• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
For those wanting the "Killable" post, I went and found it, reposting for convenience...

Dead:

Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.

Live:

Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item
[/COLLAPSE]
Betternet Roster Leak
  • Inclusion of Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Snake, Pokemon Trainer with Brawl Pokemon
  • Inclusion of newcomer who is not Dixie, Toon Zelda, Palutena, Krystal, Chrom & Lucina, Mii, Little Mac, Takamaru, or Pacman
  • Exclusion of any non-listed Brawl veteran or Mewtwo
  • Mewtwo using a Mega Form, not using "Psycho Break" Final Smash
  • Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS transformations being changed
  • Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash not being "Tri-Pledge" or "Triple Pledge"
  • Pacman and/or Ganondorf not being shown at an E3 2014 Nintendo Direct
[/COLLAPSE]
GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
NotSakurai Leak *
  • Exclusion of Barrel Cannon, Tiki's Tear, or Baby Yoshi items
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), Chimera Factory (3DS), 8-Bit Ice Climber (Wii U and 3DS), Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Inclusion of any Melee stage aside from Battlefield and Final Destination
  • Exclusion of Sallya, Tails or Magnus Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of My Unit, Shulk, or Ridley
  • Inclusion of Pokemon who is not playable in Brawl or Mewtwo, or Roy or Young Link
  • Inclusion of another Mario character
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario skin for Mario
[/COLLAPSE]
Almost Every Leak Is Entirely False Leak
  • Not killable
[/COLLAPSE]
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak
  • Any listed move for Villager, WFT, Mega Man and Rosalina behaving opposite to description
  • Exclusion of Sheik transformation
  • Phantom being anything but an Assist Trophy
[/COLLAPSE]
Sandbag Leak *
  • The Sandbag not being revealed on Jan. 31
  • Diddy not being revealed on Feb. 13
  • Wario not being revealed March 21
  • Lucas not being revealed April 20
  • Palutena not being revealed in a Direct
  • Mii not being revealed in a May Nintendo Direct
  • Sheik not being revealed in a June Nintendo Direct
  • Chrom not being announced at E3 2014
  • Mewtwo not being revealed at the end of E3 2014 Smash trailer
  • Paper Mario not being revealed in August
  • Ice Climbers not being revealed pre-release
  • Exclusion of Tingle, Mewtwo, Solo Charizard, K. Rool, Palutena, Hades, Chrom, Takamaru, Sandbag, Paper Mario, Little Mac, Mii
  • Inclusion of Squirtle & Ivysaur (Trainer or otherwise), Ike
  • Exclusion of any veteran not listed in above bulletpoint
  • Exclusion of Krystal, Prince Poo, Isabelle, Lissa or Bass Assist Trophies
  • Exclusion of Temple, New Pork City, Pirate Ship, "Ito_Y, Oba_keikoku, Master_Tower, PM_Stage and Pkmn3" stages
  • Ridley being anything but a stage hazard
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Rosalina (lol), Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Dedede (lol), Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
[/COLLAPSE]
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak
  • Disconfirmation of existence of or details about listed game titles
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#1)
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Little Mac
  • Disconfirmation of Metroid, Anthony Higgs, Nabbit, Toadsworth, Kamek, Cranky, Tingle, Beedle, Tom Nook, or Hector Assist Trophies
[/COLLAPSE]
Basty Leak *
  • Diddy not being revealed on Feb. 13
  • Disconfirmation of Ridley, Dixie, Sheik, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (with Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Shulk, Chrom, Another Fire Emblem Character, Impa
  • Inclusion of Snake, Ike, Lucario, both the Kanto AND Kalos Trainer (without Chespin/Braxien/Greninja), Stork
  • Exclusion of Cookie Country (Wii U), Pokemon Stadium 3 (Wii U), Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Luigi's Mansion (3DS) stages
  • Exclusion of Knuckles or Waluigi Assist Trophy
  • Inclusion of Kat & Ana Assist Trophy
  • Phantom is anything but an Assist Trophy
  • Luigi keeping his Final Smash
  • Exclusion of Dr. Mario costume
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#2) *
  • I don't f**king know, I can't decipher the bloody thing.
[/COLLAPSE]

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
See, I'd be s****ing upon the "Ridley and K. Rool aren't unique leak" as well if I weren't convinced that Sakurai is just the right combination of crazy and stupid that he would leave them out on that basis while adding countless generic protagonists with much less to offer that will still get lapped up as god's gift to the fanbase. What's more, I'm now heavily convinced that Yusune or whatever his name is from GameFAQs just spelled doom for both characters by all but outright saying that ChaosZero himself disconfirmed them. That's supremely disheartening; at least the disappointment can now sink in sooner rather than later, and the fanbases can react to the final reveal in a more dignified manner than, ah, certain others as of late.
You'd have better luck trying to stop a stampede then any fanbase acting dignified when their character's deconfirmed, particularly on other sites.

Anyway, I can't say one trying to support the other makes it more believable to me as too many times has one leak tried to piggyback off another to make it sound more credible. It happened quite a few times back in the pre-Pokémon XY days and it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to do it here to win favor. It's not to say that they can't be deconfirmed later and after Brawl I wouldn't be surprised, but I wouldn't put stock in a rumor until it starts getting more information supporting it.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
See, I'd be s****ing upon the "Ridley and K. Rool aren't unique leak" as well if I weren't convinced that Sakurai is just the right combination of crazy and stupid that he would leave them out on that basis while adding countless generic protagonists with much less to offer that will still get lapped up as god's gift to the fanbase. What's more, I'm now heavily convinced that Yusune or whatever his name is from GameFAQs just spelled doom for both characters by all but outright saying that ChaosZero himself disconfirmed them. That's supremely disheartening; at least the disappointment can now sink in sooner rather than later, and the fanbases can react to the final reveal in a more dignified manner than, ah, certain others as of late.
I'm pretty much convinced that Ridley and K.Rool, aren't playable this go round. Which is pretty disappointing really. Most of the most believable "leaks" all claim they aren't playable. It's usually the rosters that have some decisions that make you go "HUH?" that are the ones ending up being true. Though in this case he honestly warned us that the roster would end up not being THAT updated. I remember one article that said he was having trouble adding new characters. Though something doesn't sit right with me having Rosalina playable for some reason. I don't hate her, but she feels a tad forced I guess. Oh well just my opinion. Then on the other end I'm sure we won't be getting Shulk or Isaac either, despite both having last generation games.

I don't personally remember that Yusuke guy from the Brawl boards on FAQS, cause I was there from the beginning, but others do and don't seem to remember him being a troll. He also seemed to genuinely getting PO'd (rather than the usual being smug if they are a fake) when people were already starting to flame him in the topic for posting the info. I guess I would be if I thought I was doing a service and was getting treated with hostility. I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on that.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm pretty much convinced that Ridley and K.Rool, aren't playable this go round. Which is pretty disappointing really. Most of the most believable "leaks" all claim they aren't playable. It's usually the rosters that have some decisions that make you go "HUH?" that are the ones ending up being true. Though in this case he honestly warned us that the roster would end up not being THAT updated. I remember one article that said he was having trouble adding new characters. Though something doesn't sit right with me having Rosalina playable for some reason. I don't hate her, but she feels a tad forced I guess. Oh well just my opinion. Then on the other end I'm sure we won't be getting Shulk or Isaac either, despite both having last generation games.

I don't personally remember that Yusuke guy from the Brawl boards on FAQS, cause I was there from the beginning, but others do and don't seem to remember him being a troll. He also seemed to genuinely getting PO'd (rather than the usual being smug if they are a fake) when people were already starting to flame him in the topic for posting the info. I guess I would be if I thought I was doing a service and was getting treated with hostility. I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on that.
Yeah, the guy's been around since 2005 and has no ties to modern GameFAQs, so I'm almost sure he's not just popping back in for a brief trolling session. This leak's credibility rests on whether or not ChaosZero is telling the truth, and while Yusuke claims it's possible he could be yanking the forum's chain as revenge for the s*** they gave him pre-Brawl, you get the sense that he's just tossing in a token tidbit of hope, rather than being realistic there.

Anyways, whereas for a long time, I approached K. Rool and Ridley as likely characters because of the past three Smash games (which, disregarding this leak, is still a fair analysis), I'm now keeping the mindset that the characters are very likely not in, thanks to an unpleasant "change in direction" on the part of Sakurai. I'd love to be wrong, but at this point, I'm not going to start pretending that Blue K. Rool or THE Ridley have a chance, so to speak.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
after seeing those last few, ive been feeling this way myself...its pretty depressing but ohwell....im sure there will be plenty of other things to look forward to in smash4/5!
chin up BKupa!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've prepared myself for the possibilities.

But at the same time....

Do we really have proof he's been talking to ChaosZero?

Is there any way of knowing he's telling the truth? Or do we just have to play the waiting game?

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
im pretty sure its going to continue to be a waiting game....=/ the next newcomer will likely shed a lot of light on these but we cant be sure when that is going to be. worst case....next E3

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, I recognize the leak, but do we have any confirmation that it's Chaos Zero that he's talking about?
He's the only notable leaker that predicted R.O.B.

So... It's gotta be him.

I'm curious as to why he didn't use his name though. If he wanted to be believed, then why not use his name, prove that you know what you're talking about and give the people something to relate to?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I decided to look through the topic this came from. Honestly, I don't know about this one, the user doesn't seem like a guy who would come in and mess around with people and if it is Chaoszero then that makes this even more plausible, but at the moment we're playing quite a bit with "ifs" as we don't know much about the background of this. We don't know if he's trying to use a well respected name to support himself (if he's trolling of course, which is plausible considering he didn't immediately name ChaosZero), we don't know if he is talking to the right guy by his knowledge or not and we don't know if said leaker is telling the truth. The latter in particular gives me pause, to go back to my pre-Pokémon XY example, if people remember Hiro he leaked the BW Pokémon list, come XY he only got a spare few details right and the rest was completely off the mark (Starter types, number of new Pokémon, some Mega evolutions, etc.), and the few details could be easily written off as guesses or riding the curtails of the main rumor. That isn't to say that it is ChaosZero doing that, but it is a possibility to consider with leaks trying to use an old name for fame support.

Of course, this is my skeptical side showing, I have no clue what's going on behind the scenes but I can't help but tread lightly here still. I want to wait and learn more before I make the call because ignoring my personal bias, we don't know much to truly say this guy is for real.

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Someone on NeoGAF just posted this in regards to what I'm guessing is the Miiverse post tonight

Astrosanity said:
A friend of mine told me they'll reveal Little Mac tonight and not to expect character cuts.
Keep in mind he doesn't work in the game industry and doesn't know anybody remotely connected to Smash's development, but it's still something he told me.
Won't be too long till we find out if he's right or not!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So no Captain Falcon, no Little Mac, and no Nintendo Direct announcement, meaning no Mii. That's three leaks deconfirmed right there, and the PotD didn't even acknowledge the anniversary.

However, there is rumors of something on the 24th (Friday), so we'll just have to wait and see. Again.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
So no Captain Falcon, no Little Mac, and no Nintendo Direct announcement, meaning no Mii. That's three leaks deconfirmed right there, and the PotD didn't even acknowledge the anniversary.

However, there is rumors of something on the 24th (Friday), so we'll just have to wait and see. Again.
Pardon me, but which leaks were killed by this one, can you be more specific?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

not true on the mii bit renagade kid (the people who wanted to show there game off at an upcoming nintendo press event) announced they would show it off on friday

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
not true on the mii bit renagade kid (the people who wanted to show there game off at an upcoming nintendo press event) announced they would show it off on friday
I had thought the actual leak said the Direct would be today, my bad. I did see and address the Renegade Kid bit in my post, through.

@Aurora Jenny: I can't keep up with names, haha, but the Little Mac was a few posts up, a post from NeoGAF. I don't remember where Captain Falcon was, but he was assumed to be revealed today to commemorate the anniversary, which obviously didn't happen, and it was a basis in a leak or two from the last few pages.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
In regards to the recent leak, what would Adams moveset be? I never played Other M so I have no idea what he can do.
As I said in the thread, I am most definitely sure that, assuming it's true, he was meaning or actually saw Anthony Higgs, who is also from Other M but is arguably a better side character, especially for Smash.

As far as a moveset for either goes, it would probably be based somewhat on Samus, whether that means they'd be a semi-clone is up to individual opinion, however.

Ascended

Smash Ace
The way this leak reads, it sounds like an angry dude that's just kinda angry at some of the... well... "exaggerated" fan rosters (by that I mean rosters that include everything from Kingdom Come to the Kingdom of Daventry) and decided to blow of some steam in the form of a leak.
I liked this for the King's Quest reference. V was my favorite!

Anyway, while I have a lot of respect for Sakurai, I would be rather annoyed if he left out fan favorite characters because he thought they wouldn't be unique. Honestly, who cares as long as the character is playable? People just want to play with their favorites, they don't want crazy unique "NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE" characters to play as. Look at the topics that have the most posts and support! They're all for mega-popular fan favorite characters like Ridley, Toad, K. Rool, etc.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
In regards to the recent leak, what would Adams moveset be? I never played Other M so I have no idea what he can do.
That leak is fake not only because it's awful but for a simple reason: Rosalina's normal B CAN'T BE her summoning Luma. If that's the case that would mean that when Kirby copies her ability he'll be able to summon Lumas and that's it.

And anyway the leak is lazy and awful and doesn't make sense and **** him.

That leak is fake not only because it's awful but for a simple reason: Rosalina's normal B CAN'T BE her summoning Luma. If that's the case that would mean that when Kirby copies her ability he'll be able to summon Lumas and that's it.

But...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So does anyone know when the Nintendo Direct is showing up? We normally get one a month right? I'm kind of hoping we'll get one on Friday. But I still have my doubts.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So does anyone know when the Nintendo Direct is showing up? We normally get one a month right? I'm kind of hoping we'll get one on Friday. But I still have my doubts.
It seems we'll get one Friday, which is unusual. It would surprise me anyway if we won't get one in these days.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Authorizing his Galatic Federation cronies to use certain weapons as he pleases! :troll:

I am looking at the Google News feed for 'nintendo direct' and nothing pops up confirming that there is one scheduled for the future. There is one about a rumor of one being false, but I haven't digged into it.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

No he probably launches the luma forward like he auto throws Pikmin (assuming its true). I don't even believe it, but to say Kirby can't do anything with it is in correct.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Newcomers

• Adam (from Other M...)
Oh sweet Arceus, no...

I'm just skimming it for now since it's late here, it's odd but the character choices are within the realm of plausibility (even Adam...) assuming I'm not missing anything noteworthy. Still, I can't say I believe it since the background sounds completely off along with some of the other non-character reveals (what Seal Starter Pokémon again?)

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Oh sweet Arceus, no...

I'm just skimming it for now since it's late here, it's odd but the character choices are within the realm of plausibility (even Adam...) assuming I'm not missing anything noteworthy. Still, I can't say I believe it since the background sounds completely off along with some of the other non-character reveals (what Seal Starter Pokémon again?)
i think they mean oshawott

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Leak that said Mii's would be announced in the next direct? ANOTHER one? Ugh.

Anybody got a link to it?

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Is it me or is it quite bothersome to see Chrom added like in almost (if not all) every single "leak" that appears online and it's always him being Ike's replacement. I dont know, it just doesn't seem right to hear that Ike will be replaced. I think Chrom's chances are very high, so dont get me wrong. It's just, i feel as if Ike has a shot of returning with his Radiant Dawn look. Also, before any throws me the *1UP*ing Roy "tradition" thing know that he was originally intended to return in Brawl (according to it's data) which means it isn't out of the question to have 3 FE reps. Plus, Roy was a clone of Marth so it made sense to have him removed in favor of someone with a different moveset. Since Ike wasn't a clone of Marth, i don't see them removing him. So far the new Smash looks like a Brawl 2.0, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did bring him back with a more balanced moveset.

Also, Adam from Other M? I actually wouldn't mind that happening, but i think Anthony Higgs would be a better choice. As for Issac... ehh it seems iffy to me. Though, i wouldn't mind since i think he'd be a pretty awesome addition to the cast. I think Issac could be possible if a Golden Sun game was in development for the 3DS (or Wii U if we were really lucky) and he was revealed on it's launch date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom