• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I HEARD THIS RUMOR YOSHI IS NOT GOING TO BE IN THE GAME CUZ KING K. ROOL ATE HIM! SO HYPE!

Anyway this is a rumor/leak thread, but has someone devolved into being a, "I THEORIZE" thread. Someone should make a thread like that so this thread has actual rumors or something. Just saying......

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I HEARD THIS RUMOR YOSHI IS NOT GOING TO BE IN THE GAME CUZ KING K. ROOL ATE HIM! SO HYPE!

Anyway this is a rumor/leak thread, but has someone devolved into being a, "I THEORIZE" thread. Someone should make a thread like that so this thread has actual rumors or something. Just saying......

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What? There's nothing left?
Probably nothing you KNOW.
I wouldn't consider Shulk nothing. I wouldn't consider Paper Mario nothing. And many more.

Forgot about those. But do remember that, after those I mentioned get in, all of the main Nintendo franchises will be completed. Besides other popular characters and "minor" franchises, what's left?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
actually these post are on topic since were discussing what the game will be like if we do get the low amount of newcomers in the newest leak.

anyway I am not saying items and stages are not imp, in fact I hold stages to a high pedestal but to say there even close to the driving force as a character is ridiculous. when people buy these games I can almost gaurentee you it's because it has so and so and not because it has this awesome galaxy stage . if the game only had 6-8 newcomers it be very disappointing to me and would feel like a brawl plus.

as for new characters that could be added
ridley
king k rool
dixie kong
toad
bowser jr
paper mario
pacman
dunk hunt dog
ect

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To post an image, you need to click the image icon (the one that looks like a tree), then put down the image URL and the picture should show up.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
well if they are sending out calendars then now is the time to do it with 2013 almost done

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here's the image he is talking about:

Also, I think the 5 is referring to May being the fifth month of the year, not May 5th for a potential release. Also, this doesn't necessarily mean anything because back in 2006 Nintendo Power released a "Smash 2007" calendar for Brawl and we all know how that turned out.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Here's the image he is talking about:
Also, I think the 5 is referring to May being the fifth month of the year, not May 5th for a potential release. Also, this doesn't necessarily mean anything because back in 2006 Nintendo Power released a "Smash 2007" calendar for Brawl and we all know how that turned out.
That was their intended release date, so it actually could mean plenty. I seriously doubt we're going to see online-related 3 month delays again this time.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do doubt delays considering, by May, that would be 2 years and 3 months into development. The same exact amount Brawl went through.

It does help that, due to the advanced programming tools provided by the staff and Namco Bandai and the lack of a SSE equivalent, it makes development faster and more efficient.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The calender seems outdated. Down the bottom where it lists the owners of the characters, it doesn't include SEGA or Intelligent Systems like the website does.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The calender seems outdated. Down the bottom where it lists the owners of the characters, it doesn't include SEGA or Intelligent Systems like the website does.
That may simply be because neither Marth or Sonic are shown here but, yeah, it does seem a bit outdated but, then again, calendars are typically made months in advance before they're distributed...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That may simply be because neither Marth or Sonic are shown here but, yeah, it does seem a bit outdated but, then again, calendars are typically made months in advance before they're distributed...
It literally states that the copyrights are for the characters, so it's definitely because they aren't shown.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
May 4 was highlighted. Know what that means:
Please may I not be the only one who understands this.
Anyway, I believe that the game will come out a little later, maybe June /July or possibly around Thanksgiving.

D

Deleted member

If Smash is in May....

May confirmed for best month of the year.
Smash AND Godzilla.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The full calendar has been revealed. There doesn't seem to be any meaning behind the games assigned to each month:

TL;DW version:

January: Wii U Party
February: Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games
March: Pikmin 3
April: the Wonderful 101
May: Super Smash Bros
June: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
July: DK: Tropical Freeze
August: Mario Kart 8
September: Wind Waker HD
October: Pokemon X and Y
November: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
December: Super Mario 3D World

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
The full calendar has been revealed. There doesn't seem to be any meaning behind the games assigned to each month:

TL;DW version:

that sucks though if smash is not released in may it is the only title that is on the calender that has not released yet

D

Deleted member

Ohey he made a new post.
Apologies for making you wait so long. Apparently new posters can post a maximum 3 posts per hour. I thought it was just the 10 per 24 hours rule.

Working with Sakurai wasn't the opportunity I was hoping it would be, as he really seemed like such a nice guy from all the interviews. But I'm leaving Sora after this game is done and heading back home to the US and most likely go back to school, which is why I'm okay with being "relieved of my duties" pre-release.

As for why other characters were not chosen:

- Chrom was shot down due to looking too much like Marth. This also went for Lucina as well. His explanation was that characters in a fighting game like Smash Bros. need to stand out from the others, as getting confused who your character is can wreck the match for you.

- We initially planned to include Little Mac, but changed our minds when coming up with concept ideas for him, as he was very one dimensional.

- I don't mean to feed the "too big" crowd by saying this, but Ridley did have programming problems. He is a very time consuming character due to all of his parts (wings, tail, head and claws), and we felt that by choosing not to go ahead with Ridley, we could spend more time working on other characters. We didn't want to copy Charizard's animations as Sakurai has really high standards for this game.

- When Sakurai chooses his "retro" characters (Pit and Ice Climbers), as we found out, he only wants to choose characters who are international. Despite his appearance in Samurai Warriors 3, and a cameo in Nintendo Land, Sakurai felt he was still locked to Japan and denied him.

I didn't say spring release. Q2 implies April to June. And it's looking moreso like it'll be June.

All of the characters will be done by the end of February. We'll be finalizing everything in March, and then getting ready to release it.
I never believed this rumor (especially with what others have said), but I find the bolded to be bullocks.

There is no way that Ridley would be too difficult of a character to add. By this logic, Mega Man and Sonic should not have been included. Remember, Sakurai did say that fitting third-party characters in was in some ways, harder than making the game itself.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I never believed this rumor (especially with what others have said), but I find the bolded to be bullocks.

There is no way that Ridley would be too difficult of a character to add. By this logic, Mega Man and Sonic should not have been included. Remember, Sakurai did say that fitting third-party characters in was in some ways, harder than making the game itself.
I do not understand your comparison at all. Mega Man and Sonic being difficult to add has to do with rights and making all parties happy. Ridley being difficult to add has to do with programming, animation and other technical things.

D

Deleted member

I do not understand your comparison at all. Mega Man and Sonic being difficult to add has to do with rights and making all parties happy. Ridley being difficult to add has to do with programming, animation and other technical things.
Read this interview:
IGN: You debuted two crossover characters -- Sonic and Solid Snake -- in Brawl. Awesome additions! But we have to be honest, with all the music from different famed composers in the game, we were expecting even more character crossovers from the likes of Square and perhaps even Capcom. Any reason Brawl doesn't feature even more? (And we know -- Nintendo fans are never happy!)

Masahiro Sakurai: Adding characters from other series and from other worlds, really, outside the Nintendo universe, is an incredibly difficult process. In some ways it's more difficult from just building a game from the ground up because you're really trying to make everything match and in some ways that creates limitations. I hope that people can understand that's the reason we can't include more characters from outside the Nintendo universe. And, of course, I believe that when you increase the number of worlds, you're also increasing the number of people who could potentially enjoy that videogame and the series that you're putting in there. But there are also problems because having these non-traditional characters in there -- even with just Snake and Sonic -- has resulted in a number of people who do dissent in seeing these characters put into the Smash series. It's not a simple matter of adding as many worlds and characters from other games as possible -- you can't be careless in doing that sort of thing, you have to be careful. Internally and externally, there have been people who have raised objections to it.
Even thought rights and licensing issues plays a large role in why so few third-parties exist in Smash, we also have to take into account that fitting them in the Smash universe is an incredibly difficult process. When adding a third-party character in Smash, it is not just adding the character in that's so difficult, they also have to fit in an universe that is not from Nintendo, which significantly adds to the already very difficult process of adding newcomers. We are very lucky to see Mega Man & Sonic added into Smash considering that Sakurai sees fitting them as incredibly difficult.

I am not saying Ridley wouldn't be difficult, of course. But Sakurai is the same man that have managed to performed miracles with characters and added characters almost every gamers never though would work in Smash (Snake and Wii Fit Trainer). If Sakurai wants Ridley in Smash, we will get Ridley in Smash. It comes down to whenever or not Sakurai does want Ridley in.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

TL;DW version:

Eh, **** this ****.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
well take into account smash is the only game on there that's listed that has not been released by the month it rep

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
Groose helped compile the following list.
KEY:
  • GREEN - Confirmed true
  • RED - Confirmed fake
  • YELLOW - Special cases
  • WHITE - Pending confirmation
I like this thread. The rumors don't seem very juicy though. Most of them are either completely plausible or ridiculous. When I hear things like
"a veteran fighter is confirmed"...

Me: K.

"King K. Rool is a Boss"...

Me: That's what he is.

"K. Rool is a playable character"

Me: hmmm... I could see it.

"Yoshi deconfirmed"

Me: OH hail naw!

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I like this thread. The rumors don't seem very juicy though. Most of them are either completely plausible or ridiculous. When I hear things like
"a veteran fighter is confirmed"...

Me: K.

"King K. Rool is a Boss"...

Me: That's what he is.

"K. Rool is a playable character"

Me: hmmm... I could see it.

"Yoshi deconfirmed"

Me: OH hail naw!
WOULD IT HELP IF THIS GUY WAS CONFIRMED:
?
YEAH HE ATE YOSHI

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I don't see how animating Ridley would be any more complicated to design than Charizard. They share a similar body structure. What's the problem?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
"Look at Ridley's tail."
"Charizard has a tail..."
"...And Ridley's big head and neck!"
"...And Charizard's head and long neck."
"And those claws..."
"...Like Charizard."
"Uh... He also has wings!"
"And so does Pit. I mean Meta Knight. I mean Charizard."
"..."
"..."
"... HE'S COMPLEX!!!"
"But your argument isn't."
:(

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Look guys, this really isn't the right thread for this and I'm a big Ridley supporter, but you honestly can't say that Ridley would be just as simple as Charizard to implement. Charizard is incredibly compact. Sure they're both dragons, but Charizard is a stout, fat, dragon with small limbs and small wings. Ridley is slender, gangly pterodactyl dragon that is quite literally the opposite of compact. There is also the issue of power. Charizard can be large, heavy, and powerful since he is slow as well and that makes sense for the character. However, Ridley is supposed to be large, powerful, heavy, and fast. I'm not saying it would be impossible to implement, and Sakurai certainly could if he really wanted to, but you just can't say that Charizard's inclusion makes Ridley's inclusion trivial.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
"Slender", "Gangly", whatever... Does anybody ever care to notice that Ridley's body shape is actually quite human-like outside of his head, neck, and obvious non-human parts? Not trying to say that makes him even or diminishes the difficulty of properly implementing him. But people seriously overstate his body shape like it would be some bizarre anomaly among the cast. Charizard's body shape is more unusual. Ivysaur as a quadruped with vines is a bit more unusual. Then there's Donkey Kong whose overall frame technically makes him the biggest character in the cast, yet he's able to look roughly Bowser's size. Point is Ridley is simply not some major exception that makes him a vastly more difficult subject to approach. He's just unique like many other non-conforming characters currently in the cast are.

As for how Ridley is supposed to be, do we need to look at other characters that are supposed to play or act a certain way yet do not? It's great when a character can achieve a near-perfect simulation of their canon self in Smash, but it doesn't always happen, and more often not it simply does not occur even where there's no reason that character can't be all they can be.

I'm all for looking at the Ridley situation as objectively as possible. I only ask others try and do the same, instead of always making Ridley out to be some sort of exceptionally complicated case. He's a complex problem, yes. He's a uniquely complex problem, NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom