• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
We can continue the discussion in his thread, since it won't exactly be off topic in there. I mainly think you're clinging far too hard on fan-theories than actual in-game happenings, it's one thing what the creators intended, but a completely different ball game when fans take things the wrong way. If we won't continue, then I'll leave you on this last note, which you also seem to have ignored- The Salesman had Majora's Mask long before Skull Kid stole it from him, if he were truly evil, he could have put the mask on the moment he found it and used it to destroy everything. He kept the mask so no one could use it's power, and he became distressed when the mask was stolen, because he knew what it could do in the wrong hands.
You make a good point in that last part, but MM takes control of the wearer. It's unclear what his motive is, but it certainly wasn't pure.
As for the fan theories bs, it was acknowledged in Hyrule Hystoria that the guy who trains you in TP is Link from the games that immediately precede it (OoT and MM), and the writer (of the Hystoria) points to evidence such as left-handedness and so forth. It is also stated (this time in TP) that the undead warrior whose title I still forget died before he could pass on what he learned, meaning that OoT/MM died prematurely. He is obviously ok throughout OoT, but MM begins under strange circumstances.
Link starts out in a limbo-like forest, falls from a ludicrously tall height into Termina Valley (you might even say, at Termina velocity), which obviously means "Death Valley." When he first meets up with HMS, he says the line which is something he only says when Link fails and dies. Many of the people Link meets are the same people as in OoT (or at least identical, in some cases). All three of the main masks are from dead people. You can turn into four Effigies of Emptiness, one for each deceased person, and Link. This is all using information from completely canon sources, with no information not from a Zelda game or the HH.
I could talk about how the last bit of the last area is like climbing purgatory, or how the whole thing imitates the 5 stages of grief, or even that Death Valley/Valley of Death could be a reference to the Lord's Prayer... thought that last one is a stretch.
This is the part where you say: "GMs can't make references to things outside of gaming, nor can they use any variety of symbolism or metaphor or subtext. They can't even make connections to other games that have already been officially stated to have a linear continuity. Ur a Crazy Fan-Fic-er. Literary elements have no place in my understanding of a video game, and neither do you. If it's not in our database, it doesn't exist."
That about right?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You make a good point in that last part, but MM takes control of the wearer. It's unclear what his motive is, but it certainly wasn't pure.
As for the fan theories bs, it was acknowledged in Hyrule Hystoria that the guy who trains you in TP is Link from the games that immediately precede it (OoT and MM), and the writer (of the Hystoria) points to evidence such as left-handedness and so forth. It is also stated (this time in TP) that the undead warrior whose title I still forget died before he could pass on what he learned, meaning that OoT/MM died prematurely. He is obviously ok throughout OoT, but MM begins under strange circumstances.
Link starts out in a limbo-like forest, falls from a ludicrously tall height into Termina Valley (you might even say, at Termina velocity), which obviously means "Death Valley." When he first meets up with HMS, he says the line which is something he only says when Link fails and dies. Many of the people Link meets are the same people as in OoT (or at least identical, in some cases). All three of the main masks are from dead people. You can turn into four Effigies of Emptiness, one for each deceased person, and Link. This is all using information from completely canon sources, with no information not from a Zelda game or the HH.
I could talk about how the last bit of the last area is like climbing purgatory, or how the whole thing imitates the 5 stages of grief, or even that Death Valley/Valley of Death could be a reference to the Lord's Prayer... thought that last one is a stretch.
This is the part where you say: "GMs can't make references to things outside of gaming, nor can they use any variety of symbolism or metaphor or subtext. They can't even make connections to other games that have already been officially stated to have a linear continuity. Ur a Crazy Fan-Fic-er. Literary elements have no place in my understanding of a video game, and neither do you. If it's not in our database, it doesn't exist."
That about right?
I never said that the Hero's Shade was fan theory bs, it clearly states that he his Link from OoT in the Historia, I never even brought him up at all. Though I see why you did, trying to imply that Link died, which is obvious, after Majora's Mask, or did you forget that the Hero's Shade is at full adult height? The reason many of the people Link meet are the same is because they reused assets from OoT so that they could complete the game in time, each person in the game is clearly meant to be someone other than their counterpart in OoT, besides Link, the Salesman, and Skull Kid.

The five stages of grief thing seems very clever on the part of the developers, but it's not exactly a major plot point now is it? This is akin to calling a character who makes a cameo a main character, someone important, yes they seem to have intentionally done this, but nothing more than an easter egg at best, unless they outright say otherwise. Majora's Mask was full of dark themes, but sometimes players can let their imaginations run a little too wild. The grief thing? Probably intentional, but the Elegy statues were a mere gameplay gimmick, you can be sure they didn't intend that whole "Ben drowned!" thing to happen. You also have to remember that you're applying this whole idea of "purgatory" and "the Lord's Prayer" of all things, but they have completely different religious beliefs in Japan. One person may look at a painting and think it means one thing, but another person will look at it and get something completely different. That applies here as well.

I don't believe he had any ulterior motive for having the mask outside of the fact that he's a mask collector and well, kind of collects masks. Like a really rich person with an obsession with something, they toss their money to get that "most prized possession", the Salesman merely went to great lengths to get a coveted mask of legends. The mask fed off of Skull Kid's already negative emotions, it called out to him, if the Salesman was evil, wouldn't the mask have called out to him to put it on? I don't see how you see him as evil, I just don't think a guy who tells Link to believe in himself and teaches him a healing song is really evil. If he was meant to be evil, they would have had some kind of wtf twist at the end revealing him to be the final boss or something, but at the end of the game he's just there like normal, he even tells Link a very touching line about meetings and partings.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can we talk about rumors again?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
That about right?

That theory is all fine and dandy but if you are going to quote the Hyrule Historia you should also note that it clearly states that Termina is "an alternate dimension" which can be accessed through the Lost Woods and it also says that Link leaves Termina after he defeats Majora (and thus would technically not be dead).

Coming from a guy who owns the book and has read it.

Also the fact that all the locations have to do with accepting death and that the plot touches upon the 5 stages of grief is pretty much intentional. I mean the game is riddled with death from the get go, it isn't even done in a subtle manner, it's literally thrown in your face.

The only 2 things I find that the "fan theory" actually has going for it is the "You have met a terrible fate, haven't you?" line that is only said when Link dies and coincidentially when the game starts for the first time and the fact that there is an effigy of emptyness for Link (this one is the most puzzling one)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The only 2 things I find that the "fan theory" actually has going for it is the "You have met a terrible fate, haven't you?" line that is only said when Link dies and coincidentially when the game starts for the first time and the fact that there is an effigy of emptyness for Link (this one is the most puzzling one)
just because the song is called elegy does in no way suggest that it only makes statues of the dead

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Hello again, I'm the Super Smash Brother from the Super Smash Brothers.

As you already know, I made a fake leak some while ago to distract everyone from what I am about to post now.
This time, I will reveil my real leak regarding the new Super Smash Bros Game for Wii U and 3DS.
I'm a Super-Hackar who finally got into Sakurai's Computer in his work. And I found some interesting things, which I want to share with you.

First of all, it looks like he still uses the old structure from Brawl, as in how the character data is stored, even though with a new type which I can't access.
Luckily, Sakurai left also left some .txt notes besides the unusable datas, even thought I have to translate them which will take me some time.

To the Charakter:
As I already joked before and you may have probably noticed, Sakurai is a hell of a troll master. Most of his remaining character choices will leave you with a wide gap in your mouth, maybe not as much as Miss Wii Fit but lets just say more unpredictable then Rosalina. Note: It looks like the characters are already finished, since in those txt files are also changelog notes regarding the balance.

First, we got a Zelda newcomer. It's neither Impa, nor Toon-Zelda, nor Ghirahim.
It's file folder is called SaleTing. I guess you all may probably know what this means.
On the translated txt file was stated that Tingle is the mainfighter, who uses the Masks from the Mask Salesmann for his specials, except for his upair which can be "customized" to his Balloon. From the rest of the informations I could grasp, the Mask Salesman is like the Pokemontrainer in the Background, throwing the mask towards Tingle when he collected enough rubies (which is stated is connected to the amount of damage done to others).
It's also noted that he can choose which Mask to borrow next with his Side-Taunts, as there appears a small box besides his %Number which indicates the next Mask and the cost, as well as his current Rubies.
That's all I can say to that one, but I have to admit this idea sounds awesome.

I will leak the next one when I fully translated the next .txt from Kroco, I'm not sure if it's King K. Rool or not.

Kon

Smash Journeyman

As you already know, I made a fake leak some while ago to distract everyone from what I am about to post now.
This time, I will reveil my real leak regarding the new Super Smash Bros Game for Wii U and 3DS.
I'm a Super-Hackar who finally got into Sakurai's Computer in his work. And I found some interesting things, which I want to share with you.

First of all, it looks like he still uses the old structure from Brawl, as in how the character data is stored, even though with a new type which I can't access.
Luckily, Sakurai left also left some .txt notes besides the unusable datas, even thought I have to translate them which will take me some time.

To the Charakter:
As I already joked before and you may have probably noticed, Sakurai is a hell of a troll master. Most of his remaining character choices will leave you with a wide gap in your mouth, maybe not as much as Miss Wii Fit but lets just say more unpredictable then Rosalina. Note: It looks like the characters are already finished, since in those txt files are also changelog notes regarding the balance.

First, we got a Zelda newcomer. It's neither Impa, nor Toon-Zelda, nor Ghirahim.
It's file folder is called SaleTing. I guess you all may probably know what this means.
On the translated txt file was stated that Tingle is the mainfighter, who uses the Masks from the Mask Salesmann for his specials, except for his upair which can be "customized" to his Balloon. From the rest of the informations I could grasp, the Mask Salesman is like the Pokemontrainer in the Background, throwing the mask towards Tingle when he collected enough rubies (which is stated is connected to the amount of damage done to others).
It's also noted that he can choose which Mask to borrow next with his Side-Taunts, as there appears a small box besides his %Number which indicates the next Mask and the cost, as well as his current Rubies.

I will leak the next one when I fully translated the next .txt from Kroco, I'm not sure if it's King K. Rool or not.
:joyful:

Next rumour please :)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

To the Charakter:

why on earth would they put tingle and happy mask man together?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I think someone's been watching a little too much Game Theory lately.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Happy Mask Salesman in Brawl 2.

Seems legit.

Beedle has a better chance. THANK YOUUUUUUUU

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
That theory is all fine and dandy but if you are going to quote the Hyrule Historia you should also note that it clearly states that Termina is "an alternate dimension" which can be accessed through the Lost Woods and it also says that Link leaves Termina after he defeats Majora (and thus would technically not be dead).

Coming from a guy who owns the book and has read it.

Also the fact that all the locations have to do with accepting death and that the plot touches upon the 5 stages of grief is pretty much intentional. I mean the game is riddled with death from the get go, it isn't even done in a subtle manner, it's literally thrown in your face.

Responding to bolded sections in order:

Well, I would assume that he moved on to the next stage of the afterlife, and that Termina's soul purpose was to be a sort of journey of self-discovery, or at least a journey of dealing with his own death.

That's my point. The whole game is about dealing with death, which supports the previous statement.

Coincidentally? I hate to sound like a cliche conspiracy theorist, but I really don't think that they would use his very specific catch-phrase (of sorts) in such a meaningless fashion that it could be considered a coincidence.

@ThaT other guy:
I said the Lord's Prayer thing was a stretch. The bit about Purgatory isn't. I get that Christianity isn't exactly a big thing in Japan, and I'm not trying to impose that religion over everything I see I have no reason to, I'm an atheist. Not to mention "Purgatory" isn't Biblical canon, it was from The Divine Comedy.
LoZ has many western elements, religion included. It was stated in-game that the tower was supposed to be a sort of Tower of Babel, and also that there is a Heaven and a Hell, given that the constructors wanted to go to the former, but ended up in the latter (where they got the mask).
I'll go to the other thread to continue this, write whatever there.

Sorry to C. Dragon and the rest of you.

E:
I think someone's been watching a little too much Game Theory lately.
Not really. He missed a lot of obvious stuff.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera

Well, I would assume that he moved on to the next stage of the afterlife, and that Termina's soul purpose was to be a sort of journey of self-discovery, or at least a journey of dealing with his own death.

That's my point. The whole game is about dealing with death, which supports the previous statement.

Coincidentally? I hate to sound like a cliche conspiracy theorist, but I really don't think that they would use his very specific catch-phrase (of sorts) in such a meaningless fashion that it could be considered a coincidence.

@ThaT other guy:
I said the Lord's Prayer thing was a stretch. The bit about Purgatory isn't. I get that Christianity isn't exactly a big thing in Japan, and I'm not trying to impose that religion over everything I see I have no reason to, I'm an atheist. Not to mention "Purgatory" isn't Biblical canon, it was from The Divine Comedy.
LoZ has many western elements, religion included. It was stated in-game that the tower was supposed to be a sort of Tower of Babel, and also that there is a Heaven and a Hell, given that the constructors wanted to go to the former, but ended up in the latter (where they got the mask).

E:
Link in Twilight Princess is stated to be a descendant of the Hero of Time. How would that be possible if that Link died as a child?

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Link in Twilight Princess is stated to be a descendant of the Hero of Time. How would that be possible if that Link died as a child?
Where is that stated?

I personally think Link's like the avatar, his spirit transferred to a random newborn after his death.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
when does it say the hero of time died as a child?

LF2K

Floor Diver
No rumors and no leaks make Homer something something...
upload_2014-1-5_13-47-36.jpeg

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
The header for the whole section on the Hero's Shade in Hyrule Historia is "Link, The Descendant of the Hero of Time"

To quote that section : "The spirit of Link's ancestor, the Hero of Time, teaches him his secrets."

when does it say the hero of time died as a child?
Someone theorized that the events of Majora's Mask are Link in purgatory after dying. Link is a child in Majora's Mask.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Someone theorized that the events of Majora's Mask are Link in purgatory after dying. Link is a child in Majora's Mask.
Didn't read the previous convo you were having, and yeah, makes no sense that The Hero's shade is a grown stalfos yet the theory that Link died as a child in Majora's Mask is connected.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
I don't think being a child means you died as a child . Adult link wasn't a "grown stalfos" either .
The theory is that Link died as a child while looking for Navi in the Lost Woods. When you die as a child in the Lost Woods, you become a Stalfos( or at least they say). So, according to the theory, the Hero's Shade being a Stalfos means that Link died in Majora's Mask. It doesn't really matter if his Stalfos is an adult Stalfos or not. The theory is impossible because Link has descendants, and therefore could not have died as a seven year old child.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I never said that the Hero's Shade was fan theory bs, it clearly states that he his Link from OoT in the Historia, I never even brought him up at all. Though I see why you did, trying to imply that Link died, which is obvious, after Majora's Mask, or did you forget that the Hero's Shade is at full adult height? The reason many of the people Link meet are the same is because they reused assets from OoT so that they could complete the game in time, each person in the game is clearly meant to be someone other than their counterpart in OoT, besides Link, the Salesman, and Skull Kid.

The five stages of grief thing seems very clever on the part of the developers, but it's not exactly a major plot point now is it? This is akin to calling a character who makes a cameo a main character, someone important, yes they seem to have intentionally done this, but nothing more than an easter egg at best, unless they outright say otherwise. Majora's Mask was full of dark themes, but sometimes players can let their imaginations run a little too wild. The grief thing? Probably intentional, but the Elegy statues were a mere gameplay gimmick, you can be sure they didn't intend that whole "Ben drowned!" thing to happen. You also have to remember that you're applying this whole idea of "purgatory" and "the Lord's Prayer" of all things, but they have completely different religious beliefs in Japan. One person may look at a painting and think it means one thing, but another person will look at it and get something completely different. That applies here as well.

I don't believe he had any ulterior motive for having the mask outside of the fact that he's a mask collector and well, kind of collects masks. Like a really rich person with an obsession with something, they toss their money to get that "most prized possession", the Salesman merely went to great lengths to get a coveted mask of legends. The mask fed off of Skull Kid's already negative emotions, it called out to him, if the Salesman was evil, wouldn't the mask have called out to him to put it on? I don't see how you see him as evil, I just don't think a guy who tells Link to believe in himself and teaches him a healing song is really evil. If he was meant to be evil, they would have had some kind of wtf twist at the end revealing him to be the final boss or something, but at the end of the game he's just there like normal, he even tells Link a very touching line about meetings and partings.

@ThaT other guy:

E:
I'm glad I'm not a moderator or else I'd have to tell you to take this conversation somewhere else. As is *chews popcorn*. *spits out popcorn as I remember I don't like it* The point is, I'm enjoying this; please continue.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Shut up about Zelda and find me outrageous leaks
This.

Arguing about Zelda THEORIES is pointless because they are just theories, to each his own, they are impossible to prov... kind of like smash rumors, well maybe we are on topic then...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Please get this stupid theory stuff out of our collective face and take it somewhere else.

This popped up on GameFAQs (again). It's not a leak of new information, other than just to say "these other leaks are wrong," and the final game is drastically different from what they're claiming.

"So there's been a flood of "leaks" and "prophets" on here lately.
Or should I say people who say "I'm not prophet. I'm no troll." And then claim to leak copious amounts of information.

Which, as somebody who actually knows a few things, I can say that just about every single leak has almost entirely false information, with any true information being good guesses. Don't believe a single leaker that you read on here. None of them are even close to getting anything right, and I mean literally none of them. The roster is extremely clever, the stages are interesting, the game modes are fun and engaging. Everything is beyond the creative capabilities of anyone on these forums.

Best Smash ever? Hands down. Just wait until the next couple of reveals--there's so much more in store than hasn't been revealed yet that I'm not going to spoil, stuff that nobody else could come up with. I will say that there are a fair amount of hints in some of the daily pictures that are going to be pretty amusing once more is revealed."

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Please get this stupid theory stuff out of our collective face and take it somewhere else.

This popped up on GameFAQs (again). It's not a leak of new information, other than just to say "these other leaks are wrong," and the final game is drastically different from what they're claiming.

Or should I say people who say "I'm not prophet. I'm no troll." And then claim to leak copious amounts of information.

Which, as somebody who actually knows a few things, I can say that just about every single leak has almost entirely false information, with any true information being good guesses. Don't believe a single leaker that you read on here. None of them are even close to getting anything right, and I mean literally none of them. The roster is extremely clever, the stages are interesting, the game modes are fun and engaging. Everything is beyond the creative capabilities of anyone on these forums.

Best Smash ever? Hands down. Just wait until the next couple of reveals--there's so much more in store than hasn't been revealed yet that I'm not going to spoil, stuff that nobody else could come up with. I will say that there are a fair amount of hints in some of the daily pictures that are going to be pretty amusing once more is revealed."
I like this "leak" a lot more than the other ones.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

What does he mean by "the roster is clever"? lol

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In terms of hints from previous updates, all I can think of is quite obviously "an enemy from Samus' past could appear at any moment." Anyone else recall others?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What does he mean by "the roster is clever"? lol
Probably that it's different from what's been leaked in most every other leak? That it's different from just "Mewtwo is revamped, Little Mac, Dixie and Mii are in, New Shock Character is soooo unique, and these 3 low priority veterans are cut"?

Damn, double posted.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Probably that it's different from what's been leaked in most every other leak? That it's different from just "Mewtwo is revamped, Little Mac and Dixie are in, New Shock Character is so unique, and these low priority veterans are cut"?

Damn, double posted.
Well that is obvious, Sakurai's not an idiot.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Finally a leak that sounds reasonable!

I'm not too sure whether I'm to believe this, but it wouldn't take an insider to know this. Just looking at the pre-Brawl "leaks" should tell you that. Things never go like we expect them to. I do like the sound of what he's saying though, kind of reminds me how Brawl turned out in comparison to how people thought it would.

In terms of hints from previous updates, all I can think of is quite obviously "an enemy from Samus' past could appear at any moment." Anyone else recall others?
Wii Fit Trainer sleeping with no one else in sight is the only other thing I can think of that might be a slight hint, but nothing beyond that no. Knowing Sakurai the hints would probably be very vague.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom