• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Automatic Polygon Deleter A

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
PM, you could probably try to be more specific about your problem. Does the polygon edit only occur during an attack? Does it not appear at all?
It seems to be fine when I am still, walking, running, jumping, and doing attacks. The only time it glitches up is when my attack connects with an opponent. It seems to be... I will try to find more info.
Sorry for my nonspecific info. :laugh:

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, I don't need it, but pics and more info could help SqLeon make a better version of the polygon deleter.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
And lol, I thought of a great use for this and vertex editing. We can find a trophy we want, remove polygons until we get the part we need, and then vertex edit it until it looks proper. Then it can be model swapped with an article if the trophy has the proper number of bones(I think many articles only need around 4-8 bones, which matches quite a few trophies). That way custom articles can be made.
I was actually trying this right now, but for some reason it the program doesn't work for me. I exported the model to the same directory as the program, renamed it to model, and followed the rest of the steps exactly, but it appears unchanged in BrawlBox...

Help?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I was actually trying this right now, but for some reason it the program doesn't work for me. I exported the model to the same directory as the program, renamed it to model, and followed the rest of the steps exactly, but it appears unchanged in BrawlBox...

Help?
Which trophy are you using?

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Am i blind? where do i download this?
im going to search on google, but, shouldnt you inculde it in your post?

EDIT: i noticed your reply right above me, but why remove the dl? i want it sooo bad for my tuts man!

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
but SqLeon, why did you take it down?
You said because of some errors, but like, i could still use it, and have a chance of not getting those errors.
any chance you could put it back up? or PM me the old link if it is still valid?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
but SqLeon, why did you take it down?
You said because of some errors, but like, i could still use it, and have a chance of not getting those errors.
any chance you could put it back up? or PM me the old link if it is still valid?
It was a serious error and rendered it unusable. But I fixed it. I'm putting the download up again. Check OP for download.

v2.2

Fixed error and fixed problem of some Polygons not deleting.

Whoever uses it plz let me know if there are problems.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
this is very nice. its very convenient, but i can still hex it faster than this :p
I'll definitely use this for massive amounts of deleting (in stages and stuff like that) to keep millions of files piling up on my desktop
I havent had a problem yet with 2.2 :D

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, you are a hard worker! you just took it down earlier today, and now it is back up!
Great job man! I downloaded it, and am trying it now.

EDIT:

also, i cannot quite figure out how to work this program.
I go to brawlbox, export the mdl0 file
put that into the same folder as your program
run your program, then type the polygon#
then type the polygon number again?
then it says DONE!
now that polygon is gone?

thanks for the help in advance man!

p.s. i dont know if you know me, but i have a crap load of brawl modding tutorials, and as soon as i figure out how to work this, i will add it to my videos, and you will get quite a lot of publicity for your project!

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, you are a hard worker! you just took it down earlier today, and now it is back up!
Great job man! I downloaded it, and am trying it now.

EDIT:

also, i cannot quite figure out how to work this program.
I go to brawlbox, export the mdl0 file
put that into the same folder as your program
run your program, then type the polygon#
then type the polygon number again?
then it says DONE!
now that polygon is gone?

thanks for the help in advance man!

p.s. i dont know if you know me, but i have a crap load of brawl modding tutorials, and as soon as i figure out how to work this, i will add it to my videos, and you will get quite a lot of publicity for your project!
......??????????

after you export the mdl0, rename it to model(keep the extension the same). In Brawlbox, when you click on the polygon, on the right side it should show you the mdl0 offset and the total len. put those in when the it asks for them. It should show a bunch of dots before it says done. Then preview the mdl0 in BB to check if it's gone. if its not......post exactly what you did.( the larger the polygon the more dots.)

I do know you. I suspected the username wasnt a coincidence.I watched you video tutorials

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Cool! The new version let me delete Luigi's hat with no trouble in PSA. Maybe it'll work in game? I'll give it to BigShark now...

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
......??????????

after you export the mdl0, rename it to model(keep the extension the same). In Brawlbox, when you click on the polygon, on the right side it should show you the mdl0 offset and the total len. put those in when the it asks for them. It should show a bunch of dots before it says done. Then preview the mdl0 in BB to check if it's gone. if its not......post exactly what you did.( the larger the polygon the more dots.)

I do know you. I suspected the username wasnt a coincidence.I watched you video tutorials
aww! you watched them?!
kinda an honour for a person who MAKES software, to watch my tuts.
anyway, trying it now, thanks a million!

EDIT:
ok still doesnt work, maybe i am dense, but... whatever.

1) open fitpit00.pac
2) export pit model
3) save the model in the same folder as your program, named as "Model"
4) ran your program, input the offsets, and lens

(I tried the offsets WITH and WITHOUT the "-")

5) tried the two files, still had the polygons.

this is how i am doing it:

Md10 offsets of polygon?
-(Six digit number)
Total len of polygon?
(Four digit number)
................................................................................................................Done!

is that right? because it isnt working.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
aww! you watched them?!
kinda an honour for a person who MAKES software, to watch my tuts.
anyway, trying it now, thanks a million!

EDIT:
ok still doesnt work, maybe i am dense, but... whatever.

1) open fitpit00.pac
2) export pit model
3) save the model in the same folder as your program, named as "Model"
4) ran your program, input the offsets, and lens

(I tried the offsets WITH and WITHOUT the "-")

5) tried the two files, still had the polygons.

this is how i am doing it:

Md10 offsets of polygon?
-(Six digit number)
Total len of polygon?
(Four digit number)
................................................................................................................Done!

is that right? because it isnt working.
pm me the folder with the pac and model and program.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
52 through 56
(Pit's Wings)

im going to do the same thing for the tut, so if you could explain how you got it to work, that would be great thanks!
I'll try it now, will edit this post on results.

Edit:
It didnt work for me the first time but then I realized why. I was getting the mdl0 offset from the same file that the program was trying to delete the polygon from. So because the model was already open in BrawlBox, the deleter couldn't edit it. When obtaining the mdl0 offset and total len, get them from the original pcs file, not the exported mdl0 file.

check your messages btw.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Oh wow thanks man!
pit with no wings looks awesome, and is the most visual thing i could think of to showcase the power of your program.

earlier in the thread though, you said you could use this to ADD things to a model? from other characters?
could this be utilized to give Link Ike's shield?
thanks for all the help!

EDIT:
link to the tut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjjd5jwcWe4

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow thanks man!
pit with no wings looks awesome, and is the most visual thing i could think of to showcase the power of your program.

earlier in the thread though, you said you could use this to ADD things to a model? from other characters?
could this be utilized to give Link Ike's shield?
thanks for all the help!

EDIT:
link to the tut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjjd5jwcWe4
Thanks so much for making the tutorial! I'm gonna put that link in the first post.

I was thinking you could delete all of a model and then replace that model with the sword glow of the character. So someone could try deleting all of link except his shield. Then replace the mdl0 of Ike's sword glow and with link. Call the sword glow in psa and it should appear as links shield. Although it might go over the size limit.hmmmmmm. Trying it.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Alright! I got it working! I removed ToonLinks Sword, Grip, and Shield! SwordGrip and Sword are different polygons jsyk. :laugh: :chuckle: If anyone has hatless luigi with hair working, POST IT OR BE VANQUISHED.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks so much for making the tutorial! I'm gonna put that link in the first post.

I was thinking you could delete all of a model and then replace that model with the sword glow of the character. So someone could try deleting all of link except his shield. Then replace the mdl0 of Ike's sword glow and with link. Call the sword glow in psa and it should appear as links shield. Although it might go over the size limit.hmmmmmm. Trying it.
If anyone does this and deletes everything from Link but the shield, I could use that for my Zero PSA. So... please upload it if ya do!

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
when you say this deletes polygons, can I use it to delete like one little face of a model or does it only allow me to delete a whole object like link's sword. I want to use this to delete the part of marth's shirt that hangs below his belt, is that possible? with this program or at all?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Which trophy are you using?
Sorry it took so long. Ashnard, that guy on the dragon thing in the Fire Emblem trophy section. I'm trying to delete everything except that bigass sword he holds (The last two polygons) so that I can swap it with someone elses sword, etc. Which gives me an idea for an update, a way to delete multiple polygons. Perhaps you could have the program find polygon offsets by name, separated by ';', that way more than one could be typed and deleted in at a time. Just a suggestion. Anyway, it might work with the new version now, though, so I'll try.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work.:(

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Sorry it took so long. Ashnard, that guy on the dragon thing in the Fire Emblem trophy section. I'm trying to delete everything except that bigass sword he holds (The last two polygons) so that I can swap it with someone elses sword, etc. Which gives me an idea for an update, a way to delete multiple polygons. Perhaps you could have the program find polygon offsets by name, separated by ';', that way more than one could be typed and deleted in at a time. Just a suggestion. Anyway, it might work with the new version now, though, so I'll try.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work.:(
Watch wacka alpaca's tutorial and see if it works.
good idea.

when you say this deletes polygons, can I use it to delete like one little face of a model or does it only allow me to delete a whole object like link's sword. I want to use this to delete the part of marth's shirt that hangs below his belt, is that possible? with this program or at all?
Not with this program, mabey with vertex editing. Which you should somewhere if you go back to the main smash workshop list thing.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
New Version in OP:

Added ability to delete multiple polygons without having to reopen 50 bazillion times if your trying to delete multiple polygons.

Also, I could make it so that the model would not have to be exported, but the only problem is that it would only work for .pac's then. So, just wanted to know if anyone wanted that,i left it out.

Jys072595

Smash Rookie
This program is great, SQLeon, ^_^. Really good for me, since I'm lazy and hate Hex Editing, xD.

Any chance of a source release? C:

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
SqLeon, since your so cool and all, maybe you could PM me a REALLY breif description of how i would go about learning hex, like maybe give me 2 or 3 threads on the subject, and a example of what a hex to delete polygons would look like.
Thanks bro!

EDIT: also, in the first post you put "wacka alpaca" ... can you change it to "Wacka Alpaca"? thanks man!

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
SqLeon, since your so cool and all, maybe you could PM me a REALLY breif description of how i would go about learning hex, like maybe give me 2 or 3 threads on the subject, and a example of what a hex to delete polygons would look like.
Thanks bro!

EDIT: also, in the first post you put "wacka alpaca" ... can you change it to "Wacka Alpaca"? thanks man!
I'm extremely sorry about that.:( I fixed it. pm'd

This program is great, SQLeon, ^_^. Really good for me, since I'm lazy and hate Hex Editing, xD.

Any chance of a source release? C:
When I become lazy and uninterested in this.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Could someone upload this to another Website please? Media fires servers are full and it wont let me download it! DX

Top Bottom