• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
take psasbr for example, the entire roster leaked almost half a year before the game was released, it totally killed the hype and exp major disappointment when ppl realized that was it. The roster may not had so much backlash if it treakled out slowly. If I knew the roster now I defiantly would not leak the full roster on the internet because I would not want to kill Nintendo plan to hype the game.
To be fair, one of the bigger problems with the roster is that many of the fan favorites (Crash, Spyro, and Lara Croft to name a few) weren't included.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
To be fair, one of the bigger problems with the roster is that many of the fan favorites (Crash, Spyro, and Lara Croft to name a few) weren't included.
I'd like to point out that those fan favorites are third party, which would've been hard to grab for their game (especially crash and spyro, as they belong to Activision now.)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Let's say they are unfinished. Like I said, the point of a tester is to test the game. So it just doesn't make sense to "ban" something that they need to know if it works....
the leaker never really said they were playtesters, ppl are just assuming

also sakurai never said there be less newcomers in the game, that quote I believe was before this game was around and he was just talking about brawls roster be almost perfect not to mention he has twice the staff now.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In general, I think will be satisfied with at least 10-12 newcomers.

So far confirmed newcomers are Villager, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina and Luma.

There is also the rumor that Sal Romano stated that Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii were also newcomers as well.

What do you guys think about Sal Romano's claimed leak?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd like to point out that those fan favorites are third party, which would've been hard to grab for their game (especially crash and spyro, as they belong to Activision now.)
Yet somehow they got Dante, Raiden, and Big Daddy.
Though from what I've seen, they were kinda screwed over by the big names (wonder why Dante used his "modern" look? Capcom. Why Raiden instead of Snake? Kojima. The list goes on)

the leaker never really said they were playtesters, ppl are just assuming
Even if he isn't, there's still proof he has some access to the game. And the "Kirby ban" still is confusing.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Though from what I've seen, they were kinda screwed over by the big names (wonder why Dante used his "modern" look? Capcom. Why Raiden instead of Snake? Kojima. The list goes on)
Yeah, the choice of third-party is terrible. :/
The whole third party selection was basically ruled over for one thing: marketing.
Bioshock Infinite was releasing soon, put in Big Daddy. Same thing with MGR, put in Raiden. Same thing with DMC, put in Dante. Heihachi was probably the best third party character chosen.

...and guess whose company is making smash bros 4...

(heihachi confirmed)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, the choice of third-party is terrible. :/
The whole third party selection was basically ruled over for one thing: marketing.
Bioshock Infinite was releasing soon, put in Big Daddy. Same thing with MGR, put in Raiden. Same thing with DMC, put in Dante. Heihachi was probably the best third party character chosen.

...and guess whose company is making smash bros 4...

(heihachi confirmed)
Don't forget about Kratos. At least Sakurai tries to stay bias-free.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

Even if he isn't, there's still proof he has some access to the game. And the "Kirby ban" still is confusing.
like I said it was prob they did not want to reveal the kirby hats, also someone on neogaf mentioned that they may wanted to avoid a error that accidnetly reveled kirby hats of unrevealed characters.

also I loved the big daddy inclusion :p

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
There's two sides of the spectrum, however. What about people like me who were worried if a certain character would make it in and wake up one morning to see their favorite character dominating pic of the day with a new character page? That feeling when I saw Toon link and Marth was more than worth the wait and worry. Not to mention those people with their "dreams crushed" should be grateful that those characters are even acknowledged with 3d models.
...And I had just made a post in the Ridley thread about the underlined.

I detest this mode of thinking. If somebody is disappointed their favored character isn't playable, it's because they saw value beyond a mere cameo. And rightfully so because a playable character receives FAR more prestige than a non-playable character.

If you're the kind to be satisfied just from seeing a character at all, good for you. But don't go saying other people should feel that way too. You're not saving them from frustration. More likely you're just gonna frustrate those people even further.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
like I said it was prob they did not want to reveal the kirby hats, also someone on neogaf mentioned that they may wanted to avoid a error that accidnetly reveled kirby hats of unrevealed characters.

also I loved the big daddy inclusion :p
So, hide the roster from the development team making the game... Seems legit. (But referring to the hats, the best way is just to simply not show that hats of the unrevealed characters. I know it's really far out there, but I think it could work)
BTW how is PSABR? I'm considering getting around to it, though I hear it's pretty mixed.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
...And I had just made a post in the Ridley thread about the underlined.

I detest this mode of thinking. If somebody is disappointed their favored character isn't playable, it's because they saw value beyond a mere cameo. And rightfully so because a playable character receives FAR more prestige than a non-playable character.

If you're the kind to be satisfied just from seeing a character at all, good for you. But don't go saying other people should feel that way too. You're not saving them from frustration. More likely you're just gonna frustrate those people even further.
They should be far less frustrated to find out a character is an assist trophy than if said character was only repped as a sticker before. Would you prefer ashley fans Be disappointed seeing their character be an assist trophy with a 3d model and helpful use in battles, or for them to realize once the game comes out that she's been relegated to a trophy or just a sticker?
Reality is, there are TONS of characters that deserve a spot in a smash bros game, there just isn't enough time or people for them all, sakurai himself said that he's basically worrying himself to death over who to keep in the roster
sakurai said:
Whether it's a minor character or a character that is one of the most highly skilled and most played, if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt. I think we have to really consider that, so I take a very serious, hard look at that and have empathy for the players who look for these type of characters when we're making these decisions.
He said it right there, he considers the thoughts and feelings of people who support characters before he decides what to do with them. You can't change his mind, so why can't you be happy with what you have?

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
how is PSABR? I'm considering getting around to it, though I hear it's pretty mixed.
Depends. If they released the giant balance update they said they're making already, get it. If not, then don't bother, the game is currently a mess since they released dlc characters. Not Balance wise, like the online servers went to ****.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Depends. If they released the giant balance update they said they're making already, get it. If not, then don't bother, the game is currently a mess since they released dlc characters. Not Balance wise, like the online servers went to ****.
Dang, it seemed like it there was some potential, just never fully realized.
But tell me, just how bad is Zeus?

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I actually thought Zeus was kinda fun to play.

Also, btw, if you were to go to the official PSABR forums, the people there will claim that EVERYONE is OP. Kinda annoying.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Ah.. About the NotSakurai leak? Doesn't the following part kind of set off a warning bell? I don 't know if this has been mentioned yet, but it contradicts what Sakurai said about non-Smash specific stages.

An 8 bit version of Ice Climber, in which players can destroy platforms and use enemies to KO opponents, This stage is on both Wii U and 3DS

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
They should be far less frustrated to find out a character is an assist trophy than if said character was only repped as a sticker before.
No. Stop saying this. Stop trying to say how people should feel. You do NOT know or get to dictate how people should feel.

These are my exact words on the subject of wanting playable representation vs. just wanting any representation.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...racks-and-holes.324284/page-353#post-16220735

And lo' behold, a few posts below, this is said:

Said it before, and I'll say it again. I would've preferred no Ridley period than the crappy Dyna-blade rip-off that was easy even on the hard difficulties.
People desire different things, feel about things differently, want different things for different reasons, and they will all have different reactions whether or not their desires are met. There are all kinds.

Would you prefer ashley fans Be disappointed seeing their character be an assist trophy with a 3d model and helpful use in battles, or for them to realize once the game comes out that she's been relegated to a trophy or just a sticker?
I'm not gonna dictate how the Ashley fans should feel in either situation. The most I'll do is console those disappointed and roll my eyes at those freaking out and swearing off the game and Sakurai. But I'm NOT gonna tell any of them "You shouldn't feel that way...". I don't know the depths of their expectations, and even if too high, I can disagree with the sentiment without verbally trampling over them and frustrating them by placing my own personal views on them.

But apparently you're okay with doing this.

Reality is, there are TONS of characters that deserve a spot in a smash bros game, there just isn't enough time or people for them all, sakurai himself said that he's basically worrying himself to death over who to keep in the roster
Irrelevant to the subject at hand. I'm talking about end results and your believing it's okay to tell people how they should feel or judging where their expectations should be placed. You may not like how they react. You may think they're being ungrateful. But You Have No Right to openly dismiss their expectations and frustrations as if they're doing something wrong.

Whatever may come upon a person for setting their expectations at a certain level, so be it. And that's all there should be to it.

BTW, I'll just say this, only 'cause it's common sense: Keeping quiet stops when somebody starts speaking extreme ill-will of people just 'cause they won't get their way. Death threats and the like is a whole different beast and those recklessly (or meaningfully) damning the life of another ought to be ostracized extremely.

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
I thoroughly enjoyed playing as Zeus. His playstyle is different from the rest of the cast, because he is able to charge his attacks. His combos belt out AP fairly quickly, too.

Kat from Gravity Rush is my favorite character to play as, though! She's got great combos and she's easy to control. Definitely an all-around character.

I must admit I enjoyed PSABR more than I expected. It's too sad it didn't achieve commercial success, but like someone above posted, the game was really lacking content-wise. The most iconic PlayStation characters were missing (they're 3rd-party), and the game had no gamemodes besides story and group modes.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Everything on the translator leak doesn't seem too farfetched actually, I almost believe it. Nothing too crazy, and theres some pleasant surprises.

It's got some stuff you'd predict like Palutena (obvious cause Sakurai did that KI game)
And surprises like Snake returning would be amazing. They did a great job with his moveset in Brawl, might as well keep him.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
BTW, I'll just say this, only 'cause it's common sense: Keeping quiet stops when somebody starts speaking extreme ill-will of people just 'cause they won't get their way. Death threats and the like is a whole different beast and those recklessly (or meaningfully) damning the life of another ought to be ostracized extremely.
Have you read the article? There are no death threats to be seen, just Sakurai stressing himself the hell out because people won't be happy no matter what he does.

Going to dismiss the rest of it, I was obviously in the wrong, so i'm not even going go try and defend myself.

dat unexpected data base error

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm so hoping for the translator leak to be legitimate. So long as Diddy is the next character revealed and nothing disconfirms a Down Special swap to Dixie, it'll stay alive. But hope and leak speculation are two entirely different beasts, and should not become intertwined lest confirmation bias seep into analysis.

Like this leak. I hate what it says, but its source makes me think it could actually happen.

I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.

I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.

My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:

Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.

That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.

I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.

My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:

Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.

That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.
The sad thing is that none of that would surprise me, having said that though it's a bit safe since aside from the Stage Hazard thing nothing can confirm or deny it. Hopefully that one little thing is its undoing.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
These leaks are getting worse and worse.... that I could see them happening... I mean, sure, I can live without Ridley and King K. Rool... but imagine how awful Sakurai would be to ignore years upon years of fan requests for Ridley and King K. Rool (and Toad)... and add a bunch of unusual choices that seem to be chosen solely based on moveset potential when they had little to no fan demand... Master Hanafuda is just awful...

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm so hoping for the translator leak to be legitimate. So long as Diddy is the next character revealed and nothing disconfirms a Down Special swap to Dixie, it'll stay alive. But hope and leak speculation are two entirely different beasts, and should not become intertwined lest confirmation bias seep into analysis.

Like this leak. I hate what it says, but its source makes me think it could actually happen.

Oh please, the "translator leak" is so fake.

This one you shared is just dumb though. Even if the person really was friends with that guy, and really did get this info, it's so insignificant. Besides not believing his story (unless he can prove it), the information given is either extremely likely or no-brainers. Like duh, obviously the online will be better and have more options. On the other things though: Ridley is already highly speculated to be a stage-hazard (after all we've heard and thought we've seen from Sakurai), K. Rool doesn't seem likely anyway (he could always be in, but saying he's not is so much easier), and if Dixie was in I doubt they'd pair her with Diddy. They have a lot of pairs now, and just revealed Rosalina&Luma not too long ago. Not to mention the Chrom&Lucina duo seems very likely at this point (to both add uniqueness and highlight an important aspect of their game). It'd be a little much if they did yet another duo by expanding an already existing character.

I know it's an aspect of their game too, but they've got a lot of options for Dixie (if they chose for her to join).

Arcticbanana

Smash Rookie
Didn't we see Kirby in the developer direct? That "banned kirby" leak doesn't make sense. If he was in the early build why would he not be in a later build? It doesn't add up.

Also, first post! *toots horn*

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
What is the translator leak?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
What is the translator leak?
This
Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.
He told me to expect quite a few newcomers and some surprises. Go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but when I get everything right, I will be the one laughing all the way to...uh...my...house.

MARIO

*Rosalina is the first and only Mario newcomer for the game.

*There were plans Waluigi to be playable but he was scrapped and his Assist has been greatly updated and is more devastating than ever before. After Waluigi, the plan was originally to have Toad playable but he was later decided to remain as Peach's B move.

*There were never any plans for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Daisy to be playable. The former was considered to be an Assist Trophy, but that idea was quickly rid of in favor of a cult favorite Mario character.

*Fawful is the new Mario Assist Trophy, he replaces Hammer Bro. Fawful is kind-of like this game's Mr. Resetti and he flies around the screen talking in his amazingly hilarious voice and will attack players at random.

DONKEY KONG

*The next character revealed will be Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze's JP release date.

*There will be a DK newcomer, though. It's King K. Rool...AND Dixie Kong. K. Rool is a standalone player and the heaviest fighter on the roster. Since he is heavy, he is also very powerful and is capable of launching fighters like Kirby and Olimar off the screen with two heavy Smash attacks. He does use the blunderbuss as his final smash. He jumps in the air and releases cannonballs from the top of the screen while launching mini-cannonballs from the side of the screen. Gangplank Galleon is confirmed to be a stage.

*Dixie Kong will be paired with Diddy Kong. Although, they'll play more like Zelda/Shiek than the Ice Climbers. Dixie has her own separate moveset but her moves are not confirmed as she not fully worked on yet.

ZELDA

*There is a Zelda newcomer but who that is, I do not know. They are keeping it a real secret. I did hear the Japanese names for Ghirahim and Tingle but if they're playable, I do not know.

*Ganondorf will retain some of C. Falcon's moveset but he has been buffed. His moveset now includes his sword. The sword can be equipped by crouching down and pressing B.

FIRE EMBLEM

*The newcomer for Fire Emblem is Chrom. As if it wasn't obvious enough, he uses the Falchion as his main attack and does NOT replace Ike. Marth, Ike and Chrom are the Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is planned to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the very first game.

*The Assist Trophy for the series is now King Gangrel and Aversa, actually. Lyn does not return. Gangrel runs fast across the stage using his Levin Sword while Aversa flies in the air using her 'Aversa's Night' as an attack. They are considered by Sakurai to be the most "unexpected" additions.

WARIO & YOSHI

*There are no major changes but Wario's classic attire is his default attire. I dunno if movesets are changed or not.

*Ashley is Wario's Assist Trophy and replaces Kat & Ana.

METROID

*Ridley is Metroid's newcomer. They scaled him down to size. Remember that Brawl video showcasing him against the PT Trainer? He looks almost exactly like that. What they did is amazSTAR FOX

*There are no major changes but Falco is further away from being a Fox clone and Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.

ANIMAL CROSSING

*Villager does have a female alt but nothing is changed.

*Tom Nook is the Assist Trophy alongside Mr. Resetti. He will go around randomly dropping bells, causing players to slip.

KID ICARUS

*Palutena is a newcomer. Her arsenal is almost entirely based from Uprising, is what I heard.

*Magnus is the KI Assist Trophy. He goes around swinging a sword and plays similar to Little Mac: fast, strong, but at times, suicidal.

POKEMON

*Mewtwo returns.

*Jigglypuff returns

*No cuts are made.

*Mewtwo and Lucario are not clones and their movesets barely resemble each others'.

KIRBY

*No newcomers for the Kirby series.

*Meta Knight will be revealed in the Summer of 2014, is what I remember.

MOTHER

*There are no major changes made to the Mother series.

RANDOM SERIES

*All misc. characters return with the addition of Little Mac. He looks like he does in the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!!

*WFT's male alt plays almost exactly like the female WFT.

*Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead.

*King Hippo and the Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion are Assist Trophies.

*I may have left out a few more veterans and stuff, but I am only retelling what I was told.

THIRD-PARTY

*We have Sonic and Mega Man in the third party slot.

*Snake does indeed return.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer revealed. Well, he won't be revealed...he'll be a secret character.

Go ahead and don't believe me. I know it's a lot to swallow but trust me, I know what I'm doing.ing according to Sakurai.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Thanks @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod and @ Niko Mar Niko Mar

I would be very content with that if it were to be true, but the premise of some rich guy just waltzing on into Nintendo HQ and bribing Sakurai for info seems laughably dumb. I guess the leaker tried to think of something more unique than his friend knowing someone at Namco. Plus the leak is full of safe, well-discussed examples.

Also I doubt the next reveal would be Diddy in the middle of February. I would guess one more veteran between now and then.

Oh well

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hate the translator leak mainly because it claims that Toad almost got in SSB4 as a playable character but then Sakurai changed his mind and had Toad stay as Peach's B move.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This
Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.
He told me to expect quite a few newcomers and some surprises. Go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but when I get everything right, I will be the one laughing all the way to...uh...my...house.

MARIO

*Rosalina is the first and only Mario newcomer for the game.

*There were plans Waluigi to be playable but he was scrapped and his Assist has been greatly updated and is more devastating than ever before. After Waluigi, the plan was originally to have Toad playable but he was later decided to remain as Peach's B move.

*There were never any plans for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Daisy to be playable. The former was considered to be an Assist Trophy, but that idea was quickly rid of in favor of a cult favorite Mario character.

*Fawful is the new Mario Assist Trophy, he replaces Hammer Bro. Fawful is kind-of like this game's Mr. Resetti and he flies around the screen talking in his amazingly hilarious voice and will attack players at random.

DONKEY KONG

*The next character revealed will be Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze's JP release date.

*There will be a DK newcomer, though. It's King K. Rool...AND Dixie Kong. K. Rool is a standalone player and the heaviest fighter on the roster. Since he is heavy, he is also very powerful and is capable of launching fighters like Kirby and Olimar off the screen with two heavy Smash attacks. He does use the blunderbuss as his final smash. He jumps in the air and releases cannonballs from the top of the screen while launching mini-cannonballs from the side of the screen. Gangplank Galleon is confirmed to be a stage.

*Dixie Kong will be paired with Diddy Kong. Although, they'll play more like Zelda/Shiek than the Ice Climbers. Dixie has her own separate moveset but her moves are not confirmed as she not fully worked on yet.

ZELDA

*There is a Zelda newcomer but who that is, I do not know. They are keeping it a real secret. I did hear the Japanese names for Ghirahim and Tingle but if they're playable, I do not know.

*Ganondorf will retain some of C. Falcon's moveset but he has been buffed. His moveset now includes his sword. The sword can be equipped by crouching down and pressing B.

FIRE EMBLEM

*The newcomer for Fire Emblem is Chrom. As if it wasn't obvious enough, he uses the Falchion as his main attack and does NOT replace Ike. Marth, Ike and Chrom are the Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is planned to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the very first game.

*The Assist Trophy for the series is now King Gangrel and Aversa, actually. Lyn does not return. Gangrel runs fast across the stage using his Levin Sword while Aversa flies in the air using her 'Aversa's Night' as an attack. They are considered by Sakurai to be the most "unexpected" additions.

WARIO & YOSHI

*There are no major changes but Wario's classic attire is his default attire. I dunno if movesets are changed or not.

*Ashley is Wario's Assist Trophy and replaces Kat & Ana.

METROID

*Ridley is Metroid's newcomer. They scaled him down to size. Remember that Brawl video showcasing him against the PT Trainer? He looks almost exactly like that. What they did is amazSTAR FOX

*There are no major changes but Falco is further away from being a Fox clone and Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.

ANIMAL CROSSING

*Villager does have a female alt but nothing is changed.

*Tom Nook is the Assist Trophy alongside Mr. Resetti. He will go around randomly dropping bells, causing players to slip.

KID ICARUS

*Palutena is a newcomer. Her arsenal is almost entirely based from Uprising, is what I heard.

*Magnus is the KI Assist Trophy. He goes around swinging a sword and plays similar to Little Mac: fast, strong, but at times, suicidal.

POKEMON

*Mewtwo returns.

*Jigglypuff returns

*No cuts are made.

*Mewtwo and Lucario are not clones and their movesets barely resemble each others'.

KIRBY

*No newcomers for the Kirby series.

*Meta Knight will be revealed in the Summer of 2014, is what I remember.

MOTHER

*There are no major changes made to the Mother series.

RANDOM SERIES

*All misc. characters return with the addition of Little Mac. He looks like he does in the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!!

*WFT's male alt plays almost exactly like the female WFT.

*Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead.

*King Hippo and the Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion are Assist Trophies.

*I may have left out a few more veterans and stuff, but I am only retelling what I was told.

THIRD-PARTY

*We have Sonic and Mega Man in the third party slot.

*Snake does indeed return.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer revealed. Well, he won't be revealed...he'll be a secret character.

Go ahead and don't believe me. I know it's a lot to swallow but trust me, I know what I'm doing.ing according to Sakurai.
And yet so far 2 are correct so that's a good start

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"The Translator" said:
"Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead."
Why would Sakurai implement an attack like that?!
...Then again...
...All those pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom