• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
New leak

"Alright, I'm not here to leak loads of information. I am just hear to get my message out. Over the past couple of days I've seen a few prediction rosters with 50+ characters and some that include impossible characters such as Geno or Goku. If you really believe that, then you should prepare yourself for a major disappointment.
The roster started around 50 characters, but it was trimmed down to 44, and then 42. Goku, Geno, and those sorts of characters were never even considered. There will only be 3 third parties. Don't ask me who, because I don't plan on losing my job anytime soon.
Ridley isn't playable. Neither is King K Rool. Sakurai is shooting for uniqueness. I'll use Rosalina (and Luma) as an example. She wasn't as requested as Bowser Jr. or Toad, yet she was the one that got in.
Don't expect every character to return. Sakurai has already said this, but some prediction rosters still have no cuts. As I previously stated, Sakurai is going for uniqueness, so don't expect R.O.B or Lucario to be getting the axe.
Anyhow, I won't plan on making any more posts as I don't plan to leak out the full game. You can ignore this and keep making your 55 character rosters, but don't say I didn't warn you. -Naryol"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New leak

"Alright, I'm not here to leak loads of information. I am just hear to get my message out. Over the past couple of days I've seen a few prediction rosters with 50+ characters and some that include impossible characters such as Geno or Goku. If you really believe that, then you should prepare yourself for a major disappointment.
The roster started around 50 characters, but it was trimmed down to 44, and then 42. Goku, Geno, and those sorts of characters were never even considered. There will only be 3 third parties. Don't ask me who, because I don't plan on losing my job anytime soon.
Ridley isn't playable. Neither is King K Rool. Sakurai is shooting for uniqueness. I'll use Rosalina (and Luma) as an example. She wasn't as requested as Bowser Jr. or Toad, yet she was the one that got in.
Don't expect every character to return. Sakurai has already said this, but some prediction rosters still have no cuts. As I previously stated, Sakurai is going for uniqueness, so don't expect R.O.B or Lucario to be getting the axe.
Anyhow, I won't plan on making any more posts as I don't plan to leak out the full game. You can ignore this and keep making your 55 character rosters, but don't say I didn't warn you. -Naryol"
Sounds like he's playing a game of playing it safe if you ask me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley and K. Rool doesn't have potential to be unique? Yeah right... :rolleyes:

If you want to start a ruckus with your leak, don't grab for such an excuse to not include the two most popular newcomer candidates, especially not when K. Rool has potential to be one of the most unique characters in Smash ever. If Wii Fit Trainer is unique mostly just in her fighting style then I'll be damned if Ridley and K. Rool aren't.

D

Deleted member

And bear in mind, even if people detest the idea, Ridley could easily be unique as an "evolution" character.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
New leak

...How is this depressing?! This is the one the better leaks I've seen! I'll gladly accept a more unique cast!

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
New leak

This literally might be the most ******** pointless thing I've ever read

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New leak

So this is probably assuming that some semi-clones won't return. I can dig it, even if it means Lucas is cut. :crying:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ridley could also be given one jump. And rely on an Up B (we'll call it Fly mode) to shoot him up vertically and award him three additional jumps. It really would solidify him as an aerial heavy weight that might have trouble holding off assaults on the ground.

D

Deleted member

not sure if ded2me
Not a supporter of the idea myself, though I have come to terms with it should it be the way it happens.

But I'm going to outright be an ass and say I don't care if I'm ded2u or not. :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So this is probably assuming that some semi-clones won't return. I can dig it, even if it means Lucas is cut. :crying:
IMO, it is really hypocritical considering Sakurai not only kept Toon Link in SSB4 but kept him a semi-clone as well.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
You all bring up very good points.

Anyways with this new leak (I'm going to the point where all these BS leaks shouldn't even be called 'new', just cuz they can be easily dismissed), I don't quite understand it with him mentioning Geno and Goku like twice, but I do get what he's saying with the uniqueness. And really, that's all up to Sakurai. Out of Ridley and K. Rool I can see Ridley being more unique. Since I'm not too big on the DK franchise and K. Rool has been absent for a while, I can see him being a powerhouse with a similar moveset to Wario (minus the obvious farts and bike).

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I wonder if he is at least is going to make Toon Link's moveset more diverse.
Zelda is pretty deserving of 4 reps, and Toon Link represents his fair share of toon Zelda games.
Toon Link has plenty of things that he could've had different in Brawl that wasn't his taunts, but Sakurai failed to realize that :\

The only thing I could've seen him keeping was his Up B, that's about it. The rest could've been different. Hell Link himself can be more diverse too. But Toon Link has plenty of more different slash attacks (showcased in Project M).

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Still, with all the newcomers we've seen so far, it's safe to say that Sakurai is looking for unique characters to add. This guy is just stretching that point.

The rumor is ****.

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I have a friend who works at Namco Bandai, and he told me Glass is a playable character in the game. He also told me he's the most OP character in the game because the gods fear his name, and his swordplay is peerless!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
"Ridley and King K. Rool are not playable because Sakurai is looking for uniqueness."

Not sure if I should be feel annoyed or if I should laugh at that. It's a pure load of garbage.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
IMO, it is really hypocritical considering Sakurai not only kept Toon Link in SSB4 but kept him a semi-clone as well.
I believe the word your looking for is inconsistent. This leaker is implying that Sakurai did follow through in some cases (just not others apparently, as you just pointed out). And I agree.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That just reads like a fan boy trying to be an asshat rather than a leak.

''YOUR TWO MOST POPULAR CHARACTERS SUCK ASS. 42 CHARACTERS. YOUR FAVORITES ARE GETTNG CUT. GOODBYE."

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
That leak's about as awesome as the leak I took after lunch.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It only confirms that characters that had no chance of making it won't be in.​
* guys new leak Merelda the Murfle Queen isn't going to be playable. (real thing)

It sounds like its a way to give people a more realistic perspective.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The way this leak reads, it sounds like an angry dude that's just kinda angry at some of the... well... "exaggerated" fan rosters (by that I mean rosters that include everything from Kingdom Come to the Kingdom of Daventry) and decided to blow of some steam in the form of a leak.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The way this leak reads, it sounds like an angry dude that's just kinda angry at some of the... well... "exaggerated" fan rosters (by that I mean rosters that include everything from Kingdom Come to the Kingdom of Daventry) and decided to blow of some steam in the form of a leak.
Sounds alot like it, and may I say, I love your avatar.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
"...Ridley isn't playable. Neither is King K Rool. Sakurai is shooting for uniqueness..."
Ridley and King K.Rool not having the ability to be unique? Riiiiiggghhht.

Ridley is a badass, and King K.Rool has had more gadgets from his Kong tormenting career than this "leaker" has fingers and toes.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Sounds alot like it, and may I say, I love your avatar.
Ah thanks. I keep switching it around fairly frequently. It IS the 30th Anniversary of Dragon Ball, so I figured this year my avatars would be Dragon Ball related, starting with of course fan favorite #18. Jinzoningen, Cyborg, Android, Artificial Human... whatever you want to call it.
(Also, did you catch the King's Quest reference in my statement that you replied to?)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Ah thanks. I keep switching it around fairly frequently. It IS the 30th Anniversary of Dragon Ball, so I figured this year my avatars would be Dragon Ball related, starting with of course fan favorite #18. Jinzoningen, Cyborg, Android, Artificial Human... whatever you want to call it.
(Also, did you catch the King's Quest reference in my statement that you replied to?)
Well, I didn't even know that it was this year, and unfortunately I don't even know what King's Quest is.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
so... tomorrow, if we get some reveal (with the Smash anniversary, right?) we could at least burn one of those rumors?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
nah, more 10 new leaks will appear anyway... is the "fun" of an announcement of a game like Smash, huh? =P

Bartholin

Smash Cadet
I thought it should be sometime today?....
Japan's timezone is UTC +9, so its the 21st today for them (and for myself)

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I thought it should be sometime today?....
Japan's timezone is UTC +9, so its the 21st today for them (and for myself)
Yeah, but Saurai doesn't have his breaks until the afternoon, which is like past midnight in the states, hence why the pics of the day are so early for us.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Guys, I have a friend who works at Namco Bandai, and he told me Glass is a playable character in the game. He also told me he's the most OP character in the game because the gods fear his name, and his swordplay is peerless!
Fire Emblem HIGH-FIVE!!

Too bad Glass literally is made of glass in that game :troll:.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
See, I'd be s****ing upon the "Ridley and K. Rool aren't unique leak" as well if I weren't convinced that Sakurai is just the right combination of crazy and stupid that he would leave them out on that basis while adding countless generic protagonists with much less to offer that will still get lapped up as god's gift to the fanbase. What's more, I'm now heavily convinced that Yusune or whatever his name is from GameFAQs just spelled doom for both characters by all but outright saying that ChaosZero himself disconfirmed them. That's supremely disheartening; at least the disappointment can now sink in sooner rather than later, and the fanbases can react to the final reveal in a more dignified manner than, ah, certain others as of late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom