• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
So...

anybody else planning an all-nighter to see the truth?
Well, I was thinking of staying up until the pic's late, at least. A late pic has been a sign of good things before, especially if it's really late.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
With SSB's 15th anniversary tonight, Brawl's 6th on the 31st, and this rumored press event coming up, I remembered this topic from Dec:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68114360

He said, "Rhymes with data". So he was pretty much hinting at a beta. Anyone think that could be a possibility? I think simply having a beta or even a demo would help Wii U sales. Guess we'll see what these next two weeks have in store. :)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Way too may leaks and not enough evidence. Either way I try not to hype up the screenshots based on random days that may or may not matter, besides it will be just as exciting when I get up in the morning if something does happen then it would if I stay up all night anyway.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
With SSB's 15th anniversary tonight, Brawl's 6th on the 31st, and this rumored press event coming up, I remembered this topic from Dec:

He said, "Rhymes with data". So he was pretty much hinting at a beta. Anyone think that could be a possibility? I think simply having a beta or even a demo would help Wii U sales. Guess we'll see what these next two weeks have in store. :)
Interesting...

SalsaSavant said:
Lucky you.

I have a friend who works for Nintendo, which is better than a bird, and he isn't talking.
He HAS admitted that he knows ONE newcomer though. So thats...something, I guess.
This made me lol.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

It's not impossible. Sakurai said "We're at a stage where we'd like to release the new title as soon as possible, and offer something more enjoyable than ever."
http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/30/5...s-the-challenge-of-balancing-super-smash-bros

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Well, I was thinking of staying up until the pic's late, at least. A late pic has been a sign of good things before, especially if it's really late.
IIRC, Dedede was revealed earlier than most pics of the day.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

That'd be the most amazing thing ever :colorful:......if it's true *sigh*.

Bartholin

Smash Cadet
How many hours until he usually uploads the pic? Sorry, I'm in a different timezone to you all. (Australia)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait. Is something supposed to happen tonight?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Then how did I ninja you on posting the last pic of the day. Nobody messes with my wizard powers.
Actually I posted the Pic of the Day WAYYYYYYYYY before you did. Wanna bet?

Wait. Is something supposed to happen tonight?
Its the 15th Smash 64 Anniversary. Thats all I can give

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What's more, I'm now heavily convinced that Yusune or whatever his name is from GameFAQs just spelled doom for both characters by all but outright saying that ChaosZero himself disconfirmed them. That's supremely disheartening; at least the disappointment can now sink in sooner rather than later, and the fanbases can react to the final reveal in a more dignified manner than, ah, certain others as of late.
WHOA!

When did this happen?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well with the increasing usefulness and activity this thread will be comprised of, as well as the fact we've got our OP back and presumably ready to keep the first post regularly updated, current, and monitored, I'd say it's about time this thread saw itself stickied.

And special thanks to @BKupa666 who seems to be captain of the rumor patrol. :awesome:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Well congrats guys! We became stickied. All thanks to our dedication for beating every friend of someones dads co-worker at Namco-Bandai 's leak to the ground.

Now I have the feeling the prevalence of leaks will be rise. Get ready APC ;)

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
WHOA!

When did this happen?
It was in this leak BKupa666 posted a while back...

I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.

I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.

My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:

Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.

That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom