• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4Wii U/3DS Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Discussion (New OP!)

FZ64

Smash Journeyman

Name: Fly Swatter
Universe: Mario
Debut: Mario Paint

A disembodied hand holding a fly swatter will appear on screen and will fly around 'swatting' opponents as if they were flies. Does abut 5% damage with little knockback.
what I giant disembodied hand,hmm so Master Hand finally comes out of his little home :3

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
what I giant disembodied hand,hmm so Master Hand finally comes out of his little home :3
Nah the hand will only be little, about the size of the average character. Maybe he can be Master Hand and Crazy Hand's baby.

Another idea:

Name: Mallow
Universe: Mario
Debut: Super Mario RPG

Do Square have this guy locked away in their copyright cupboard never to see the light of day too? Anyway, Mallow will appear on stage and begin crying (probably because he's sad about being owned by Squeenix) making the rain. The rain will last for a short while making the stage temporarily slippy making characters very prone to tripping. As well as making it rain Mallow will use his 'psychopath' ability which will show all the characters' thoughts by having a thought bubble appear above their heads. Each character will have their own different 'thought'.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think there should be Voltorb but he just appears as a pokeball you aint gotta release him..lol u dont know untill you pick the ball up he opens his eyes and shocks u lol...

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I think there should be Voltorb but he just appears as a pokeball you aint gotta release him..lol u dont know untill you pick the ball up he opens his eyes and shocks u lol...
That would be an epic "WOAH-BAHAHAHA" moment in a 4 player FFA with friends if that were to happen. :rotfl:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Could imagine if there were in depth custom options for items etc: had a really fun thought of a mini game set voltorb to appear 50/50 all pokeballs and take turns with your friend/family member 2P sudden death spawn with 300/ damage so if you unfortuntly pick a Voltorb its OHKO xD

Hahaha like 50/50 win or lose. EPIC.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Could imagine if there were in depth custom options for items etc: had a really fun thought of a mini game set voltorb to appear 50/50 all pokeballs and take turns with your friend/family member 2P sudden death spawn with 300/ damage so if you unfortuntly pick a Voltorb its OHKO xD

Hahaha like 50/50 win or lose. EPIC.
How about making an option that allows you to control the chances of a pokemon's appearance in a pokeball? As in you get to control what a pokemon's appearance chance % will be. A lot of minigames and epic games might occur due to this option.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
\

Name: Mallow
\
Do Square have this guy locked away in their copyright cupboard never to see the light of day too? \
Sadly, they do. Every character that debuted in Super Mario RPG is owned by Square.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not an AT or Poké Ball suggestion, but a question.

How would you feel if there was the option to turn on and off individual ATs or Pokémon?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

How would you feel if there was the option to turn on and off individual ATs or Pokémon?
Overjoyed that I could switch f*£king Goldeen off.

For third Parties I'll throw out some ideas for Megaman characters

Protoman

Upon picking up the trophy, an 8-bit protoman appears then vanishes. Then you hear his whistle and a full 3D Protoman teleports in. He runs about jumping and shooting and his shield reflets projectiles when he jumps.

Roll

Roll uses her bucket and broom to make parts of the stage have low traction and trip hazards. Because everyone likes tripping :chuckle:

Eddie/Fliptop

Eddie gives out a random Megaman item (look like 8-bit sprites) including a very rare 1-up that either gives and extra stock or +1 point depending on the mode.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Duck Hunt Dog

A large amount of 8-bit grass grows in the background and then the Dog starts walking in front of the grass and jumps behind it. It will then send out ducks to be shot down. The ducks will hit players along with the hunter's gun shots. When the time limit for the dog is up, it will rise up from behind the grass laughing at the players before it disappears.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103

I actually suggested that in another thread :p
Being able to access this idea will make SSB4 an even more enjoyable experiance because we can create custom mini-game using that feature.

For example: you switch AT to only Resseti appearing and switch PB to only Kyogre appearing. Which basically means that no one wants to grab an AT and that everyone should rush over to the PB. This can be really fun especially in 4-players FFA, and has many different ways of approach and creativity.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Phosphora will appear and say "Yes, You called?" She will then fly around the stage dropping lighting bolts on the other players for a few seconds before she deals the FINISHING BLOW!

The finishing blow will have a lot of knock back and can potentially kill depending how close you are to a edge or how much damage you have.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Kiddy Kong​
Kiddy Kong will appear with a squee. He'll be around DK's height and width. He'll also have three attacks.​
The first attack is Kiddy Kong jumping into the air and slamming the ground, ala DKC3. Anyone directly under him will suffer 30% damage and will fly upwards. Anyone near the general area (let's say, the length of 4 Marios standing about face) will be stunned (think the stun animation when Ganon roars during his final smash) and only suffer 10% damage. Kiddy Kong doesn't move either left or right during this attack.​
His second attacks, Kiddy Kong will curl up and roll. Kiddy Kong runs over be plowed into the ground as if they were struck by DK's side B move. This attack does 15%.​
His third attack is basically a grab. Kiddy Kong will grab the any player in range and throw them behind him. The throw itself does no damage, but it's fairly strong able to KO a light character at 50%​

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I want a new Fire Emblem assist. Perhaps Tiki, Sumia or even Priam. And if they wanted to, I wouldn't mind seeing some old school characters like Sigurd or Leif.
As far as Mario characters go, I'd like Waluigi to remain an assist. I think Cranky Kong might also make for a funny assist. He could be like Resetti, spouting nonsense.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to post this idea I thought of on YouTube.

I think a good idea is if they bring back all of the enemies from Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary Army as Assist Trophies but as their own unlockable Assist Trophy item called (Army Assist) and still have it set to where you can damage the enemies till they run out of HP.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I have a lot of new ideas, so here:

Tiki

The Manakete who aided Marth back in the day. She, as a Manakete, can turn into a dragon. She's also known as the Divine Dragon's Voice.

When summoned, Tiki raises her Dragonstone+ up in the air, and envelops herself in a flower. She shortly bursts out as a Dragon, and says, "I miss being in the heat of combat!" She then flies about, barfing out ice blasts to opponents. The blast can do one of three things: Freeze the opponent, bury/meteor smash the opponent, or deal high knockback. Tiki fires a total of 10 shots. She has a health meter, however. Once she takes the equivalent of 3 of Marth's charged B move, she falls down, and says, injured, "I-I'm sorry.. I must retreat... for now" and vanishes. If she doesn't lose her health, she spins in a loop afterward and says, "That was fun!" and vanishes.

Next is the SA-X, from Metroid Fusion.

The SA-X whom haunted Samus' latest mission. It takes the form of anything it infects.
When summoned, the yellow light swirls around until someone come close to it. Once they do, it leaps into the character. The character takes 2% damage every second the SA-X infects. While you cannot stop the infection, you can shorten it. Once the SA-X leaves, whether due to damage or time, it assumes the form of the person it infected. One thing to note is that the SA-X has very powerful attacks. A Pikachu SA-X's thunderjolt is about the same power of Snake's Up tilt. The SA-X is always very heavy, however. It does not understand how to effectively recover; it can only recover or jump by using the Up Special move. As well, the SA-X does this at random, so it may not even recover as it hurdles off the stage. The SA-X is also fairly heavy; about Ganon's weight. Because of this, it's recommended to lure the SA-X to the edge of the stage and launch it off. If the SA-X is knocked off the stage, it merely vanishes. If the time runs out, the SA-X will crumple into dust and vaporize.

Next, Vaati, the reoccuring antagonist of Toon Link.

Vaati, being an evil mastermind, attacks all players, regardless of who summons him. As a wind mage, he attacks with his various Tornadoes and small huricanes.
Vaati will do all of these attacks, making him a bit of a pseudo boss.
The first attack in Vaati's skill set is called the Ridley Rip-Off (Not really)
In this move, Vaati soars to one side of the stage and hurls a massive force of wind, forcing players off the stage or to run in the opposing direction in hopes of staying on.
Vaati's second attack is to swoop down and grab a player. Vaati then spins vigorously, and hurls the trapped player either downwards or to the side.
Vaati's third attack features the wind mage summoning spheres of wind. Vaati then hurdles downward, smashing the wind into the stage, causing collateral damage to unspspecting prey.
Vaati's final move involves Vaati shooting out multiple small tornadoes in all directions. They act like Gale Boomerangs that do not return.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rambi the Rhinoceros

Rambi appears as an Assist Trophy, but unlike most Assist Trophies, the player who released Rambi can ride on top of him, and even have full control over his movements.

If no one is riding on Rambi, he'll start charging around the battlefield, damaging opposing players within his range.

If a fighter is riding on Rambi, however, he/she can not only move Rambi around, but also jump with him. However, Rambi can't perform mid-air jumps. Also, simply coming into contact with an opponent will damage him/her. However, the fighter who's riding on Rambi can still take damage, and even be knocked off of Rambi if the attack's knockback is strong enough.

Rambi only stays on the battlefield for 30 seconds, and if anyone is riding on him, they'll dismount the instant that he disappears. Of course, anyone who rides on Rambi can dismount early by pressing the button that's used to grab opponents.

It should also be noted that fighters can only ride on Rambi if they're NOT under the effects of the Super Mushroom. Likewise, no one can ride on Rambi during a Giant Special Brawl, unless they're under the effects of the Poison Mushroom.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I think the 7 Koopa Kids should be an assist trophy....since none of them have a chance of being playable characters, due to the fact you can't have one without having all of them, and you obviously can't have them taking up seven slots in the roster. They have been completely absent from all previous Smash games except a quick mention in Bowser's trophy description in Melee, and a Ludwig Von Koopa sticker in Brawl. Now that they have had a big resurgence recently in the "New Super Mario Bros" series, I think it's very possible they could show up as an assist. You could easily have it involve all seven of them...they could be flying around in the Koopa Clown Copter like in "New Super Mario Bros. 2" and fire blasts from their magic wands.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
A Fatal Frame/Zero character:

Pretty much any of them would work, and though I have an obvious favourite (see avatar and signature), I feel the most sensible would be Rika Minazuki, given she's Nintendo exclusive.

Imagine her with an Antique Camera

So why some character from a genuinely creepy horror game? Because it's a Nintendo owned franchise!

Want more reason? Because it's about taking photos of ghosts, something perfect for the Wii U gamepad, but the series needs more support and advertising before they could invest that heavily into it again. Plus a Nintendo horror game would really help win over hardcore gaming media as well as get a bunch of Zero fans buying the console just for that game (I know a few who would, I'm sure there are more).

So, what would she do you might ask? Well she takes a photo with her Camera Obscura. She shuffles about slowly, with a run speed brawl's bowser could race, and when close to an enemy she does a charge shot, she holds still as the reticule around her fills up and then FLASH! An attack which does great damage and stuns the person hit if they're close enough and does a decent ammount of damage (no stun) even if further away, but fairly easy to dodge. A portion (say 50% of damage done) of the characters soul gets eaten up by the Camera Obscura onto the film and a picture slide out Polaroid stylee, any character that picks it up is healed by that amount. Can hit multiple people with the flash if people aren't careful.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Since you mentioned Pokemon, I could see this be an interesting prediction:

The 4 ? are the 6th Generation Pokemon. Eevee can randomly turn into one of it's Eeveeloutions and perform an attack based on the type

Some ideas from a 40 AT table I did recently.

Sorry, double post. But I will just ask, what are your thoughts on these 15?

I will post more later.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions as well.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Assist Trophies per series:
Megaman - Proto Man: You hear the trademark whistle. He teleports in. Shoots a few shots while jumping. Shoots out.
Xenoblade - Reyn: Yell out it's Reyn time an attacks his opponents.
Punchout - King Hippo - Appears and attacks in a straight line. before he attacks, he open his big mouth. if any of the opposing players hit him, the X on his stomache appears and you can knock him out before he can attack you. But if you don't stop, he just unleashes a fury on you.
Fire Emblem - Anna: Anna runs around stage attacking people. But her priority is to steal any items on the stage from all the players.

Assist Trophies per series:
Megaman - Proto Man: You hear the trademark whistle. He teleports in. Shoots a few shots while jumping. Shoots out.
Xenoblade - Reyn: Yell out it's Reyn time an attacks his opponents.
Punchout - King Hippo - Appears and attacks in a straight line. before he attacks, he open his big mouth. if any of the opposing players hit him, the X on his stomache appears and you can knock him out before he can attack you. But if you don't stop, he just unleashes a fury on you.
Fire Emblem - Anna: Anna runs around stage attacking people. But her priority is to steal any items on the stage from all the players.
That idea for Annai I could easily see working for Sothe as well since, you know, he is a thief.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
That idea for Annai I could easily see working for Sothe as well since, you know, he is a thief.
Yeah that's a great idea. I just pick Anna since she is a regularly appearing character in the franchise. But that would be great for Sothe.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Pokemon I want to appear (not just these, but these should be included):
-Scizor
-All the Eeveelutions
-Darkrai
-Mew
-Genesect
-Chandelure
-Cofagrigus
-Rotom
-Bisharp
-Machamp
-Fossil Pokemon
-Alakazam
-Gengar
-Dragonair
-Spiritomb
-Hydreigon
-Tyranitar
-Haxorus
-Salamence
-Steelix
-Kami Trio
-Gigalith
-Garchomp
-Eelektross
-Golem
-Meloetta
-Gyarados

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman

Great Tiger:
Magic Rush Attack OR a Blinking Jewel Combo.
Magic Rush will have him target an opponent and then make a clone of himself. While the clone is harmless, the real one does massive damage. The clone and real one switch places sometimes so it's important to watch him closely.
The Blinking Jewel Combo will start out with the Jewel on his turban flashing a combination of colors, and the combinations determine the attacks that follow, sort of like Marth's Dancing Slash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I would like to see...

Assist Trophies
Giygas: Giygas replaces the background of the stage and the giygas battle music plays. At random a message will pop up saying that giygas attempted to attack *character name* but they couldn't grasp the true form of the attack. This assist trophy does no damage but as a secret bonus each giygas "attack" adds to a counter towards an earthbound themed unlock (maybe the giygas theme playable during regular play)

Pokestar Prop (the blue smog creature): A prop from pokestar studios appears and causes havock on stage. It would either be the smog creature or the giant tyranitar robot.

Fawful: I've accepted he won't be playable. However I would like to see him as an assist trophy. He would use his flying machine to attack and would possibly bring midbus along with him.

Pokeballs
Cofahgrigus: Outreaches it's four hands. If any character touches him they become mummified and wrapped in bandages. This makes them move slower and more vulnerable to damage. If a mummified fighter physically touches another fighter they will also become mummified. Cofahgrigus seems like an absolutely perfect fight for smash battles.

I'll edit later with more ideas, it's already getting long.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Sandman from Punch-Out!! Wii.
He'll use his Dream Land Express: A rush of 3 power uppercuts. They do about 15% each. However, instead of dealing knockback, they will put the enemy to sleep if hit.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
'
Nintendo's Ice Hockey

Similar to how the Excite Bike AT works, 8 Hockey Players spawn and start skating around until they fall off stage.
Their sizes (light, mid, heavy) are random and they simply bump into ppl;
Light - Fast but weak.
Med - Average speed and power.
Heavy - Slow but powerful.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord

ASSIST TROPHY: FAWFUL
Fawful would be another Resetti-like assist trophy. He wouldn't particularly benefit anybody - he'd just appear onscreen and start rambling on and on...
His rant would appear in a giant text box at the bottom of the screen. He'd talk in his usual Fawfully way - he'd brag about how he could beat everybody, he'd mock certain characters by using ridiculous metaphors... occasionally he'd fire a few shots with his laser gun in the middle of his speech, which can damage players.
Not only that, but his theme would be playing the entire time!

ASSIST TROPHY: MAGNUS
Magnus would be an intelligent fighter assist trophy, similar to Isaac or Little Mac, for example.
He'd run around the screen attacking everybody with his massive sword. (except for the person who summoned him). His sword would do immense damage. He'd be able to be attacked but would be incredibly hard to kill. He would be on screen for about 12 seconds.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Pokemon - Chandelure: As soon as it appears, Chandelure will create a moderate-sized suction field and all players inside the field (Including the one who summoned it) will give him soul energy for the 5 seconds it charges up. The soul-sucking doesn't actually hurt the players, it just powers up Chandelure. Once it's done charging, Chandelure will rise up a little from where it was and start burning the soul energy inside...after two seconds, it finally bursts and uses Inferno to create a fiery explosion that will vary in size, color and damage/knockback with charge, the least powerful being the yellow explosion, the middle one being red and the most powerful one being purplish-blue.

Special Mention - Giratina: If Spear Pillar comes back, it'd be nice to replace Cresselia and represent one of the best Pokemon games ever (Platinum) at the same time. Giratina would emerge from a portal and the sky in the background would look way more like the Distortion World, the Arceus figure in the moon shifting to one of a glaring Darkrai. Giratina would ocassionally thrash around the stage in his Origin Forme, also able to dissapear and use Shadow Force againist the leading player, a slight delay in the move to make it avoidable.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Bald Bull

When summoned by an Assist Trophy, Bald Bull will prepare to execute his infamous Bull Charge. The attack packs a huge punch, often resulting in quick KOs, but if it doesn't KO, opponents would still be sent flying great distances.
As long as little mac is playable this is extremly possible

The new Zelda Assist Trophy gotta be Cuccos! To get an idea of what Cuccos can do, watch this and this and this! They are perfect for Smash! It'd be hilarious to see a bunch of chickens peck everyone to death. :laugh:
I would love it if this happened butmake sure its temporary and i would make it a help no one assist trophy just like devil and the puppy

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
not a pokemon, but a pokemon idea (sorry if this has already been said, i skimmed)
what if pokemon had a certain chance to appear, then undergo mega evolution?
have your foes would tremble in fear of mega garchomp/blaziken/mawile/etc. ):D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Overjoyed that I could switch f*£king Goldeen off.

For third Parties I'll throw out some ideas for Megaman characters

Protoman

Upon picking up the trophy, an 8-bit protoman appears then vanishes. Then you hear his whistle and a full 3D Protoman teleports in. He runs about jumping and shooting and his shield reflets projectiles when he jumps.

Roll

Roll uses her bucket and broom to make parts of the stage have low traction and trip hazards. Because everyone likes tripping :chuckle:

Eddie/Fliptop

Eddie gives out a random Megaman item (look like 8-bit sprites) including a very rare 1-up that either gives and extra stock or +1 point depending on the mode.
Start one at a time

Phrotoman good job i like

Roll one problem unless he kept the banana peel tripping part of tripping sakurai removed tripping so thats a peoblem with this description

Eddie i would just make a few random items and at least 1 is a rare item/legendary pokemon/assist trophy but i do like the idea of an extremly rare momment of a 1-up in stock mode

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

List of Assist Trophies AEM and I put together. Without a doubt, this is one of the sexiest group of Assist Trophies and you know it.

One of our personal favorites is being able to pick up and toss Omochao at fighters as he screams for you to let go.

Top Bottom