• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I made a 50-man roster using the four most believable leaks (Mii/Pac/Mac, Diddy/Dedede, Translator, and this new "Namco Visit" one). They all seemed to coinside with one another, with the only problem being Diddy and Dixie being together in the Translator leak, but not the Namco Visit leak. They could easily have been separated on the roster for whatever reason between the leaks, or just separated on this version that the Toots guy apparently played, but I don't know. I don't think I'd mind this roster at all, really.

this is what i think.

DK- dixie is probably a seperate character anyway. 4 DK characters.
Zelda- Sheik could come back and there are rumors of maybe ghirahim being playable.
Metroid- don't know about Adam being playable. maybe that slot should be for ZSS.
KI- no changes on this roster.
Kirby- no changes.
Pokemon- i can see mewtwo coming back.
Fire Emblem- Ike could be cut but i doubt it. chrom i can see as playable.
Star Fox- no changes, but i wish they would add Krystal, just because i want more female characters.
The characters i'm iffy about are isaac and snake. i love isaac, but only 1 golden sun representative? i figure they would deserve 2. and snake i don't see coming back. i think brawl was his own time to be playable. and wheres takamaru? theres been a lot of talk about people wanting him in. so far, i'm glad that people are also wanting shulk as a character. it would be interesting to see him fight in smash.

thats just my opinion though. something about the previous leak just seems off though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If not already being worked on, the OP still needs attention: The text colors are wrong and all spoilers are just text saying "Spoilers" with no way of viewing the actually content.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Uh can't you take those images and put them into something that tells you what kind of camera they were taken with, the time of day it was taken etc? Unless this guy can decode, there's no way he can change these things as they are coded into the images when they are created by the camera phone. Just check the date it was taken.

For what its worth, whoever took these photos DID get into the actually HQ.

peachy!

super princess
I made a 50-man roster using the four most believable leaks (Mii/Pac/Mac, Diddy/Dedede, Translator, and this new "Namco Visit" one). They all seemed to coinside with one another, with the only problem being Diddy and Dixie being together in the Translator leak, but not the Namco Visit leak. They could easily have been separated on the roster for whatever reason between the leaks, or just separated on this version that the Toots guy apparently played, but I don't know. I don't think I'd mind this roster at all, really.

That's my dream roster (minus Lip and Takamaru). It's too good to be true.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Uh can't you take those images and put them into something that tells you what kind of camera they were taken with, the time of day it was taken etc? Unless this guy can decode, there's no way he can change these things as they are coded into the images when they are created by the camera phone. Just check the date it was taken.

For what its worth, whoever took these photos DID get into the actually HQ.
Here's one of the photo bucket links if you want to try to look into it more. http://s268.photobucket.com/user/TeekyCres/media/namco1_zps361f8190.png.html
I am not sure how the site works but I think privacy settings or something are on which prevent me from looking into more detail. If only the guy who posted them would just comment more.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL Adam over Anthony? What would he do? Tell people not to use their special moves until he authorizes them? :troll:

Kel

Smash Master
Reply to my closed thread http://smashboards.com/threads/i-have-played-the-new-smash-bros-wii-u-version.346330/#post-16231274
You guys wanted those pics really badly.
There's nothing in them that showcases anything Smash. They're tourist pics, really.
I also looked into it and the Pokemon I meant was Oshawott.
As for the artwork of the new characters, I only saw them from head up. Chrom was facing to the right, Dixie Kong had her mouth open and looking down, Issac and Adam looked sorta neutral. Shulk was also looking to the right.

I went and searched for "namco office" "Japanese office workers" etc. to see if I could find any photos quickly off google regarding these.

I did find the outside of the Namco building http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/NBGI_Headquarters.JPG and it matches the inside of that last picture perfectly.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Reply to my closed thread http://smashboards.com/threads/i-have-played-the-new-smash-bros-wii-u-version.346330/#post-16231274
You guys wanted those pics really badly.
There's nothing in them that showcases anything Smash. They're tourist pics, really.
I also looked into it and the Pokemon I meant was Oshawott.
As for the artwork of the new characters, I only saw them from head up. Chrom was facing to the right, Dixie Kong had her mouth open and looking down, Issac and Adam looked sorta neutral. Shulk was also looking to the right.
I'm going to give this one the benefit of the doubt and keep my eye on this information. He's listed specifics on portraits and pokes, so there's not much we can do but wait until more of this info is comfirmed/deconfirmed

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Get rid of the extra zelda and Isaac and Adam then that will be more likely

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Here's one of the photo bucket links if you want to try to look into it more. http://s268.photobucket.com/user/TeekyCres/media/namco1_zps361f8190.png.html
I am not sure how the site works but I think privacy settings or something are on which prevent me from looking into more detail. If only the guy who posted them would just comment more.
Correct. And actually, there is no .exif data (what swordbreaker mentioned). Of course, that data can be wiped. HOWEVER if you look, the images are not all the same dimensions. 1024x572, with one being 1024x577. Doesn't seem big but it means they were not taken by a phone/camera/whatever and instead, most likely, cropped (explains the inconsistency in dimensions). Judging from the quality probably a video.
Also if you search the PB user name a single thread on bell tree forums comes up with the search result being an image to a Brawl tournament bracket by a user who seems to very much like Smash.

Junior Detective Ndayday signing out.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I took it into a program that gives you all that data and it looks like it was changed to png which changes things, as photos are not created in png format natively. Since it was edited and saved as a png that means that its treating the image as it was created based on the png file and not when it was actually taken with the camera.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Correct. And actually, there is no .exif data (what swordbreaker mentioned). Of course, that data can be wiped. HOWEVER if you look, the images are not all the same dimensions. 1024x572, with one being 1024x577. Doesn't seem big but it means they were not taken by a phone/camera/whatever and instead, most likely, cropped (explains the inconsistency in dimensions). Judging from the quality probably a video.
Also if you search the PB user name a single thread on bell tree forums comes up with the search result being an image to a Brawl tournament bracket by a user who seems to very much like Smash.

Thank you, no more Adam.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Adam_Malkovich

Basically, Samus' first Commanding Officer. Mentioned in Fusion (and the AI that guides Samus is modeled after his mind), and has a significant role in Metroid: Other M.
Significant in that he's the reason you can't screw attack super missile and power bomb your way through the game. (and also he's the reason samus almost had a heat stroke because varia suit needs to be authorized)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Significant in that he's the reason you can't screw attack super missile and power bomb your way through the game. (and also he's the reason samus almost had a heat stroke because varia suit needs to be authorized)
And how Samus constantly falls over him like a high school crush.
...You know, there were many things wrong with that game...
Hmm.....I see. Well, I've never played Metroid Other M before. Thanks for the information.
Your lucky, I actually sat through Theater Mode. I could say the story's duller than a rock, but that would be insulting rocks .

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think people waiting for a spring release are going to be severely disappointed. :/

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And how Samus constantly falls over him like a high school crush.
...You know, there were many things wrong with that game...

Your lucky, I actually sat through Theater Mode. I could say the story's duller than a rock, but that would be insulting rocks .
So it was that bad?

Anyways, even though Toots may hold something, I'd keep a good eye on this for now along with what Sal Romano and the Neogaf claim (the one which stated that Ashley is an Assist Trophy) claimed as well and see if what they stated is true within the next couple of months.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Even if this rumor is correct there could still be secret characters and such. Either way, I am excited for the game no matter what characters get in. Although I would love to have my K. Rool <3.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I think people waiting for a spring release are going to be severely disappointed. :/
I honestly don't think so. Unless Nintendo has something in their direct to save them they have to get this out ASAP. As insulting as this sounds, Hyrule Warriors really does show how much panic Nintendo is in from lack of titles right now (It's clearly a desperate attempt at a distraction title). Just hope for version updates.

Anyway, back to Toots. If that's the person's photobucket, I'm pretty sure the roster leak is fake. Don't know how they got the images, but looking at the Animal Crossing website that the account is tied to (if they are the same person) it's seems that poster is very active on the board (over 5,000 posts and still active) , yet makes no mention of a trip to Japan or Namdai offices despite having posting activity on the day he was at the offices. There are some other things I could bring up, but there's really no point I guess.

To be honest, I wish that Yusuke guy would just AIM ChaosZero and have him tell us which ones for sure are fake and not comment about anything else. Also wish someone would just leak everything. There are TOO many this time around and it's actually pretty boring at this point. It be more entertaining getting the roster, watching the breakdowns/joy than pulling hair out and doing detective work.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"Ridley and King K. Rool are not playable because Sakurai is looking for uniqueness."

Not sure if I should be feel annoyed or if I should laugh at that. It's a pure load of garbage.
And both those characters could still definitely not be playable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So it was that bad?

Anyways, even though Toots may hold something, I'd keep a good eye on this for now along with what Sal Romano and the Neogaf claim (the one which stated that Ashley is an Assist Trophy) claimed as well and see if what they stated is true within the next couple of months.
It's worse than that. I haven't even scratched the surface. And please, don't get me started with that scene in the Pyrosphere. I'm still trying to forget.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'd take summer at latest
Yeah, summer seems realistic to me, considering the game will have been in development for two years this spring, and The main reason brawl took so long was the glorious cutscenes in SSE.

There's also Sakurai's mention of "beefing up" the game, implying they are refining it at this point.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Opinions are opinions, but the consensus loves to over-exaggerate what was likely the opposite of what everyone was expecting in a new Metroid (especially coming right after the critically acclaimed Prime Trilogy).

I liked the game, but this is neither the time nor thread to discuss that.

Groose

Smash Champion

I'm sorry. That was absolutely necessary. From one leak-buster to another, nice work.​

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It's worse than that. I haven't even scratched the surface. And please, don't get me started with that scene in the Pyrosphere. I'm still trying to forget.
What? Samus hasn't always been a fragile little butterfly? Color me surprised!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Opinions are opinions, but the consensus loves to over-exaggerate what was likely the opposite of what everyone was expecting in a new Metroid (especially coming right after the critically acclaimed Prime Trilogy).

I liked the game, but this is neither the time nor thread to discuss that.
...Did we see the same game? There was nothing redeeming (except for Anthony) in it.
But, I do agree, as much as I like yelling at this game. I'd be better off doing it in another thread...

What? Samus hasn't always been a fragile little butterfly? Color me surprised!
Oh yeah sure, cry at the THIRD time you fight him... That makes perfect sense in Sakamoto's delusional mind!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
2014 is the year of yoshi? f'in ghey if you ask me. should be the year of smash brothers and the best smash brothers to date of all time. a smash brothers that will have mewtwoking analyzing frame data on a new game and not a gamecube game. a smash game to boost sales across the globe in a race to the meta game as fast as we all can some time in 2014 at midnight. a smash game that makes old and younger people enter the competetive scene of fighting and demands a spot at evo 2015 despite it being wireless.

i mean yoshi's island was good but gtfo here with the year of yoshi...
That is GhEy where is the year of Ridley? When is the next leap year? LmAo

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I hope krystal is playable in smash 4
in smash 64, we got fox
in smash melee, we got falco,
in smash brawl, we got wolf
in smash 4, keeping up with the trend, ADD KRYSTAL
(and also add palutena chrom (don't cut ike), miis, and the like)

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
I hope krystal is playable in smash 4
in smash 64, we got fox
in smash melee, we got falco,
in smash brawl, we got wolf
in smash 4, keeping up with the trend, ADD KRYSTAL
(and also add palutena chrom (don't cut ike), miis, and the like)
Slippy4smash. Nein Krystal.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Like some other people here, I'm glad this roster wasn't real. I refuse to accept any roster that doesn't have Lady Palutena in it.

Unless said roster was the official one.

In which case, I'd have to grin and bear it.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman

I would love that roster if it had Samurai Goroh, Waddle Dee and Mach Rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom