• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
New "leak" guys!
Hello, I am a close friend of the brother of one of the workers at Namco Bandai, coincidentally, I also work at Namco Bandai and am part of the team helping Masahiro Sakurai develop the new Smash Brothers games for Wii U and 3DS. I won't disclose my exact position on the team, as that may risk me getting caught leaking information, however I can tell you that I have seen the game in its latest build and I can tell you the characters in the game that I have seen so far. Keep in mind that I'm only giving a basic description of what I have seen during gameplay, I do not have intimate knowledge of how the characters work.

Starting with the first revealed newcomer, I will shed some light on how a few of the Villager's mechanics seem to work. The Villager's special ability to pick up items and projectiles was very remarkable when I first saw it, it must be timed right or the attack will hit him, and he can only carry one thing at a time. It seems that pressing the button again throws the item or projectile back, he does not have control over certain projectiles (such as PK Thunder or Nikita) and any such projectile will simply fly in a straight path, projectiles like Mario's fireball still bounce in a similar manner. One of the most amazing things I saw him absorb was Pikachu's Thunder attack, when he released it, it flew straight upwards as though in reverse. Villager's recovery move are the balloons from Balloon Fight, they are quick to come out and he rises relatively quickly, however, they can be popped very easily, leaving the Villager helpless to recover. He has a second recovery option in the form of a Gyroid that flies like a rocket, he will quickly jump on it and can fly quite a distance while controlling his upward/downward direction, it works similarly to gliding in that if he flies upwards too much, the rocket will sputter out and begin to fall. Villager can also release the rocket as a projectile attack, it flies much faster and more sporadically in this fashion, though it seems he can slightly control the tilt of it at the exact moment he releases it. The Villager's down special is planting a tree, if not interrupted during the input he will plant and water it at once, though I have seen him plant the sapling only to return to it later to water it. Chopping the tree down is a completely separate input, his forward smash attack is the axe, which he must either fully charge or swing multiple times in order to knock over the tree. Villager's grab involves him swinging his net to catch opponents, once he has caught them he is able to kick them to cause damage before throwing them. His upward throw humorously has him holding the character above his head shortly as though he caught a bug, before he tosses them away. Most of his other moves have been shown in Sakurai's daily pictures and on his character page, though I can confirm that the most turnips I have seen him use at once are five in a bunch.

Moving on to the Wii Fit Trainer, all of her standard attacks are an assortment of different yoga poses that I can't identify, so I will focus on only her special moves. Her recovery move summons three hoops that she spins with to gain upwards momentum, this doesn't have very much horizontal range, but it flies impressively high. Her side special is the Wii Fit ball that she spikes as a projectile, the ball will remain for a short time afterwards and can be knocked around by other players, similarly to the soccer ball item, it has much less power than the soccer ball however. Her down special has her focusing in order to recover health, this requires pressing the button repeatedly, but leaves her vulnerable to attack. Her regular special involves her creating a ball of light that acts as a close range projectile, it can be reflected and absorbed, but does not travel away from her, it simply disappears as quickly as it appears. I can also confirm that she has an alternate male costume, complete with his own voice set, the moveset stays completely intact, however.

Mega Man's moveset has been entirely shown off for the most part, and doesn't need any explanations.

And now for the latest newcomer shown, Rosalina fights in tandem with her summoned Lumas, the Luma will mirror Rosalina's attacks at the direct moment of the input. Her normal special move summons the Luma, when used while a Luma is already out, it will cause the Luma to perform a projectile attack using the star bits from Galaxy. Her side special causes the Luma to fly to and away from her, this is used to position the Luma on the stage, though the Luma will also cause damage on impact during the use of this move. Her down special is a kind of barrier that reflects projectiles over her in an arch, this allows the projectile to hit someone should they be standing behind her, this move also draws in items towards her, including thrown items. Her recovery move is the launch star from Galaxy, this can be angled before firing and causes her to go a decent distance, she also does not end in a helpless animation after using it.

My last piece of information is regarding the latest veteran reveal, Princess Zelda. She retains her moveset from Brawl, complete with a Sheik transformation, the transformation is much faster this time however, almost instantaneous. The Phantom shown in one of her pictures on the website is an assist trophy that attacks with a great slash in front of it's summoner before disappearing. I will return again with more information, next time I will post about new characters that have not been shown yet.
:troll:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
they
can
him
just
as
much
as
an
alt
costume
Except Sakurai has already said that it wouldn't look right for Dr. Mario to throw fireballs. Plus he wouldn't have his unique properties. That's why he's better as his own slot. (Unless they can still keep them while he is an alt costume).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Except Sakurai has already said that it wouldn't look right for Dr. Mario to throw fireballs. Plus he wouldn't have his unique properties. That's why he's better as his own slot. (Unless they can still keep them while he is an alt costume).
Except if Dr. Mario was an alt, he could simply just change the fireballs to pills. Hell, they did it in Project M.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just curious, Where?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And yet Ganondorf doing Falcon Punches are acceptable? Hypocritical much?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai didn't have to make Ganondorf a Captain Falcon clone in the first place... but the damage is done.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Except if Dr. Mario was an alt, he could simply just change the fireballs to pills. Hell, they did it in Project M.
It's one of the gripes I have with Project M is that Dr. Mario is not a separate character.

I never said it was okay for Ganondorf to do Falcon Punches. Though his Warlock Punches and his moves have been part of his character since Melee.

Just curious, Where?
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Stor...ing-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters

A fan wanted Dr. Mario as a costume for the next Smash (which, in this case, is Melee). Sakurai said that it would be odd for Dr. Mario to shoot fireballs. This is a little relevant because Sakurai responded to this during Melee’s development process (probably kind of early on). Same for the next one.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but he would have F.L.U.D.D which would look strange on Dr.Mario, the announcer is going to call him Mario and not Dr. Mario, and when Kirby copies him, he would get the regular mario hat and throw fireballs (like in Project M).

Also, he would get the same Final Smash as Mario which doesn't fit him, it would be better if Dr.Mario got its own slot with a new and original Final Smash (But I highly doubt he will return).

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I heard that if Yoshi sees his own shadow, Smash 4 gets delayed by six weeks. :p

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
"Hello, I am a close friend of the brother of one of the workers at Namco Bandai, coincidentally, I also work at Namco Bandai and am part of the team helping Masahiro Sakurai develop the new Smash Brothers games for Wii U and 3DS."

Gotta love this.

Hey guyz I'm the brother of one of the workers at Namco Bandai!
Oh, and I work at Namco Bandai too by the way!

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I have a close friend of mine who works at Namco Bandai. He told me that Deadpool is going to be in the game, and he will break the fourth wall even more than he did in MvC3.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Anybody else notice how often these guys related to or working at Namco Bandai have surprising mastery of the English language?

Seriously, it's almost like these are actually people on the internet trying to trick us! :troll:

D

Deleted member

I don't see a flaming falcon or Ganondorf screaming "FALCON PUNCH!".

Attempt to make accusation of hypocracy....FAILED.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai didn't have to make Ganondorf a Captain Falcon clone in the first place... but the damage is done.
He didn't but he wouldn't have considered adding him otherwise. For whatever reason, he's only ever seen Ganondorf as a +1 for the roster so I don't expect him to get much more "love" than he's already gotten.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
He didn't but he wouldn't have considered adding him otherwise. For whatever reason, he's only ever seen Ganondorf as a +1 for the roster so I don't expect him to get much more "love" than he's already gotten.
Is there a quote for this claiming or you're just randomly guessing? And even if there's a 10-years old quote who gives a **** anyway...

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Is there a quote for this claiming or you're just randomly guessing? And even if there's a 10-years old quote who gives a **** anyway...
"Do you have proof? And just so you know in advance, if you do provide proof, I don't care so I win"

Sound reasoning as per usual

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
"Do you have proof? And just so you know in advance, if you do provide proof, I don't care so I win"

Sound reasoning as per usual
You should try and reason sometimes. "Who gives a ****" in the sense that Sakurai also said that Villager wasn't suitable to fight, for example. Not everything he says is Gospel. And you are the one who thinks by "winning things", obviously. Because simply having a discussion is out of the question, there's gotta be a winner and a loser.

Fatmanonice: your "proof" not only is a translation made by a random (and banned) NeoGAF user without the actual source material, but the fact that Sakurai thinks the same thing he thought back in 2002 (12 years ago) regarding any subject is ridiculous.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
sigh.....some of these rumors I wish were true lol but some of them are so badly made. Brawl had better leaks and rumors; even a real leak to boot also :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice: your "proof" not only is a translation made by a random (and banned) NeoGAF user without the actual source material, but the fact that Sakurai thinks the same thing he thought back in 2002 (12 years ago) regarding any subject is ridiculous.
Except it's relevant because 1. it pertains to when Ganondorf was first added and 2. Ganondorf largely stayed the same in Brawl so it shows that the mentality under which he was added stayed the same after 6 years. The source for these is a 12 year old magazine article; excuse me for not having a scanned photo of an article that both of us probably couldn't read anyways that came out years before you could simply Google these sort of things. Also, what does the user being banned have to do with anything? Talk about poisoning the well. Yes, Ganondorf could change but given what we currently know, it doesn't seem likely.

D

Deleted member

I have no doubts we'll see more Ganon changes.
However, don't expect them to be too terribly drastic. Not unless Wii U/3DS is doing the "Black Shadowdorf" idea that's been brought up quite a bit.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Except it's relevant because 1. it pertains to when Ganondorf was first added and 2. Ganondorf largely stayed the same in Brawl so it shows that the mentality under which he was added stayed the same after 6 years. The source for these is a 12 year old magazine article; excuse me for not having a scanned photo of an article that both of us probably couldn't read anyways that came out years before you could simply Google these sort of things. Also, what does the user being banned have to do with anything? Talk about poisoning the well. Yes, Ganondorf could change but given what we currently know, it doesn't seem likely.
Oh sorry if I have to believe a random user like that, you're right.

About the user being banned, yes I trust more a non-banned user. If it was Evilore or EatChildren who said that, I would've believed it. But it's a random banned user. So nope.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Ganondorf cannot change, he didn't change in Brawl either!"

Meanwhile, in the Bowser camp...
I never said he can't change, it just doesn't seem likely especially when fans are expecting Ganondorf to get a complete and total overhaul akin to becoming a complete magic user, use a sword/trident, be able to transform into classic Ganon, etc among a long list of things fans swore up and down were going to happen in Brawl because it was "so obvious it was going to happen."

Add in: Vintage Creep, is it REALLY necessary to be this condescending when you don't agree with someone?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
  • Wario was briefly considered as the Mario clone, with low speed and high attack power, but Sakurai felt that Wario deserved better.
  • Ganondorf was the last character added to the game. He was only included because he was popular, had a similar body type to Captain Falcon, and because Sakurai couldn't really think of any additional plausible clones.
Wait, what? Sakurai thought Wario deserved better than Ganondorf? I would say that he just doesn't like Zelda much, considering that the three main characters aren't that great in Smash Bros, but then the guy mains Ganondorf, so I really have no idea...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I never said he can't change, it just doesn't seem likely especially when fans are expecting Ganondorf to get a complete and total overhaul akin to becoming a complete magic user, use a sword/trident, be able to transform into classic Ganon, etc among a long list of things fans swore up and down were going to happen in Brawl because it was "so obvious it was going to happen."

Add in: Vintage Creep, is it REALLY necessary to be this condescending when you don't agree with someone?
Condescending? OK that's it. You say that Sakurai doesn't like Ganondorf and hence his moveset won't change because a user on NeoGAF translated a not reported interview he had back in 2002 where he supposedly simply said that Ganondorf was added last minute like all other clones, and I'm condescending because I don't take it as the undeniable truth? OK I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom