• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't know if Waluigi being confirmed as an Assist Trophy today gives more credibility to the ErenJager leak...
Well, since that was the most likely thing to happen with Waluigi, no.
My bets on 65% (or more) of Smash speculators thought this was going to happen
It just means it's not deconfirmed, which is better than some.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know if i am correct but it seems this de confirms any mario characters after rosalina, i could be wrong, but i will be skeptical of future rumors with extra mario reps.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know if i am correct but it seems this de confirms any mario characters after rosalina, i could be wrong, but i will be skeptical of future rumors with extra mario reps.
You never know how Sakurai's brain works so for all we know he has Bowser Jr and a Purple Toad lined up so we'll have to wait.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You never know how Sakurai's brain works so for all we know he has Bowser Jr and a Purple Toad lined up so we'll have to wait.
True, the way he stated it made me think he was almost playable but then put back to assist trophey status.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i just re read the op leaks.....why is the wiiluvu leak still alive "only character from the forbidden 7 being worked on is dixie kong" and then goes on to say "mewtwo might not return" this implies they are working on mewtwo aswell (for thoes not in the know mewtwo(along with roy and doc mario) was in the forbbiden 7

or has this been covered?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I don't really remember seeing anything about walugi in anything. Maybe 1 or 2 with him as a character. I don't think any one thought walugi wouldn't be an assist trophy. Any leak with him as one shouldn't be regarded any higher than before.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't really remember seeing anything about walugi in anything. Maybe 1 or 2 with him as a character. I don't think any one thought walugi wouldn't be an assist trophy. Any leak with him as one shouldn't be regarded any higher than before.
He was possible before roasalina but if anything bowser jr. is in but that's about it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ashley's thumb is separated too. Palutena only has her thumb separated too. I just don't see how any of this helps confirm or deconfirm anything about that leak
I dunno, Lady Palutena's fingers look separate to me.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Waluigi was never a frontrunner as a Mario rep, so while we're not likely to get another his deconfirmation doesn't do much to affect the others' chances.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Waluigi was never a frontrunner as a Mario rep, so while we're not likely to get another his deconfirmation doesn't do much to affect the others' chances.
I know i am just saying it sounds like he was almost playable based on how sakurai worded it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nah, I'd disagree. Nothing about Sakurai's wording implies that he was ever seriously considering Waluigi as a playable character.
That last line: Sometimes no matter how hard you try you can't be in smash bros seems to imply it

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That last line: Sometimes no matter how hard you try you can't be in smash bros seems to imply it
This tall, thin, evil-looking guy seems to be Luigi's rival. He works hard at his mischief: Waluigi reportedly spent a lot of time training for his debut in Mario Tennis by honing his ability to antagonize the Mario brothers. While it's general knowledge that he's the same age as Luigi, his relationship to Wario is unclear.
I think he was referring to his mischief. :V
But let's get back to more leaks, which do you want to discuss.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
We're getting off topic again.

Okay so Waluigi revealed as a trophy, that only kills like 1 or 2 leaks, don't make mountains out of mole hills people ;)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I look at the live leaks, and am disappointed. I need my King K. Rool. And none of them mention him as a playable. I think I'm going to be disappointed again. :(

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
The only thing waluigi confirms is that anyone who's an assist trophy is deconfirmed as a playable character. "Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character." that should finally stomp out the hopeful dreams of anyone still wanting skullkid or nintendogs as playable characters, however unfortunate that seems.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I've been lurking this thread too often- i'm getting ads for Huggies with leak protection XD

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only thing waluigi confirms is that anyone who's an assist trophy is deconfirmed as a playable character. "Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character." that should finally stomp out the hopeful dreams of anyone still wanting skullkid or nintendogs as playable characters, however unfortunate that seems.
Nintendog would have been a great WTF character. I am hoping for someone like cooking mama as one instead. It's possible which is why i wonder why rumors don't have her more often.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendog would have been a great WTF character. I am hoping for someone like cooking mama as one instead. It's possible which is why i wonder why rumors don't have her more often.
She's third party I'm afraid. Heck, she's got a Facebook game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
She's third party I'm afraid. Heck, she's got a Facebook game.
A facebook game lol. Ok then, i will have see who a perfect WTF character would be.

Edit: I just found the perfect one to go with R.O.B., Monita! That acctually be really cool.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Does anybody buy into the idea of Chrom & Lucina as a viable addition? InfiniteGTX was the first to claim that, and his leak was debunked back in August when we didn't see a Pokemon rep.

Since then there's been a few leaks making the same claim. It just doesn't make sense.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I look at the live leaks, and am disappointed. I need my King K. Rool. And none of them mention him as a playable. I think I'm going to be disappointed again. :(
Be happy that it's likely none of them are the real deal.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does anybody buy into the idea of Chrom & Lucina as a viable addition? InfiniteGTX was the first to claim that, and his leak was debunked back in August when we didn't see a Pokemon rep.

Since then there's been a few leaks making the same claim. It just doesn't make sense.
I think that it will be only one of them. I think the duo thing is just a chain reaction type thing bought on by the fake leaks.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The duo thing makes some sense in that FE:Awakening's big thing was how you could place units together and they'd both attack at once or take the blows for each other.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Chrom & Lucina are a definite possibility due to the popularity of both and the inherent "pair up" tag mechanic of Awakening. I doubt that they'll be included as a tag, but it's possible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't think many rumors had listed Waluigi as a playable character. So there's not many we can add to the de-confirmed list. Unlike the Little Mac reveal, which socked the **** out of 90% of the leak surrounding the game at the time, since we all saw Diddy Kong coming. But he ended up being shown for the US release of Tropical Freeze anyway.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The Sound Guy Leak still sounds true...to me. I believe that when he stated Diddy would be the next reveal as of Feb 2, he actually could have meant "the next Veteran revealed", so as to say THIS SOUND GUY may just not have been specific enough when typing in the information. Everyone does not type so literally so he more than likely did not think to say Little Mac's reveal before Diddy (Veteran character) did NOT count as LM is a "Newcomer" character, but at the same time Sakurai could have changed something, in terms of scheduling, too. Sound Guy did confirm Waluigi as an AT way back when, so that is something...

Just seems to me that The Sound Guy leak is still the realest dead leak...Sakurai knows all the leaks or most that have been put out there so of course he would try purposely to disprove them all, but Sound Guy probably DOES know some things. The way this leak is written has more than meets the eye in it than the rest imo.

All he needed to do was just say, "Diddy will be the next Veteran revealed as of Feb. 2", but since he did not say that little, minor, possibly overlooked, hair-thin detail, we don't believe it. I think its still more valid than we all think..The only mistake I see in this leak as of yet, is the fact that he was too GENERAL by saying, NEXT CHARACTER...not NEXT VETERAN...big deal...also Sakurai COULD just switch up when ANY Newcomer will be revealed so as to ruin any and all leaks..

HAIL TO THE KING!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom