact Kryal and ask about this being a Feature in BrawlBox? That would make things go way faster with polygon deleting. Like all you would have to do is right click a polygon and it would run the program and auto input the TotalLen and MDL0 offset and instantly close. that would rock.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
why Dont You Contact Kryal And Ask About This Being A Feature In Brawlbox? That Would Make Things Go Way Faster With Polygon Deleting. Like All You Would Have To Do Is Right Click A Polygon And It Would Run The Program And Auto Input The Totallen And Mdl0 Offset And Instantly Close. That Would Rock.
I Strongly Second This Motion.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
That and he would give you credit, all the peoples would love it. AnD AlL ThE GiRlz wOuLD be all like: "thank you!" nd' stuff.

Happy 100 Posts SqLeon

Hey, I have a problem with this. I try to remove Link's 2nd Sword, Sheath, Shield and it looks fine on BrawlBox but, when I try playing with it in Brawl, Brawl started to slow down a lot and Links face, 1st Sword wasn't showing even if I didn't delete it. A little help please.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have a problem with this. I try to remove Link's 2nd Sword, Sheath, Shield and it looks fine on BrawlBox but, when I try playing with it in Brawl, Brawl started to slow down a lot and Links face, 1st Sword wasn't showing even if I didn't delete it. A little help please.
This actually happened to me, too. But only sometimes.

Marios_shadow

Smash Rookie
I'd gladly try it myself, but I can't seem to get anything right... No matter what I delete, previewing the model in Brawlbox makes it crash. I tried multiple polygons on Mario, Luigi, and now Link.
I figured I was just doing something wrong, but I've now followed everything mentioned in this thread to a T.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Yeah, I tried deleting Links Master Sword and Hylian Shield with no dice. It almost worked in version 2.41, but his face messed up and shot rainbows all of the screen(It was actually awesome), but using the new version just causes crashes every time.

I'll just use Captain Falcons motion file to scale down the bones to 0.

Mit

Smash Ace
Is this supposed to work with stage MDL0's as well?

I just tried it on a Battlefield PAC. Only wanted to delete one polygon. Followed all instructions down to the letter, but whenever I try to preview the new mdl0, I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in BrawlBox, and it crashes.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey i don't think this works with stages very well i polygon removed some in a model i'm using for stage i'm making but when i try it ingame it freezes when it's loading the stage

pokelover980

Smash Ace
BrawlBox seems to crash every time I remove a polygon on anything! Needs fixing...bad!
It's not the program, you're probably doing something wrong. What polygon on what character/model are you trying to remove, and what do you enter into the program when you try to remove it?

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Is this supposed to work with stage MDL0's as well?

I just tried it on a Battlefield PAC. Only wanted to delete one polygon. Followed all instructions down to the letter, but whenever I try to preview the new mdl0, I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in BrawlBox, and it crashes.
Really? The only MDL0's I've got to work have been stages. It seems that stages seem to have less graphic errors, must have something to do with the animations. Keep on trying and good luck.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'm trying to remove the polygon for Link's chain mail (FitLink00_BodyM__FitLink00_FitLink_Inner). I followed all the directions, but when I preview the .mdl0, I get a big red X through the preview screen and BrawlBox crashes. It's important to note that I'm using a previously edited .mdl0 for Link that doesn't have his shield, pouches, straps, or 2nd sword.

EDIT: Just tried again. Still no success.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I'm trying to remove the polygon for Link's chain mail (FitLink00_BodyM__FitLink00_FitLink_Inner). I followed all the directions, but when I preview the .mdl0, I get a big red X through the preview screen and BrawlBox crashes. It's important to note that I'm using a previously edited .mdl0 for Link that doesn't have his shield, pouches, straps, or 2nd sword.

EDIT: Just tried again. Still no success.
sounds like you're trying to remove the vertices is that were you're getting the offsets from?

nerfispwnage243

Smash Cadet
So I have been trying to remove Marth's cape and a couple other things, and to my knowledge I'm doing everything right. Open FitMarth00.pcs and export model as "model.mdl0" into polygon folder. Then run the deleter and type in the offset and totallen stuff, and when it asks if I want to delete more I say yes, so I delete the ones I want to delete and I'm positive I entered the right numbers, so I exit the program, open it up in BBox, and it does the UNHANDLED EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED blah blah blah thing and if I continue, the model doesn't have the polygons I deleted but it also doesn't have most of the other ones. What am I doing wrong? It might just be v2.5 glitching, and I heard 2.2 is working great so if anyone has it still, could I have it? PM please?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
So I have been trying to remove Marth's cape and a couple other things, and to my knowledge I'm doing everything right. Open FitMarth00.pcs and export model as "model.mdl0" into polygon folder. Then run the deleter and type in the offset and totallen stuff, and when it asks if I want to delete more I say yes, so I delete the ones I want to delete and I'm positive I entered the right numbers, so I exit the program, open it up in BBox, and it does the UNHANDLED EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED blah blah blah thing and if I continue, the model doesn't have the polygons I deleted but it also doesn't have most of the other ones. What am I doing wrong? It might just be v2.5 glitching, and I heard 2.2 is working great so if anyone has it still, could I have it? PM please?
It is 2.5 glitching. Ill upload 2.2.
srry for the problems.

Edit: Uploaded v2.2, does it work?

note- the megaupload link is still 2.5

Top Bottom