• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Maybe I am a bit slow, but please elaborate as I am quite perplexed by your statement. Mixing represent and character is bad how?

Maybe I am a bit slow, but please elaborate as I am quite perplexed by your statement. Mixing represent and character is bad how?
If you think about it, Sakurai usually states repeatedly, "Can this character bring something new to the table?" or some quote along those lines when it comes to adding characters. He never mentions (Or at the least, he doesn't mention that much) anything about representation.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
If you think about it, Sakurai usually states repeatedly, "Can this character bring something new to the table?" or some quote along those lines when it comes to adding characters. He never mentions (Or at the least, he doesn't mention that much) anything about representation.
OK, I see what you mean. Anyway, Smash has always been a way to bring the major characters of each franchise and make them fight in a battle royale. Since you want to bring major characters from their franchise, you want to bring a character that properly embodies and represent the franchise. Brawl succeeded in bringing more new franchises than Melee.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I wouldn't go as far to say that he is difficult to develop... but moreso... Sakurai never saw it as... an option/choice/idea.

At least, that's my interpretation. Like he was like "Lolwhatno.... oh, you're serious... well.... maybe?"
That's probably right, seeing as how Ridley was initially an Assist Trophy, then turned into two bosses for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member

Or he could have been both like how Hammer Bro. was an enemy and an Assist. His filename seems to give off a connotation of being the Assist "version" of Ridley.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
hey guys im a worker at namco coperation i herd that loyd wil be in the next super smash brother game for wii u and 3ds also mega man creator dr wily is a bos its prety cool so ye im teling the truth

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There's a rumo now supposing pictures of today's direct video and sakurai reveal rosalina being playable if true SEE I TOLD YOU GUYS THE GALAXY STAGE WOULD HELP HER BEING PLAYABLE BIG TIME

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh, and that GameFAQs one that hinged on there only being three more newcomers, none of whom were Rosalina, is also dead.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I
I think more than just this rumor is dead now. A lot of the rumors are dead now. I don't think there was a single one that had Rosalina as a new character.
well it doesn't disprove ALL the rumors just the ones that claimed "these characters and no one else" since no one said rosalina... I still believe the little-pac-mii rumor to be true as it involved someone knowing what characters might get revealed at E3 and now sakurai might purposely have held them back since revealing one will open a flood gate of knowing the other 2. but any of the many rumors that claimed to know inside info with the game and failed to mention Rosalina, who was on bench to be revealed, is dead now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thank gawd we got a character so unpredicted it destroyed a decent amount of rumors.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Well since there is a galaxy and that helped Rosalina's chances, that means the boxing ring stage gives little mac a chance to enter the fray. QUICK spread this rumor around.....

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Here i'll make one. Let's pretend.

Hello, you probably are wondering who I am. Well that is a secret, but what I can say is that I am working on the new Super Smash Brothers. Boy gee, how hard it is. I help alongside the Sakurai with level design, as he oversees our work. Working along side the famous Sakurai is a sort of breath taking moment, but enough of that, you probably do not want to hear that. I know what you want though.

Well I am here to leak some stuff, just mainly because I feel I have to give back to my favorite community. Of course if I get caught, i'll be fired. Anyways, as most of you probably already saw, Rosalina is a playable character. I can confirm there will be up to 15 newcomers possible. We are trying to work out two more for a slamming 17 newcomers.

We are cutting a few characters as well these include: Ike, Lucario, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, and Snake.
Lucario is getting replaced with a "Very popular legendary" while Pokemon Trainer is going to be a new Trainer which is why he will be considered a Newcomer.

Anyways, we've only reached the tip of the iceberg. While I wont try to reveal to you any newcomers,I can give hints and I can answer questions you may have. Besides, why would you want to know the whole roster?
Thank you for your time,
Secret service LeakyNintendo.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I find it funny that, even with Rosalina confirmed, there's still one rumor/leak that's split among the fanbase as true or fake: The Little Pac-Mii NeoGaf rumor.

Don't you love it when rumors contradict each other and cancel out?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
So which Rumors and leaks are still alive? I also want to speculate any odd actions like what Sakurai pulled with the Gateway Galaxy Stage, purposely delaying till Rosy's reveal in 3D World. Do any of these odd actions match up with the surviving leaks?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I find it funny that, even with Rosalina confirmed, there's still one rumor/leak that's split among the fanbase as true or fake: The Little Pac-Mii NeoGaf rumor.

Don't you love it when rumors contradict each other and cancel out?
Did that rumor say those six were the only newcomers?

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Yeah because people haven't been saying that since we first saw the stage. :rolleyes:
OK, well since there is a Pilotwings stage, there is a good chance that the Pilotwings character will become completely payable...spread it around.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
We need more fake leaks deconfirming characters. They always seem to get proven wrong mere days later.

D

Deleted member

Nope, it only said that he knew 6 newcomers: Villager, WFT, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii.
Well we don't know for sure if it's 100% true. It's 50%, but we still haven't seen Little Mac, Pac-Man, or Miis yet. I think that we are only going to get Little Mac from the "leaky 3."

memememe

Smash Apprentice
I think the only certainty at this point is that every rumor is probably wrong.
It looks like we're in for a totally unpredictable roster; I don't think anyone expected anybody revealed so far, save maybe Mega Man.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The leak of Villager/Mega Man/WFT was definitely legitimate, it's just a matter of playing the waiting game now to find out whether the other three were legitimate as well, or whether they were false info or non-leaked characters stuck among the leaked ones, or something else.

Also, I'm very tempted to call WiiLuvU's leak disconfirmed now, seeing as how I'm heavily skeptical of there being a sixth Mario character in Paper Mario after Rosalina. Not that a guy who shared a username with an earlier false leaker and who claims Villager replaced Jigglypuff was particularly believable in the first place, but yeah.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Another "leak" has been posted on GameFAQs by a user called Betternet:

I'm not going to bother with some vain preface and balderdash in an attempt to establish credibility. Read and think what you will, but remember to come back to this list as more and more revelations show concurrence.

<u>Final Character Roster</u>

1st Row: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo
2nd Row: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Pit, Palutena, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Krystal, Marth, Chrom & Lucina
3rd Row: Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Ness, Samus, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Little Mac, Takamaru, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man

All names written as announced upon selection.

Cut: Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake
Reworked: Pokemon Trainer

Clarifications and general information are as followed:
- Mewtwo was the final character solidified in the roster.
- Mewtwo will not use either Mega Form.
- Mewtwo's Final Smash is called "Psycho Break".
- Lucario's Final Smash has not been finalized.
- Zelda's transformation into Sheik has not been changed.
- Samus's transformation into Zero Suit Samus has not been changed.
- Pokemon Trainer no longer commands Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.
- Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash is called "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge".
- Pac-Man will be announced at E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct.
- Ganondorf will be revealed at E3 2014 via Nintendo Direct.
- Release date will be announced at E3 2014: Wii U being "early autumn" and 3DS during the holidays.
- Other characters are at the whim of marketing demands regarding showcasing

Regarding Chrom & Lucina: During the selection screen, the player may choose who to start the match with. Both Chrom and Lucina have a separate moveset and fight individually, save for when any of their specials are used, at which point their partner will materialize (having been out of view in any other circumstance) to perform a combo and switch them out. Their specials are the same in name but perform slightly differently depending on who was in use upon their activation. They share the same Final Smash, which does not induce a swap out. Switching is instant, considering the special being used, and has no transformation delay.

Regarding Krystal: No blaster--she uses her anticipated staff from Star Fox Adventures. Her Final Smash isn't yet decided but is narrowed to the names "Krazoa Spirit", "Krazoa Takes" (which may be a misinterpretation on my end), simply "Krazoa", and "Quake".

That is all I know for the time being. Other details and finishing touches I will learn gradually throughout the first and second quarters, upon which time most information will be pouring out regardless. I'll close in saying that this isn't my first time at the rodeo, fellows, and that I know how this whole routine usually plays out; despite inevitable doubt and ridicule (even though complaints at the "drought of information" are everpresent and ongoing), know that it was my pleasure to share this leaked information with my peers and friends, as it always.

BTW, here's the topic link while it's still up: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68136761

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom