• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Only two more days til we see if that Dedede rumor is partially true.

I kinda hope it is. Everything seems cool and I'm always a fan of more music!

Last edited:

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Just remembered that Sakurai did Dedede's voice in Brawl. This makes me want him that much more this week.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Only two more days til we see if that Dedede rumor is true.

I kinda hope it is. Everything seems cool and I'm always a fan of more music!
You serious? ANYONE on here could have assumed that promotion=reveal. and just throw random stuff in to make it seem like a leak.

That leak is fake. Please don't tell me that you guys are gonna take that one seriously..... the only leak that is somewhat believable is that Sal Romano one.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You serious? ANYONE on here could have assumed that promotion=reveal. and just throw random stuff in to make it seem like a leak.

That leak is fake. Please don't tell me that you guys are gonna take that one seriously..... the only leak that is somewhat believable is that Sal Romano one.
If Dedede is revealed.

I'm putting it in the "watch" category.

I meant to say, "partially true."

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
If Dedede is revealed.

I'm putting it in the "watch" category.

I meant to say, "partially true."
....I wouldn't watch it, if he went further into the months and said a Fire emblem reveal like Ike in April. Or King K Rool revealed at a Feb direct, then maybe.

But diddy and DDD are the most obvious things that people assume on here, its someone from smashboards trolling again. But okay, now I can easily make an assumption into a leak now. Cool, gives me some ideas if I want to troll you guize. :awesome:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which rumor are we referring to?
This one.

"I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I know some information about Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Super Smash Bros for 3DS. I'm not a prophet. I'm not a troll. And I will ignore everyone who calls me one. I'm just a real big fan of the series who has some insider info to share. Now that that's out of the way, I will tell you some tidbits.
King Dedede will be revealed on January 10. The day before Kirby Triple Deluxe is released in Japan.
Diddy Kong will be revealed on February 13th. The day of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze's release in Japan.
There is a DKCR3D stage in the 3DS version. This was seen in the 1st trailer. It's a scrolling stage that constantly scrolls to the right. However, sometimes goes in diagonal directions. It's a real interesting stage and so far, it's the only one in Smash history to act like it! The music is to die for as well. It even has a couple of tracks from the Donkey Kong Land games!
The Wii U will have a generic DKCR stage that takes no physical cues from Tropical Freeze. However, there is talk on getting music from that game. We already have music from all main DKC games that have been released so far on this stage though. We even have a couple of tracks from DK64 It is a standard stage with no stage hazards. Rambi makes a background cameo though. As do a couple of Tikis. Graphically, it's looks stunning. I'm sure it's gonna be a favorite.
Orange Grenades are a new explosive item. They bounce on the ground when thrown and explode after a certain amount of time! There is a Funky Kong AT as well. He's still in the debugging process though, so he may be changed up a bit.
Dr. Mario is in the game somehow. I won't give out specifics just yet, but it's a lot of fun! I really enjoy the decision.
The Lorr Starcutter is a stage on the Wii U version. It works kind of like Coneria. It's layout and functionality is much different but the basic concept is the same. The background is stunning though. You fly through several locations from Return to Dreamland. You even fly to Another Dimension! Lots of Kirby Air Ride and Kirby's Return to Dreamland music plays on it.
While I'm talking about music, the number of songs is significantly higher than Brawl's. However, most of the songs are direct ports of songs from games instead of new remixes. This is very noticeable when looking at Mario Galaxy and Dr. Wily's Castle. Don't worry though. There are a LOT of songs on Mario Galaxy and Dr. Wily's Castle.
Well, there ya have it. That should tide you over. And to answer future questions.
Yes. Yes, I do know more.
But I don't plan on sharing it. Not now at least. Hope you have fun anticipating this stuff! :D"

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I can confirm that Frank Sinatra will be a secret character with Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin appearing as Assist Trophies. When Frank is unlocked this song plays on his stage:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

The leak that is most believable is the one with freaking Pac-Man, Miis, and Little Mac, because all signs point towards the latter two characters, literally ALL SIGNS!!!

Well if that rumor is remotely close in the reveal, then that's something to keep an eye out for, along with the Sal Romano one.
I honestly think Blaziken will be a Falcon semi-clone just by looking at Blaziken's knee of justice.
Blaziken getting Ganondorf's moveset, skillset, and playstyle while Ganondorf finally gets a moveset, skillset, and playstyle that involves dark magic and a sword or two of his=???

Where do I throw my money to make this happen=???

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The King Dedede and Diddy Kong reveal dates mentioned in the "leak" seems easily guessable, but I suppose it's worth taking into consideration for a while if Dedede is indeed revealed on the 10th of January, and for longer if Diddy is revealed on February 13th.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The leak that is most believable is the one with freaking Pac-Man, Miis, and Little Mac, because all signs point towards the latter two characters, literally ALL SIGNS!!!

Well if that rumor is remotely close in the reveal, then that's something to keep an eye out for, along with the Sal Romano one.
But the DDD+diddy is so safe, why not do it sooner? he "leaked" this when everyone knew that triple deluxe was going to come out in japan. It seems to be some smashboarder trolling again. I mean I could have done it for crying out loud. Its basically leaking what we Already know. He just added a few things to make it seem reasonable.

Also yes, the Sal Romano one could be completed at this E3. that leak is the one to watch, not the DDD+Diddy one. But okay, believe it if you must, but I don't think its even watchable, unless the same guy come back and says a bit more, which won't happen.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I wish I had read and knew what the Sal Romano leak was. Alas, I am too lazy.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But the DDD+diddy is so safe, why not do it sooner? he "leaked" this when everyone knew that triple deluxe was going to come out in japan. It seems to be some smashboarder trolling again. I mean I could have done it for crying out loud. Its basically leaking what we Already know. He just added a few things to make it seem reasonable.

Also yes, the Sal Romano one could be completed at this E3. that leak is the one to watch, not the DDD+Diddy one. But okay, believe it if you must, but I don't think its even watchable, unless the same guy come back and says a bit more, which won't happen.
The leak is safe, but again, it's about where it ends up, not where it is.

As for the Sal Romano one, it seems guaranteed to me. Miis and Little Mac seem all but confirmed, and Pac-Man makes too much sense.

Add it all together, and you have a perfect storm.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
If dedede is revealed its worth watching, easy to guess or not, still worth watching. Not much particularly interesting stuff in that leak though, no newcomers, which makes it seem more credible. Fakers tend to claim ridiculous things and if one were to "fake" guessing dedede on a likely day for credibility, I'd assume a faker would then come up with some info "bombs" like newcomers or something game changing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we get Dedede on the 10th people are going to give more credence to all those other non-Dedede bits of the rumors, even though all that happened was getting something fairly widely predicted.

At least if we don't we can throw several in the fake pile.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Are making stupid rumours to try and be funny played out yet in this thread?
Or are we going to milk it for a couple more weeks?

I am Sakurai's penis and can cumfirm that Geno has 0% chance of ever making it as a playable character in a Smash Bros game.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
can someone plz explain to me why then did sakurai not reveal a pokemon character when pokemon x and y launched last october if we're basing character reveals off of video game releases?

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
can someone plz explain to me why then did sakurai not reveal a pokemon character when pokemon x and y launched last october if we're basing character reveals off of video game releases?
Because Lucario is a secret character like in Brawl, Mewtwo is being completely re-worked, Pokemon Trainer is a gen 1 trainer, and Jigglypuff's getting cut.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I believe the rumor is that gamefreak did not allow any

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
And by rumor, it really is mere speculation. There really is little evidence to back the notion that GF didn't want their game advertised or even had the power to decide what Sakurai would show in his own blog...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And by rumor, it really is mere speculation. There really is little evidence to back the notion that GF didn't want their game advertised or even had the power to decide what Sakurai would show in his own blog...
Actually there is.

Apparently, the Xerneus quote's message is different in Japanese. Apparently, it's implied that he had something to show but couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom