• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
"I will say that there are a fair amount of hints in some of the daily pictures that are going to be pretty amusing once more is revealed."

Ridley as a stage hazard confirmed.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The header for the whole section on the Hero's Shade in Hyrule Historia is "Link, The Descendant of the Hero of Time"

To quote that section : "The spirit of Link's ancestor, the Hero of Time, teaches him his secrets."

Someone theorized that the events of Majora's Mask are Link in purgatory after dying. Link is a child in Majora's Mask.
I'm not arguing about this on this thread, but, for those of you who know about OoT, could he have fathered a child before he became a child again?

Ascended

Smash Ace
Well, there was that one screenshot with Kirby holding his hammer in the Mario Galaxy stage before said stage was revealed. Maybe things like that?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
"I will say that there are a fair amount of hints in some of the daily pictures that are going to be pretty amusing once more is revealed."

Ridley as a stage hazard confirmed.
Hope that's not true

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not arguing about this on this thread, but, for those of you who know about OoT, could he have fathered a child before he became a child again?
Wait, you were arguing about Zelda, yet you don't even know this? Twilight Princess takes place on the Child Timeline, directly after Majora's Mask, which is directly after OoT when Link returns to his childhood. Wind Waker takes place in the Adult Timeline, the one where Link is sent back to his childhood, but everything continues as normal after Link defeats Ganondorf... Except there is no Link because he was sent backwards in time, creating a split in the timeline.

So any child Link might have had before being sent back would have went on to leave him ancestors in Wind Waker, but he couldn't have had a child, because he was sent back as soon as he beat Ganondorf. This also means that Link in The Wind Waker has absolutely no blood relation to the Hero of Time. TP Link however, is a descendant of OoT Link, meaning that he had kids after the events of Majora's Mask. Actually, the Child Timeline is the only timeline that still has the pure blood of the hero reaching all the way back to Skyward Sword, all of the Links in the other two timelines have no relation other than getting the Triforce of Courage, which noticeably, they had to work towards (such as collecting the broken shards in WW) whilst TP Link was apparently born with it.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Please get this stupid theory stuff out of our collective face and take it somewhere else.

This popped up on GameFAQs (again). It's not a leak of new information, other than just to say "these other leaks are wrong," and the final game is drastically different from what they're claiming.

"So there's been a flood of "leaks" and "prophets" on here lately.
Or should I say people who say "I'm not prophet. I'm no troll." And then claim to leak copious amounts of information.

Which, as somebody who actually knows a few things, I can say that just about every single leak has almost entirely false information, with any true information being good guesses. Don't believe a single leaker that you read on here. None of them are even close to getting anything right, and I mean literally none of them. The roster is extremely clever, the stages are interesting, the game modes are fun and engaging. Everything is beyond the creative capabilities of anyone on these forums.

Best Smash ever? Hands down. Just wait until the next couple of reveals--there's so much more in store than hasn't been revealed yet that I'm not going to spoil, stuff that nobody else could come up with. I will say that there are a fair amount of hints in some of the daily pictures that are going to be pretty amusing once more is revealed."
Sounds reasonable. But no info was given, just the obvious.

I'll main neutral on this one, since it doesn't scream fake, like most of these rumors.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Back in 2007 there was a guy that only posted once and just came here to post the EXACT DAY Sonic would be revealed.

He was, of course, flamed as being a troll until the day Sonic was revealed on the Brawl dojo. I never saw the guy post again, but I remember he had a peach avatar. I don't remember his name, but it was around a month before Sonic was revealed.

....we need that guy back.

That was legendary. The only time I ever questioned questioning rumours out of nowhere for a little while.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People could have guessed that Sonic would be revealed on that exact day! Enough people were talking about Sonic that someone eventually had to guess the one day out of 365 he'd be revealed! That doesn't make NyaseNya a true leaker!

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
**** that gets the blood flowing...

Gets me thinking about what random Nintendo characters we will be seeing that none of us would ever expect.

Sakurai doesn't include characters you want, he includes characters you didn't know you wanted.

And now I can't stop thinking about how this game is going to separate itself from the rest.
I'm hoping for some new game types like king of the hill and a capture the flag/hold onto an object for the longest.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
The one thing that makes this leak seem potentially credible, is no one would have to be a colossal idiot to leak what he/she leaked, as there was no new information, thus I don't think they'd get fired or even reprimanded over it.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
I not sure if I want that to be true or not since it might mean the death of ridley

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Please get this stupid theory stuff out of our collective face and take it somewhere else.

This popped up on GameFAQs (again). It's not a leak of new information, other than just to say "these other leaks are wrong," and the final game is drastically different from what they're claiming.

Or should I say people who say "I'm not prophet. I'm no troll." And then claim to leak copious amounts of information.

Which, as somebody who actually knows a few things, I can say that just about every single leak has almost entirely false information, with any true information being good guesses. Don't believe a single leaker that you read on here. None of them are even close to getting anything right, and I mean literally none of them. The roster is extremely clever, the stages are interesting, the game modes are fun and engaging. Everything is beyond the creative capabilities of anyone on these forums.

Best Smash ever? Hands down. Just wait until the next couple of reveals--there's so much more in store than hasn't been revealed yet that I'm not going to spoil, stuff that nobody else could come up with. I will say that there are a fair amount of hints in some of the daily pictures that are going to be pretty amusing once more is revealed."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
According to the video, her Parasol, Frying Pan, and slap moves come from Mario RPG.
It pains me to hear some of you haven't played this game. Kind of one of the best Mario games, ever.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That leak actually pisses me off, because we all know it's just as fake as the rest, except this one is promising something none of the others had. That it's actually going to be an amazing game.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
That leak actually pisses me off, because we all know it's just as fake as the rest, except this one is promising something none of the others had. That it's actually going to be an amazing game.
Didn't we all know that already :p.

Also, leak is officially fake due to it saying it will be the best Smash. Melee exists. :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
Didn't we all know that already :p.

Also, leak is officially fake due to it saying it will be the best Smash. Melee exists. :p
And here we have people attempting to initiate things.

It's always awkward when leaks are legitimate, because then you just have to wonder. Will one of these leaks that everyone writes off as fake eventually come true anyway?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Another f**king friend at Namco Bandai had this to leak to a GameFAQs user.

Ok, so I'm good friends with a developer from Namco Bandai who's working on Smash Bros 4 right now. A couple days ago I asked him about SSB4. He was surprisingly open about the game and told me a huge amount of stuff. I don't like all of it, and I have no proof that all of it, or even any of it is true, but I felt obligated to share.

CHARACTERS

-The Little Mac, Mii, & Pac-Man rumor is true. They were planned to be revealed at E3 2013 along with WFT, Villager, and Mega Man, but after the leak they were taken out of the presentation
-The current plan is for them to be revealed at E3 2014
-Mii will not have a customizable moveset. However, you will be able to load your Miis into the game and play as them
-Dixie Kong is in, not a clone
-Paper Mario is in
-Mewtwo returns w. Melee moveset
-Ridley is in. He's the biggest character in the game and can float like Peach
-Krystal is in
-Shulk is in
-Isaac is in
-Takamaru is in with a new design(I don't have any proof of this, but I assume it's a situation similar to Pit in Brawl, and Nazo no Murasame-jo will get a revival soon).
-KI has 3 reps
-Chibi-Robo is in the roster, but is very low-priority. Work on him hasn't even started yet, so there's a possibility he'll be cut
-Toon Zelda/Tetra is in the same situation as Chibi-Robo
-No cuts from Brawl
-There are currently 4 3rd-parties in the game but more are being discussed
-Prof.Layton has been discussed a lot, but isn't planned right now due to not being iconic like the other 3rd-parties
-Geno was not planned for Brawl, but was discussed in the early stages of SSB4
-A character from Bravely Default was under consideration, but is unlikely
-The Slime from Dragon Quest is probably going to be the next 3rd-party added, if they add one
-SEGA, Namco & Konami have contacted Nintendo about more of their characters in SSB4
-The roster isn't as finalized as people assume it is, but will most likely have 'about 60 characters'
-Villager has a female alternate costume
-HFT is an alt
-Dr. Mario is a Mario alt
-Dr. Luigi is a Luigi alt
-No new Pikmin reps
-No new Mother reps, but Ninten was discussed early on
-Roy will not be in
-Sukapon will not be in
-Harry from Teleroboxer was never even considered. He's 'not sure Nintendo even remembers he exists'
-Daisy is not in because there are more important Mario reps
-Neither Impa nor Tingle is in, but there will be a new Zelda rep
-DK gets a new FS with Rambi
-Falcondorf returns

ASSIST TROPHIES

-Lucina is an AT
-Cranky is an AT
-Tingle is still an AT
-Saki is still an AT
-Mr. Resetti is still an AT
-Magnus is an AT

STAGES

-The Boxing Ring is a Punch-Out stage. Doc Louis appears in the background
-The Lor Starcutter on WiiU
-The Pokemon World Tournament on 3DS
-Thorntail Hollow on WiiU
-Macbeth on 3DS
-Yoshi's New Island on 3DS, and a Yarn Yoshi stage on WiiU
-Murasame Castle on WiiU
-Gaur Plains on Wii U and Central Factory on 3DS
-Tropical Freeze on WiiU & a DKCR stage on 3DS
-Hyrule Castle/Lorule Castle is a stage on 3DS
-Fire Emblem stage on WiiU, will be a specific area(unlike Castle Siege). However, what area has not been decided yet
-Stage builder is better

OTHER

-Focuses more on vs. mode
-DLC is under consideration, but no plans have been made
-Adventure Mode works like Melee's, but with branching paths
-Medusa is a boss in adventure mode
-King K. Rool is a boss in adventure mode. You fight him multiple times in DK's part of adventure mode, with each of his different personas.
-The game will probably release late fall 2014, but there is still a lot of work to do, so it might be pushed to winter.
-Namco and Sakurai are fighting internal battles over the balancing, where Namco wants to do the balancing and take ideas from Project M for movesets, but Sakurai wants to balance the game alone
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

It's bull****ty to me because it's a "best hits" compilation of features from other leaks, and Sakurai is past the character selection process of the game.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Ok, so I'm good friends with a developer from Namco Bandai who's working on Smash Bros 4 right now. A couple days ago I asked him about SSB4. He was surprisingly open about the game and told me a huge amount of stuff. I don't like all of it, and I have no proof that all of it, or even any of it is true, but I felt obligated to share.

CHARACTERS

-The Little Mac, Mii, & Pac-Man rumor is true. They were planned to be revealed at E3 2013 along with WFT, Villager, and Mega Man, but after the leak they were taken out of the presentation
-Mii will not have a customizable moveset. However, you will be able to load your Miis into the game and play as them
-Paper Mario is in
-Krystal is in
-Shulk is in
-Isaac is in
-Takamaru is in with a new design(I don't have any proof of this, but I assume it's a situation similar to Pit in Brawl, and Nazo no Murasame-jo will get a revival soon).
-KI has 3 reps
-Chibi-Robo is in the roster, but is very low-priority. Work on him hasn't even started yet, so there's a possibility he'll be cut
-No cuts from Brawl
-Prof.Layton has been discussed a lot, but isn't planned right now due to not being iconic like the other 3rd-parties
-The Slime from Dragon Quest is probably going to be the next 3rd-party added, if they add one
-SEGA, Namco & Konami have contacted Nintendo about more of their characters in SSB4
-The roster isn't as finalized as people assume it is, but will most likely have 'about 60 characters'
-HFT is an alt
-No new Pikmin reps
-Roy will not be in
-Sukapon will not be in
-Harry from Teleroboxer was never even considered. He's 'not sure Nintendo even remembers he exists'
-Falcondorf returns

ASSIST TROPHIES

-Lucina is an AT
-Cranky is an AT
-Tingle is still an AT
-Saki is still an AT
-Magnus is an AT

STAGES

-Macbeth on 3DS
-Murasame Castle on WiiU
-Fire Emblem stage on WiiU, will be a specific area(unlike Castle Siege). However, what area has not been decided yet
-Stage builder is better

OTHER

-King K. Rool is a boss in adventure mode. You fight him multiple times in DK's part of adventure mode, with each of his different personas.
-The game will probably release late fall 2014, but there is still a lot of work to do, so it might be pushed to winter.
-Namco and Sakurai are fighting internal battles over the balancing, where Namco wants to do the balancing and take ideas from Project M for movesets, but Sakurai wants to balance the game alone
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
It's bull****ty to me because it's a "best hits" compilation of features from other leaks, and Sakurai is past the character selection process of the game.
If only this were true, the only thing that would make this perfect is if K rool was playable and lyn.

But yeah its probably some smashboarder trolling again, some of these things are only things that someone from smashboards would know. I deem this as fake. but It'd be cool if it were true, even though it would disappoint someone.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Hmm.... well, that one leak said the other leaks are fake, so this one must be as well.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
60 characters yeah right, also isent chibi robo 3rd party and if so, if they went to the trouble of getting him then he defintly would not even be considered a cut

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Take ideas from Project M? Is he ****ing high or something? Not to mention he's listing a lot of characters that I would never think that neither Nintendo or Sakurai would have in their minds and more of what the fans alone thought of (like Impa, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Harry from Teleboxer). And I know for sure we ain't getting a Dr. Luigi alt (too soon, why two Dr. alts?, and can't see Sakurai/Nintendo considering). And why are they saying SEGA & Namco are wanting more characters in? And what's HTF?

This is 100% ****ing bull****.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
60 characters yeah right, also isent chibi robo 3rd party and if so, if they went to the trouble of getting him then he defintly would not even be considered a cut
Chibi-Robo is owned by Skip, Ltd., but was developed in a partnership with Nintendo, which would make him second party.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535

*insert ****ty leak here*

Taking ideas from P:M?
No playable K. Rool?
60 Characters?
Oh man, this leaker is pulling all the stops on this one!

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Take ideas from Project M? Is he ****ing high or something? Not to mention he's listing a lot of characters that I would never think that neither Nintendo or Sakurai would have in their minds and more of what the fans alone thought of (like Impa, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Harry from Teleboxer). And I know for sure we ain't getting a Dr. Luigi alt (too soon, why two Dr. alts?, and can't see Sakurai/Nintendo considering). And why are they saying SEGA & Namco are wanting more characters in? And what's HTF?

This is 100% ****ing bull****.
HFT is the He Fit Trainer or the Male Wii Fit Trainer. And I don't see why it's too soon for Dr. Luigi when:
A. it's just an alt costume
B. it wasn't too soon for Dr. Mario to be added in Melee (Melee's Japan release was only seven months after Dr. Mario 64's release).
C. Sakurai would have been aware of the game's existence long before now

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Aside from the lack of playable K. Rool and no new Pikmin reps, I wouldn't mind the leak being true. It seems like a pretty obvious fake though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
"Ok, so I'm good friends with a developer from Namco Bandai who's working on Smash Bros 4 right now."

"Namco wants to do the balancing and take ideas from Project M for movesets."

These two sentences have convinced me it's fake, without a shadow of a doubt.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow

CHARACTERS

-Paper Mario is in
-Krystal is in
-Shulk is in
-Isaac is in
-KI has 3 reps
-No cuts from Brawl
-HFT is an alt
-No new Pikmin reps
-Roy will not be in
-Sukapon will not be in
-Falcondorf returns

ASSIST TROPHIES

-Lucina is an AT
-Cranky is an AT
-Tingle is still an AT
-Saki is still an AT
-Magnus is an AT

STAGES

-Macbeth on 3DS
-Murasame Castle on WiiU
-Stage builder is better

OTHER

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So fake, first. Even if he did have a friend that worked at Namco, his friend wouldn't be like "yeah sure I'll tell you tons of info about it, you know I could be fired and sued but oh well :)"

And second, I really, REALLY doubt Smash Bros. 3DS will get 3 Zelda stages.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Man, Namco Bandai should win "The friendliest company" award. People sure have a lot of friends who work there. :p

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297

Whelp, legit or not, this just raised my already high level of hype even higher.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

CHARACTERS

-Paper Mario is in
-Krystal is in
-Shulk is in
-Isaac is in
-KI has 3 reps
-No cuts from Brawl
-HFT is an alt
-No new Pikmin reps
-Roy will not be in
-Sukapon will not be in
-Falcondorf returns

ASSIST TROPHIES

-Lucina is an AT
-Cranky is an AT
-Tingle is still an AT
-Saki is still an AT
-Magnus is an AT

STAGES

-Macbeth on 3DS
-Murasame Castle on WiiU
-Stage builder is better

OTHER

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Namco-Bandai taking ideas from Project M.

Mentioning an obscure Virtual Boy character only discussed on Smashboards by the people who spend their time digging up obscure games to find characters without a support thread yet.

More characters from SEGA, Konami or Namco, yet Capcom is left untouched.

They literally took ideas from the Smashboards refrigerator, chopped them up, then sauteed them and atomically bound them all together into a rumor danish.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
They literally took ideas from the Smashboards refrigerator, chopped them up them, sauteed them and atomically bound them all together into a rumor danish.
This. I've seen a load of these ideas in other, RECENT rumors.
Also 60 Characters, please.
And anyone who claims the roster isn't decided by this point is totally full of it. The potential list of characters to be used in the roster is decided WELL in advance. The final number may differ based on time constraints, but I don't think that's an issue this time around.
Taking Ideas from Project M? :rotfl:
That's like saying Megaman in Smash 4 stole ideas from SSF2. What a load of ****.
This is the mash-up king of the rumors. I'd like to see someone top it :facepalm:.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I read the part about project m and got really sad.

I had a shred of hope that it was real and was totally cool with it because it had three Kid Icarus characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom