• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So what if there's a few differences on the statue?I'm very much skeptical about the leak,but even I can understand that they could easily of made the statue different just because.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Also the statue isn't in colour, so it's no the same case as Toon Link, if Palutena is on stage I don't think you're going to confuse a giant statue for little PaluPalu.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This statue sort of made me think of conductor link.

I don't think it dis-confirms or confirms anything, But if anything, Palutena is very likely going to be the next character revealed

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
I was a firm believer of the Palutena leaks before, but this did it for me...

#TeamReal.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This statue sort of made me think of conductor link.

I don't think it dis-confirms or confirms anything, But if anything, Palutena is very likely going to be the next character revealed
This whole Palutena thing just makes me think that it will take longer to get Palutena. I mean its like he revealed a character without actually revealing it so just do another one. I feel like it will be one of the many unanswered questions we get from the daily pics like the whole Phantom Assist trophy thing. Or the mario galaxy stage when Kirby was on it like 2 months before it was announced. If zero suit samus is coming back. Because we saw the Final smash just no zero suit samus after. idk so many stuffs that he does is just... Someone start a Smash Bros 4 Unanswered questions thread!!!

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
While Sak
Lemme just place this here people

Edit: Might I point out there's no dangly bits on the statute there as well?
no one is saying that Palutena is not in, just that the "leak" was (edit) probably fake.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
While Sak

no one is saying that Palutena is not in, just that the "leak" was (edit) probably fake.
The fact that the charms aren't on the statues in Uprising should be enough to suggest that the they wouldn't be on the statue in Smash either.

Leak could still be real.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
are we really saying the leak fake based on a statue really?
Well we are not saying that its not not true or not fake without the possibility of not having the other one. not really though. well maybe... but its definitely not one of those or either.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ironically enough, it has been a week since the Palutena leak was first posted.

This is just... so coincidental haha.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Statues of Bowser in a Bowser Castle in Mario Kart? BOWSER NOT IN THE ROSTER.

Statues of Rosalina in a Rosalina course? ROSALINA NOT IN ROSTER. THAT PLAYABLE CHARACTER IS A FAKE.

Statues of Toad? You get the point.

Use your damn brain before you use your fingers peeps.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That statue kinda supports and provides evidence against the leak all at the same time. Some things are the same between the leak and the statue that aren't in the KI: U model, but some stuff is different. I don't have a definitive position on what's really going on here, but I will point out this. Kid Icarus now has stages on both Wii U and 3DS; the only other series to have that are Mario, Animal Crossing, and Zelda which are far larger franchises than Kid Icarus. Heck, Pokemon, Kirby, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong so far don't have any stages at all. While Sakurai's favoritism toward another game he worked on is definitely a part of it, it may not be the whole story.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Statues of Bowser in a Bowser Castle in Mario Kart? BOWSER NOT IN THE ROSTER.

Statues of Rosalina in a Rosalina course? ROSALINA NOT IN ROSTER. THAT PLAYABLE CHARACTER IS A FAKE.

Statues of Toad? You get the point.

Use your damn brain before you use your fingers peeps.
No one is saying Palutena is deconfirmed from the game. Just that it gives reason to think that the Palutena LEAK could be fake.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't there a statue of Palutena on the Skyworld stage in Brawl too?
Didn't stop her from being in Pit's Final Smash.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If the lack of ribbons are being considered evidence for a fake leak, then one must also consider that the faces on the statue and the leak are identical.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Does this make it safe to discard all the "Kid Icarus's Wii U Stage is the Underworld" rumors?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
That statue kinda supports and provides evidence against the leak all at the same time. Some things are the same between the leak and the statue that aren't in the KI: U model, but some stuff is different. I don't have a definitive position on what's really going on here, but I will point out this. Kid Icarus now has stages on both Wii U and 3DS; the only other series to have that are Mario, Animal Crossing, and Zelda which are far larger franchises than Kid Icarus. Heck, Pokemon, Kirby, Star Fox, and Donkey Kong so far don't have any stages at all. While Sakurai's favoritism toward another game he worked on is definitely a part of it, it may not be the whole story.
Inb4 tomorrow we get an announcement for KIUprisingHD along with palutena

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
You guys realize that a statue is a statue. People could make a statue of me right now and it wouldn't deconfirm me as a human being. I still exist. I don't see why Palutena can't fight on a stage with a statue of herself. The only problem was moving "breathing" characters in the BG and Toon Link has showed us even that doesn't even matter

D

Deleted member

So now the Goddess of Light watches over the arena while an enemy from Samus' past might appear soon.

.....My head hurts.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This does not affect Palutena's chances if you ask me.

Now to take a bit of my Palutena-hype out of storage, leaving the rest with the Ridley-hype that's been collecting a bit of dust since quite a few Pyrosphere pictures ago.

Whether the alleged leak is real or not, Sakurai is surely aware of it by now—especially since people have been tweeting it to him, lol—and this is his way to acknowledge the Palutena Fever. Of course he leaves it just ambiguous enough to rattle our cages!

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Mr Prediction: "Did I say Shulk? sorry I meant Palutena"
He could also make the argument that Palutena's reveal was moved up because of the leak.

But i'm pretty sure this stage being revealed contradicted one of his previous "predictions", so w/e.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Most Directs are announced at approximately 6:00 am PST, and take place 24 hours later.

I think there's a HUGE chance we'll get an announcement in less than 7 hours from now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So now the Goddess of Light watches over the arena while an enemy from Samus' past might appear soon.

.....My head hurts.
Truly, the man is a master of his troll craft.

However, he could have even just been referring to the statue as a "she". So it might be more specific than that, even.

And now my head hurts. God damn it Sakurai, just reveal her already.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna say, predictor had Master Hand on his list... MASTER HAND. His last character reveal was basically telling people they had been had.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

.....My head hurts.
Not to mention the Boxing "Wrestling" Ring. I'm just waiting for the ****ing Gangplank Galleon to be teased.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
You guys realize that a statue is a statue. People could make a statue of me right now and it wouldn't deconfirm me as a human being. I still exist. I don't see why Palutena can't fight on a stage with a statue of herself. The only problem was moving "breathing" characters in the BG and Toon Link has showed us even that doesn't even matter
I understand what you mean, but what people are forgetting that is VERY important to remember is that Toon Link is the same Link as Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass' Link. The conductor is an entirely seperate Link from Spirit Tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom