• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
I doubt we'll get any newcomer tomorrow if that's what people are assuming. If there were to be a Nintendo Direct happening, it would have been announced by now. I'm still rooting for Ice Climbers as a veteran reveal though.

Luckily February isn't that far away and that's when we're bound to get a Direct or sorts anyway.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Palutena definitely wins today.
But I wouldn't expect a reveal tomorrow, but if it does, then well, I can live with it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
.I believe a Nintendo meeting has been announced to happen and that it will be subbed and shown tomorrow.

Slim chance that something might be revealed there.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Don't know about tomorrow, but I do hope Nintendo has some sort of meeting soon at least. If not for clarification on Smash, at least some news on Mario Kart 8 would be nice.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Plot Twist: the Palutena statue is a diversion in order to hide the fact that Ridley will be the stage hazard of the Kid Icarus stage.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I've been following the thread for a while, and maybe I missed it, but I still do not know the original source of the claimed Palutuna leak.

Where did it come from? Maybe I'm a fool, but I'm personally inclined to believe the veracity of the pictures. At this point all I really want to know is if the leaker/source can potentially provide us with more fodder

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Perhaps I'm odd, but I am actually totally all for a surprise Pokemon character announcement. Not to tie in with any particular product, but for absolutely no other reason than to troll all of us. I feel like the announcement of a Pokemon character might also put an end to alot of the "leaks". Plus Pikachu looks a little lonely by himself as it stands now.
tumblr_lq2u0cmb2s1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Just going to repost my feelings on the prediction guy. Not sure if that was him on gamefaqs who came clean but either way I'm confident that I can say I was right on the money.

Because he wants attention. He has already planned what will happen once his predictions are revealed to be false -- if that can be said. Three options here: He will disappear without saying a word. He will say his source was wrong or things changed ... but the most likely, the one I'd bet on, is he will make a post about how easy it was to fool the Smash community and how out of hand the predictions have become -- and this was just a social experiment or some other BS (like I just wanted to make things interesting since there was no news guys!!) to hide the fact that he's a narcissist who seeks attention.

Every legitimate smash leaker that we have ever had (with this much info) DOES NOT STAY and answer questions like this. They say a few things and leave lest the Nintendo ninjas come after them or lest their identity or their source's identity be found out. Because he's staying so long, and chatting with a bunch of people I can only assume that he feeds off this type of attention. The thread is already over 20 pages and people are asking him all sorts of questions. He loves it. If he didn't like all the attention then why not just post this stuff and send it to some gaming website? Give them some credible information to show you're a legitimate leaker instead of doing an 20+ pg AMA on gamefaqs. It's ridiculous.

My guess is he's probably from Smashboards and he's probably reading this thread.

Morbi

Scavenger
Nobody should have believed Mr. Prediction from the very beginning based on the notion that he had another Pokemon Trainer on his roster. I said it day 1, and I guess I am saying it on the final day. :awesome:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I doubt we'll get any newcomer tomorrow if that's what people are assuming. If there were to be a Nintendo Direct happening, it would have been announced by now. I'm still rooting for Ice Climbers as a veteran reveal though.

Luckily February isn't that far away and that's when we're bound to get a Direct or sorts anyway.
Yea I know probably no newcomer but the ice climbers could be revealed tomorrow for the ice climbers anniversary after all ice climbers is part of the bundle of first ever nes games

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
since there hasn't been a revealed newcomer after e3 besides roselina, there's not much of a reference point to create a pattern, however, rosalina did have quite the gap of non-character updates before she was revealed

peach -sep 12
-13 days
TLink -sep 26
-5 days
sonic- oct 1
-37 days
marth -nov 7
-41 days
NEW rosalina -dec 18
-8 days
zelda -dec 26
-14 days
dedede -jan 9
-20 so far

anyways, sakurai will always reveal a multiple of 3 characters before a new character. Why? because the website's formatted for newcomers to have a banner among the characters which fills the whole length 3 returning characters take up. Hence, either we're seeing palutena (or another character) before any other character announcements, or we'll have to wait til 3 more are announced.

it's been a couple days since a character was announced...

EDIT: wait... wasn't marth announced before rosalina, I guess he changed the order of banners

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
What with the (rather obvious) reveal of Mr. Prediction's tomfoolery, and Sakurai's continuation of trollutena, it is the most appropriate of times to watch this.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
What makes me think this supports it is Sakurai said "the Goddess of light," while he could have said, "the Goddess of light, Palutena."

Very minute but it subtly suggests he doesn't want to speak her name. I feel if he did there would be more reason to doubt it. Then again, he doesn't even say what stage it is, he just labels it "one of the stages."
I guess Sakurai is trying be very careful with he writes.

VermilionBird

Smash Cadet
So tomorrow, its speculated that either Shulk, Palutena or Ice Climbers will be revealed
I doth heartily look forward to this.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So tomorrow, its speculated that either Shulk, Palutena or Ice Climbers will be revealed
I doth heartily look forward to this.
I predict none! Hoping I'm wrong, but I doubt they would reveal anyone because of the serious atmosphere it sounds like they're going to have (If the meeting even happens at all, it's never been confirmed)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you guys are to continue the discussion and prediction of Miiverse pics, please do it here. This thread is for the discussion of rumors and leaks.

sorasin

Smash Apprentice
If you guys are to continue the discussion and prediction of Miiverse pics, please do it here. This thread is for the discussion of rumors and leaks.
Until today Palutena was nothing more but a leak/rumor and didn't have much to do with Miiverse. Also the idea that a new character (maybe Palutena, but also possibly Shulk) will be announced tomorrow is based on a potential leak from GameFaqs.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
I suppose I'll dig something out of the barrel then.

Some peoples reasoning as to why the Palutena leak I fake, I don't know, make of it what you will.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Until today Palutena was nothing more but a leak/rumor and didn't have much to do with Miiverse. Also the idea that a new character (maybe Palutena, but also possibly Shulk) will be announced tomorrow is based on a potential leak from GameFaqs.
I wasn't referring to every single post preceding mine.

Some peoples reasoning as to why the Palutena leak I fake, I don't know, make of it what you will.
Nothing to dismiss the leak for, she could be holding it such as here

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to be that guy, but don't you think discussing the Miiverse update in relation to the Palutena leak is okay? Or is it too dissimilar to discussing the Viridi Miiverse update in relation to the Palutena leak?

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman

Could be fake. But two things:

1. That's a statue. Statues are often different than playable character models. See WW and the statue of link vs. his real model.
2. That's the DS version. Notice Link in the 3DS Smash is totally different than the Wii U link. So this statue could actually look closer to Palutena's Wii U model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom