• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It does make me wonder how close the game is to beta testing though with the 2 year mark being in about a month. The first real leaks for Brawl were in October of 2007, roughly a month and half before the game was originally supposed to be released. Nintendo might take a different approach this time around though seeing how much information was leaked for Pokemon X and Y and keep beta testing within the company.

Kel

Smash Master
Because being of one nationality instantly means you only speak that language and nothing else. And there totally aren't people from English speaking countries who move to Japan to possibly get a job at Nintendo.
The issue isn't that we don't believe that someone has the ability to speak both high level Japanese and English, the issue is that they are writing perfectly legible English essays with common English mistakes/ no second language mistakes/ using English-exclusive names (such as pokemon names).

The "leakers" that aren't friends of people with Namco claim to be Japanese and preface their statements with "sorry if I used incorrect words" and then continue to have the issues I listed above.

I work for a Japanese company and have done so for years. I have lived in Japan. I read Sakurai's twitter for updates (yes, in Japanese). I have NEVER met anyone that was Japanese that could speak both languages perfectly without a couple glaring errors that do not really affect the meaning of what they are writing. Even if the parents of the individual were native Japanese speakers and spoke to that person since birth in the language, but they grew up in America, they STILL have some difficulties speaking perfect Japanese.

Anecdotally, I'd also like to point out that the leakers claim to be Japanese. As in they are Japanese citizens. Japanese citizenship is literally IMPOSSIBLE for non-Japanese blooded individuals to obtain. For example; let's say that an American dude marries a Japanese woman and has a kid and the kid is born in Japan, but later the family moves to America, where the child is raised. Even though the child was born in Japan and has half Japanese blood, once they become 18 years old they must choose whether to be full Japanese citizens or American citizens. They cannot be dual citizens after age 18.

If you are a foreigner, you can NEVER become a Japanese citizen, even through marriage or other means. you can gain half citizenship, but can never be a full citizen.

Okay, so now that you know how hard it is even to say "I'm Japanese" you should be able to understand why I'm so skeptical of reading a leaker who claims "I'm Japanese" and then writes a perfectly written essay. It's not to say that it's impossible for someone to be completely natively fluent in both languages, but damnit the odds are high against it. Then add to the fact that the writers will mess up common English grammar (like it's vs its) but nail all the idioms and turns of phrase- I just cannot believe the writer to be who they say they are.

If you guys want me to translate a Japanese rumor, I will do it. I did it for Brawl and I have no problem doing it. I just don't believe the "leakers" to this point who claim they are Japanese.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't take it seriously.

I just find Blaziken quite interesting.
Yeah, definitely didn't think you did. It's just a general headscratcher; if a "leak" is written in the same language as the developers' country of origin, it's automatically considered noteworthy (the Universe leak for example) in a way a mere English leak never would.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The issue isn't that we don't believe that someone has the ability to speak both high level Japanese and English, the issue is that they are writing perfectly legible English essays with common English mistakes/ no second language mistakes/ using English-exclusive names (such as pokemon names).

The "leakers" that aren't friends of people with Namco claim to be Japanese and preface their statements with "sorry if I used incorrect words" and then continue to have the issues I listed above.

I work for a Japanese company and have done so for years. I have lived in Japan. I read Sakurai's twitter for updates (yes, in Japanese). I have NEVER met anyone that was Japanese that could speak both languages perfectly without a couple glaring errors that do not really affect the meaning of what they are writing. Even if the parents of the individual were native Japanese speakers and spoke to that person since birth in the language, but they grew up in America, they STILL have some difficulties speaking perfect Japanese.

Anecdotally, I'd also like to point out that the leakers claim to be Japanese. As in they are Japanese citizens. Japanese citizenship is literally IMPOSSIBLE for non-Japanese blooded individuals to obtain. For example; let's say that an American dude marries a Japanese woman and has a kid and the kid is born in Japan, but later the family moves to America, where the child is raised. Even though the child was born in Japan and has half Japanese blood, once they become 18 years old they must choose whether to be full Japanese citizens or American citizens. They cannot be dual citizens after age 18.

If you are a foreigner, you can NEVER become a Japanese citizen, even through marriage or other means. you can gain half citizenship, but can never be a full citizen.

Okay, so now that you know how hard it is even to say "I'm Japanese" you should be able to understand why I'm so skeptical of reading a leaker who claims "I'm Japanese" and then writes a perfectly written essay. It's not to say that it's impossible for someone to be completely natively fluent in both languages, but damnit the odds are high against it. Then add to the fact that the writers will mess up common English grammar (like it's vs its) but nail all the idioms and turns of phrase- I just cannot believe the writer to be who they say they are.

If you guys want me to translate a Japanese rumor, I will do it. I did it for Brawl and I have no problem doing it. I just don't believe the "leakers" to this point who claim they are Japanese.
Say, what's it like there?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Blaiziken? I'd rather have Dragonite. cause you know... he's a dragonite. also shiny colors for all pokemon. and a chance of getting a shiny pokemon in a pokeball. That would be nice. someone leak that please. someone make hax for brawl. MAKE IT HAPPEN INTERNET!! (I know shiny Charizard is in PM.)

D

Deleted member

Why would Blaziken have "Knee of Justice" as opposed to just knee attacks in general?
That image in general gives the vibe of a boosting knee strike. So Flare Blitz?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So does Ganondorf. So does that make Blaziken a Ganondorf clone?
And speaking of which? Wouldn't he be a clone of Ken? Ken's in Blaziken's name...
1. Ganondorf doesn't use the "Knee of Justice". It's one move he never cloned from Falcon.
2. Are you being serious about the Ken part?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
1. Ganondorf doesn't use the "Knee of Justice". It's one move he never cloned from Falcon.
2. Are you being serious about the Ken part?
Huh, So he doesn't. Haven't played Smash in a while, so I'm a bit rusty on my knowledge.
And:
<-- Does this look like a lying face to you?

D

Deleted member

......not sure if I'm being trolled since G&W doesn't really have a face.....

D

Deleted member

Without facial features (other than a mouth that's either not present or open in a crescent shape) to tell if it's the face of a liar is impossible.

Morbi

Scavenger
Huh, So he doesn't. Haven't played Smash in a while, so I'm a bit rusty on my knowledge.
And:
<-- Does this look like a lying face to you?
If he did have the "Knee of Justice" it would have been renamed the "Knee of EVIL".

He just does a punch thing. It is the better move as it is WAY easier to it, but Knee of Justice is more fun.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
hello i ams leaker i know guy form namcobandai and he is friend tell me new info on smash bros 4
you can play as characters
on stages
with music
and ther are character that you unlock
i can confirm this as all true ok thatnk you and good bie

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
hello i ams leaker i know guy form namcobandai and he is friend tell me new info on smash bros 4
you can play as characters
on stages
with music
and ther are character that you unlock
i can confirm this as all true ok thatnk you and good bie
I'm this guys friend, I can confirm that the game will be released at some point in the future. (as opposed to the past or the present)

I'm really putting my neck on the line here. I will probably lose my job and become a bum.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I heard a rumor that the game doesn't afraid of anything. I'm so so sorry.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Hello, i am iwata's secretary. i sometimes sneaketh mineth way into mr. sakurai's office and poketh around. Thy english is not too well, pleaseth und'rstandeth, i cometh from the c'rky times. I can comfi'r that sup'r smasheth bros 3ds and wii u will be playable sonneth.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Hello, i am iwata's secretary. i sometimes sneaketh mineth way into mr. sakurai's office and poketh around. Thy english is not too well, pleaseth und'rstandeth, i cometh from the c'rky times. I can comfi'r that sup'r smasheth bros 3ds and wii u will be playable sonneth.
Ridley confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom