• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4Wii U/3DS Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Discussion (New OP!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I really want
as a playable character, but an AT would be cool. Especially if you can turn up certain AT's chances of appearing. Hmm: Everything but Bub 0%, Bub 100%. He would spray random bubbles and they would all do different effects. I can think of two kinds right now.
Regular bubble: Much like what the bubbles did to mario in galaxy 1 and 2, only they pop immediately after going below the platform, this is favourable for vertical recoveries, but could, in fact, prove fatal for a recovery like meta-knight's. Other than with Yoshi and Popo without Nana, it disables the second-jump. it does 5% for every second he's in the bubble.
Electric bubble: Bub blows 6 sets of bubbles the height of the screen, then pops them sending shocks across the screen. This video kind of says how it would work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzelOqjk6oU each bolt would do 10%.
Sonic for Hire Mario: What the ****'s a Bubble Bobble.

Anyways, I agree with Cobalsh and it would be possible if Konami or Taito is involved.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Here's an idea:

Cobalion
Uses Sacred Sword and slashes the nearest opponent, similar to Lyn's AT.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
If not characters Skull Kid and Groose would be great from zelda.
The koopalings would be cool too. Like they all pop out but only one sticks behind to do something.
And pretty much any character that doesnt become playable, but is debated to be playable.

splat

Smash Lord
Some of my ideas for Pokéball Pokémon:

Whismur - Hyper Voice
Whismur screams, letting out vocal shockwaves that hurt the summoner's opponents, in a similar but weaker version of Donkey Kong's final smash.

Plusle and Minun - Assist
Either of the two can pop up out of the Pokéball, and when that happens the second jumps in from the background. Both of them jump around a bit, letting out tiny sparks. When the two are close, the sparks connect, creating an electric field the size of Pikachu's final smash.

Ninjask - Agility
Taking the role of Beedrill, Unown and Latios/Latias in previous games, Ninjask flies across the screen. His speed increases continually, until he flies off screen.

Rotom - Substitute
Rotom flies towards the nearest item to him, and possesses it. For the duration of Rotom being on screen, that item is used as if a character is using it (the Super Scope would fire off shots, the Beam Sword would swing arount etc.). Thrown items, like Bob-ombs or Pokéballs can not be possessed.

Lake trio - Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf - Extrasensory
Either of the three can pop out of a Pokéball, and when that happens the other two fly on screen. Each of the three faces a different direction - Uxie upwards, Mesprit to the bottom right and Azelf to the bottom left. Their eyes glow gold, and a rainbow-colored beam is launched from the gems on their head, effectively creating an upside-down Y of pain.

Darkrai - Dark Void
Darkrai levitates upwards a tiny bit and creates an orb around him. Any of the summoner's opponents that are in that orb will fall asleep, and get dealt a certain percentage every second they're asleep.

Excadrill - Earthquake
Venusaur, Metagross and now Excadrill fit the role of the Earthquake Pokémon. Excadrill digs in the ground for a tiny bit, until his bottom half is buried, and then shakes the stage. This has the same hitbox size as Metagross in Brawl. If Excadrill is summoned on a fall-through platform, he'll move down towards the nearest solid platform.

Cofa grigus - Destiny Bond
Cofa grigus flails his arms around, and when his hands connect with any of the summoner's opponents, they are held in place for a while.
On a sidenote: this Pokémon has the unluckiest name ever. It is censored everywhere.

Here's how I'd like to see the list of Pokémon in Smash 4:
Generation 1: Electrode, Meowth, Snorlax, Magikarp (using SmasherMaster's idea).
Generation 2: Bellossom, Chikorita, Scizor, Togepi, Wobbuffet; Ho-oh, Lugia.
Generation 3: Gulpin, Ninjask, Plusle/Minun, Torchic, Gulpin; Groudon, Kyogre.
Generation 4: Bonsly, Piplup, Rotom, Stunky, Weavile; Darkrai, Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf.
Generation 5: Cofa grigus, Excadrill, Haxorus (also in this thread), Musharna, Zoroark; Reshiram, Zekrom.
Little Legendaries: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Victini (all of these act like in Brawl).

Every region gets three legendaries, one of which their little legendary. Exception being Kanto, where I hope Mewtwo will be playable (and I didn't want to use any of the birds).
Every region gets seven Pokéball Pokémon, except for Kanto, which gets only four, as it has a lot of playable Pokémon so this seemed fair.
I tried to use Pokémon which I thought represented their region pretty well.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wow! Splat! Those are incredible! I especially like Rotom, very new and original.
I like the idea of
myself. He puts the nearest pokemon to sleep and then uses dream eater or nightmare. Dream eater deals half of the damage (so it only deals 40%) but replenishes the summoner's health and leaves the unlucky opponent with a flower on their head. Nightmare deals 80% and leaves the poor opponent stunned as if using up all of his shield time.
Thoughts?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Next for AT:

Skull Kid
As an ultimate AT, he causes the moon to fall, KO-ing all but the user, unless they're off-stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
if not as a playable character, why not the Black Knight?

you know, this guy.

he could unleash his Eclipse move, doing a combo of four attacks each giving 10% damage and finishing of with a 50% dealing blow with massive knockback (think Marth's FS, but even more powerful). see it here.

he could also do his pose he does before initating a fight in RD as soon as he's summoned and then proceed to the attack.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Noice, noice.
Next for me:

Pigma Dengar
Flys by in a Wolfen, and starts shooting. Shots do 12% damage, and he disappears in 15 seconds. Coming near him will cause him to barrell roll, and will stop his timer. Rolling does 24%.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Next for AT:
Skull Kid
As an ultimate AT, he causes the moon to fall, KO-ing all but the user, unless they're off-stage.
Yeah, I want Dewgong as a pokéball Pokémon. It will use sheer cold and will result in 1-hit-KO on all opponents. It'll be impossible to dodge, since it uses calm mind just prior to sheer cold.

ThisGuy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0146-8807-8499
If Taito is involved then I'd like to see Iron Fossil from Darius

When it appears the warning sound from Darius (the first one) will play and Iron Fossil will fly around using its various attacks (from DARIUSBURST). It will say WARNING!! A HUGE BATTLE SHIP IRON FOSSIL IS APPROACHING FAST before the giant tuna appears.

BULLET SPIT = 3-5% DAMAGE per hit
SCALE RELEASE = 3% DAMAGE per scale
ENEMY SPAWN = 8% DAMAGE per enemy
BURST LASER = DAMAGE VARIES depending on when you make contact with the laser
This will give you all a good idea of how it attackshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7JUS6MfQ8M
After using the BURST LASER it will disappear.

By the way, I know its a coelacanth but i call it a tuna as an insult and that's what I thought it was when I was 7.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Some of my ideas for Pokéball Pokémon:

Cofa grigus - Destiny Bond
Cofa grigus flails his arms around, and when his hands connect with any of the summoner's opponents, they are held in place for a while.
On a sidenote: this Pokémon has the unluckiest name ever. It is censored everywhere.
I had the idea of Cofa-grigus grabbing a nearby enemy, put them in the coffin, dissapear and do some damage to that person, then re-appear somewhere else on the map to throw them out.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think there'll be an Audino which regenerates like 50% of the energy of the characters around him
Don't you think that's a bit much? Maybe 30%, or a KO for anyone over 70%.
Next is a Pokeball:

Stoutland
Body Slam's the nearest opponent, doing about 40% damage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
one thing I noticed regarding Poké Ball Pokémon in Smash is the lack of Ghost types, which is one of my favorite types alongside Dark. that said, the following suggestions will involve Ghost type Pokémon.

CHANDELURE

As a Ghost and Fire type Pokémon, it could use Will-o-Wisp, a move almost exclusive to these two types so it fits it nicely. Upon call, Chandelure uses this move and shoots a blue fire ball. This fireball follows a random opponent, damaging every other foe in its path with low damage (around 2-5%) and little knockback (not enough to KO at 100%), however, upon touching the opponent it seeks, it will explode dealing around 10-15% damage, with medium knockback that can KO at 120%+ damage. If the opponent manages to stay away from this peculiar projectile, it will eventually fade away along with Chandelure itself. Not useful on large stages, but deadly on smaller ones.

HAUNTER

Part of the only Ghost type evolution chain in the original Red / Blue, Ol' Haunter is a Ghost and Poison type Pokémon. Its signature move is Lick. As soon as it emerges from the Poké Ball, Haunter starts laughing and floats around the stage. When it spots a foe, it begins laughing and starts to follow him/her, and once close enough, it sticks the tongue out and licks the foe for 3-5% damage and stunning him (like what happens with broken shields) if the foe is in the ground or dealing moderate knockback if in midair. After the attack, Haunter laughs once more and begins floating around the stage again, repeating the process until it eventually vanishes like the other Poké Ball Pokémon or Assist Trophies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bouffalant

When released from a Poke Ball, Bouffalant will execute Head Charge, and start ramming anyone who's in its way. The attack sends players flying at a 45 degree angle, and delivers decent damage as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Swoobat

When released from a Poke Ball, Swoobat will fly towards the nearest opponent and use Heart Stamp. While Heart Stamp doesn't deliver any knockback, the impact of the attack will leave the target temporarily immobilized. The more damage the target has, the longer the immobilization will last. The attack itself is relatively weak in power.

Litwick

When released from a Poke Ball, Litwick will follow the closest opponent. That opponent will take 1% damage for every two seconds that Litwick is around. Litwick will also change its targets at will, referencing the hot potato games; whoever has Litwick will be seeing his/her damage increase. After 30 seconds have passed, Litwick will use Overheat, and the unlucky opponent that Litwick is following will take heavy damage.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I really want her as an AT. I think she's much more iconic and interesting than Waluigi.

Birdo

I know some of you want her playable but I feel she would be a great AT. She moves about on the stage like other AT and she does two things.

One is her classic eggshot. She'll shoot a series of eggs that fly in a straight line. They fly off the screen unless they hit a barrier and vanish. These eggs can do damage but they can also be jumped on and ridden. They can also be picked up and thrown. Occasionally she'll shoot a fire ball which does massive damage.

Next is her kissing attack. If an opponent gets near her she'll chase them and hug them giving them a series of kisses which does damage. Then it will do a short knock back (% does not effect the distance) and the person will get up stunned similar to a shield break.

AT/Pokemon List
Eggplant Wizard
Birdo
"she" should also drop a goat statue like she did in her surprise appearance in sticker star

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Not sure if it would be eligible, but they had the music in Brawl, but an Assist with the Tetris Blocks would be cool. Give the thrower control of them as you try to squash the opponents. If you line them up, you regain a small portion of health.

Avocado14

Smash Cadet

Diddy Kong - does one of two things
1. Fires his peanut popgun at a random opponent in rapid succession, dealing 3% each hit
2. Flings banana peels in all directions and then vanishes. This will cause tripping, however, Diddy Kong may fling entire bananas, which heal 6% damage each if eaten.

I know this is unlikely, but I'd prefer Diddy Kong to cut to be make room for Bowser Jr. and / or King K. Rool.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
^

Wow, I'd boycott Smash 4 if that happened. Sakurai would've then gone too far with "trolling and doing what he likes." At least Diddy made it in Brawl even if Starfy didn't.

But it's bit uncommon to find someone who wants to see Diddy replaced.

Slim_X

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4425-1928-1952
Starlow, she makes numerous stars fall from the sky but two are unlike the othees, they do massive explosive damage on impact.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nabbit
[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

When summoned from an Assist Trophy, Nabbit will simply run off, fleeing from any players who are nearby. Players can attack Nabbit, and by doing that, it'll drop items for the players to use. After taking a certain number of hits though, Nabbit will disappear. Nabbit is completely harmless to the players, so it's useless for offensive purposes.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Nabbit
[collapse=Image]
[/collapse]

When summoned from an Assist Trophy, Nabbit will simply run off, fleeing from any players who are nearby. Players can attack Nabbit, and by doing that, it'll drop items for the players to use. After taking a certain number of hits though, Nabbit will disappear. Nabbit is completely harmless to the players, so it's useless for offensive purposes.
What if at the same time he runs to steal the item already present in the game field?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Not sure who/what would best fit the role, but I'd love to see a pokemon or an AT create some sort of trippy effect causing everyone to dance on stage. Funky music would also start to play. Kinda like the effect from the Groovitron from Ratchet and Clank. Maybe you can even control the dance moves! Yeah it's ridiculous I know, but I love ridiculous/wacky things like the Nintendog. But in the end, I just really want to see everyone dance somehow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bronzong

When summoned from a Poke Ball, Bronzong will execute Trick Room. The effects of this move completely reverses every fighter's speed attributes, making the slower fighters move faster, and the faster fighters move slower; basically, for someone like Sonic, who has the best running speed, he'd have the worst running speed while Trick Room is active. The effects of Trick Room only last for 30 seconds, however.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I'd really like to see Trick Room in Smash! But why did you choose Bronzong?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I could understand. 4th gen didn't get many PB reps. As far as I know, they only got Piplup, Munchlax, and Bonsly.
I could be forgeting someone, though.

Top Bottom