• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
]If RIDLEY ISN'T TOO BIG is a real argument, then LUGIA ISN'T TOO BIG too :troll:

I remember reading on a giant info thread during the pre-International release for Brawl that Sakurai wasn't a big Wario fan and only thought he would most likely be a slow heavy Mario and there 'wasn't too much to work with' until they got creative for Brawl, not that "he deserved better." But to be honest I think that this could easily just be upset Wario fans purposely distorting info after Sakurai did a poor job representing the Wario Land series over the stuff Sakurai made up completely. Not that I blame them for being underwhelmed or anything, I am too.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Condescending? OK that's it. You say that Sakurai doesn't like Ganondorf and hence his moveset won't change because a user on NeoGAF translated a not reported interview he had back in 2002 where he supposedly simply said that Ganondorf was added last minute like all other clones, and I'm condescending because I don't take it as the undeniable truth? OK I guess.
Never said Sakurai didn't like Ganondorf. Never said Ganondorf's moveset wouldn't change. I gave you what I could find on short notice. It lines up with the poll results of the official Melee poll and there are other postings around the web that support everything said there. It's not baseless conjecture like you're implying. Seriously guy, put your damn knife away.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Stop playing the victim please, it's pathetic.
I'll accept the fact that maybe that phrase has some base somewhere, if you'll stop using sentences like "put your damn knife away".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, what? Sakurai thought Wario deserved better than Ganondorf? I would say that he just doesn't like Zelda much, considering that the three main characters aren't that great in Smash Bros, but then the guy mains Ganondorf, so I really have no idea...
I suppose Sakurai felt pressured to include Ganondorf given his very high popularity, while Wario could be skipped (Warioware wasn't a thing then, and Bowser and Peach were ahead of him). Making him a Falcon clone was the quick way out.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Stop playing the victim please, it's pathetic.
I'll accept the fact that maybe that phrase has some base somewhere, if you'll stop using sentences like "put your damn knife away".
You're being overly aggressive in a situation that absolutely does not call for it. Nearly 8 years on these boards have shown me that it makes for crappy conversation when arguments are laced with sarcasm and a "how is it humanly possible for you to be so stupid" tone. At the end of the day, this is still just about video games.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Like any character Ganondorf could change, but at the same time it should be expected that it won't be radical changes that completely alters his playstyle.

As for that link, the possible info does make some sense in context based on what we already know and what happened in Brawl, but it shouldn't be taken as fact. Also wouldn't say the user being banned completely dismisses it, the banning could have happened at any time (when it was originally posted here on SWF the guy wasn't banned), and it's development stuff for a game that was 12 years ago not someone trying to "leak" info.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy's cousin who works for Sakurai

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy's cousin who works for Sakurai
Spongebob references will always get liked

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

D

Deleted member

Wait, what? Sakurai thought Wario deserved better than Ganondorf? I would say that he just doesn't like Zelda much, considering that the three main characters aren't that great in Smash Bros, but then the guy mains Ganondorf, so I really have no idea...
Considering that Ganondorf was then a one-time deal as compared to the more iconic blue pig Ganon, I would imagine that Sakurai would have rather had the devil boar than the desert man who becomes him.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Considering that Ganondorf was then a one-time deal as compared to the more iconic blue pig Ganon, I would imagine that Sakurai would have rather had the devil boar than the desert man who becomes him.
He's not the only one-True Ganon would be one hell of a character to play around with.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
"Hello, I am a close friend of the brother of one of the workers at Namco Bandai, coincidentally, I also work at Namco Bandai and am part of the team helping Masahiro Sakurai develop the new Smash Brothers games for Wii U and 3DS."

Gotta love this.

Hey guyz I'm the brother of one of the workers at Namco Bandai!
Oh, and I work at Namco Bandai too by the way!
You also gotta love the "I won't disclose my exact position on the team, as that may risk me getting caught leaking information..." quote succeeding the statement. Considering the "leaker" just said he is on Sakurai's own development team, it isn't exactly calculus to confirm the whereabouts of that particular "leaker". It's a failure, even for fake leaks.

An especially helpful way to discern such fake leaks (that aren't even attempted for the illusion of accuracy) is to note if the particular "leaker" states which department he works for, and then afterwards directly state he doesn't want to get caught, all after painting a bull's eye target on his chest after disclosing an area of location he is situated.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I'll say this about nondisclosure agreements... in my experience, they're not as scary as they seem. I signed one a few years ago when I was a production assistant on a pretty big movie. I got to read the script and look at the sets and everything. While I never posted anything on the internet, I never stopped myself from talking to my friends about anything they asked. I never felt like I was in danger of getting fired.

This doesn't mean any "my friend works at Namco!" rumor is automatically true, just that "they signed a nondisclosure agreement" isn't a surefire way to debunk it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If these guys want to be believed when speaking perfect internet English, they could at least say they're from NOA.

Speaking of which, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't most, if not all, of the Brawl leaks come from the testing/translation stuff that was done during the final months of development over at NOA? If I remember correctly, several characters were leaked by multiple people who each played different builds of Brawl, with the final roster being "leaked" after someone combined it all?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Because being of one nationality instantly means you only speak that language and nothing else. And there totally aren't people from English speaking countries who move to Japan to possibly get a job at Nintendo.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Because being of one nationality instantly means you only speak that language and nothing else. And there totally aren't people from English speaking countries who move to Japan to possibly get a job at Nintendo.
But wouldn't this out the leaker as " the english guy", or " the pretty good at english guy"?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
But wouldn't this out the leaker as " the english guy", or " the pretty good at english guy"?
They actually have English classes in schools over there, like how US schools would have Spanish or French or something, so it wouldn't be too odd if a few people on the dev team spoke English. Plus there's gotta be someone translating what Sakurai's been saying, I don't think he's sending his pictures and quotes off to NoA to get translated every day.

LF2K

Floor Diver
According to Mr. Sakurai's Miiverse profile, his staff is translating his posts. So someone on the team knows English.

I believe that NoA did the translation for the Dojo back then. NoE then did the other languages.

I just can't see Blaziken not being similar, if not entirely identical, to Captain Falcon. They have the same build, fire based punches and kicks, and half the time you find Blazkin in a "knee of Justice" pose.

I wouldn't be surprised if the monster was based off SSB Captain Falcon to an extent.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just can't see Blaziken not being similar, if not entirely identical, to Captain Falcon. They have the same build, fire based punches and kicks, and half the time you find Blazkin in a "knee of Justice" pose.

I wouldn't be surprised if the monster was based off SSB Captain Falcon to an extent.
But would he say "Show me ya moves"? I think not...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Blaziken still an uber? because with Megaevolutions and Talonflame,he is not that useful now.
You're forgetting that Blaziken got an Mega Evolution as well.

Hell, that's what makes him uber. That thing hits HARD!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I see Blaziken as something Sakurai might pick in place of Mewtwo or Lucario for some reason.

I mean the leak is probably fake anyway but Blaziken definitely fits in Smash, probably from Sakurai's point of view as well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The thing is that Sakurai chooses Pokemon based on popularity.

And as far as I know, Blaziken, while popular, doesn't come very close to Mewtwo and Lucario's levels of popularity.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The thing is that Sakurai chooses Pokemon based on popularity.

And as far as I know, Blaziken, while popular, doesn't come very close to Mewtwo and Lucario's levels of popularity.
No.

He chooses them based on what's currently hot.

Just so happens, many of the veterans are currently hot.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
No.

He chooses them based on what's currently hot.

Just so happens, many of the veterans are currently hot.
Right, right. I meant to say "current popularity".

I'd like to keep this from getting off topic, but it's rather difficult when there aren't really any leaks/rumors worth being discussed at any given time.

D

Deleted member

I see Blaziken as more of a Shotoclone than I do a copy of Falcon.
Blaze Kick is typically shown in a Tatsumaki style, btw.

...Come to think of it, Blaziken being inspired by various Street Fighter and Tekken techniques would be quite interesting.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No one would take that Blaiziken leak seriously if it weren't for it being allegedly of Japanese origin.

The guy who posted the "60 character" leak just announced it being fake, by the way, as if he needed to announce that for you all to know it.

D

Deleted member

I don't take it seriously.

I just find Blaziken quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom