• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a GAFER would risk their account over a "Mr. Hanfuda" or whatever, Mr. Game and Watch ripoff the "leaker" obviously was inspired by. I'm personally thinking that that new Skype leak + the Bitternet leak is closer to what we will be getting. Does Sakurai actually get any backlash for leaving out certain characters? Don't people just whine on forums for a few weeks/months and buy the game anyway?

Also wondering if it would be in Nintendo's best interest to stuff the game with "shoo-ins" or just season it with characters that make the roster seem "boring" but actuallyy benefit in telling Nintendo's story and offer something new to the roster? I kind of feel bad for Sakurai sometimes, I mean, he probably knows by now that Ridley is wanted, but if this leak is true, maybe he figured it was best to put resources into other characters? I'm trying to think how it would feel to think you are doing a good deed by putting Ridley in as a very active background enemy and still getting heat from the fanbase. I think Yellow Devil is pretty cool and he is something that I find interesting in the Mega Man series. To have stages that actually draw you into the games world is just as interesting to me as the characters.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-stressed-to-the-brink-of-death-over-smash-roster#.Utx1MlPnY1I
This article probably fell out of circulation for a while, haven't seen it recently.
Poor Sakurai and his kindly Japanese sensibilities not wanting anyone to feel disappointed because their favorite character was left out...

To avoid this problem, the director ought to be an American:

"Screw Mewtwo, Ridley and Shulk. I'm putting in the Great Mighty Poo, Bubsy and **** Cheney. Why? 'Cause **** you, I'm the director. That's why."

Kon

Smash Journeyman
hmm. Say that the following are newcomers:
*The 4 already revealed
*Plus the other 3 meant to be revealed at E3
That already leaves 7 (WFT, Villager, Megaman, Rosalina, Little Mac, Mii, Pacman)
That leaves 8 left unknown, here's what I'm guessing for said 5:
*5th rep for pokemon, unless Mewtwo returns and doesn't replace anyone
*5th rep for Zelda
*2nd rep for Kid Icarus (most likely Palutena)
*3rd rep for Fire Emblem
*2nd rep for Metroid (counting Samus/ZS Samus as the same rep)
*Rep for Xenoblade
*2 reps for retro characters, maybe a rep for Wonderful 101
No 3rd DK rep? Are you kidding? Considering a Wonderful 101 rep, a Xenoblade rep, a 5th Zelda rep, a 2nd rep for Kid Icarus but not considering a DK rep is ridiculous. Especially giving Kid Icarus a 2nd rep means to me there has to be 3rd character for the DK series too as DKC has an epic comeback under the lead of Retro Studios who had the release of DKCR only after Brawl and it was a huge success. Not expecting a 3rd DK rep? Come on, you must be kidding.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Didn't we see Kirby in the developer direct? That "banned kirby" leak doesn't make sense. If he was in the early build why would he not be in a later build? It doesn't add up.

Also, first post! *toots horn*
Probably has to do with one of the moves being buggy, aka Inhale and the hats.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Weren't there rumors saying thing's about smash 64's anniversary today? Might of just been people speculating but either way I guess we can discount that now too.

Edit: Oh it's tomorrow, we're going to get nothing right?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Weren't there rumors saying thing's about smash 64's anniversary today? Might of just been people speculating but either way I guess we can discount that now too.

Edit: Oh it's tomorrow, we're going to get nothing right?
we get Captain Falcon ;D

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I don't think a GAFER would risk their account over a "Mr. Hanfuda" or whatever, Mr. Game and Watch ripoff the "leaker" obviously was inspired by. I'm personally thinking that that new Skype leak + the Bitternet leak is closer to what we will be getting. Does Sakurai actually get any backlash for leaving out certain characters? Don't people just whine on forums for a few weeks/months and buy the game anyway?

Also wondering if it would be in Nintendo's best interest to stuff the game with "shoo-ins" or just season it with characters that make the roster seem "boring" but actuallyy benefit in telling Nintendo's story and offer something new to the roster? I kind of feel bad for Sakurai sometimes, I mean, he probably knows by now that Ridley is wanted, but if this leak is true, maybe he figured it was best to put resources into other characters? I'm trying to think how it would feel to think you are doing a good deed by putting Ridley in as a very active background enemy and still getting heat from the fanbase. I think Yellow Devil is pretty cool and he is something that I find interesting in the Mega Man series. To have stages that actually draw you into the games world is just as interesting to me as the characters.
that leak was not from a neogaf

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm not really huge into pokemon so I don't know anything about genesect's significance in the series. What kind of makes me doubt this roster is this "Master Hanafuda." I googled the name annd saw nothing that looks very fitting for smash (although not knowing the name at all made me skeptical in the first place anyways). Am I missing something here?

Outside of that it's probably not the silliest roster I've seen and the other characters atleast make some sense.
Not much, Genesect is an "event legendary" Pokemon with no real significance outside of one movie, where it was an antagonist.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

This is the roster from the second NeoGaf leak, with "Master Hanafuda" being the last square. It actually make sense, but who knows. I miss King K. Roll, Dixie and Ridley
What you guys think about it?
Honestly, even with the more ridiculous options, what gives this away as fake is Medusa being playable. It's clear that this person never played KIU, simply saw the promotions, and figured that Medusa would naturally be the second rep, when in reality she is one of the most unimportant and uninteresting characters in the entire game.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
"My friends dad has a friend who works for namco bandai and has shared some information with me through email.

Mii will be playable with their own designed movesets by sakurai

Ridley is a stage hazard

Diddy and dixie areseparate

Toon Zelda/tetra is playable

The pic of the day is in fact from adventure mode

Falco is returning

Ness and lucas are returning

Audino is a pokeball

The third party newcomers besides megaman include bayonetta and pacman

Tournament mode is now online

Snake is cut

Chrom is a newcomer

Some characters will have alt costumes

The phantom is a assist trophy

Yoshi is returning

The game is planned to release in june after E3

Ike is returning

Lucina is a assist trophy

Jigglypuff is cut

I can guarantee you guys that this is true. But of course its your choice too believe me. Time will tell"
Just going to post this here. Tear it up as much as you want.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
My friends dad has a friend who works for namco bandai and has shared some information with me through email.

We have located the bull****

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Does anyone know what the stage is in the pic of the day? The leaker says it is from adventure mode.
The general consensus is that it is probably a part of Adventure Mode, quoted vaguely by Sakurai himself in the Pic of the Day. It almost looks Rayman or Metroid-esque. Others claim it looks Donkey Kong oriented based on some footage from the old E3 Trailer. Nobody really knows for sure though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seriously, is having connections with the production team (that has been beaten to death so many times that it has stopped being funny eons ago) the ONLY way to be a reliable source? There are more believable stories like, oh I don't know, ACTUALLY BEING A WELL RECOGNIZED LEAKER OVER THE YEARS.

Jesus, I wish these "leaks" would die already.

Spacechannel5

Banned via Warnings

Spacechannel5Smash Rookie
My friends dad has a friend who works for namco bandai and has shared some information with me through email.

Ridley is a stage hazard

Falco is returning

Audino is a pokeball

Snake is cut

Chrom is a newcomer

Yoshi is returning

Ike is returning

Jigglypuff is cut

I can guarantee you guys that this is true. But of course its your choice too believe me. Time will tell

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Spacechannel5Smash Rookie

Ridley is a stage hazard

Falco is returning

Audino is a pokeball

Snake is cut

Chrom is a newcomer

Yoshi is returning

Ike is returning

Jigglypuff is cut

I can guarantee you guys that this is true. But of course its your choice too believe me. Time will tell
Too bad you're the billionth person this month to use the beaten dead horse "I know someone from production" excuse..

I doubt you have any other proof (that hasn't been said billions of times) that you're legit.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Too bad you're the billionth person this month to use the beaten dead horse "I know someone from production" excuse.
Not just this month, but in the history of all video game leaks ever. Seriously it's the most cookie cutter excuse of a source ever, and it's never true.

Whenever I see that excuse I just skim past the post.

Spacechannel5

Banned via Warnings
image.jpg
Too bad you're the billionth person this month to use the beaten dead horse "I know someone from production" excuse..

I doubt you have any other proof (that hasn't been said billions of times) that you're legit.
Than tell me what that is b****** you cant prove wrong now motherf*******

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't any leak that says that there will be no cuts be false? Sakurai stated that not all characters will return
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/2...e-to-bring-all-characters-back-to-smash-bros/
Not necessarily, it implies that for sure but he says "We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point." This could include the cuts from Melee not just the Brawl roster. It is likely a character or two will be cut from Brawl but not guaranteed yet.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
D

Deleted member

He didn't really say there would be cuts, however.
Just that there could be. Since not every character in Smash thus far will be able to return (which is of course, including the 5 cut Melee veterans in the list).

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Not necessarily, it implies that for sure but he says "We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point." This could include the cuts from Melee not just the Brawl roster. It is likely a character or two will be cut from Brawl but not guaranteed yet.
That could've just been an early statement with Sakurai who may have doubted if it was possible to have enough time to bring them all back...doesn't mean he wouldn't try to!
He didn't really say there would be cuts, however.
Just that there could be. Since not every character in Smash thus far will be able to return (which is of course, including the 5 cut Melee veterans in the list).
You all bring up very good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom