• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'm so hoping for the translator leak to be legitimate. So long as Diddy is the next character revealed and nothing disconfirms a Down Special swap to Dixie, it'll stay alive. But hope and leak speculation are two entirely different beasts, and should not become intertwined lest confirmation bias seep into analysis.

Like this leak. I hate what it says, but its source makes me think it could actually happen.

I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.

I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.

My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:

Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.

That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.

That leak is incredibly boring, but it's usually the boring ones that end up being true. xD

I do hope they're wrong about King K.Rool, but I know deep down that he probably won't make it anyway just because he has been absent from DK games for so long.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
It's pretty easy to make people believe your leak, I mean, if you come off as a person who's down to Earth, or in better terms 'one of us', they immediately drop any ominous flags. We see this with politics and advertisements all the time.

Then from there, if they stick with logic and play it safe. Sometimes appealing to emotions we have to seem more believable and breaking that barrier of stranger to peer. Another common theme is leakers are separating themselves from the actual people who know the information to, again, relate to us. Notice they never say, ' I don't know for sure what they mean; He wouldn't tell me,' to make it seem like they're on our side. A lot of 'leaks' have been going this way recently. They're more believable than the shallow explanations and walls of newcomers.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
:peachmelee:Yeah, Sakurai:peachmelee: would never:peachmelee: implement a butt:peachmelee: attack:peachmelee:
:peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach:
...Think of it...
...All those pictures...

What do you mean? You know the whole roster. You can actually discuss how the characters will play and abandoned this fanfic driven sespool of angst and broken dreams known as the "smash 4 forums".
You know, I'm really beginning to think that you don't like these threads...

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Thanks @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod and @ Niko Mar Niko Mar

I would be very content with that if it were to be true, but the premise of some rich guy just waltzing on into Nintendo HQ and bribing Sakurai for info seems laughably dumb. I guess the leaker tried to think of something more unique than his friend knowing someone at Namco. Plus the leak is full of safe, well-discussed examples.

Also I doubt the next reveal would be Diddy in the middle of February. I would guess one more veteran between now and then.

Oh well
In his defense, he could've just made up the story for the leak to "cover up his trail". Wouldn't want to lose a job or something.

...Think of it...
...All those pictures...

You know, I'm really beginning to think that you don't like these threads...
No, why would I? Everyone suggest ridiculous/lame /anime-esq characters, people whine for every little thing they disagree with, argue about things in smash and throwing around things that have nothing to do with smash being the way it is, argue the very meaning of words, mods being way to strict, competitive smashers being called elitist on a forum dedicated to competitive smash, and generally, being boring and completely unfunny.

Sometimes I wonder why I come back to this site. Basically went south after the MLG buy out.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, why would I? Everyone suggest ridiculous/lame /anime-esq characters, people whine for every little thing they disagree with, argue about things in smash and throwing around things that have nothing to do with smash being the way it is, argue the very meaning of words, mods being way to strict, competitive smashers being called elitist on a forum dedicated to competitive smash, and generally, being boring and completely unfunny.

Sometimes I wonder why I come back to this site. Basically went south after the MLG buy out.
At least we're not at Gamefaqs's level. Yet...

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

I would be very content with that if it were to be true, but the premise of some rich guy just waltzing on into Nintendo HQ and bribing Sakurai for info seems laughably dumb. I guess the leaker tried to think of something more unique than his friend knowing someone at Namco. Plus the leak is full of safe, well-discussed examples.

Also I doubt the next reveal would be Diddy in the middle of February. I would guess one more veteran between now and then.

Oh well
I believe it is fake but there are some people out there who believe the story is just to cover himself up. -.-
EDIT: someone beat me to this

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

Oh well
You're welcome my good man, but the GreenReaperGod just one-up'd me. I merely pointed you in the direction of the bathroom while this fine gentleman literally ripped the toilet from the stall and let you take a **** in front of him (if you know who he is, read that in Cr1TiKaL aka Penguinz0's voice lol).

Real Talk: I agree with you about the veteran idea. We do have that 15th anniversary coming up, which would be a nice time.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
More rough than diamond. I have to admit I am quite a bit of a critical person at times. But enough about me... >_>

Yeah, this "boring leak" has me a bit bothered. As others have already speculated, the boring ones are often the closest ones to reality. Whereas outlandish rumors at least manage to sound great, the down-to-earth rumors are anti-climatic. Brawl's final roster revelation was anti-climatic for me at least. I know others are like "We got Wario and Dedede and Diddy...". I was primarily excited by Meta Knight and pretty much no one else. Final Smashes were exciting. Until its acquirement method was revealed. >_<

Ugh, but I can understand the feeling of underwhelming where gratitude and excitement should be. I think the more easily expect characters just happen to produce relatively low levels of energy... That might sound strange, but if it seems pretty clear a character is gonna get in, and the get in, does that get you way pumped? Or does a character that sort of seems like a long-shot getting in really get you excited? Like, let's say... Mega Man? I mean sure he was highly desired, but he IS third party. Characters like Wario and Dedede though had the rumors on their side. Their appearance is exciting. The build up isn't.

So what happens when you get a cast full of "exciting but expected" some "totally unexpected and not asked for" and perhaps one or two "somewhat unexpected but still wanted"? =/

At the least this time around, I currently got Mega Man, and I currently got Rosalina. Personally things are already going better for me at least. :p

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
There still is that old Dedede rumor from earlier in the month that claimed Diddy would be shown in February. He got Dedede right, but that might have been a lucky guess. Currently in the "keep an eye on" pile. Screengrab below

Attachments

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
That one doesn't have a kill condition of a veteran at least before Diddy then. Still. So in short, a Veteran and what else?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Unless there is an actual CD of Smash 4 floating around somewhere, all of this information is false.
Yes, we get it. Someone burned down your favorite high school, and built a dance club in it's place. That doesn't mean you have to come to the club every night to yell at everyone "THAT WON'T HELP YOU GET YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA!!! FREAKIN' IDIOT!!!" Just let us dance.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
There's also still that Nintendo Direct thing too, regarding the Mii reveal and other things. That one can be taken off the watch list fairly soon since this supposed Direct is to take place before the end of January.

Attachments

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
There's also still that Nintendo Direct thing too, regarding the Mii reveal and other things. That one can be taken off the watch list fairly soon since this supposed Direct is to take place before the end of January.
When's that Direct supposed to happen? Or isn't there a rumor of a reveal on the 21st?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
When's that Direct supposed to happen? Or isn't there a rumor of a reveal on the 21st?
There wasn't a specific date for this rumor. Just "before the end of the month".

I kind of remember SOME rumor or another that Captain Falcon was to be revealed on the 21st, but I don't remember if I had heard that here on Smashboards or on some other corner of the Internet.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong was a boring character to play as in Brawl. Something about his moves felt lacking. I'd gladly welcome the Dixie Kong addition to him to stir things up.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice

This is the roster from the second NeoGaf leak, with "Master Hanafuda" being the last square. It actually make sense, but who knows. I miss King K. Roll, Dixie and Ridley
What you guys think about it?

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm not really huge into pokemon so I don't know anything about genesect's significance in the series. What kind of makes me doubt this roster is this "Master Hanafuda." I googled the name annd saw nothing that looks very fitting for smash (although not knowing the name at all made me skeptical in the first place anyways). Am I missing something here?

Outside of that it's probably not the silliest roster I've seen and the other characters atleast make some sense.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman

This is the roster from the second NeoGaf leak, with "Master Hanafuda" being the last square. It actually make sense, but who knows. I miss King K. Roll, Dixie and Ridley
I wouldn't be too surprised by this roster honestly. Little Mac, Pacman, and Mii are very highly speculated, Mewtwo and Genesect co-star'd in a recent movie and are both quite popular legendaries, Mach Rider makes sense from the guy who gave us G&W, ROB, and WFT, and Medusa fills that spot as a villain and female all at once that people want. The only part here that I question is Master Hanafuda. While he does represent a much older part of Nintendo's history which Sakurai likes doing, I don't expect him to literally makeup a character just to be playable in smash. I thought he had a policy that the character had to originate from a seperate video game series. Granted if he did decided to break that rule I could totally see him doing something like that. Despite K. Rool and Ridley being gone the roster looks acceptable I'd say.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I'm not really huge into pokemon so I don't know anything about genesect's significance in the series. What kind of makes me doubt this roster is this "Master Hanafuda." I googled the name annd saw nothing that looks very fitting for smash (although not knowing the name at all made me skeptical in the first place anyways). Am I missing something here?

Outside of that it's probably not the silliest roster I've seen and the other characters atleast make some sense.
"an original character" i think that means someone made for smash might be crazy but thats what it sounds like

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman

I'm pretty sure that for was a typo and the user meant from Tumblr. Usually if someone is posting a leak directly to gaf there would be no need to quote the post, which he did. So again I assume that that rumor was from Tumblr, and not originating from the Gaf poster.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm pretty sure that for was a typo and the user meant from Tumblr. Usually if someone is posting a leak directly to gaf there would be no need to quote the post, which he did. So again I assume that that rumor was from Tumblr, and not originating from the Gaf poster.
It's from 4chan, Tumblr (and NeoGaf) got it later if I understand correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom