• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually there is.

Apparently, the Xerneus quote's message is different in Japanese. Apparently, it's implied that he had something to show but couldn't.
Plus given all the hints we've gotten for Little Mac and Miis, and just how things make sense with Pac-Man.

Guys. It's gonna happen.

Accept it, or prepare to be disappointed.

Pre-Brawl I hated the kind of guy I am being right now (about the then 39 character roster; I thought the rumored 45 character roster, with Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Roy, Mewtwo, and several other different characters playable) made more sense.

But regardless, it's just 3 more newcomers. We're probably going to get 3 to 6 more newcomers on top of the 4 we have plus those 3 all but confirmed (potential) newcomers.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
back to the leaky 3, I want to know if company would actually prepare for e3 a year in advance

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Plus given all the hints we've gotten for Little Mac and Miis, and just how things make sense with Pac-Man.

Guys. It's gonna happen.

Pre-Brawl I hated the kind of guy I am being right now (about the then 39 character roster; I thought the rumored 45 character roster, with Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Roy, Mewtwo, and several other different characters playable) made more sense.

But regardless, it's just 3 more newcomers. We're probably going to get 3 to 6 more newcomers on top of the 4 we have plus those 3 all but confirmed (potential) newcomers.
This. So much this.

I was the same way pre-brawl and now I feel like I'm pessimistic but it's just being realistic.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Am I the only person that wants that leak to be untrue? I don't want Miis, so much.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I thought Thursday was the norm for veteran reveals? Unless it's part of a direct on a Wednesday.

Has a character been announced on a Friday before? Sonic?

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman

Guys. It's gonna happen.

It's been a long time since I have wrote anything sorry guys ^_^', but I wouldn't worry too much about that man. The rumor involving those three could definitely be true, and if that is the case you are probably right with that 3 to 6 estimate, but Sakurai would have to know what his fanbase really wants. I am certain that any additional newcomers past them would be more up our alley. Sakurai doesn't want to disappoint us, the man puts his heart and soul into these games and does everything he can to make them satisfying. Afterall we already got Megaman, Rosalina, and (according to the rumor) Little Mac so the guy doesn't just tap into casual stuff. I would be honestly surprised if we don't start seeing more hype reveals in the future.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So I guess tomorrow is the day we find out whether that Dedede rumor is true or not.
Except for the fact that people have been guessing Dedede would be revealed on the 10th long before that rumor came up.

However, as far as rumors go, I wouldn't hate that one, at least as far as what he's shared so far. The fact that he didn't talk about characters at all isn't good though.

Regardless, he can only be disproven, not proven.

Shroob

Sup?
The only thing that gets me is the Orange Grenade. Nintendo's trying to phase anything Rare-made out of their games, so why would they just suddenly throw in the Orange Grenade of all things?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The only thing that gets me is the Orange Grenade. Nintendo's trying to phase anything Rare-made out of their games, so why would they just suddenly throw in the Orange Grenade of all things?
This was my thought exactly. I can't imagine them adding ANYTHING Rare-created beyond what they have to. Just look at the 2 DK stages from Brawl.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Has any rumor guessed Rosalina and Luma?

Might be worth looking at if anyone did.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I not going to take the rumor any more seriously if d3 and diddy get revealed because everyone and there mom predicted the same thing.

I asked a question earlier but no one answered, what is the likelihood they had already held newcomers to be revealed at the next e3 last e3.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This was my thought exactly. I can't imagine them adding ANYTHING Rare-created beyond what they have to. Just look at the 2 DK stages from Brawl.
Didn't they add tons of DKC music though?

splat

Smash Lord
Hello, everyone. I am part of one of the many localization teams working on the new Smash games, and I have some information that some of you might find interesting. The 'big guns' at Nintendo enjoyed the world-wide launch; they're now pushing it for these games as well. Hear me when I say this, though: my position is a fair bit down the line from the actual game development, so any information I have may be outdated - but I'm pretty certain most of it will make the end product.

I'd love to tell you about the game play, but unfortunately I know little more than most of you.

Sakurai is a brilliant man. I just want to put that out there first, because he really is. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will absolutely blow your mind.

• As many of you suspected, Little Mac will be included in the new games. Like the Star Fox crew before him, he can active some sort of 'conversation' between him and Doc Louis. Little Mac himself remains mostly silent, but Doc gives some of his typical tongue-in-cheek advice (I got a good chuckle out of a lot of them).
  • Mewtwo will return, though I doubt that will come as a surprise to anyone by now.
  • Assist Trophies will be plentiful, but the exact amount will differ between the two games - as will the amount of Pokémon appearing from Poké Balls. Doshin the Giant, Cranky Kong, Kamek and Metroid (who returns from Brawl) are some of the Assist Trophies I've heard about. Electrode (also returning), Musharna and Inkay are among the new Poké Ball Pokémon.
  • Unova's Pokémon League is set to appear as a playable stage in the 3DS version of the game, the Wii U gets a more generic stage.
  • Palutena will keep her role as Pit's Final Smash.
  • Advance Wars will get some love. Not going to spoil what kind - it's more than just a single Assist Trophy - but what it really is; you'll just have to wait and see.
  • Despite being absent from Brawl, the Red Shell and the Barrel Cannon will be in these games.
  • Finally, alternative costumes will appear to some extent - Sakurai has been hinting at it with the male Wii Fit Trainer. Animal Crossing fans are in for a treat as well: the female Villager will appear as an option too.

Keep in mind (can't stress this enough), some of this may be changed (unlikely though). Enjoy, guys!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Ha, the Doc Louis tips should be hilarious if true.

"Alright, Mac baby, listen up! This blue joker says you're too slow. Show him how a real fast fighter brings the pain!"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Kinda feels like he's playing very safe. Plus I have doubts we'll be seeing an Unova (Gen V) stage when we know Xerneas (Gen VI) is appearing in some way.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why can't we have a Gen V stage and a Gen VI stage? Doesn't Zelda have three stages already?

Also, there has been leaks about Smash for past installments, but they were small, and never much. None of these, bar the Paccy, LMac, and Miis rumor are really much to take seriously.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hello, everyone. I am part of one of the many localization teams working on the new Smash games, and I have some information that some of you might find interesting. The 'big guns' at Nintendo enjoyed the world-wide launch; they're now pushing it for these games as well. Hear me when I say this, though: my position is a fair bit down the line from the actual game development, so any information I have may be outdated - but I'm pretty certain most of it will make the end product.

I'd love to tell you about the game play, but unfortunately I know little more than most of you.

Sakurai is a brilliant man. I just want to put that out there first, because he really is. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will absolutely blow your mind.

• As many of you suspected, Little Mac will be included in the new games. Like the Star Fox crew before him, he can active some sort of 'conversation' between him and Doc Louis. Little Mac himself remains mostly silent, but Doc gives some of his typical tongue-in-cheek advice (I got a good chuckle out of a lot of them).
  • Mewtwo will return, though I doubt that will come as a surprise to anyone by now.
  • Assist Trophies will be plentiful, but the exact amount will differ between the two games - as will the amount of Pokémon appearing from Poké Balls. Doshin the Giant, Cranky Kong, Kamek and Metroid (who returns from Brawl) are some of the Assist Trophies I've heard about. Electrode (also returning), Musharna and Inkay are among the new Poké Ball Pokémon.
  • Unova's Pokémon League is set to appear as a playable stage in the 3DS version of the game, the Wii U gets a more generic stage.
  • Palutena will keep her role as Pit's Final Smash.
  • Advance Wars will get some love. Not going to spoil what kind - it's more than just a single Assist Trophy - but what it really is; you'll just have to wait and see.
  • Despite being absent from Brawl, the Red Shell and the Barrel Cannon will be in these games.
  • Finally, alternative costumes will appear to some extent - Sakurai has been hinting at it with the male Wii Fit Trainer. Animal Crossing fans are in for a treat as well: the female Villager will appear as an option too.

Keep in mind (can't stress this enough), some of this may be changed (unlikely though). Enjoy, guys!
...Seems legit guyz!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He's playing it very, very safe.

The fact that he said he is involved with work on the game at all though has me inclined to believe it's fake.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I realize that in all likely hood all leaks to date are false (yes even the leaky 3, but let's not get into that please?), but do we really have to accuse every leak of either playing it safe, or saying something stupid? Something is either going to sound reasonable to us, or it isn't, so no matter what, we're going to dismiss pretty much anything for one of these two reasons. For example, if Rosalina had been leaked I'm pretty sure most everyone actively participating in this discussion would have said that that is ridiculous. On the other hand if Megaman had been leaked, we would have accused them of "playing it safe." Don't worry guys and gals, we're all taking these with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom