• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My biggest gripe with the leak, is for the life of me I can't think of a position that someone would be in to know that a pokemon from x and y was going to be in it, and can name every other character by name but not Greninja or even a brief description of him.

"pokemon from x and y" was too open ended and vague to trust him at this point in time.
True, but there are alot of people who don't know about gen 6 pokemon, and I know I probably would not have thought to describe him to get the message across.

And there might be a reason he didn't give an actual name for Villager, maybe he didn't actually know it.

When trying to say a name for him prior to E3, what would you have called him?
I would have called him Animal Crossing Boy or guy thats for sure.
The same could be said about Wii Fit Trainer and Chorus Men, only he got Wii Fit Trainer correct. these characters are either from unknown games (kinda) or don't really have names. It could explain some of it.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
the thing with a fighter called Chorus men would they be like the ice climbers as a group because you wont be allowed to change between them because no more transformations.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if the leak is legit what is there heavy hitters that you should save toward e3? I believe they made a mistake with showing megaman first now is the time you want to hype the game the most

Shroob

Sup?
if the leak is legit what is there heavy hitters that you should save toward e3? I believe they made a mistake with showing megaman first now is the time you want to hype the game the most
Palutena is a huge fan favorite, Pac-Man is popular despite what people say, and if we get X information, Shulk would be a huge drop in my personal opinion.

D

Deleted member

Not on my main computer now, but here's something to back up my claim on the "Chorus Men".
When I'm on my main computer, I'll get a better image of Game & Wario's Japanese credits (the Chorus Kids made a cameo).

コーラスメン

kō ra su me n
Chorus Men

Now can we put the thought of "Chorus Men" being Marshal to rest and accept that "Chorus Men" REALLY IS "Chorus Men"?

EDIT: And to prove "Chorus Men" and "Chorus Kids" are the same, here's the English version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
My biggest gripe with the leak, is for the life of me I can't think of a position that someone would be in to know that a pokemon from x and y was going to be in it, and can name every other character by name but not Greninja or even a brief description of him.

"pokemon from x and y" was too open ended and vague to trust him at this point in time.
As someone who doesn't put much into the leak outside of "maybe", it's not outside the realm of possibility.

1. "Animal Crossing Guy" is not an actual name either, so obviously Sal's source didn't see the character names themselves.

2. It is EXTREMELY easy to recognize a Pokemon, and what game it is from, and not remember their name.

3. It is also extremely easy to simply not care about looking up what the actual name for something is and to just say "pokemon from x & y"

The issue lies in not describing it. Could be intentional, but there's no real reason to be vague. But it's entirely possible it was hand-me-down or old info too. As in, going further back than just Sal's source.

Sal said the source gives him info when he wants to. Seemingly just before events. The source could've been sitting on "XY Pokemon" for any amount of time, including a point where which one wasn't decided, implying that whatever roster list the source has could be old (explaining no Rosalina, and dates being wrong).

But this is entirely speculation, primarily grasping at reasons to explain it. It's still entirely possible though. It's not that unbelievable.

tl;dr - It's not impossible for someone to not know and be too lazy to look it up. It's also not impossible that the info is old and it literally was just "XY Pokemon" that the leaker knew and they themselves never updated their own info before giving it to Sal.

That said, I don't have feelings on this either way. So before someone tries shouting that I'm trying to justify a leak for myself, I'm not. I'm just giving possibilities.

Now can we put the thought of "Chorus Men" being Marshal to rest and accept that "Chorus Men" REALLY IS "Chorus Men"?
I think the main reason people are sticking with it being wrong is because of things like "pokemon from x & y" and "Animal Crossing guy".

So possibilities range from "men" being a typo by the leaker up to the leaker not knowing what they're talking about in the first place.

There's also the fact that, if Ice Climbers were such a big deal to Sakurai as being hard to put into the 3DS version, it is extremely hard to swallow that a trio would be in the game. So people like to think that the source is simply mistaken in their wording. Not that "Marshal" is "Chorus Men/Kids" in Rhythm Heaven.

Last edited:

Touma

Smash Rookie
"and the following characters will also appear:" Is that the same as saying the Chorus Men are actually playable characters? They can appear (and would make more sense) as an Assist Trophy. Maybe they reenact part of the Glee Club minigame and anyone who gets 'caught' in their voice will get hurt. (Think DK's Final Smash).

I really can't see one, let alone all three Chorus Men appearing as playable characters. Sure, they could use a moveset based off of various Rhythm Heaven games but still, out of every unlikely character I really just can not even imagine them fighting.

BTW from someone who actually has played and is a fan of the Rhythm Heaven series, Marshal is NOT a Chorus Man. He's just a.. well.. *cough*whateverspeciesthechrousmenaresupposedtobe*cough*

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i just went back and took a look at the "Xplizit" leak and well allow me to post his bullet points

post #1
  • There is an interesting new game mode which has not been revealed
  • An unexpected character returns
  • The character roster is quite different from those predicted or "leaked"
  • It releases much sooner than expected
  • There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer
  • There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")

post #2
  • Keep in mind that there is not a hint in every trailer and there can be multiple hints per trailer as well
  • Some of you are already on the right track
  • As for the secret characters, unfortunately, I can't reveal any more details about them yet
  • I will try to give more details about the game at least once a week

now back then(febuary) this was dismissed as being too vauge but he managed to get smashrun and the summer release (for the 3ds version) right.

so as was said back in febuary "time to watch the trailers for the 100th time"

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I suppose it is very possible he didn't mean those all he mentioned would be playable. I Think, was there anything specific about that said?

Oh I wonder what the rage would be if Shulk was in. As a Assist Trophy.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Considering that five characters on those lists that were announced turned out to be playable, I don't know why he would put in an AT there.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Warning Received
so i just went back and took a look at the "Xplizit" leak and well allow me to post his bullet points

post #1
  • There is an interesting new game mode which has not been revealed
  • An unexpected character returns
  • The character roster is quite different from those predicted or "leaked"
  • It releases much sooner than expected
  • There is a character hinted at in almost every trailer, even in the E3 trailer and I mean a different character for each trailer
  • There are indeed secret characters that won't be revealed until the game releases (there are also a couple characters I have seen few predict or "leak")
post #2
  • Keep in mind that there is not a hint in every trailer and there can be multiple hints per trailer as well
  • Some of you are already on the right track
  • As for the secret characters, unfortunately, I can't reveal any more details about them yet
  • I will try to give more details about the game at least once a week
now back then(febuary) this was dismissed as being too vauge but he managed to get smashrun and the summer release (for the 3ds version) right.

so as was said back in febuary "time to watch the trailers for the 100th time"
PAC MAN IN THE CLOUDS!!!

Sorry for double post, going by what the guy said, perhaps we can look at the following places for hints.

Original Trailer: Little Mac was probably the one hinted in this with the boxing ring
Megaman: Is the cliff area from anything? And does the pattern on top of Links sheild look like its similar to something else, it reminds me of the shoulder guard Chrom had but I'm probably wrong. Also it looks like Links eyerings are Green? there looks like there is something on the right most mountain right before it zooms in on megaman. I would also try and look for patterns on the moon.
Wii Fit Trainer: Tree hinting at Sceptile? whats the name of the pose she sends people flying with? Also Link slips up could mean something
Rosalina & Luma: Not a character but it could be a hint at Rainbow Road. Also I would look for Star constellations and other patterns. I think I might see Capt. Falcon before it zooms in on launch star?
Little Mac: Look at the posters, Sandbags in this as well and there is his arcade machine. possible Sherrif?
Greninja: PacMan in the clouds.

I'm looking way to deep into this.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
You are. Absolutely NONE of the trailers hinted at any other newcomer.
Honestly, you'd think from the clouds people would learn.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You are. Absolutely NONE of the trailers hinted at any other newcomer.
Honestly, you'd think from the clouds people would learn.
ya your probobly right Its not like the boxing ring in the e3 trailer had anything to do with little mac or anything:troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
ya your probobly right Its not like the boxing ring in the e3 trailer had anything to do with little mac or anything:troll:
That may be the ONLY hint in your list (minus Rainbow Road, which isn't a character) that isn't a huge stretch.

I seriously doubt the Punch-Out arcade cabinet in Mac's trailer is hinting at Sheriff, after all.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Like Poppy, the only hint that isn't a huge stretch.
The rest of the trailers though, hint at nothing.

peachy!

super princess
I’m sure Sakurai could come up with a moveset for the Chorus Kids and make us love them. I think of them as Smash’s version of Toro from PlayStation All-Stars.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I really do hope that the official roster gets leaked. It's not lot they are going to build up any more hype for the Wii U version since they decided to release the 3DS version first.
I don't want it to get leaked. I will stay away from the internet smash related until I unlock all............though sal's leak of those characters after e3 is what I expect anyway, apart from those white things.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
PAC MAN IN THE CLOUDS!!!
yes I seen him too.

but I hope this leak is wrong, "unexpected character" seems a lot to me as snake. though it could be lucas or wolf(somehow people expect him gone....lol).

and of course there is a wii u exlusve mode too.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
][-p];[-]p[']-/];/]-[/-;/]-]-[]'][/][]p
if there is a leak saying so and so will be revealed at e3, and they don't include pacman, It will be pretty safe to say its fake.

Luigi player

Smash Master
So if the Sal and the RosalinaX leaks are true... then we have 46 or 47 characters in the roster, meaning 1-2 are still up in the air.

46 or 47 because you could see PT (therefore Squirtle+Ivysaur) as one, or you could see Squirlte and Ivy as two (cuts).

So that means not all hope is lost in regards to K. Rool or Mewtwo... or Dixie.

I also find it interesting that RosalinaX said "He said 48 characters for smash ( it could change )". So they could have increased the roster a little...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
That may be the ONLY hint in your list (minus Rainbow Road, which isn't a character) that isn't a huge stretch.

I seriously doubt the Punch-Out arcade cabinet in Mac's trailer is hinting at Sheriff, after all.
on the one hand you may be right but on the other hand *puts on my best mgr raiden impresssion* That wasnt my list

Italian_Boy1Up

Smash Rookie
The hints in each trailer could be true. The E3 trailer hinted at Little Mac...I mean they were fighting on his stage, and it was a hint a lot of people caught onto as well (after all, it was a pretty safe bet).

I personally feel the Direct had lots of hints. I mean, the Palutanea was obviously a shot from Sakurai about the leak. Whether or not that makes the leak true, remains to be seen. There were also other subtle hints, such as Samurai Goro giving Captain Falcon a good chance at returning and Wario Ware Assist Trophies giving Wario a good shot as well. I know those are characters everyone assumes will return, but there are still "hints" placed in the direct anyway.

I'd also like to point out, a lot of people have been giving the Sal leak a pass, despite it being wrong about the E3 reveal of Pacman and Mii. (Pardon me if I have that information incorrect). However, we have other leaks that are considered dead that only missed dates as well. For example, I believe we have a dead leak that has been killed, simply because it had the incorrect reveal date for Diddy. We could apply the same argument here that the leaker "knew" details about the game, just simply had picked the wrong reveal date. There could be dozens of reasons why they had the wrong reveal date, but the fact still remains that the leak itself could still be good.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Warning Received
Isn't that just like the Ice Climbers?
No, With Nana, she has a cpu that simply imitates you and acts independently when separated. I'm talking like when separated they don't try and get back together because they still act exactly how you tell them to.

The hints in each trailer could be true. The E3 trailer hinted at Little Mac...I mean they were fighting on his stage, and it was a hint a lot of people caught onto as well (after all, it was a pretty safe bet).

I personally feel the Direct had lots of hints. I mean, the Palutanea was obviously a shot from Sakurai about the leak. Whether or not that makes the leak true, remains to be seen. There were also other subtle hints, such as Samurai Goro giving Captain Falcon a good chance at returning and Wario Ware Assist Trophies giving Wario a good shot as well. I know those are characters everyone assumes will return, but there are still "hints" placed in the direct anyway.

I'd also like to point out, a lot of people have been giving the Sal leak a pass, despite it being wrong about the E3 reveal of Pacman and Mii. (Pardon me if I have that information incorrect). However, we have other leaks that are considered dead that only missed dates as well. For example, I believe we have a dead leak that has been killed, simply because it had the incorrect reveal date for Diddy. We could apply the same argument here that the leaker "knew" details about the game, just simply had picked the wrong reveal date. There could be dozens of reasons why they had the wrong reveal date, but the fact still remains that the leak itself could still be good.
How many of those leaks had Greninja or any gen 6 pokemon on it?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
what was incorrect if it's just that they were not shown at e3, that don't mean much
Missing the E3 reveals matters a lot, as his failure tells us that the leaker's information was incomplete or inaccurate in some way. Hence, my belief that the leaker himself has a source.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
No, With Nana, she has a cpu that simply imitates you and acts independently when separated. I'm talking like when separated they don't try and get back together because they still act exactly how you tell them to.
So, Ice Climbers, but not as good.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
People were begging Sal to speak for himself. Sal speaks for himself, hardly anyone comments on it. The thing I don't get is why people go out great lengths, letting emotion get in the way of the "leak", and slandering others for things like this. It's pretty childish, imo. If you believe a leak, you do and if you don't, you don't.

The guy gave his side, so I think the assumptions on what Sal hoped to achieve by making things up, or being "false" should stop. What reason does he have to be making this up, to generate site traffic? Sure, but if he leads on multitudes of people, and ends up being wrong, he's aware that people are going to send him messages from everywhere getting all up in his face about how "wrong" he was.

So I think we just need to let that part go.

Anyways, Sal's leak seems believable to me. I mean he has not been wrong yet. And his second Smash leak post made it seem like the E3 predictions were just general Smash 4 predictions, gives it more credence if you ask me.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The E3 predictions were specifically predictions for E3 reveals. We can explain the failure of Pac, Mii, and Little Mac to materialize at E3 any way we want, but the leaker predicted E3 reveals.

Last edited:

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
The E3 predictions were specifically predictions for E3 reveals. We can explain the failure of Pac, Mii, and Little Mac to materialize at E3 any way we want, but the leaker predicted E3 reveals.
What I mean is that, the info he got was probably that Villager, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii are in the game. He just posted them as "unlikely predictions" in that board to see how far it gets. After that, it is revealed that in E3 that 3 of them were playable, having him accept his source as a credible one. This gives the general assumption that the other two are still in.

So again, he was tipped off on the 6 characters in the game in general, posted them as predictions, but only 3 of them were scheduled to be there for E3. After those 3 were revealed, he announced that it was information that he previously got. In his 2nd post he states that they're still on the way, so it just adds to the fact that he received the information of Pac/Mac/Mii along with the others, and didn't know when they were scheduled.

Essentially, the leak wasn't that they were supposed to be at E3, it was that they are in the game. So he "predicted" it at first and went from there.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
According to Sal, the leaker was very explicit that Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Mii would be revealed at E3 "barring impromptu change". If the leaker just knew that they would be in the game, he could have said so.

We shouldn't twist the facts to help the validity of the leak.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Oh my God, seriously so many of you guys are so pathetic. So dead set on disproving this leak or that leak. "Oh according to the bylaws of leaking E3 blah blah blah." I'm done with this thread. Fools I tell you, you're fools and I can't take it anymore. A suggestion before I go: Ease up. Relax. Take everything with a grain of salt. The minute one of you starts talking like you know what's going through someone else's mind you already look like an imbecile. You guys aren't discussing leaks, you're driving them into the ground using made up logic and bias. Normally I'd wish that the leak you guys dismiss the most turns out to be true just so you'll learn a lesson, but that doesn't work with you morons. You didn't learn with Melee, you didn't learn with Brawl and you won't learn with 4. This is obviously not directed to every single person on this thread. Some of you have good ideas and worthwhile thoughts. If you're upset or offended by this post, then you're exactly who I'm talking about. Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom