• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I understand what you mean, but what people are forgetting that is VERY important to remember is that Toon Link is the same Link as Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass' Link. The conductor is an entirely separate Link from Spirit Tracks.
The only thing that's relevant is that they're all toon versions of Link, which makes them all a version of Toon Link regardless if they're the same or different entities.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
If palutena's gets revealed it's not because of the leak, nintendo will ignore this leak like they do all there leaks

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that's relevant is that they're all toon versions of Link, which makes them all a version of Toon Link regardless if they're the same or different entities.
I know they are all technically "Toon Links." I was saying that it really would not have been a problem even if conductor Link stayed on the train when Toon Link was in play even if we were concerned with Smash Bros. being canonical.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Inb4 tomorrow we get an announcement for KIUprisingHD along with palutena
Oh god... I would love that!!! If for the Wii U, then I hope the controls are friendlier to left-handed players with the Game Pad. It's got two analog sticks... so I could move Pit around with the right stick, shoot stuff with the right side shoulder button, and my left hand is aiming with the stylus in the touch screen.

And the idea of seeing Uprising in HD... oh god... they already looked good on the 3DS screen... but I imagine they would be vastly improved... and the online multiplayer mode would be awesome too... probably is what the Wii U needs...

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Pretty sure this picture is going in favor of Palutena , Palutena's hair in the leak looked more like the Brawl version than the Uprising version , and in this picture the Palutena statue's hair seems more like the way it is in Brawl/the leak .

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not to mention the Boxing "Wrestling" Ring. I'm just waiting for the ****ing Gangplank Galleon to be teased.
It is not a wrestling ring. Boxing rings typically have four ropes which is what the stage has... Wrestling rings typically have three ropes which is not what the stage has. Oh, and we cannot even do lariats like wrestlers do.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It is not a wrestling ring. Boxing rings typically have four ropes which is what the stage has... Wrestling rings typically have three ropes which is not what the stage has. Oh, and we cannot even do lariats like wrestlers do.
It was mostly in reference to being able to jump on the ropes, which threw a couple of people off.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Sakurai posted this image because he saw "Mr Predictions" boasting about Shulk being next and also saw the Palutena "leak"

So he decided to smack two birds with one stone.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When Palutena gets revealed and she looks exactly like the leak on 3DS...

I have this video prepared for some of you...

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
The only thing makes me uncomfortable is the belt buckle hanging off her shield. Why does her less detailed statue share this and not her playable model? Oh well, I guess as someone said earlier, there are differences like this even in the 3DS version of the statue. Not to mention that could have been a beta pic. Hope this is preparing us for a Palutena reveal.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The only thing makes me uncomfortable is the belt buckle hanging off her shield. Why does her less detailed statue share this and not her playable model? Oh well, I guess as someone said earlier, there are differences like this even in the 3DS version of the statue. Not to mention that could have been a beta pic. Hope this is preparing us for a Palutena reveal.
The rope's purpose is for something for Palutena to hold on to her shield. The statue is sort of just sitting there, while in the leaked images she IS in combat, so.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
The rope's purpose is for something for Palutena to hold on to her shield. The statue is sort of just sitting there, while in the leaked images she IS in combat, so.
Oh, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up, took a second to understand. Hoping for the best in regards to Palutena.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I see the image of a Kid Icarus stage with Palutena's statue. I still think just because there is a statue of her does not entirely rule her out as a playable character just yet.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
"GoldenYuiitusin, post: 16270991, member: 173373"]According to "Mr. Prediction", the Kid Icarus Wii U stage was Underworld.
......today's pic clearly does not take place in Underworld......
So I guess that the Predictions claims are debunked?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So now the Goddess of Light watches over the arena while an enemy from Samus' past might appear soon.

.....My head hurts.
I just realized this and had to laugh out loud. And then there's the Boxing Ring. :troll:

This man must had made a contract with the devil to get this ultimate power of trolling.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I guess that the Predictions claims are debunked?
Considering he said THE not a Kid Icaurs Stage so that he never gave himself any wiggle room, I'd say so.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
The statue has the chain hanging from her shield. The leak pictures do not.

Also, they sport different charms.

Anyone see any other differences between the models?

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Found this on GameFAQs, not sure if anybody has posted this yet. I found this hilarious.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
The thing about the statue is that A. the model could have been changed since the leaked pic was taken and B. the statue and the actual Palutena probably use different models.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm just sort of in the camp where today's picture doesn't add anything more for or against the Palutena. I know there will be alot of overanaylzing it in that regards but I don't think it actually means anything directly, at least not based on current information.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nice that palutena statue helps the rumor picture be real even more because that statue and the leak picture body works look identical

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
What makes me think this supports it is Sakurai said "the Goddess of light," while he could have said, "the Goddess of light, Palutena."

Very minute but it subtly suggests he doesn't want to speak her name. I feel if he did there would be more reason to doubt it. Then again, he doesn't even say what stage it is, he just labels it "one of the stages."

Given how Rosalina was hinted at with a stage, and that Villager, WFT and Megaman all have stages for themselves, I feel it's a strong induction to say that this could be hers.

But like Samus and Pyrosphere, it could just be Pit's stage.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What makes me think this supports it is Sakurai said "the Goddess of light," while he could have said, "the Goddess of light, Palutena."

Very minute but it subtly suggests he doesn't want to speak her name. I feel if he did there would be more reason to doubt it. Then again, he doesn't even say what stage it is, he just labels it "one of the stages."

Given how Rosalina was hinted at with a stage, and that Villager, WFT and Megaman all have stages for themselves, I feel it's a strong induction to say that this could be hers.

But like Samus and Pyrosphere, it could just be Pit's stage.
Pyrosphere is still not confirmed as Samus' stage though.

Other than that I agree, intentionally avoiding the name, as he also did with Ridley, is nothing but a big tease.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

Other than that I agree, intentionally avoiding the name, as he also did with Ridley, is nothing but a big tease.
imagine on the day of a nintendo direct sakurai posts a pic of bowser and donkey kong on pyrosphere with the caption "what was that noise hope it doesn't interfer with the nintendo direct"

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

This is the statue and arena from uprising.

Key things to note. Her face in this uprising statue image CLEARLY resembles the uprising Palutena.

Looking at the new statue, you see one of the biggest differences is her face.....which is IDENTICAL to the leak Palutena.
Both statues dont have charms, and have minor differences compared to their physical model.
I don't know how else to spell it out, this is 100% evidence that the leak was real.

EDIT: Also notice the staff: The staff in the uprising statue matches her in game staff
The PotD staff matches the leak perfectly.......

Now let me ask you a question, why would Sakurai change the staff and face, if this was meant to be an adaptation of Palutenas Uprising statue?

There is no reason to change her face and staff......unless you were to do so to reflect the current games model.

My statement holds.

Now for the cross examinations.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy

I think you misunderstood. I just mean it's not confirmed either way to be Samus', we just know it's a Metroid stage. And given Samus is the only confirmed Metroid character currently, we'd assume it's her stage for the time being.

But I agree with you on the whole teasing thing. If he knows (and I'm sure he does) that it's a controversial topic with MANY hardcore fans, I don't think he'd tease like that.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Sakurai, why must you taunt us Palutena supporters like this?

Also I'd like to point out that the leak was on 3DS, while this PotD is Wii U, so differences are going to be there. Also the general statue argument thing.

In any case, if Sakurai pulls a "Psych! She's an Assist Trophy!" bit, well, I'll simply say, "Go home Sakurai, just go home."

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

The only thing incorrect is the staff length so this may be a reL leak and another good old help for ridley

And senselessbreak is right the statue and the the leak models have the same face

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I can't give my opinions on it just yet, but this new pic of the day is certainly interesting.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
OK so stuff to note here:

1. First off just so no one takes this as definitive proof of ANYTHING character wise: It's just a statue this neither confirms or deconfirms a character, character statues have appeared in arenas before, its JUST a statue!!!

However...
2. Characters appearing in backgrounds have been shown to become playable with Toon Link/Alfonzo... is this happening again here??? again doesnt even have to because its just a statue but still could.
3. That face...THAT FACE, looks a LOT like the leak models face to me.
4. Yes the clothing (belt etc..) is slightly off but this is a WiiU pic NOT a 3DS pic like the leak so the models SHOULD be different.

So now we KNOW for a fact that characters may leave the background of stages when they are unlocked and we have a stage with a palutena statue in the background (which sakurai says is "the goddess of light" watching over the arena). Seems to me some of the most likely "leaked" characters have this going for them already: Palutena = this stage, Little Mac = Boxing Ring Stage, Mii = Pilotwings Stage... and not a character that shows up on any of the credible leaks but you could throw Ridley in there with the Pyrosphere stage.

exciting stuff and sakurai knows how to keep us guessing!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There has been no word so I'm imaging not likely, I more image news in Feburary at this point.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am pretty solidly convinced that Palutena is in the game. The face of the statue matches the professional looking model leaked on the 3DS. Very interesting. Maybe more information is on the way.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

This is the statue and arena from uprising.

Key things to note. Her face in this uprising statue image CLEARLY resembles the uprising Palutena.

Looking at the new statue, you see one of the biggest differences is her face.....which is IDENTICAL to the leak Palutena.
Both statues dont have charms, and have minor differences compared to their physical model.
I don't know how else to spell it out, this is 100% evidence that the leak was real.
Still though there are differences between the statue and the leak. So you're saying because they're different its true? THE STAFF MAN THE STAFF. Maybe they just shortened it for gameplay, thats what I thought when I saw the leak for the first time. I don't know what you guys mean by the faces look the same. Can someone post a close up of her face please? I think of all things it would be hardest to tell that the faces look the same. I would guess that nintendo uses the same models for statues and characters just to save time and energy. The same thing goes for design purposes between the Wii U and 3ds versions. assuming that the design of the statue is the same as the Wii U version and the Wii U version is the same as the 3ds version then its obvious that the leak is fake. But if you think that they would spend the time making a different Palutena as a statue and another as a character than this statue pic really doesn't do anything. In regards to the Rob pic, that rob was meant to be an easter egg not a feature of a stage. The Rob on the stage looks like his bottom half is shooting up from a building. An easter egg is something I would expect a different model for. But then you could argue that adding things doesn't take a lot of time and blah blah blah. The leak looks legit if you're describing it correctly. Personally though despite claiming several times that the leak is fake you've swayed my opinion from FAKE to well it depends on how you look at it. So good job your hard work and analyzing skills payed off!;)

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Still though there are differences between the statue and the leak. So you're saying because they're different its true? THE STAFF MAN THE STAFF. Maybe they just shortened it for gameplay, thats what I thought when I saw the leak for the first time. I don't know what you guys mean by the faces look the same. Can someone post a close up of her face please? I think of all things it would be hardest to tell that the faces look the same. I would guess that nintendo uses the same models for statues and characters just to save time and energy. The same thing goes for design purposes between the Wii U and 3ds versions. assuming that the design of the statue is the same as the Wii U version and the Wii U version is the same as the 3ds version then its obvious that the leak is fake. But if you think that they would spend the time making a different Palutena as a statue and another as a character than this statue pic really doesn't do anything. In regards to the Rob pic, that rob was meant to be an easter egg not a feature of a stage. The Rob on the stage looks like his bottom half is shooting up from a building. An easter egg is something I would expect a different model for. But then you could argue that adding things doesn't take a lot of time and blah blah blah. The leak looks legit if you're describing it correctly. Personally though despite claiming several times that the leak is fake you've swayed my opinion from FAKE to well it depends on how you look at it. So good job your hard work and analyzing skills payed off!;)
The Uprising statue is a lot different from the actual uprising palutena, but is inspired by it. Yes nintendo made different models for the statue and character. This further confirms its authenticity, as the leak shares much inspiration, while still having notable differences. To say otherwise means that Palutena was never in Uprising, as her statue deconfirmed her appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom