• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually, Snake wasn't even on the poll as he had already been revealed before the poll went up. And the only confirmed results are that Sonic was most wanted and that Mega Man was second most wanted.
That's not what I saw, I will see if I can find the polls I was looking at.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
That's not what I saw, I will see if I can find the polls I was looking at.
Considering that no one seriously thought third parties would be in the game until the Brawl reveal (which had Snake), the poll was created after that time, and that Sakurai himself said that Mega Man was second to Sonic in interviews... granted, we don't know about Geno's status in that poll, but he's in a tough spot as it is without it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering that no one seriously thought third parties would be in the game until the Brawl reveal (which had Snake), the poll was created after that time, and that Sakurai himself said that Mega Man was second to Sonic in interviews... granted, we don't know about Geno's status in that poll, but he's in a tough spot as it is without it.
Ok, I will see if I can find geno's status on them.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
someone should sabotage the reggie petition before we get that awful character :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
someone should sabotage the reggie petition before we get that awful character :p
Never in fact reggie said he would hack it to get the rest of the signatures on it :p. He did say though in all seriousness that he wouldn't mind being playable. I have the perfection idea for his trailer though.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Geno has 0% chance of making the playable character status.
He didn't even get playable status in the Mario Sluggers series where they were obviously reaching for characters to include.
They started pulling in obscure DK reps because they ran out.
Paragoomba is higher on the list than Geno.
I'm amazed at how people can't seem to accept that Geno will never be playable in a Smash Bros game.
It would be ******** for Geno to have been in a Mario Baseball game. He is a more serious type character, and a fighting game is way more his style. Smash Bros would suit him way better and make much more sense. Especially since the Smash franchise has been used to revive old characters like that.

Don't fire back with me about Geno's next to nonexistant chances, I'm well aware he won't be in the game. I just wanted to make clear that it'd make way more sense to bring him back for a Smash game than for something like a mario sports title

Morbi

Scavenger
It would be ******** for Geno to have been in a Mario Baseball game. He is a more serious type character, and a fighting game is way more his style. Smash Bros would suit him way better and make much more sense. Especially since the Smash franchise has been used to revive old characters like that.

Don't fire back with me about Geno's next to nonexistant chances, I'm well aware he won't be in the game. I just wanted to make clear that it'd make way more sense to bring him back for a Smash game than for something like a mario sports title
He has to establish himself, if he is too conceited to make appearances in Mario Sports, he can never hope to have a meaningful collaboration. Everyone has to start somewhere. :awesome:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Don't take it personal its just that we are in a leaks and rumors thread and we are in high alert

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Don't take it personal its just that we are in a leaks and rumors thread and we are in high alert
I'm not, just more confused than anything. I don't mind the idea of Geno, I just don't know how he would be implemented. But then again, Sakurai was somehow able to make a moveset out of Rosalina.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
He has to establish himself, if he is too conceited to make appearances in Mario Sports, he can never hope to have a meaningful collaboration. Everyone has to start somewhere. :awesome:
Morbid is spot on. If he can't even get into the games where his ownership isn't a concern (i.e. the spinoffs developed by Square Enix themselves), then his chances are spotty. Would Square Enix allow Geno to get an invite before/in place of a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Morbid is spot on. If he can't even get into the games where his ownership isn't a concern (i.e. the spinoffs developed by Square Enix themselves), then his chances are spotty. Would Square Enix allow Geno to get an invite before/in place of a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest character?
Then there's the fifth spot being taken.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But how would Geno fight? What would his moveset be?
O'm guessing you have never played it, so I will give you my idea for his moves:

b: star gun blaster, shoots stars at the opponents.

Up B: geno flash: geno launches himself back onto the sage from his cannon.

down B: he shoots the more powerful stars from the game at the ground blasting nearby foes.

A: could just be he punches them

Up A: geno boost: temporarily boosts his damage to others.

Grab: Extends his arm to grab opponents, lure them in and launch them in the air.

Final smash: Geno whirl" Geno gets up in the air charging power up and unleashing geno whirl, sending all foes it hits flying.

Did I miss any buttons?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Don't turn this into a debating Geno's moveset viability type of thread. One of the few things he has going for him is his moveset potential. Go over to the character boards where he has his own thread and debate your heart out. This thread is for leaks

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don't turn this into a debating Geno's moveset viability type of thread. One of the few things he has going for him is his moveset potential. Go over to the character boards where he has his own thread and debate your heart out. This thread is for leaks
I know, I was just pointing it out to him. Anyway I may create a fake leak, I'll to see if I can get creative though. I hope we see a good and more convincing one soon though.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I like leaks.

I don't care if they're fake. It keeps my hype alive when the pic of the day is slow. And when I find out they are fake, I move to the next leak.

This thread is fun.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Then there's the fifth spot being taken.
You mean in the Mario series? Yeah, that does hurt his chances slightly, but there's no cap on series reps. Even though we have six already (IMO, pretty sure Dr. Mario's returning), there's no reason we couldn't have a seventh, though it is very unlikely. Alternatively, if he's considered a Square Enix character, he could go under a separate icon, making it a nonissue.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You mean in the Mario series? Yeah, that does hurt his chances slightly, but there's no cap on series reps. Even though we have six already (IMO, pretty sure Dr. Mario's returning), there's no reason we couldn't have a seventh, though it is very unlikely. Alternatively, if he's considered a Square Enix character, he could go under a separate icon, making it a nonissue.
I'm hopin'. Though if it does happen, seven would honestly be a bit much.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If alt costumes are indeed a thing, which looks likely due to male wiifit trainer, Dr. Mario is probably a lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom