• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
When it comes to the E3 leak, I'd be fine with Little Mac and Pac-Man, but Miis irk me. We already have two characters revealed--both newcomers, mind--who can fill what they could represent. Villager for the nameless avatar, and Wii Fit Trainer for the Wii itself.

Not saying Miis can't happen, of course, just that I personally wouldn't like to see them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah, but, music wise, that's about all that DK has. The DKC series I feel is fair game for Nintendo, but idk why, but it feels like DK64 is sketchy.
I heard the reason that DK64 isn't going to be on virtual console is because one of the unlockables (also needed for 100% completion) is a port of an old Rare arcade game. I'm guessing it'd be a lot more work to change it to say, Donkey Kong JR. than it was to change those banners in Wave Race 64.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I heard the reason that DK64 isn't going to be on virtual console is because one of the unlockables (also needed for 100% completion) is a port of an old Rare arcade game. I'm guessing it'd be a lot more work to change it to say, Donkey Kong JR. than it was to change those banners in Wave Race 64.
Yeah, in order to access the final area of the game, you need two things along with collectables.

1. A Nintendo coin from a Donkey Kong arcade game.
2. A Rareware coin from Cranky's computer through Rareware's Jetpac game.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
When it comes to the E3 leak, I'd be fine with Little Mac and Pac-Man, but Miis irk me. We already have two characters revealed--both newcomers, mind--who can fill what they could represent. Villager for the nameless avatar, and Wii Fit Trainer for the Wii itself.

Not saying Miis can't happen, of course, just that I personally wouldn't like to see them.
But the villager represents animal crossing, not the mii customization (The way your faces are chosen in animal crossing is much different than making a mii) and the wii fit trainer obviously pulls from the sport and wii fit franchises with no reference to the other "wii" series games. So if Mii's brought a really unique moveset or idea to smash bros, wouldn't they be fitting enough?

Shroob

Sup?
But the villager represents animal crossing, not the mii customization (The way your faces are chosen in animal crossing is much different than making a mii) and the wii fit trainer obviously pulls from the sport and wii fit franchises with no reference to the other "wii" series games. So if Mii's brought a really unique moveset or idea to smash bros, wouldn't they be fitting enough?
I think it just comes down to people not liking Miis in general. They're not really video game characters as much as they are customizable avatars.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I really don't want to fight Miis of real-life people and phallic imagery, as well.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I really don't want to fight Miis of real-life people and phallic imagery, as well.
Due to the Mii rule I am not sure if they'd let you use wifi with your mii and not replace it with one of those placeholder miis. They are not my favorite character I just get irked when people act like some things have no potential when they can be clearly unique and/or a definite part of Nintendo's image now.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Villager is using a generic animal crosser base already (and I assume his/her costumes may be other generic AC designs). I wouldn't be surprised if Mii's were generic as well.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Due to the Mii rule I am not sure if they'd let you use wifi with your mii and not replace it with one of those placeholder miis. They are not my favorite character I just get irked when people act like some things have no potential when they can be clearly unique and/or a definite part of Nintendo's image now.
I didn't say they never had potential. I said I wouldn't WANT to see them.
Villager is using a generic animal crosser base already (and I assume his/her costumes may be other generic AC designs). I wouldn't be surprised if Mii's were generic as well.
So if the major thing about Mii is customization, that's thrown out the window if they're generic or pre-set.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
i hate the mii and it should remain an avatar but since i believe the leaky 3 it's prob going to happen

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can we not use the term "leaky 3" again?

As for Miis, I'm fine with them....except for the idea of them being playable in Smash. I don't want them playable. The Mii is the only character which I believe a decent chance that I'm opposed to. (I don't really care for Pac-man, but unlike the Miis I wouldn't be upset about his inclusion.)

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I never see what the big deal with Mii as a character was. I for one, welcome it. With the Mii Plaza option on the 3DS and the countless games made for the Wii where the Miis were the only playable characters you could choice (Wii Sports, Wii Party, Wii Play, Wii Music Wii Sports Resort, Mario spin offs, etc) I could see them getting either a moveset from those games or becoming the generic "create-a-character" in the game with some limits of course.

I personally would like them with a preset moveset just so I can see Mii Parade as the final smash. But if not a character then I'd at least like an assist trophy

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd really like that new leak with the Doc Louis dialogue to be true, but it does nothing to set itself apart from the pack. Let's see the Doshin the Giant Assist Trophy reveal, then we can talk.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Guaranteed Sakurai knows that we've figured out the pattern and that everyone is assuming Dedede.
Bet you anything he trolls real hard and reveals Meta Knight tomorrow. Guaranteed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's just remember that this was something very widely predicted, the rumors that stated this would happen were just playing it safe, it doesn't mean we should view them any differently.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
As if it would actually mean anything even if that leak was real.

Only characters it mentions are Dedede and Diddy, yawn

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still, I do feel that it's a good idea to watch that one.

Although, I'll need something other than Dedede and Diddy to believe it.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
The problem with stage/music leaks is that it's very hard to disprove until the game's release. If we do get a Diddy reveal when Tropical Freeze comes out (which I'm sure we will) we'll never be able to get rid of this leak.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
It wasnt much of a leak but now i'll believe it, yes it was a SAFE leak but still it will be short lived if diddy doesnt happen and it didnt reveal anything major (newcomers) so i'm inclined to believe its real or at least definitely worth watching.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pfh, everyone predicted Dedede. Diddy is also an incredibly safe reveal. I'm not taking the leak for anything, and even then the only thing it tries to confirm are stages and items. I don't really see it as worth following honestly.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
back to the leaky 3, I want to know if company would actually prepare for e3 a year in advance
I guarantee you Sakurai had the 3 newcomers set for the E3 reveal (for 2013) ready and set from the get go.

No way he wasn't going to roll out the Villager to discredit his previous points, roll out Mega Man for the Mega Hype, and then later troll us to hell and back with the Wii Fit Trainer.
This. So much this.

I was the same way pre-brawl and now I feel like I'm pessimistic but it's just being realistic.
Honestly, they aren't bad additions.

If Sakurai can pull off the WFT, Villager, and Rosalina, why not Miis or Pac-Man=???

Little Mac practically writes his own moveset.

Guys, if the Smash development team added these characters, they will be of the same quality of the confirmed newcomers. SO REJOICE!!!! REST EASY!!!!

My thoughts on all the other rumors: wait and see.

One of them is bound to be true somewhere along the lines.
I was born on a Monday
I was born cut out on a Friday, and I was home by Sunday to partyyyyyyyy!!!! :shades:

Shroob

Sup?
The rumor is bull.

Please, anyone who knows release dates and follows the pattern is going to guess new game = reveal. Hell, the Smash wiki has on the bloody front page upcoming game releases because the pattern is true.

Anyone could have guessed Dedede if you went by the pattern, and Diddy is more or less guaranteed the same way. Nothing to see here, just a very obvious reveal, which will be followed by another very obvious one in February.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I guarantee you Sakurai had the 3 newcomers set for the E3 reveal (for 2013) ready and set from the get go.

No way he wasn't going to roll out the Villager to discredit his previous points, roll out Mega Man for the Mega Hype, and then later troll us to hell and back with the Wii Fit Trainer.

Honestly, they aren't bad additions.

If Sakurai can pull off the WFT, Villager, and Rosalina, why not Miis or Pac-Man=???

Little Mac practically writes his own moveset.

Guys, if the Smash development team added these characters, they will be of the same quality of the confirmed newcomers. SO REJOICE!!!! REST EASY!!!!

My thoughts on all the other rumors: wait and see.

One of them is bound to be true somewhere along the lines.

I was born cut out on a Friday, and I was home by Sunday to partyyyyyyyy!!!! :shades:
I meant the other 3 Little mac, mii, and pacman for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom